Rotherham? They'll... oh, who cares.

Bedese

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, hasdgfas said:

Ooh, exciting times at Rotherham!

Very exciting :D I'll post up our transfers soon - there's some big money being spent, although probably only one familiar name coming in...

3 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Bloody hell. West London will be crawling in derbies this season

Good spot! I didn't even notice that. The police are going to be very busy on Saturday afternoons :D 

Transfers:

Outgoings first:

003b90e915224f45af07cd2fc12375f1.png

It was a really hard choice to let Will Keane leave. He scored 14 in 28 goals last year, but we (hopefully) bought in enough new talent to make him disposable. Ethan Hamilton was a good prospect, but never going to get to the standard we're out now. Iemmello, Newell, Mavinga and Lynch were all surplus to requirements, and we've sent out some youngsters on loan to get games under their belt.

Now, the fun part...

83b8385454a5fc8088838507759848e5.png

Stefan Graf isn't worth showing - he's an 18 year old we picked up on a free to bolster the youth teams, but he'll probably never play a game for us.

4d615c2e67937aab58a28d51a11d60cb.png

Bought in for 6.5m, Krause looks very impressive as a defensive minded midfielder. At 19, he may very well be a starter this year.

520d6487713d864b68c3ffd6ac0f8dcd.png

Ferraro cost 1.3m from Cittadella in Italy's second tier, and I'm very happy to have him here. At 19, he'll deputise to Raoul Bellanova (who we managed to bring back on loan for another year) and the red card machine Igjnovski, but he'll get his chance sooner or later.

d09a18af75b982dd0050783d5832e270.png

One for the future, hopefully. Taffertshofer cost us 550k, and the 18 year old will have to be patient in waiting for his chance.

8837f52c8c620fbf32ed9d51b6c0909e.png

A second 19 year old defensive midfielder. Berndt is slightly less impressive than Krause, but he's got the skillset to go a long way in this game.

cf501917645ae64192d7322427c23882.png

2.7m for 18 year old Ivan Calvo represents money well spent, in my mind. He's a Jack of all trades, master of none right now, but he'll possibly be our starter as a BBM midfielder. Very excited about him.

055b8ffc6b3389f70282f2740a0953e0.png

The big, big money striker. Spending £17.5m on an 18 year old with just one goal in senior football isn't exactly 'value for money', but I couldn't help myself. He looks special.

a6959ccc7e8a346c1ac52a7a471af6ad.png

The first signing we made who's older than 19 years old, Caulker comes in to solidify our backline and instantly becomes our best defender. Delighted to have him here.

5aad90635015b28b7582486ee8369aa1.png

Eldin Jakupovic retired, so we needed a backup keeper. After a lengthy search we decided on Sokol. He's not going to get gametime ahead of Nunez, but he's just 21, was cheap, is on low wages and has room to develop.

Now, here's one who's not a new signing, but will be making his debut for the club this year...

76531ecd068da23fa626ceb867d433c2.png

It's finally happened! After being here for 2 and a half years, Gonzalez finally is eligible to play in England after gaining Spanish citizenship just before Brexit hit. I'm delighted to have him on board. We originally paid 400k to sign him away from Argentina, but after hitting 48 goals on loan in the Spanish second division at Numantia and Granada in the last two years, I'm very confident we're going to make big money off of him.

We do now have a striker dilemma, though - we're probably sticking with the 4-3-3, which means only one striker on the teamsheet. That means Buso, Gonzalez and Moscatelli are all going to be fighting it out for the one shirt. Nothing like healthy competition :D 

Here's our ages in the squad for the first game of the season:

33 - 29 - 26 - 30

19 - 20 - 18

26         -          24

Even with the oldies at FB, that's an average age of 24.36 in our starting lineup. If you include the bench:

21, 22, 20, 19, 21, 29, 18

Then the squad's average age is 23.2. 

We might be a bit too young and inexperienced. We might have sold too many senior players and replaced them with ones for the future. I guess we'll find out.

So...

I was rewatching the Forest vs Rotherham highlights (mostly their's, if you were wondering), and when I tried to alt-tab back into FM, it crashed. Normally, it wouldn't matter, because I usually have a fortnightly autosave on - but when I was doing tests on Youth Recruitment, I turned the autosave down to yearly, and forgot to put it back to fortnightly. We've gone back to May.

That's before any transfers have happened. Before any of the scouting has happened. Brexit hasn't hit yet. Basically, we've lost a lot. And, right now, I have zero motivation or energy to go back and replay four months in game. So, for now, I'm stopping the save. I'm not saying it won't ever come back, but I just can't face having to drag through four months just to get back to where we were before.

I'm disappointed, but I do have a new save in mind that will be going up soon. It's time to return to my second home...

17 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

So...

I was rewatching the Forest vs Rotherham highlights (mostly their's, if you were wondering), and when I tried to alt-tab back into FM, it crashed. Normally, it wouldn't matter, because I usually have a fortnightly autosave on - but when I was doing tests on Youth Recruitment, I turned the autosave down to yearly, and forgot to put it back to fortnightly. We've gone back to May.

That's before any transfers have happened. Before any of the scouting has happened. Brexit hasn't hit yet. Basically, we've lost a lot. And, right now, I have zero motivation or energy to go back and replay four months in game. So, for now, I'm stopping the save. I'm not saying it won't ever come back, but I just can't face having to drag through four months just to get back to where we were before.

I'm disappointed, but I do have a new save in mind that will be going up soon. It's time to return to my second home...

Oh nooooooooooo :(

That's always the worst. I've been there though. It's hard to find the motivation to redo a bunch of stuff you've done already.

Sad. I was enjoying your history...

Best of luck on this save, or any other... But just to try cheer you a little bit, the Brexit outcome does not change, it's set when you start the game. (at least, that's what people say)

Cheers,
Bitner 

Archived