Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Block4Gooner

Arsenal finances after winnig Prem

Recommended Posts

I have a problem with my Arsenal finances after season 1.

I started by having no transfers allowed.

I had a wage budget of 2,982.000 pw but season 2 it dropped to 2.886.000 even after winning the prem

my overall balance season 1 was 308.948,000 season 2  326,761,000

My profit season 1 was 64,874,000 

why has my wage budget gone down?

also my wage budget is quite small in relation to other big teams.

Arsenal wage budget season 2 is 2M 886k (season 1  2M 982K = down 96K pw) spending 2M 923k Transfer budget 72M nett transfer 72M

Spurs                                                 2M 39k (season 1     1M 867K = up 72K pw)                          2M 89k                                30M                         13.15M

Man U                                                4M 324k (season1   4M 847K  =down 523K)                         4M 360k                              83M                        28M

Citeh                                                  4M 168K (season 1  3M 653K  = up 515K pw)                       4M 535k                               11.5M                     163M

Chelsea                                              3M 282K (season1  2M 964K   = up  318K pw)                     3M 642K                              20M                        48M

Liverpool                                           2M 842K (season 1  2M 773K   = up 71K pw)                        3M 642K                              58M                         60M

 

any suggestions appreciated

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your board are probably aware that wage budgets are important and want to keep a tight reign on things ... not sure why you think having a good season should automatically mean you get a bigger budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Your board are probably aware that wage budgets are important and want to keep a tight reign on things ... not sure why you think having a good season should automatically mean you get a bigger budget.

reduced budget

all other tams (except city champs league) won nowt but got an increase so i'd expect an inrease with an operating profit of 60M+

have now 90M to spend but cany buy anyone as can only pay £200 pw :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Block4Gooner said:

reduced budget

all other tams (except city champs league) won nowt but got an increase so i'd expect an inrease with an operating profit of 60M+

have now 90M to spend but cany buy anyone as can only pay £200 pw :)

So why not transfer some of that £90m into the wage budget?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Block4Gooner said:

will not let me due to ffp

So there is the answer to your original post.

You can't have an increase to your wage budget due to FFP rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're FFP restricted then the board have rightly decided to not risk picking up a fine or worse by providing a budget greater than what the rules allows, this is actually a very realistic approach from the AI board at Arsenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spurs                                                 2M 39k (season 1     1M 867K = up 72K pw)                          2M 89k                                30M                         13.15M

Man U                                                4M 324k (season1   4M 847K  =down 523K)                         4M 360k                              83M                        28M

Citeh                                                  4M 168K (season 1  3M 653K  = up 515K pw)                       4M 535k                               11.5M                     163M

Chelsea                                              3M 282K (season1  2M 964K   = up  318K pw)                     3M 642K                              20M                        48M

Liverpool                                           2M 842K (season 1  2M 773K   = up 71K pw)                        3M 642K                              58M                         60M

my point is 4 of the 5 teams had an increase and although i won the league and champs league semi finalists mine was reduced. also have 90M to spend but cannot afford wages. had to renew many contracts to stop players leaving ( Ozil, Sanchez and Bellarin the main 3)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Block4Gooner said:

Spurs                                                 2M 39k (season 1     1M 867K = up 72K pw)                          2M 89k                                30M                         13.15M

Man U                                                4M 324k (season1   4M 847K  =down 523K)                         4M 360k                              83M                        28M

Citeh                                                  4M 168K (season 1  3M 653K  = up 515K pw)                       4M 535k                               11.5M                     163M

Chelsea                                              3M 282K (season1  2M 964K   = up  318K pw)                     3M 642K                              20M                        48M

Liverpool                                           2M 842K (season 1  2M 773K   = up 71K pw)                        3M 642K                              58M                         60M

my point is 4 of the 5 teams had an increase and although i won the league and champs league semi finalists mine was reduced. also have 90M to spend but cannot afford wages. had to renew many contracts to stop players leaving ( Ozil, Sanchez and Bellarin the main 3)

 

The point is your wage budget cannot be increased due to FFP restrictions.

How difficult is that to understand?

What other teams do is irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cougar2010 said:

The point is your wage budget cannot be increased due to FFP restrictions.

How difficult is that to understand?

What other teams do is irrelevant.

thanks for the tone.

you're missing my point.

winning things increases club finances. in order to win things you need players. players like to be paid. i have not spent billions on players and paid 300k p/w.

ffp is not difficult for me to understand. in every incarnation of FM you could have a smaller transfer budget ad increase your allowed wages which is a kind of book balancing?

i do not need the 90M transfer budget as i cannot afford to pay the wages.

west Brom agreed to but Rob Holing for 5M but he rejected their contract offer of £200 p/w so other teams are inthe same boat.

if this keeps up will the game eventually become unplayable unless you become a selling club? assuming ofcourse other teams can affor to pay wages.

as you can see from the abovechart teams have money but no wagebudget unless they get players off their wage bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Block4Gooner said:

thanks for the tone.

you're missing my point.

winning things increases club finances. in order to win things you need players. players like to be paid. i have not spent billions on players and paid 300k p/w.

ffp is not difficult for me to understand. in every incarnation of FM you could have a smaller transfer budget ad increase your allowed wages which is a kind of book balancing?

i do not need the 90M transfer budget as i cannot afford to pay the wages.

west Brom agreed to but Rob Holing for 5M but he rejected their contract offer of £200 p/w so other teams are inthe same boat.

if this keeps up will the game eventually become unplayable unless you become a selling club? assuming ofcourse other teams can affor to pay wages.

as you can see from the abovechart teams have money but no wagebudget unless they get players off their wage bill

and yet again you've missed the point.

FFP restricts the amount of wages you can pay.  You have been given the limit, the club can't increase it further without breaking the rules however much money they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

and yet again you've missed the point.

FFP restricts the amount of wages you can pay.  You have been given the limit, the club can't increase it further without breaking the rules however much money they have.

so these figures in your opinion are correct then?

arsenal have bigger attendances, full stadiums, more prize money than the teams mentioned above but their wage budgets increase whilst Arsenal's goes down.

in the real world would wage budgets increase with success or faiure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Block4Gooner said:

so these figures in your opinion are correct then?

arsenal have bigger attendances, full stadiums, more prize money than the teams mentioned above but their wage budgets increase whilst Arsenal's goes down.

I don't know, if you think the rules are applied incorrectly report it in the bugs forum for SI to review.

 

 

Just now, Block4Gooner said:

in the real world would wage budgets increase with success or faiure?

IRL the wage budgets depend on the rules, how much money the club has and how much the board are willing to spend on wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what are the penalties for failing FFP (wages).

I will fail that part in Liverpool in my second season for sure.

Interesting part is that my board allow me to adjust and do with my transfer budget and wage budget whatever I want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The penalty for failing wage FFP requirements in the Premier League is supposed to be just a 20% fine of the amount overspent. Makes perfect sense to me that Arsenal wouldn`t be willing to pay that fine while other teams don`t really care about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

The penalty for failing wage FFP requirements in the Premier League is supposed to be just a 20% fine of the amount overspent. 

If thats really true (only financial penalty) than it doesnt matter.

I was worried about that 5 point penalty for the next season.

btw im 30 mil. over FFP wage regulations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...