Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
FuSS

[FM 17.2.1] • • • MiNiMaL_FuSS - FuSStigate 1.5 || 4-1-2-2-1 • • •

Recommended Posts

hey Fuss! Thanks for the tactic. 

Do you use wingers with inverted feet? 

Edited by k3k389

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sold a lot of players, bought a few players and loaned a few players.

Players don't even know each other that much yet and still managed to do really great.

A lot of opponents goals come from Long Balls behind the defense, i feel like this formation needs really fast DCs to be able to catch them. 

I use my assistant manager for my team talks, trainings, individual training and OIs, I usually like to get an assistant manager with high motivating and tactical knowledge skills.

First Season with 1.3 Control with Look For Overlap,  no transfers

482730_20161206224837_1.png

 

VS

Transfers, Loans, 1.3 Control with no Look for Overlap results.

482730_20161206225004_1.png\\

482730_20161206233619_1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fuss - first of all a great tactic. I am second in the German Bundesliga with Gelsenkirschen (Schalke). I have noticed though that balls played 'over the top' of the defence do give the opposition chances. Fortunately my goalkeeper is usually up to the task and this isn't usually fatal. However, it is a concern that a ball lifted over the top leaves the defence stranded. Also I have tried the standard tactic against better opposition (i.e. Bayern) and was hammered 3-0 at home. I follow your team talk instructions to the letter and as I say overall the tactic is superb. Just a few little niggles or it may be I just need better players lol :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wecantstopwewontstop said:

I sold a lot of players, bought a few players and loaned a few players.

Players don't even know each other that much yet and still managed to do really great.

A lot of opponents goals come from Long Balls behind the defense, i feel like this formation needs really fast DCs to be able to catch them. 

I use my assistant manager for my team talks, trainings, individual training and OIs, I usually like to get an assistant manager with high motivating and tactical knowledge skills.

First Season with 1.3 Control with Look For Overlap,  no transfers

482730_20161206224837_1.png

 

VS

Transfers, Loans, 1.3 Control with no Look for Overlap results.

482730_20161206225004_1.png\\

482730_20161206233619_1.png

 

Really informative post, thank you for the test. I've removed "look for overlap" instruction in the latest version.

 

I'm currently testing "run wide with ball" on the fullbacks if you want to see if that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dokken1212 said:

Hi Fuss - first of all a great tactic. I am second in the German Bundesliga with Gelsenkirschen (Schalke). I have noticed though that balls played 'over the top' of the defence do give the opposition chances. Fortunately my goalkeeper is usually up to the task and this isn't usually fatal. However, it is a concern that a ball lifted over the top leaves the defence stranded. Also I have tried the standard tactic against better opposition (i.e. Bayern) and was hammered 3-0 at home. I follow your team talk instructions to the letter and as I say overall the tactic is superb. Just a few little niggles or it may be I just need better players lol :-)

 

The D-line is set very high, try dropping it by 1 notch for slower defenders. Anticipation is also very handy to make up the difference in speed.

 

Against the big boys I usually standard with the default tactic and see how it's looking after 20 mins or so...then standard or even counter if necessary...aginst a team with a few amazing players (like Bayern) I'd probably use OI's as suggested in the first post to. As always there's no golden bullet, play a bit of a game and make a few minor changes if you're out classed against a much bigger opponent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoying these tactics and thanks for sharing. I have alway liked to have a control, standard and defensive tactic in the 3 slots. In terms of a defensive tactic to close games out with or bring out if being battered I have come up with a 4141 that has TI of exploit the middle, play narrower, tight marking and be more disciplined. PIs are really restricted to ensuring the wingers on a support duty get forward to support the striker. In terms of formation I have GK(d), FBs(d), CDs(d) DM(d), CM(d) ,AP(s), wingers(s) and CF (s). This goes with the two tactics you have provided. 

I guess the question I'm asking is do you do anything to your tactics to close games out when things are tight or you need to be defensive on occasion. Would be interested to know and thanks gain for sharing these tactics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey fuss tanks for your effort. i like the style of play. but is not working  very well for my fiorentina. they just wait me,  than they counter me with long pass and goal every time. i guess because in italy all the squad play more defensive. but a will keep trying. tank's a lot for the tactic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made a few tweaks

Changed 2 things in instructions 

A few player instructions ( Including letting Full Backs run wide with the ball. )

Played 2 games with it so far and not using assistant manager OIs anymore but another opposition instructions from another website.

Familiarity isn't kicked in yet, i will get back here with more results. 

 

Not bad against Arsenal at home since my team's quality is not even close to arsenals. unlucky

5 CLEAR CHANCES!

.482730_20161207104049_1.png482730_20161207104421_1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wecantstopwewontstop said:

Made a few tweaks

Changed 2 things in instructions 

A few player instructions ( Including letting Full Backs run wide with the ball. )

Played 2 games with it so far and not using assistant manager OIs anymore but another opposition instructions from another website.

Familiarity isn't kicked in yet, i will get back here with more results. 

 

Not bad against Arsenal at home since my team's quality is not even close to arsenals. unlucky

5 CLEAR CHANCES!

.482730_20161207104049_1.png482730_20161207104421_1.png

Run wide with ball instruction really seems to have sealed the deal for me. What is the other thing you're trying out of interest??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, loisvale said:

Enjoying these tactics and thanks for sharing. I have alway liked to have a control, standard and defensive tactic in the 3 slots. In terms of a defensive tactic to close games out with or bring out if being battered I have come up with a 4141 that has TI of exploit the middle, play narrower, tight marking and be more disciplined. PIs are really restricted to ensuring the wingers on a support duty get forward to support the striker. In terms of formation I have GK(d), FBs(d), CDs(d) DM(d), CM(d) ,AP(s), wingers(s) and CF (s). This goes with the two tactics you have provided. 

I guess the question I'm asking is do you do anything to your tactics to close games out when things are tight or you need to be defensive on occasion. Would be interested to know and thanks gain for sharing these tactics. 

Glad to hear it!

 

 

52 minutes ago, pescefesso said:

hey fuss tanks for your effort. i like the style of play. but is not working  very well for my fiorentina. they just wait me,  than they counter me with long pass and goal every time. i guess because in italy all the squad play more defensive. but a will keep trying. tank's a lot for the tactic.

Try playing more games in 'standard' to bring them onto you, also use "run wide with ball" on the FBs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End of season 1 using version 1.3. Overall thoughts are it is very good as a whole but is let down by lack of goals compared to total shots taken and too many conceded by long balls over the top (I will be trying to sign faster defenders as dropping the D line didn't work). Most games we are finishing with around 60% possession and 18-25 shots on goal. Unfortunately, a lot of our games we couldn't score, or we finished 1 of the 25 attempts. Lots of draws as a result.

IMG_0126.png

IMG_0127.png

Edited by BuryBlade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been following the instructions in the OP to the letter, but results are average at best. Ridiculous draws and defeats against basement dwellers, throwing away 2-goal leads, players getting injured and sent off all over the place. Disappointing.

I had genuine high hopes for this tactic but as with any other that I try, I don't get anywhere near the results that the creator claims.

Results_zpsbsbvjyu9.jpg

 

I really really tried so hard to stick with it. I followed all the advice and instructions in the OP; aggressively expecting a win, assertively having faith, telling them it wasn't/isn't good enough when it's appropriate and praising training performance as and when appropriate (as well as criticising when appropriate).

Alas... another false dawn. It's frustrating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Fuss,

Would you please share the latest screenshot of team instructions and tactics . I will try to use it on FMT. And would you plese also say if there are any other tweaks 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2016 at 19:31, FuSS said:

So I've decided that I personally don't like "look for overlap", so have a released a slightly adjusted version without it (1.3.1), that's the only change. I've also had a lot of success against bigger teams using STANDARD mentality, so thought I'd upload that too, again that's the only change.

1.3.1 (STANDARD): http://www.mediafire.com/file/7o60n2tjtvcb4cg/FuSStigate_1.3.1_(STANDARD).fmf

1.3.1 (CONTROL): http://www.mediafire.com/file/l1ipvq679qt5tvc/FuSStigate_1.3.1_(CONTROL).fmf

Hi fuss - is the only difference between Standard vs. control the mentality? all other settings is the same?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was using the standard version for my new Villa save but found it hit and miss.

Changed to the Control version,  saw an change in results straight away. 3 wins, 7 goals, nil conceded and my main striker back in the goals with 4 of the 7.

Will continue to use it and see how I get on but all in all, seems very good - thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should of kept my mouth shut, lost to a team while I was playing at home and they were down to 9, sitting in the bottom 3...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About to start as Margate in the National League South with this tactic. Any suggestions in terms of tweaks I might need to make? I've dropped the defense a bit deeper, as I know pacey centre backs are few and far between at that level. Any other suggestions welcome. I'll be back with an update after the first season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This tactic is good mate, thanks for sharing it :) 

I started using it in October of the third season with my Schalke 04 side, turing a disastrous season into a positive one, where I gave some headache to a super strong Bayern side for the title.

