FMM17 - Hotfix plans

• SI Staff

All

Following on from last weeks launch of FMM17, we are currently preparing the following builds below. Thank you to everyone that has reported issues (via our forums or via social media).

Hotfix 1

This is to be rolled out imminently (it's in QA)

It contains fixes that we've been able to QA in the past few days that directly affect stability or cause serious gameplay issues (eg the penalty shootout issue in the OME). 

Hotfix 2

This is to be rolled out we hope within 2 weeks.

It contains a variety of fixes and improvements to the game that require a little more testing.

We will also take this opportunity to address some key data issues (Newcastle for example)

Thankyou for your support.

The FMM Team

Thanks for sorting these out so quickly, Marc. Overall, I really have been impressed with the new features in FMM17 - especially having abroad as a scouting option - and am enjoying the game.

• SI Staff

We'll release further information on the HotFix's and what is included in them in the near future - the first will mainly be 'mission critical items' (ie. things which prevent people from being able to play the game and a few other items) - most other fixes will be part of HotFix 2 which won't be long afterwards ... then all being well we'll go into our regular maintenance mode where we'll continue to support and evolve the game releasing approximately one update per month or so.

When we want game we must pay automaticly, when SI make patch (without patch game is not playable), somebody (some fictionaly guy) must tested this. Whats happen if we say, we want tested your game and if we're happy we will pay. This is not correct, and every years you're asking, why selling is not so good, this is reason, you're to slow for customers, but you're so fast when you take money. This is cheat.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, Cawthy said:

Is this update save game compatible?

Generally yes but there are a couple of specific cases where not - such as if a save is already corrupt, or it can't undo an incorrect processing of a fixture.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, rogermoreira said:

so in two weeks,more or less,the game will be ok to be played?is that it?

I would say most people are enjoying the game now - remember that it's mainly the people who have found an issue that end up here.

Just now, Alari Naylor said:

I would say most people are enjoying the game now - remember that it's mainly the people who have found an issue that end up here.

wel,i`m one of those people so...i can say that i`m not enjoying the game,not a bit...i don`t want to start a game that as a high possibility of being corrupted...

all i want,and i guess you guys want it to,is that all the major bugs are fixed so we can start a game without the fear of being interrupted by a bug :)

for example: the international selection in CL finals isn`t fixed,the absurd amount of injuries,the high amount of sacks,the player of (monthweek,year) award...and other things i read in te foruns :)

if in the next week you will release a new version that fix all the major bugs...wel,i prefer to wait :) i waited so far i can wait a week more and then start enjoyning the game :)

• SI Staff
Just now, rogermoreira said:

wel,i`m one of those people so...i can say that i`m not enjoying the game,not a bit...i don`t want to start a game that as a high possibility of being corrupted...

all i want,and i guess you guys want it to,is that all the major bugs are fixed so we can start a game without the fear of being interrupted by a bug :)

Certainly the corruption is now protected against and shouldn't be possible. Working on most of the others you mention, but we don't have enough evidence that injuries are anything above real life levels.

7 minutes ago, Alari Naylor said:

Certainly the corruption is now protected against and shouldn't be possible. Working on most of the others you mention, but we don't have enough evidence that injuries are anything above real life levels.

when you release a patch for the other bugs i mentioned,if i already started a new carrer mode is that save also being protected for the patch meanwhile released??

• SI Staff
53 minutes ago, rogermoreira said:

when you release a patch for the other bugs i mentioned,if i already started a new carrer mode is that save also being protected for the patch meanwhile released??

I'd like to answer this but could you clarify what you mean exactly in this case?

19 minutes ago, Alari Naylor said:

I'd like to answer this but could you clarify what you mean exactly in this case?

scenario: i started a new save and the fixing patch for the other problems like ( the absurd amount of injuries,the high amount of sacks,the player of (monthweek,year) award...and other things i read in te foruns )  haven`t been released yet :) if the patch is released meanwhile my save is also protected against these bugs despite being started before i installed the pacth?

more clear now? :)

Hotfix 2 will come next week if you follow your plan for hotfix released

Im not satisfied with four things right now.

-You can't see report from others game (scorers, ratings, cards...)

-You can't see record for your team (best scorer, highest win...etc)

-Somalia and Eritrea not playing qualification for World cup (like in real world)

-You can't search nations, you can't find (ex.Micronesia), you can find in fixtures of some known nations if this nation playing versus ex.Micronesia

I hope so hotfix 2 will change three of this (or maybe first two) :(

• SI Staff

Somalia and Eritrea won't be changed at present as this has to be fixed in the PC game before we can use it. Re you can't search nations - if you go to Find Club and hit the National Teams button you should be able to see them.

