FM17: Borussia Dortmund - Unser ganzes Leben, unser ganzer Stolz

Michael Zorc

On 12/9/2016 at 14:37, enders357 said:

Hi all. Can I ask about this issue with German based German players not being interested in moving to another German club - how badly is it affecting your saves? I really want to play as Dortmund and was hoping to get started this weekend, but if this is a game ruining issue I'm not so keen. What do you reckon?

This has apparently been fixed as part of the 17.2.0 update, and the fix is save game compatible. Can anyone confirm?

On 14/12/2016 at 16:25, enders357 said:

This has apparently been fixed as part of the 17.2.0 update, and the fix is save game compatible. Can anyone confirm?

I fired up my save and tested it out by signing Orban from RBL. He was still 'German' and hadn't declared for Hungary. Small sample size but it seems to be fixed?

Just about to start into the third season. Last year I lost the league on the final day to Bayern, which stung, so I went a bit crazy in this transfer window by my usual standards.

Going out was a raft of young/back up players, about thirty all told and my B team is empty. Erik Durm was the biggest in there, leaving for £2.3m, with Mikel Merino also leaving for just over £1m. There was three massive outgoings, Raphael Guerreiro (£40m to Manchester City, he was fairly inconsistent last season, and Tierney was outperforming him, he was also desperate to join them), Mario Gotze (£36.5m to Leverkusen. Only got one goal and one assist last season, and with Coutinho, Correa and Pulisic it was a bit pointless keeping Gotze about, ideally he wouldn't have been sold to a rival, but the money was right), Saido Berahino (£37m to Bayern. Scored 16 goals last season, but they were all in fits and starts, he'd been moaning about a lack of game time too but with Vietto vastly outperforming him (he scored 25 in 25 in the league) then I was happy to accept the offer. A £37m profit after 12 months is a good thing). 

In terms of incomings, I tried to go for quality more than quantity. First off was Aymeric Laporte (£65m from Bilbao. A huge fee, one which I debated about doing for a while, but one which I felt could push me up a tier. Hes a huge upgrade on Bartra and Rudiger, and I'm hoping he stays for years so I can develop a defensive triumvirate of Horn, Ginter and Laporte), Moses Odjer (£7.5m from Salernitana. A bit of a hidden gem, I think. Seems comfortable in both my CM roles (DLP/BBM) and has plenty of room to continue improving), David Selke (£19m from Red Bull Leipzig. Needed another striker since Berahino left, and Selkes huge physicals, and 16 goals/10 assists last season impressed me. His wages were higher than I wanted to pay, but Vietto picked up an injury so I needed a striker who could instantly perform, and he was easily the leading candidate).

All and all, I made £15m profit from the transfer window.

Just started my third season. Managed to bring in Niklas Sule for 35 million. That leaves me with 5 centrebacks. Sule, Sokratis, Batra, Ginter and Rudiger. Probably gonna sell either Sokratis or Batra with Barca and Real Madrid showing interest in them. 

Man City made me an offer of 80 million for Dembele which i simply cannot turn down. So off he go. Targeting Thomas Lemar as his replacement but just couldn't get Monaco to sell although he is placed on the loan list. Probably gonna loan him and see if i can find any way to get them to sell him. Gonna offload Castro as i feel Mikel Merino is all ready to step up and take over him. Matia Perin is available for cheap so looking to bring him in and sell of Burki who has found himself second choice behind Rajkovic. Could have a couple more departures with a few big teams sniffing around Luan and Harold Preciado. 

Finally managed to start my yearly save with Borussia Dortmund. Will play a 4-2-3-1 wide formation, which i think suits the team superb. I must say this is the most exiting Dortmund team in many years, with so much promising talent. The aim is to build the team around Pulisic and Dembele, will do everything to keep them at the club for many years. 

Transfers:

2z5itzn.png

The season started well, with a convincing victory against Bayern Munich in the DFL Supercup.

9qkx9v.jpg

And the rest of the season was a joy ! I was hoping to do well in both Bundesliga and Champions League, but didn't think i would overachieve so much. Won the league with 92 points, 14 points ahead of Bayern. Don't think i have gone a season undefeated before.

2aird5i.png

And best of all, i clinched the title with a impressive win at Veltins Arena.

242u4rb.png

Also won Champions League, after beating Roma (!) 2-1 in Cardiff, Got a easy group with Leicester, Kroatia Zagreb and Anderlecht, before i knocked out Napoli, Atletico Madrid and PSG on my road to the final.