I don't think I'll be using it for next season though, as I want to play with an AMC, I just wanted to give my positive feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying the tactic in the Chinese 2nd tier.  All was going well until I tried giving the team a hairdryer after a crap performance.  Morale tanked, and I got a player revolt!

 

Think I'm going to pull up an archive save and try a slightly more kid-glove approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey FuSS, I'm going to give this a go with Hearts in the SPL.

We don't have a complete striker, or anyone who can play anything like that. I'll try it with a Target Man instead and see what effect that has on performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using this in the Chinese second tier. I was getting mediocre results, but I added roam from positions, and I hired an assman with a high tactical rating  and let him do the opponent instructions, and results have been much better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2016 at 17:50, FuSS said:

now on the front page again!

Great, thanks - managed to get Hartlepool out of League 2 via the play-offs with the previous version so looking forward to trying this one in League 1,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2016 at 18:00, acarloscc said:

using it in Sporting CP. i'll post my results in the next few days.

so far, so good. innumerous clean sheets (razor solid in defense) and pretty effective in attack. 100% wins (about 12/13 games).

i know i've great players in Sporting CP, but i think this tactic is really great.

 

curiously... my striker/"9" (Lisandro Lopez or Bas Dost) didn't score a single goal!!! not even one (but lots and lots of assists)! both inside forwards are my goal machines (Gelson Martins and Joel Campbell).

99% of our offensive plays are trough the middle of the pitch, which became a little repetitive/boring. but hey... we're winning all our games! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jamesh2k said:

which version is everyone using?

1.3.3.  The control variant, with roam from positions added.

 

My team performs fairly poorly with the standard version, and I get better results with control, even away to strong teams.

 

Well-timed sideline pep talks are pretty important

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FuSS, after using Fenech's tactic for FM16 with Barcelona (and winning the league multiple times without losing) I tried your tactic for FM17 with Ajax.

My very first game was the CL qualification vs Monaco. I won, away, with 0-6!! Hakim Ziyech and Kasper Dolberg both had their debuts and both scored for me.
After only one match there isn't really much you can say about a tactic already, but the start is very, very promising. I hope this level of play can be sustained through the season.

Edited by Jorgen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jorgen said:

FuSS, after using Fenech's tactic for FM16 with Barcelona (and winning the league multiple times without losing) I tried your tactic for FM17 with Ajax.

My very first game was the CL qualification vs Monaco. I won, away, with 0-6!! Hakim Ziyech and Kasper Dolberg both had their debuts and both scored for me.
After only one match there isn't really much you can say about a tactic already, but the start is very, very promising. I hope this level of play can be sustained through the season.

Which tactic Jorgen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a bash with Man Utd. Started with the 1.3.1 Standard for the preseason, then when the 1.3.3 came out, decided to give that a try. Results so far are as follows:

1.3.1 Standard in pre-season (Assistant Manager managed friendlies, I managed the FIFA Champions League & Community Shield matches)

W @ Sheffield United 4-2
D @ Accrington Stanley 0-0
D @ Union Comercio 2-2 (FIFA Champions League Qualifying Round 3rd Phase, 1st leg)
D v. Bayern Munich 2-2
W v. Union Comercio 3-0 (FIFA Champions League Qualifying Round 3rd Phase, 2nd leg)

W v. Leicester City 2-1 (FA Community Shield)

1.3.3 Standard
L @ Liverpool 2-3 (Fell behind 2-0 at half, went overload out of the box to start the second half and after giving up a 3rd, clawed a pair back)

I did like what I saw offensively after I tore the players a new bunghole in the second half against Liverpool, we just dug ourselves way too much of a hole. Got a pair against Crusaders (NIR) in the FIFA Champions League Qualifying playoffs, so those SHOULD be easy wins even with a more youthful teamsheet. Hopefully this will not become a trend where we fall on our faces when the games actually count, but gonna give it the proper time to let the players become familiar with it.

Edited by Magus978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19-12-2016 at 17:01, christrott79 said:

Which tactic Jorgen?

Standard 1.3.3 version from the opening post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi FuSS.

