New to FMM series, some questions

Hi all,

I've just recently picked up FMM 2017, having never played any FM games in the past. I know the bare basics of football management, from games such as PES and FIFA. The team I've picked is Sydney FC in the Oceania A-League (as that's my local team). I'm playing on iphone 6 normal, so I've got the cramped interface screen if that matters. I've got some questions related to interface and game mechanics that's bothering me: 

1. What should a newbie like me be concentrating as my first playthrough? What are some major things I should take care of in the first few seasons? What are some must-dos and must-do-nots? Currently I've gone through half a season, filled up my staff list, recruited a player or two and offer some contracts to some youngsters. But the game seems to play itself fine up to now. 

2. On player recruitment, my scouts have been pretty useless, not finding any players in half a year. So I've been looking at players just via the player search tool. The issue is I'm not sure what kind of players I should be looking for. Is it a good idea to use the player template and look for players better than my current team? 

3. Regarding the interface when searching for players, is there a way to sort players by their stats? For example I have filtered for 15+ stamina on top of other criteria, is there a way for me to sort those with highest stamina at the top? 

4. I haven't touched the tactics side at all, the players plays best in 4-4-2, any other formation and I'm seeing red and orange so I'm assuming in terms of gameplay that's bad. Should I ever consider retraining for suitable positions? When others say pick a formation and train players to the new formation, does that mean retraining for new positions?

If anyone got tips, pointers or links to guide for newbies, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, Lanster said:

Hi all,

I've just recently picked up FMM 2017, having never played any FM games in the past. I know the bare basics of football management, from games such as PES and FIFA. The team I've picked is Sydney FC in the Oceania A-League (as that's my local team). I'm playing on iphone 6 normal, so I've got the cramped interface screen if that matters. I've got some questions related to interface and game mechanics that's bothering me: 

1. What should a newbie like me be concentrating as my first playthrough? What are some major things I should take care of in the first few seasons? What are some must-dos and must-do-nots? Currently I've gone through half a season, filled up my staff list, recruited a player or two and offer some contracts to some youngsters. But the game seems to play itself fine up to now. 

2. On player recruitment, my scouts have been pretty useless, not finding any players in half a year. So I've been looking at players just via the player search tool. The issue is I'm not sure what kind of players I should be looking for. Is it a good idea to use the player template and look for players better than my current team? 

3. Regarding the interface when searching for players, is there a way to sort players by their stats? For example I have filtered for 15+ stamina on top of other criteria, is there a way for me to sort those with highest stamina at the top? 

4. I haven't touched the tactics side at all, the players plays best in 4-4-2, any other formation and I'm seeing red and orange so I'm assuming in terms of gameplay that's bad. Should I ever consider retraining for suitable positions? When others say pick a formation and train players to the new formation, does that mean retraining for new positions?

If anyone got tips, pointers or links to guide for newbies, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

http://vibe.community/forums/topic/38480-7-newbie-tips-for-fmm17/#comment-290011

http://vibe.community/forums/topic/38553-key-to-success-in-lower-leagues/#comment-291298

Reade those guides and feel free to register and ask your questions in the forum. 

Regarding your third question there is no way to do that at the moment

Archived