FA Cup, no more third qualifying round?

Hello,

I don't know if it's just in my game, but it seems that the third qualifying round in the FA Cup has been done away with - meaning we start with the fourth qualifying round. Anyone else noticed this?

It might not sound much, but it does mean that when taking over some National League South/North sides, you won't even have an FA Cup campaign in that season. I've noticed this for some of the newer NLS/NLN teams, like Hungerford.

It also seems to mean that no lower non-league clubs will be in the FA Cup, which is a shame as it's fun being drawn against obscure teams.

Anyone got any observations on this?

Cheers!

On 23/11/2016 at 00:10, Alari Naylor said:

This is intentional at this point for performance reasons, we can look into the speed cost of bringing the earliest rounds back in the long run.

It's disappointing that's features are being removed,the  FA Cup is a massive part of the game when managing lower league teams, between this and other things like not being able to see other match details of the games played in your division is really going backwards.

Losing key features to make the game a few seconds quicker defeats the purpose of adding new features, will these new features be removed in the future to make the game a few seconds more quicker :/ 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

So won't be fixed with the two upcoming hot fixes? ?

Don't know yet, it's more complex than expected. Won't make the first but there's a chance it could make the second. We don't want to promise something and fail to deliver.

20 hours ago, AndrewDriverNo1 said:

It's disappointing that's features are being removed,the  FA Cup is a massive part of the game when managing lower league teams, between this and other things like not being able to see other match details of the games played in your division is really going backwards.

Losing key features to make the game a few seconds quicker defeats the purpose of adding new features, will these new features be removed in the future to make the game a few seconds more quicker :/ 

Ah, glad it's not just me that enjoys managing in lower-league and non-league! :) 

If you can't enter the FA Cup as a non-league, then I'll probably end up going back to FMH15 or FMM16 in the long run :( 

Archived