Discipline

I have two thoughts / questions on this.

Only once in two seasons have I been able to discipline a player after a game (for a red card), I never seem to have the option to discipline for poor performance or unprofessional behaviour. 

I also dislike how the player interaction works for positive player interaction.  When you selective positive, then select the reason the assistant often comments 'player will respond to public pressure', well it's not good to praise the player if they respond best to public pressure so really the assistant should tell you this on the first screen and then you can select negative discipline to act as the public pressure rather than only finding this out after you have gone through two screens for positive interaction.

This all leads into my next point about the discipline attribute in the manager profile, mine has stayed at 9 for two seasons (once it went to 10 after I was able to discipline for a sending off) but as I seem unable to ever select negative discipline how can I improve this attribute to 20.

Thanks

Chris

It is important to know that 20 is not 'the best'. Not like transfer acumen where 20 means you have great buying and selling skills. It's more like the domestic bias where it shows how strict or loose you are. E.g. Guardiola would be close to 20 while ranieri will be closer to 10. It's more to do with manager style. 

• SI Staff

You should be able to discipline a player for poor performance after they get a rating of 6 or lower in their previous match. 

Bear in mind that positive public pressure is also possible, if you're bigging them up to the media the player will feel pressure to live up to his hype.

Thanks, I am struggling to see what this has added to the game and what affects the rating though and an explanation of the rating, I am currently a 6 so what does that mean? Is it a scale of 1-10 or 1-20 and what would a higher score mean? 

Thanks

Chris

• 10 months later...
On 11/28/2016 at 11:34, Jack Joyce said:

You should be able to discipline a player for poor performance after they get a rating of 6 or lower in their previous match. 

Bear in mind that positive public pressure is also possible, if you're bigging them up to the media the player will feel pressure to live up to his hype.

One of the issues in FMM2017 was that a player could be performing poorly with a score of say, 5 and then at the full time a decent score of 7 or 8 would suddenly be awarded.

Do you know if this has been resolved for FMM2018?

• SI Staff
On 11/10/2017 at 14:27, Lillywhite Dean said:

One of the issues in FMM2017 was that a player could be performing poorly with a score of say, 5 and then at the full time a decent score of 7 or 8 would suddenly be awarded.

Do you know if this has been resolved for FMM2018?

We can't really talk too much about the upcoming edition but some work has gone into this area.

Archived