2qnqjhg.png

1 hour ago, matsnor21 said:

Finally managed to start my yearly save with Borussia Dortmund. Will play a 4-2-3-1 wide formation, which i think suits the team superb. I must say this is the most exiting Dortmund team in many years, with so much promising talent. The aim is to build the team around Pulisic and Dembele, will do everything to keep them at the club for many years. 

Transfers:

2z5itzn.png

The season started well, with a convincing victory against Bayern Munich in the DFL Supercup.

9qkx9v.jpg

And the rest of the season was a joy ! I was hoping to do well in both Bundesliga and Champions League, but didn't think i would overachieve so much. Won the league with 92 points, 14 points ahead of Bayern. Don't think i have gone a season undefeated before.

2aird5i.png

242u4rb.png

Also won Champions League, after beating Roma (!) 2-1 in Cardiff, Got a easy group with Leicester, Kroatia Zagreb and Anderlecht, before i knocked out Napoli, Atletico Madrid and PSG on my road to the final.

2qnqjhg.png

Wow what a season, what tactic and skin are you using?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in to my third season now and I'm finding it so frustrating the way our best players always want to leave! I've lost Reus, Gotze, Guerreirro, and Kevin Wimmer (who I had only signed in the previous window) essentially against my will, and I have had to give Ousmane Dembele a new contract on no fewer than six occasions to stop him going. Now Weigl wants to go to Bayern, Ginter wants to go to Real, and Ousmane Dembele is getting itchy feet again. It's so annoying, especially as I'm able to sign very good players from very good clubs (Ter Stegen, Rugani, Mousa Dembele) but not keep them all happy to stay. Gah!

With the new signing of Isak i'm thinking about starting a new save with Dortmund and get Drogba as his tutor :)
I'm also looking for a tutor for Weigl to boost his personality. In my last save Weigl could only be tutored by Kagawa and Schürrle. Both of them have an ambitious personality which i don't like because of the low loyalty.
So who could be a good tutor for Weigl?

On 1/20/2017 at 04:43, enders357 said:

I'm in to my third season now and I'm finding it so frustrating the way our best players always want to leave! I've lost Reus, Gotze, Guerreirro, and Kevin Wimmer (who I had only signed in the previous window) essentially against my will, and I have had to give Ousmane Dembele a new contract on no fewer than six occasions to stop him going. Now Weigl wants to go to Bayern, Ginter wants to go to Real, and Ousmane Dembele is getting itchy feet again. It's so annoying, especially as I'm able to sign very good players from very good clubs (Ter Stegen, Rugani, Mousa Dembele) but not keep them all happy to stay. Gah!

I will just sell these players and re-invest that money. Unless you get your reputation up, this will happen every season. I've been selling players for obscene amount every season after the first. I sold Aubameyang and Gotze for 70mil and 50mil at the start of my second season, Dembele for 80 mil at the start of the third season, Schurrle and Passlack for 75mil and 90 mil at the start of fourth. Didn't wanna lose Passlack but Bayern went to activate his release clause -_-

8 hours ago, yaprulez said:

I will just sell these players and re-invest that money. Unless you get your reputation up, this will happen every season. I've been selling players for obscene amount every season after the first. I sold Aubameyang and Gotze for 70mil and 50mil at the start of my second season, Dembele for 80 mil at the start of the third season, Schurrle and Passlack for 75mil and 90 mil at the start of fourth. Didn't wanna lose Passlack but Bayern went to activate his release clause -_-

90m for Passlack! He's been useless for me and is now, in my third season, playing for the B team after I failed to find him a loan move. I've strugled to accomodate him because I want one of my fullbacks to be defensive minded and with Schmelzer and Guerreiro on the left it made sense for the right back to be that guy. I have signed Klostermann and Lindelof for the job. I considered re-training Passlack as a right midfielder, but the squad already has good options there too. How did you use him?

15 hours ago, enders357 said:

90m for Passlack! He's been useless for me and is now, in my third season, playing for the B team after I failed to find him a loan move. I've strugled to accomodate him because I want one of my fullbacks to be defensive minded and with Schmelzer and Guerreiro on the left it made sense for the right back to be that guy. I have signed Klostermann and Lindelof for the job. I considered re-training Passlack as a right midfielder, but the squad already has good options there too. How did you use him?

He's been brilliant for me since my first season. I play a very much attacking formation and the two fullbacks are crucial to it. i used him as a complete wingback on attack duty. 

• 1 month later...

What an amazingly detailed team guide!

It's inspired me to have a go with Dortmund.. Is anybody else still playing with these? 

I'm starting on the 17.3 update, and curious to see how the likes of Pulisic and Isak will do.  Not to mention all the other fantastic young players they have at their disposal. 

