CB with Potential?

avillafan.com

I am looking for a centre-back who I can pick up with Aston Villa in the first season. I am on the verge of cashing in on Tommy Elphick for around £6m. I play both Chester and De Laet at the moment - hence the reason for selling Elphick.

Ideally, I want somebody who can grow with the club if and when I get promoted.

Money isn't a massive issue as I haven't spent too much and the chairman has also recently injected more cash.

Budget: £21m

Wages: 196k

According to FFP I can spend around £9m of that although I didn't think a club that had just been relegated could be fined under FFP rules?

I have looked at Wolves CB Iorfa who is a potential 4 star (possibly 5) but they want around £16m for him which I do think is a lot for an unproven talent.

young affordable English talent - Jack Stephens from Southampton will set you back 800k-1.2m and is really solid. I signed him in my Villa Beta to cover Chester whilst injured, but he become my leading CB.

Iorfa and Hause at Wolves were fantastic for me [in FM16], but failed when I got promoted. I certainly wouldn't fork out 16m on Iorfa. That said, Hause DLC & Iorfa DRC both can cover full backs... kind of players I like on the bench, or as starters to cover red cards and flexible tactic changes.

On 18/11/2016 at 12:44, westy8chimp said:

young affordable English talent - Jack Stephens from Southampton will set you back 800k-1.2m and is really solid. I signed him in my Villa Beta to cover Chester whilst injured, but he become my leading CB.

Iorfa and Hause at Wolves were fantastic for me [in FM16], but failed when I got promoted. I certainly wouldn't fork out 16m on Iorfa. That said, Hause DLC & Iorfa DRC both can cover full backs... kind of players I like on the bench, or as starters to cover red cards and flexible tactic changes.

Iorfa was great for me as a RB (WB role) or as the right-sided CB in a back three on FM16! That being said I wouldn´t spent 16 million on him either, I think I picked up him for more like 7 million, which I think is reasonable. 

On 11/21/2016 at 13:01, westy8chimp said:

i couldn't sign him with Man Utd ... definitely won't be able to sign him for Villa! that's like saying "try John Stones or Marquinhos"

Really? Got him with Celta, he was transfer listed by request. Maybe depnds on your save then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2016 at 16:51, avillafan.com said:

I am looking for a centre-back who I can pick up with Aston Villa in the first season. I am on the verge of cashing in on Tommy Elphick for around £6m. I play both Chester and De Laet at the moment - hence the reason for selling Elphick.

Ideally, I want somebody who can grow with the club if and when I get promoted.

Money isn't a massive issue as I haven't spent too much and the chairman has also recently injected more cash.

Budget: £21m

Wages: 196k

According to FFP I can spend around £9m of that although I didn't think a club that had just been relegated could be fined under FFP rules?

I have looked at Wolves CB Iorfa who is a potential 4 star (possibly 5) but they want around £16m for him which I do think is a lot for an unproven talent.

I have a villa save atm and have kept Elphick for 3 seasons and he does a job even in the premier league, got rid of chester and de laet. when i started i bought Holgate from everton and hes come on leaps and bounds as a ball playing centre back. i bought Iorfa too but hes more effective as a right back and has good height (6foot i think). 

On 11/21/2016 at 15:21, KF1990 said:

Dayot Upamecano - Great youngster to pick up. Could do a good job in championship at his young age already.

I've been keeping an eye on this guy in my Man City save. I love his attributes but it worries me slightly that several scouts (all with 20 JPA) have said he's "only" 3,5* PA... 

Does he have enough development in him to become a regular at a top club? Maybe I should just sign him and see, its not like I'm short on money... The board gave me £240m transfer budget for season 2 :p 

22 hours ago, the--dud said:

I've been keeping an eye on this guy in my Man City save. I love his attributes but it worries me slightly that several scouts (all with 20 JPA) have said he's "only" 3,5* PA... 

Does he have enough development in him to become a regular at a top club? Maybe I should just sign him and see, its not like I'm short on money... The board gave me £240m transfer budget for season 2 :p 

Don't mind the scouts just buy him asap to develop him. The guy is a total god.

Somebody who is surprisingly top notch (surprising cos while his stats are great they don't give you an inkling at how great he is/gets) is Orban from RBL.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived