Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
supercoop

Players requiring work permits FM 2017

Recommended Posts

I am Man Utd and have quite a lot of young players still need work permits who I have signed. What is the easiest way in acquiring them? It seems like every time I apply for one they get rejected. Could someone please tell me the correct procedure.

Thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they don't qualify, they don't get a work permit.

You can loan them out to a country where they could play and perhaps gain an EU nationality but it takes time & with Brexit in the game its unlikely to be worthwhile.

TBH the question has to be why sis you sign them if they didn't qualify for a work permit?

You need to pick your transfer targets better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh right ok. I'm sure sometimes in the past with other players I've eventually managed to get them a work permit after being at the club so long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's different now with Brexit coded into the game, things change (potentially) a lot in the future.  Seems a bit odd if youre going down the route of signing foreign youngsters, you didnt loan them out to a WP feeder though... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say that while i love the idea of the effects of Brexit being implemented, i still would of thought a work permit for Lucas Olaza and Maximilliano Romero would of been possible! Its odd that Olaza would easily be my second lb for Liverpool and Romero is a well known talent and im certain talent has had an impact on WP's before, let alone talent AND squad role!

 

Im thinking its a bit to hard atm to sign these player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

I gotta say that while i love the idea of the effects of Brexit being implemented, i still would of thought a work permit for Lucas Olaza and Maximilliano Romero would of been possible! Its odd that Olaza would easily be my second lb for Liverpool and Romero is a well known talent and im certain talent has had an impact on WP's before, let alone talent AND squad role!

 

Im thinking its a bit to hard atm to sign these player.

Thats got nothing to do with Brexit and everything to do with the current work permit rules which were tightened up in the last couple of years.

Olaza is 22yo and has never played for Uruguay while Romero is the same albeit he is much younger at 17yo.

The new rules are fairly straight forward as follows (For U21s the length of time is 12 months rather than 24):

Official FIFA Ranking Required % of international matches over previous 24 months
FIFA 1-10

30% and above

FIFA 11-20

45% and above

FIFA 21-30

60% and above

FIFA 31-50

75% and above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! However Uruguay and Argentina are in the top 10 rankings IIRC, so would that 30% count for u21 games too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, craigd84 said:

Thank you! However Uruguay and Argentina are in the top 10 rankings IIRC, so would that 30% count for u21 games too?

No all games have to be full internationals.

There is also an appeals process IRL although I'm not sure how much of it is coded into FM:

Criteria  Points 
The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is in the top 25% of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows 3 points
The value of the transfer fee being paid for the player is between the 50th and 75th % of all transfers to Premier League clubs in the previous 2 windows 2 points
The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club is in the top 25% of the top 30 earners at the club 3 points
The wages being paid to the player by the applicant club are between the 50th and 75th % of all the top 30 earners at the club 2 points
The player’s current club is in a Top League[3] and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes 1 point
The player’s current club has played in the group stages or onwards of the Champions League, Europa League or the Copa Libertadores within the last 12 months and the player has played in 30% or more of the available domestic league minutes 1 point

 

If a player scores 4 points from the above table a panel can award him a WP but thet can also still reject it.  There are further rules where a player/club can appeal further if a player has scored 5 points and/or there are extenuating circumstances why he didn't (eg a long term injury).

 

EDIT

I'll link the site I got that all off as well so anyone interested can read it in full: http://www.danielgeey.com/the-foreigner-debate-the-fas-new-work-permit-regulations-explained/

 

 

Edited by Cougar2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus wept, i never had these dramas last year haha! oh well, so far Olaza will have no chance then sadly :( Romero i can be hopeful for but im not counting on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the most riddiculous is that players need a work permit but coaches no... 

Edited by BAD-RELIGION

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BAD-RELIGION said:

For me the most riddiculous is that players need a work permit but coaches no... 

Not ridiculous at all, since a coach would always get a work permit. Football players just fall into a different category with very specific rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

@Cougar2010: I wonder what the process is if you're the new Messi but happen to be playing for some rubbish nation that's way lower than 50 in FIFA rankings.