We are working on the first two.

Thx for this National teams, i have question for Somalia and Eritrea, whats happen if Somalia or Eritrea have better position on fifa ranking then some other Asian NT, maybe some other NT not be playing or always Somalia and Eritrea?

I need one more information for searching, how to find some managers, i want to se where is Zidane, Mourinho ...etc...how can i find some of this people. I know how to find other staff but no how to find managers..

11 hours ago, Zeljeznicar said:

Thx for this National teams, i have question for Somalia and Eritrea, whats happen if Somalia or Eritrea have better position on fifa ranking then some other Asian NT, maybe some other NT not be playing or always Somalia and Eritrea?

I need one more information for searching, how to find some managers, i want to se where is Zidane, Mourinho ...etc...how can i find some of this people. I know how to find other staff but no how to find managers..

Go in the Hall of fame you will see the top 50 managers and it will show you where they are.

• SI Staff
17 hours ago, Zeljeznicar said:

It will always be 2 African clubs, almost certainly Somalia and Eritrea. Though there is another thread for this :). Please add stuff like manager search to the wishlist thread.

Really like playing FM mobile. But something I miss very much is to be able to choose and to see squad numbers for players :) Not just numbers 1-11 for the playing players. Had hoped this would feature in FMM 17. Do you have any plans for squad number selection in the future or near future?  Would be Thankfull for answer :) and good work with The FM series.

• SI Staff

Hotfix 2 is now live. :) The latest version should be version 8.0.2.4.

Changelist:

Tweaked database in response to Newcastle issues
Tuned manager sackings
Made it possible to view AI vs AI matches on same day
Fixed issue where latest scores of AI matches didn't match result
Fixed match analysis sometimes referring to drawn league match as friendly
Fixed one example of match freeze
Fixed players departing too early for international duty
Tweaked manager movement
Fixed some issues with player career history page
Tweaked AI vs AI matches - was a bit much variation in club performances
Improved team confidence rating calculations
Fixed a couple of obscure issues importing scrapbook players to My Club
Tweaked AI vs AI player form/ratings
Fixed issue with manager history processing
Fixed issue with club history processing
Fixed obscure issue relating to specific combinations of away goals and extra time
Fixed memory leak from match screen and processing fixture
Changed/added/removed a few player pictures
Fixed another obscure issue with extra time cup ties
Fixed issue where match could reset after theoretically disallowed navigation

EDIT: Just to add that you will have to start a new game if you specifically want the database fixes - else all saves are still compatible as before.

Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
28 minutes ago, SephDarkheart said:

lower league games are not exactly playable for the long term without the continue button and scouting fixes, any news on a fix please? im tempted to ask for a refund, this wasnt what we signed up for

What's wrong with the continue button? I don't think anything's been mentioned about that

13 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

What's wrong with the continue button? I don't think anything's been mentioned about that

not stopping the simulation when other games are being played in the game world (CL, internationals, other loaded leagues )

@Jack Joyce @Alari Naylor

the game is unplayable in the spirit its meant to be played without this, scouting/scouting agency & cup cpu over 3 subs used fixed at the bare minimum

On 12/6/2016 at 22:52, AT.TA said:

It appears we are Still needing a fix on the issue of the "continue button" simulation moving through days where AI vs AI matches are scheduled and not stopping the simulation to allow the user to view the results if they are scheduled different days from your clubs matches. I.e. Not stopping the simulation to be able to view Champions League results if your team is not playing that day.  Is there a fix still planned or being investigated for this issue?

• SI Staff

This close to the holidays, any potential third hotfix would have to be for absolutely critical fixes (game crashes/freezes, progress blockers, etc.) that we would be sure won't have any knock-ons in other areas of the game.

What we've typically done in previous years is to release a larger update some time in January to address as many of the other bugs and gameplay issues as we can. 

6 hours ago, Jamie King said:

This close to the holidays, any potential third hotfix would have to be for absolutely critical fixes (game crashes/freezes, progress blockers, etc.) that we would be sure won't have any knock-ons in other areas of the game.

What we've typically done in previous years is to release a larger update some time in January to address as many of the other bugs and gameplay issues as we can. 

Pretty shocked that you think all the outstanding issues are fine to just leave without an urgent hotfix, skipping through all the results makes the game seem stripped down, a massive step back. Major Major bugs with cup competitions, FA cup stopping, replays in League Cup, Champions League final etc, more than 3 substitutions. All these issues should have been fixed 5 / 6 weeks into the release. These are major bugs. 

