7.5 million for vanarama national player

I started a game with AFC Telford in the vanarama north league, promoted a few youth players to fill the squad out a bit, a young left winger called Matthew Adamson ended up with a spot on the left wing, mainly because I didn't have the money to buy anyone else and he was a reasonable standard for the league, around 12-13 for acc, pace, crossing and dribbling and flair, and not too much else.  After a good season, 10 goals and 15 assists or so we got promoted to the vanarama national league, during this season he had a fair season and started getting a bit of interest from clubs in league 1 and lower championship teams, though I rebuffed their offers, he was only valued about 25k or so.  We stayed in the vanarama national that season, which brings me to the current season, and I couldn't keep him happy due to interest from top championship clubs, I held him as long as I could, I set his value to 500k but it didn't deter and Hull (in the Championship) started offering around 450k, then 500k, just because I really didn't want to sell him I suggested 5 million as a bit of a joke and to my amazement they accepted.  5 million.  I saved the game and reloaded to a point before the negotiation just to see what they would have paid, and I could get it to about 7.5 million pounds.  Now, a couple of things, in my reports it says he could be a championship winger in the future and he has developed well, but I'm wondering has this happened to anyone else??  I mean it will set my club up for a long long time, but does seem a little unrealistic.  Thoughts?

Ive put a picture of him here just after he signed for Hull and I put a loan back for rest of season clause in the offer.

Matthew Adamson_ Overview Profile.png

Thoughts are that it's a bug, as you have a save before the offer comes in you should have the perfect poiint for SI to reveiw the AI decision making if you raise this in the bugs forum.

In FM16, I had a young leftback that came through my youth in a Vanarama South club. He was in my first team right away. After one season, I couldn't keep him, so I sold him to Aston Villa in the Premier League...trying to remember...I think around $4 million USD? I also negotiated a loan back for an additional year, which really helped us secure promotion.

i think this is not bug...rather its great success to sell "unknown" youngster to championship side for big money... i remember in my old save on fm2007, many years ago, i sold 21-old player to chelsea for 43,5 million pounds... what im trying to say, everything is possible in football:D

1 hour ago, martplfc1 said:

He's a regen. He could have 200 pa for all you know!

Decent English youngsters are hard to come by, with the right training and tutoring he could play for England I reckon, especially with his penalty taking ability :D

but in real life this club would sell for much less. Vanarama clubs dream of getting an away draw to somewhere big in the cups because the 10-20k they make on gate receipts is life changing for them. So being offered even 50k for this guy would be more than enough in real life. I think SI have created one transfer code and applied it across the board... so yes it's based on inflated tv revenue and much more domestic spending power to mirror real life excesses (sissoko to spurs for 30m & every player city look at has a 50m surcharge)... but perhaps they need to break it down much more and apply logic on a divisional basis. You should be able to offer a bag of footballs and a box of Ginsters pasties for this sort of player.

Vardy is the record in real life at £1m. before that it was figures of £250k when Crawley came into all that money and went a bit mad.

I agree that's quite unrealistic and not thought through by SI. Given it's to Hull in the Championship, what would have been reasonable would have been to settle on a million plus a sell-on clause, say 35% (actually that's not realistic but it's what I usually try and haggle for).

Hull will likely tidy him up and sell him for big money a couple of years on, which is when you'd get a tasty windfall.

16 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I agree that's quite unrealistic and not thought through by SI. Given it's to Hull in the Championship, what would have been reasonable would have been to settle on a million plus a sell-on clause, say 35% (actually that's not realistic but it's what I usually try and haggle for).

Hull will likely tidy him up and sell him for big money a couple of years on, which is when you'd get a tasty windfall.

yes, I think that is more common for the smaller club to profit later if the prospect does become big. this is becoming more prevalent in real life. whether it's a sell on % or goals bonus etc. to get anything over £1m for a conference player is highly unlikely. £1m was a one off and should be once every few years in the game for the very best players.. not a 19 year old. hard to code I guess... but board should have forced the sale when they offered near 500k. Even if they guy is 5 * potential ... the club should know that they don't have the coaching or facilities to fulfil that potential so need to be realistic on the money they accept.

Yeah, can't really argue against your points. Maybe it should be more difficult to determine how good a player is going to be. You get great regens at really point obscure clubs, for which they ask up to £50m.

Regardless of wanting to sell, such a small club could not normally refuse a £2-3m offer.

a quick browse on Telford wiki - the club is in debt. 10 years ago, like one of my teams, they were handing round buckets at the gate begging the fans for money to avoid administration.

the original £500,000 bid was 20 x larger than their record sale.. for a 19 yr old... to negotiate any higher is unrealistic.. to get 7.5m is game of thrones territory. pure fantasy.

I suggest raise it as a bug, because whilst it's amusing while you are on the receiving end.. it's so frustrating being on the other side of the fence. trying to manage a budget with teams like Crewe you need to find prospects from Vanarama...you cannot be paying 7.5m for any kid that's highly rated.

• Record transfer fee paid: £5,000, Lee Moore from Tamworth in December 2006[9]
  • Record transfer fee received: £25,000, Duane Courtney to Burnley, August 2005[9]

Archived