[1.3] Game won't load

Was playing a game fine with the current patch (THANK YOU! :) ) , but as I tried to load the game again, it froze. This has happened 4-5 times in the last 15 minutes. It won't load at all.

EDIT: I created a brand new save, different teams, and this is happening again. It can't be a corrupt save file. BUT, I can load games that I started in 1.22 just fine, but I've started 2 different saves in 1.3, and it won't load either of them.

EHM.png

8 hours ago, Riz Remes said:

What database are you using to start the new game and when are you saving it for the first time ? Can you upload one of your saves to our FTP so I could have a look ?

Sorry, dumb mistake to not do that first. I am using the TBL 2015-2016 rosters. The save file is uploaded, and called "Stars".

Edit: Not sure when I'm saving it for the FIRST time; I save periodically, and I have auto-saves happening monthly, but those files don't seem to be showing up, even though I turned off "compressed saves". But both my saves made it to mid November (22nd+23rd) when they refuse to open.

• SI Staff

It looks like a corruption of the player stats history in the saved game. Are you using those rosters "as is" or have you done any editing at all ? I would suggest turning on the auto saves at "Every week", with "Date Stamped Files" as the auto save mode. This way you will have backups there if something goes wrong. Plus in that case you can go back and see if the problem re-appears when proceeding from the older saved game again. That would be easier to then debug here as well if something is going wrong. From a save that has already been corrupted, it can be hard to get information about what originally caused the issue.

If you manually save the game in between, the auto save timer will reset, so that's probably why your monthly auto saves did not appear.

2 hours ago, Riz Remes said:

It looks like a corruption of the player stats history in the saved game. Are you using those rosters "as is" or have you done any editing at all ? I would suggest turning on the auto saves at "Every week", with "Date Stamped Files" as the auto save mode. This way you will have backups there if something goes wrong. Plus in that case you can go back and see if the problem re-appears when proceeding from the older saved game again. That would be easier to then debug here as well if something is going wrong. From a save that has already been corrupted, it can be hard to get information about what originally caused the issue.

If you manually save the game in between, the auto save timer will reset, so that's probably why your monthly auto saves did not appear.

Okay, I appreciate you looking at it. I have not edited the rosters in any way. I can't open the save, so I started a new one and just made sure to save past November (which is where the other 2 got stuck) and it's lasted me 2 seasons as of today. So, I guess the issue is when it was saved/closed? I can't open that save again to try.

• SI Staff

It could be that something went wrong when saving the game yes. That's why the incremental auto saves are a good backup, because you have earlier saves to return to, if something gets corrupted whilst saving. Be sure to also check the "Save safely" option in the preferences, as that writes the saved game to a temporary file first, before overwriting the actual old save file.

Archived