12 hours ago, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

Pretty shocked that you think all the outstanding issues are fine to just leave without an urgent hotfix, skipping through all the results makes the game seem stripped down, a massive step back. Major Major bugs with cup competitions, FA cup stopping, replays in League Cup, Champions League final etc, more than 3 substitutions. All these issues should have been fixed 5 / 6 weeks into the release. These are major bugs. 

lol im glad im not the only one that thinks this way

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, SephDarkheart said:

so who do i need to speak to to get a refund?

You would need to take that up with the App store you bought the game from.

----------------------------------------------------

Hotfix 8.0.3 is now live! :)

Changelist:

Fixed example of match freeze
Fixed stalled cup competition 
Fixed rare crash entering match

As ever, these fixes are compatible with save games. Those who have had save games with stalled competitions should see the competitions back up and running again by the following season at the latest. 

Merry Christmas from all the SI Team! :D

Can't believe we are three hot fixes in and the game in still skipping from match to match. Makes the game so much less in depth than all the previous versions. Clearly not going to be fixed as as surely something that makes the game much less detailed would have been fixed within three updates. Very disappointing. 

55 minutes ago, Jamie King said:

You would need to take that up with the App store you bought the game from.

----------------------------------------------------

Hotfix 8.0.3 is now live! :)

Changelist:

Fixed example of match freeze
Fixed stalled cup competition 
Fixed rare crash entering match

As ever, these fixes are compatible with save games. Those who have had save games with stalled competitions should see the competitions back up and running again by the following season at the latest. 

Merry Christmas from all the SI Team! :D

according to the google play store i have to talk to the app developer and the email address bounces emails back to me

4 minutes ago, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

Can't believe we are three hot fixes in and the game in still skipping from match to match. Makes the game so much less in depth than all the previous versions. Clearly not going to be fixed as as surely something that makes the game much less detailed would have been fixed within three updates. Very disappointing. 

continue button still isnt fixed??? oh boy

• SI Staff

Okay, I'm told if you drop a mail to help@sega.co.uk then they should be able to deal with refund requests for you. I'm not 100% sure on their refund policy to be honest, but they're the guys to get in touch with.

• SI Staff

continue button still isnt fixed??? oh boy

Now its been brought up I'll take a look into some options to configure this - some people have told me they like it as it makes things faster, but obviously some don't so having it something which is configurable in some manner is probably the best approach would you agree?

We hope that most 'critical' (ie. game stopping) issues have now been resolved and our next update will be a larger one which will include a lot of gameplay tuning, tweaking and such - this won't happen until some time in January at the earliest (as we all have families and have been working long hours and weekends to get the game released and subsequently supporting it as actively as possible ... hence we'll be at home with our families over the holidays, I'll be online sporadically and doing some support and such - but I'm hoping everyone else won't be).

5 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Now its been brought up I'll take a look into some options to configure this - some people have told me they like it as it makes things faster, but obviously some don't so having it something which is configurable in some manner is probably the best approach would you agree?

We hope that most 'critical' (ie. game stopping) issues have now been resolved and our next update will be a larger one which will include a lot of gameplay tuning, tweaking and such - this won't happen until some time in January at the earliest (as we all have families and have been working long hours and weekends to get the game released and subsequently supporting it as actively as possible ... hence we'll be at home with our families over the holidays, I'll be online sporadically and doing some support and such - but I'm hoping everyone else won't be).

That would be great Marc. I just don't think features / the ability to see all the scores / matches in your own division should be removed from the game. I suppose the problem is some people will play this game for 20 mins a day whilst others like me will play it for hours a day, even tho I have Touch on my iPad! The option to enable / disable would be amazing and suit every type of player. 

Merry Christmas and hope you and all the team have a great holiday 🎄☃️🎁

8 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

ok mark i havent been able to fully test 8.0.3 yet but can the cpu still make 3+ subs in cup games? I can live with the scouting agency GK/DM long game issues till january cause im trying to get the last 2 challenges done for now

• SI Staff
On 21/12/2016 at 08:13, SephDarkheart said:

ok mark i havent been able to fully test 8.0.3 yet but can the cpu still make 3+ subs in cup games? I can live with the scouting agency GK/DM long game issues till january cause im trying to get the last 2 challenges done for now

I'm not sure in all honesty as the rule-groups is something Rich deals with more than me, I know some tweaks were done in the hot-fix for Cup competitions but I don't know if that was covered in the changes.

(Rich has a young family and so Christmas is a very important bonding time for them, so please be patient - he'll back back online in early January, in the meantime I'll investigate (cough) by playing the game a lot while I tweak things ;):D )

Archived