On 17/12/2016 at 23:27, RandomGuy. said:

Just about to start into the third season. Last year I lost the league on the final day to Bayern, which stung, so I went a bit crazy in this transfer window by my usual standards.

Going out was a raft of young/back up players, about thirty all told and my B team is empty. Erik Durm was the biggest in there, leaving for £2.3m, with Mikel Merino also leaving for just over £1m. There was three massive outgoings, Raphael Guerreiro (£40m to Manchester City, he was fairly inconsistent last season, and Tierney was outperforming him, he was also desperate to join them), Mario Gotze (£36.5m to Leverkusen. Only got one goal and one assist last season, and with Coutinho, Correa and Pulisic it was a bit pointless keeping Gotze about, ideally he wouldn't have been sold to a rival, but the money was right), Saido Berahino (£37m to Bayern. Scored 16 goals last season, but they were all in fits and starts, he'd been moaning about a lack of game time too but with Vietto vastly outperforming him (he scored 25 in 25 in the league) then I was happy to accept the offer. A £37m profit after 12 months is a good thing). 

In terms of incomings, I tried to go for quality more than quantity. First off was Aymeric Laporte (£65m from Bilbao. A huge fee, one which I debated about doing for a while, but one which I felt could push me up a tier. Hes a huge upgrade on Bartra and Rudiger, and I'm hoping he stays for years so I can develop a defensive triumvirate of Horn, Ginter and Laporte), Moses Odjer (£7.5m from Salernitana. A bit of a hidden gem, I think. Seems comfortable in both my CM roles (DLP/BBM) and has plenty of room to continue improving), David Selke (£19m from Red Bull Leipzig. Needed another striker since Berahino left, and Selkes huge physicals, and 16 goals/10 assists last season impressed me. His wages were higher than I wanted to pay, but Vietto picked up an injury so I needed a striker who could instantly perform, and he was easily the leading candidate).

All and all, I made £15m profit from the transfer window.

Not played as much, due to moving house, but have just finished my fourth season...

In season three, we finally won the league...

aKGtsSe.png

David Selkes 21 goals in 22 games was a massive help, while Laporte really steadied my backline. We lost to Man City in the First knockout round of the CL, and then lost a last minute goal in the German Cup Final against RBL, ended up 5-4. Yet another kick in the teeth, to add to the last game loss of the title the season before.

Into 2019/20. 

The Summer saw a raft of younger players let go to let the next batch have a run at things. Biggest outgoings were Emre Mor who joined Atletico Madrid for an initial £15m, with scope for it to reach £20m. Also leaving was Mateo Kovacic in a £20m move to Manchester United. He'd only joined for £6.5m the previous January, but I really struggled to get him working effectively within my tactics. I prefer my DLP to sit deeper, as I play Kessie and a BBM and he leaves areas exposed sometimes. Weigl covers him effectively, but Kovacic seemed to roam around more, despite instruction.

Coming in was Ryotaro Echigo, a Japanese forward signed for free from Urawa Reds. Looks a massive prospect, and I've brought him in with the knowledge that Vietto is started to get unsettled by Real Madrid. He'll be first choice within the next 2-3 seasons. Rui Pires also joined from Porto, for £5.5m, he takes Kovacics role as understudy to Weigl, and his natural position of DM, plus his preferred moves, means hes a perfect player for that role. Still a bit rough but looks very good for the fee. 

We made a few more incomings and outgoings, but mostly just youths being shuffled about, and me taking gambles on younger talents, so I won't bother going through them all.

In the league we finished 3rd, CL we reached the Quarters and we lost in the Semis of the German Cup. A fairly poor season.

All in all, I made a profit of £43m last season (£12m spent, £55m sold)

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/12/2016 at 13:28, matsnor21 said:

Transfers:

2z5itzn.png

9qkx9v.jpg

2aird5i.png

242u4rb.png

2qnqjhg.png

can you share/show your tactic? haven't had much success with a 4231

• 2 weeks later...

I finished second in the league one point behind Buyern. But we won the DFB-Pokal and the Ligapokal. We also reached the CL semi-finale, where we lost against Real Madrid.

First season transfers were:
7jn3xFZ.png

Players who will leave are Kagawa, Castro, Piszczek and Rode. I'm not sure about Piszczek and Rode, maybe i keep them another season and retrain Rode as a wing back.
If there is interest in Schürrle, he will also leave. He earns €6M, which is way too much for a rotation player. Aubameyang also requested to join PSG.