 

Is there any way that somebody from South Sudan (FIFA ranking: 167) can get a work permit? Let us suppose that we are talking about a genuinely brilliant player. And I'm talking about both real life and FM2017. I have no idea what would happen in either of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xzar_monty said:

@Cougar2010: I wonder what the process is if you're the new Messi but happen to be playing for some rubbish nation that's way lower than 50 in FIFA rankings.

 

Is there any way that somebody from South Sudan (FIFA ranking: 167) can get a work permit? Let us suppose that we are talking about a genuinely brilliant player. And I'm talking about both real life and FM2017. I have no idea what would happen in either of them.

Well he wouldn't get one automatically from the main criteria which means he would need to qualify via the points criteria.

If he is one of the 22 best paid players at the club he would get a at least a couple of points and another couple if his transfer fee was in the top 75% of fees paid by Premiership clubs in the last two windows which would be enough.

If the club is outside the Premiership I would say no chance unless the player had links to the UK via family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BAD-RELIGION said:

For me the most riddiculous is that players need a work permit but coaches no... 

 

2 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Not ridiculous at all, since a coach would always get a work permit. Football players just fall into a different category with very specific rules. 

There was a version where coaches did need permits (FM06 or thereabouts). I don't recall the criteria (Or if it were visible at all) , but some coaches were refused the permits. Can't remember much fuss ever being kicked up about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to sign a player "Facundo Colidio" who plays for Boca Juniors. We agree terms and stuff but the work permit is rejected.. however it say's the player will be unable to play for United but you can send him on loan to your feeder club(PEC Zwolle in my case) how do i get the option to make this happen as the player isnt actually mine yet? I understand the criteria side of things but how i put in the offer to send the player on loan to gain a permit? Any help will be great thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Zackc100 said:

I'm trying to sign a player "Facundo Colidio" who plays for Boca Juniors. We agree terms and stuff but the work permit is rejected.. however it say's the player will be unable to play for United but you can send him on loan to your feeder club(PEC Zwolle in my case) how do i get the option to make this happen as the player isnt actually mine yet? I understand the criteria side of things but how i put in the offer to send the player on loan to gain a permit? Any help will be great thanks

Once he signs for you, then the option will be available. If you confirm transfer, then wait til he signs, you can then send him to feeder club til he gains wp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just signed a player and it shows that he needs a WP. I have applied, but i can't see anything happening, and when i click the icon 'apply for WP' it doesn't register. Is there  anywhere that this gets highlighted (the process, timeframe etc)? The fact that it wasn't granted initially, does it mean it might be better to cut my losses and sell him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am having a nightmare ATM re work permits I have managed to get Gateshead promoted to league 1 and last season (18/19) signed two 16yr olds from Scotland and put them in my u18s 

i played them a few times they have premier league potential and when they both were old enough I signed them to pro deals but now the game is saying they need a WP no matter how many times I've appealed they are simply not getting them and now they are getting less and less fit I've tried loaning them back to Scottish clubs to keep them fit but nobody is coming in for them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had a really weird one.  I was in 2021 and purchased Marco Asensio from Real Madrid for a decent price and upon appeal he gained his work permit so no problem.  Unfortunately my PC crashed before I saved so I went back to the game today.  This time I tried something out and rather than buy him outright I thought I would try a straight exchange with Isco going the other way because quite frankly Isco has been awful for me.  He has been a nightmare to get rid of as well but that's my fault for giving him too higher wages.  Anyway I digress, to my amazement Isco was happy to go to Madrid so I had a nice player swap sorted.  Asenio didn't get a permit first time around bbut I just waited for the appeal.  I appealed and was gobsmacked as they turned down the appeal.  Same save the only difference being I swapped the players rather than buy Asenio outright.  So absolutely no idea why he got a WP last time but upon reloading failed?!?!?!