Thank you for your tactics. By using the latest one I managed to win the double in the danish Superliga with Brøndby in my first season. I have some questions that I hope you can answer:

1. In a club with a limited budget for wages, transfers and scouting I have struggled to find a suitable striker. The ones I have at the club is not familiar with the role as a complete forward. So the question is: have you tried different roles for the striker with succes?

2. I have drawed and also lost a few games to opponents I have dominated in possesion and chances. Some games I have had 5-8 clear cut chances and then end op drawing 0-0, 1-1 and also losing with one goal. Do you have a way to handle the tactic when you play against an opponent that you should clearly beat?

3. Do you have any tips on how to handle training? I use the balanced training in medium and I train each player in the role he plays on the pitch.

Thank you again for your work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kappes2400 said:

Hi FuSS.

Thank you for your tactics. By using the latest one I managed to win the double in the danish Superliga with Brøndby in my first season. I have some questions that I hope you can answer:

1. In a club with a limited budget for wages, transfers and scouting I have struggled to find a suitable striker. The ones I have at the club is not familiar with the role as a complete forward. So the question is: have you tried different roles for the striker with succes?

2. I have drawed and also lost a few games to opponents I have dominated in possesion and chances. Some games I have had 5-8 clear cut chances and then end op drawing 0-0, 1-1 and also losing with one goal. Do you have a way to handle the tactic when you play against an opponent that you should clearly beat?

3. Do you have any tips on how to handle training? I use the balanced training in medium and I train each player in the role he plays on the pitch.

Thank you again for your work!

I to have the same issue. Blackburn, second season struggling to find anyone to back up Danny Graham. Got a West Ham youngster in with right attributes and retraining position. 

How did you get Zach Clough to work so well Fuss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Their familiarity in the role of Complete Forward is basically irrelevant.  If their stats are good for the role compared to the rest of the league, they will tear up, even with red familiarity.

 

2. SI's notion of CCC's is not very good.  Try using pep talks or tactical adjustments to open up the opposition.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

It's been a  busy festive period, but I'm back with an update. I've jumped to V1.5 because there's some pretty significant changes.

The tactic takes a few more risks and is a little more creative, but it's creating more CCCs and players are taking less long shots.

I've not had much time to test it to be honest - so there's a risk all I've really done is adapt it to suit my own team better, but I'm pretty sure it's a positive step forward for any decent team. Because of the more attacking nature, smaller teams might get hit on the counter, we'll have to wait and see!

 

I've upload a control, standard and counter option for the very lazy amongst you - exactly the same each time, except for the mentality.

As ever I mostly use control, and switch down to standard mid match if I'm struggling. 

That said I've not really experimented with counter before and had some astoundingly good results playing whole matches in counter (pure accident!)...so I might look into this for the future.

 

FuSS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And just before anyone suggests my squad is all superstars it's about 90% English and still has a few original Norwich players from the championship!

qYEGkII.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using a very similar tactic. Same formation, narrow but the wingbacks provide width. Inside forwards have shoot less and get further forward as additional instructions. I find that pressing a little more in combination with 'get stuck in' is working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit cheeky Fuss but can you rename one of the tactics please , 2 of them are named Standard and one as Control without the Counter although in your post one is set as it . I tried renaming it but still comes into game as Standard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tactic has its limits, as I have found coaching Gibraltar.  ;)

 

I've tried it in a couple leagues though, and it definitely has me overperforming. I've had to tweak it to match my personnel to get the most out of it (since I'm playing in leagues where I don't get the resources to buy players to fit the tactic.)  Loving it.

 

Getting the most mileage out of the Counter version, but I strongly suspect the Counter setting is a bit OP this year.  Almost all tactics overperform on Counter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am liking this tactic so far, only one problem. Having accidentally sabotaged my career game (long story!) I am stuck with non-league football, where Complete Forwards seem to be a rarity. Any recommendations as to what role to change the lone striker to that would achieve a similar effect? My first game in charge at Lincoln I switched it to an advanced forward, worked well enough but didn't feel he was involved in the game well enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gypsum said:

I am liking this tactic so far, only one problem. Having accidentally sabotaged my career game (long story!) I am stuck with non-league football, where Complete Forwards seem to be a rarity. Any recommendations as to what role to change the lone striker to that would achieve a similar effect? My first game in charge at Lincoln I switched it to an advanced forward, worked well enough but didn't feel he was involved in the game well enough. 

Use complete forward. Even if they show up as red, they'll still perform fine in the role if they have good stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or use a deep lying forward. A false nine or defensive forward or false 9 might also work. Unlike an advanced forward they will move more towards the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...