Pre-aranged transfers for the next season are Dahoud and Toprak. I'm not sure about Toprak, he doesn't look that good.
I'm looking at Havertz or Lincoln as backup for Götze and to replace Kagawa. As a replacement for Aubameyang i would like to bring in a big name like Dybala, Icardi, Lacazette, Lukaku or Andre Silva.

2016/2017:

IN:

GUIDETTI John - Celta, € 10.5M

UDUOKHAI Felix - 1860 München, € 9.75M

HORN Timo - Köln, € 9M

OUT:

DURM Erik - Leicester, € 8M

PARK Joo-Ho - Lyon, € 2.6M

BURNIC Dzenis - AIK, € 240k

EBERWEIN Michael - Vejle, € 150k

CAMOGLU Burak - Young Boys Bern, € 69k

DIETZ Lars - St.Pauli, € 54k

SCHUMACHER Till - Bochum, € 38.5k

PIEPER Amos - Nürnberg, € 38.5k

MERINO Mikel - PSV, huur € 120k/maand

Same procedure as last year. We just finished second season one point behind Buyern, won the DFB-Pokal and the Ligapokal. In CL we got absolutely rekt in the 1st knock out round, losing 7:1 to Atletico. Buyern looked really unstoppable, playing unbeaten till late March, then began to struggle a bit, but still won the Bundesliga.

Second Season Transfers:

BS4bf3m.png

There is a lot of interest in players like Weigl, Pulisic, Reus, Guerreiro, Isak, Andre Silva and Dembele. Buyern is interested in 5 of them, absolutly unrealistic :D They seem to be scared of losing the top spot in german football.

I'm keen to keep the majority of them. Most of them signed new contracts during the winter break. Guerreiro wanted to join Arsenal in winter, but i promised him to win silverware and we did.

I allready signed Lemar (€27.5M + €5M), Gimenez (€35M + €5M) and Guilherme Arana (€4.3M + €1.1M).

Players who will leave are Carrick, Piszczek, Schürrle, Kagawa and Castro. Lemos and Mor will be going out on loan.

• 4 weeks later...

Mid-way through November - since I had so many people injured at the beginning, I checked the "No First Window Transfers" or whatever.  Bit selfish, but means I might be able to catch up by letting my players perform and garner some transfer value.

Aubaumeyang is on fire with 18 goals in 16 total appearances.  Goetze just came back off rehab and has made about 7 starts, splitting with Kagawa.  Reus is due to finish rehab in a few days.  Sven Bender is due to start rehab shortly.  Dembele has been ok, as has Schurrle and Pulisic.  

I'm playing a 4-4-1-1 (offset AMC/ST) - it's a variation on Ozil's Saachi 4-4-2 formation.  In 10 Bundesliga games, we're 8-1-1 only 2 points back of Bayern.  We're currently 2nd place in our Champions League group with 6 points, 1-3-0 (R. Madrid, Besiktas and PSV).

1 hour ago, mikcheck said:

What do you guys think of Raphael Guerreiro? Is he a good attacking fullback/wingback?

He's been splitting time for me with Schmelzer as well as playing in my central midfield.  Good depth guy but replaceable.

Well, against all odds, we succeeded!

We lost to Athletico Madrid in the first knock-out round 3-1 after finishing second in our group.

We also had to play second-fiddle to Bayern for the majority of the season.  They started on something like a 15 game winning streak.

With 4 games left in the season, we were 3 points up.  We played BMG, Hertha (in 3rd place), Hamburg and Hoffenheim.  We beat BMG but lost to Hertha.  We then beat Hamburg.  We were 1 point up going into the final match.  

Hoff went up 2-0 inside of the first 7 minutes (!!!).  I figured we were toast but Aubameyang and Reus scored to equalize.  I didn't realize this at the time, but Bayern were up on Leverkusen 1-0 but Kampl saved my season by equalizing in the 89th minute!  

We then beat Leverkusen 3-2 to win the German Cup to give us the trebel - Super Cup, German Cup and First Division Title.

Not bad for a first season.  I got about $64m USD in transfer money and blew it all on Ter-Stegen.  Just too many games where Burki just wasn't good enough.  Got him for $48.5m USD and $8.5m Sign On Bonus.

33808618744_c838a19a56_o.jpg

34610560396_32c2bddfe0_o.jpg

34610560886_a70d9f3b16_o.jpg

As mentioned above, I used a modified verison of Ozil's Saachi 4-4-2.  Worked pretty well for me, though our defense could be better.

33808619334_c1d3bd4727_b.jpg

33841849123_ba33ea5462_o.jpg

Archived