Now I don't know what to do, go through with it anyway and loan him out to an affiliate or cancel the transfer and get lumbered with the useless Isco!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sussex Hammer said:

I have had a really weird one.  I was in 2021 and purchased Marco Asensio from Real Madrid for a decent price and upon appeal he gained his work permit so no problem.  Unfortunately my PC crashed before I saved so I went back to the game today.  This time I tried something out and rather than buy him outright I thought I would try a straight exchange with Isco going the other way because quite frankly Isco has been awful for me.  He has been a nightmare to get rid of as well but that's my fault for giving him too higher wages.  Anyway I digress, to my amazement Isco was happy to go to Madrid so I had a nice player swap sorted.  Asenio didn't get a permit first time around bbut I just waited for the appeal.  I appealed and was gobsmacked as they turned down the appeal.  Same save the only difference being I swapped the players rather than buy Asenio outright.  So absolutely no idea why he got a WP last time but upon reloading failed?!?!?!

Now I don't know what to do, go through with it anyway and loan him out to an affiliate or cancel the transfer and get lumbered with the useless Isco!!!

If you swopped him there wasn't a transfer fee which is something he could have gained points for on appeal.

You also possibly negotiated lower wages than before which again may have lost him points on appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sussex Hammer said:

I have had a really weird one.  I was in 2021 and purchased Marco Asensio from Real Madrid for a decent price and upon appeal he gained his work permit so no problem.  Unfortunately my PC crashed before I saved so I went back to the game today.  This time I tried something out and rather than buy him outright I thought I would try a straight exchange with Isco going the other way because quite frankly Isco has been awful for me.  He has been a nightmare to get rid of as well but that's my fault for giving him too higher wages.  Anyway I digress, to my amazement Isco was happy to go to Madrid so I had a nice player swap sorted.  Asenio didn't get a permit first time around bbut I just waited for the appeal.  I appealed and was gobsmacked as they turned down the appeal.  Same save the only difference being I swapped the players rather than buy Asenio outright.  So absolutely no idea why he got a WP last time but upon reloading failed?!?!?!

Now I don't know what to do, go through with it anyway and loan him out to an affiliate or cancel the transfer and get lumbered with the useless Isco!!!

The Transfer fee and wages offered now factor into whether a work permit appeal is successful or not rather than Potential - The exact rules that apply to your game are listed in the rules tab for the league. I'm guessing the game doesn't take into account the value of the exchanged player and so see's it as a free transfer for the work permit rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah thanks gents.  I have loaned him out for 4 months to an affiliate in Holland whilst awaiting if someone had answered this.  So even if I wait 120 days for another appeal how in the meantime, if at all, can I do anything to succeed in a future appeal or do I have a dead duck of a footballer now?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My game got rid of Work Permits so not sure which of the two systems he'd come under, in the rules tab their will be an appeal and renewal section, if you game hasn't changed the rules then an appeal would come down to his wages mainly, whilst a renewal would require him to be playing for his national side.

For the Appeal not sure how the game re-evaluates the player, he needs four points which means you need him to be the in top 25% wage bracket for your side - which you might be able to do by selling high earning players or if he has a wage rise clause wait for it to be activated. The other option is to wait for him to have played enough national team games and offer him a new contract, though if neither option is likely then you'd have to sell him or continue loaning him out.

When signing a player needing a work permit it is always best to check the rules tab of the league as it tells you the exact transfer fee required to get one on appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it gets even more confusing.  I loaned Asensio out to one of my Affiliates VVV (whoever they are?!) in the Juppler League.  I must say that I am playing FMT so not sure if that's different to Full Fat on Work Permits?  Anyway after the 120 period In just applied for a work permit again and it was accepted.  Don't get me wrong I am delighted but he still has only one international cap which he had before and the only difference is that I loaned him out to a lower tier League in Holland for 4 months?!?!?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't play FMT so I don't know if the Work Permit rules are simpler in that version, does it say anything in the Rules Tab? Otherwise you can check in the FMT Forum as it might have come up in their before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like the same rules in the full game - though from that it's possible he got one point from playing for VVV as I'm not sure how the game counts active players for WP rules so if Madrid weren't using him he might not have got that point when you bought him and that presumes he is getting the other three points he needs from his wages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×