Sports Interactive Community

2 hours ago, jimmy121 said:

this tactic was the best there was before the update was Liverpool ,the goal keeper and defenders are the worst need to try other things

Tbh I haven't noticed any negative effect from the me update. would be interested to know which players you have and in what way are they worse.

I actually think the tactic is still working well. My team are favorites to be relegated but im in the top half of the league.

2 hours ago, kenek086 said:

will use this in my dafuge challenge will post result after 1 season

Thanks will look forward to seeing your results

I am still using the tactic, drawing near the end of my first season with Milan, i'm in second place behind Juve i mean Dybala! , i started tinkering with the tactic, i changed the formation to 4-2-3-1 wide with verylittle changes(or no changes i cant remember lol maybe just offside trap), success continues because the core team instructions are spot on, Carlos Bacca leading the scoring charts with 30 goals, and i got like 8 games to go, hes gonna break higuains record last season. Also i mainly used Luis Adriano next to him, and he is leading the assist charts with 11 iirc, gonna post some screenshots after work, :applause:

Thats me finished another season as Airdrie manager finishing an incredible 3rd place in the Scottish Premiership in my first season with a fairly average team. I tinkered around with formation for the last game of the season moving the CM(a) up to AM position. I won 2-1 away to St Johnstone. My concern is im conceding at lot, with a hell of a lot of draws, but I am still happy guiding my team to this incredible finish in the league.

So, i may tinker a bit more for the new season, also I intend to bring in better quality player to shore up my defence and more consistent strikers.

Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership_ Overview Profile-2.png

Airdrieonians_ Players Players-2.png

Airdrieonians_  Overview.png

3 hours ago, parsdaft1982 said:

Thats me finished another season as Airdrie manager finishing an incredible 3rd place in the Scottish Premiership in my first season with a fairly average team. I tinkered around with formation for the last game of the season moving the CM(a) up to AM position. I won 2-1 away to St Johnstone. My concern is im conceding at lot, with a hell of a lot of draws, but I am still happy guiding my team to this incredible finish in the league.

So, i may tinker a bit more for the new season, also I intend to bring in better quality player to shore up my defence and more consistent strikers.

Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership_ Overview Profile-2.png

Airdrieonians_ Players Players-2.png

Airdrieonians_  Overview.png

Nice result. Maybe some better quality players will help shore up your defence for that level.

I am still using 41212 in my online save with friends although my am is support not attack like yours. Team instructions are the same as original as I wanted to see how flexible it could be to accommodate different players. I am arsenal so I have Ozil in the am slot.

Tbh think it still works really well and is a different option if you have the players. fiddled with the Ois you linked but decided to go back to none as like you they seemed to make the tactic less consistent.

I am also looking at the fb position to see if I can use them more in the 41212 as there is space to use but a bit short on time atm to test properly. Once Christmas is out of the way I will see if I can improve that position.

58 minutes ago, shep171 said:

Nice result. Maybe some better quality players will help shore up your defence for that level.

I am still using 41212 in my online save with friends although my am is support not attack like yours. Team instructions are the same as original as I wanted to see how flexible it could be to accommodate different players. I am arsenal so I have Ozil in the am slot.

Tbh think it still works really well and is a different option if you have the players. fiddled with the Ois you linked but decided to go back to none as like you they seemed to make the tactic less consistent.

I am also looking at the fb position to see if I can use them more in the 41212 as there is space to use but a bit short on time atm to test properly. Once Christmas is out of the way I will see if I can improve that position.

No problem mate. What PI's do you use for the AM position? Im thinking of changing it to support and see how that goes too. I was thinking about the FB position too and Im thinking of using WB's for that formation and keeping FB for the original. On the plus note, I now have 3 versions to chop and change between now. I did try a 4312 but was a total disaster. Now to try convince good players to come to lowly Airdrie!

Edited by parsdaft1982

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 14:50, kenek086 said:

will use this in my dafuge challenge will post result after 1 season

I am now also signed up to the Dafuge challenge with the not so mighty Buxton. Lets see how far Little wonder can take me.

Well, my plans changed after my last post. I decided I just can't be bothered with all the faff in full FM so I went back to FMT. In search of a new challenge (and in light of the healthy thread in Good Teams forum), I decided to give Sheffield United a try.

Little Wonder is doing the business down here in League 1. After 16 games played, the Blades sit top of the table, two points clear, with 11 wins, 4 draws and a single loss. Did well in the EFL, too, beating Championship Ipswich away, before we drew Arsenal at the Emirates - that was the end of that!

Media prediction and board expectation is a fourth place/playoff spot; my goal is to win the league - or, at least, automatic promotion. We shall see!

Of course, since we've established ourselves as the front-runners, everyone who comes to our place simply parks the proverbial, and three of my four draws have come at home. If anyone has any tips for adapting Little Wonder to penetrate that defensive wall, I'm all ears. I've tried dropping deeper, playing wider, switching between shorter and more direct passing. Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't, but if you have something that works for you I'd love to hear about it.

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 15:28, parsdaft1982 said:

No problem mate. What PI's do you use for the AM position? Im thinking of changing it to support and see how that goes too. I was thinking about the FB position too and Im thinking of using WB's for that formation and keeping FB for the original. On the plus note, I now have 3 versions to chop and change between now. I did try a 4312 but was a total disaster. Now to try convince good players to come to lowly Airdrie!

AMC Support PIs.pngThat's the PI's I am currently using in my 41212. More or less the same as the CMA except closing down is much less. As for the FBs I want to look at switching to FBa , Wbs , Wba , CWBs and CWBa. All to see which offers the best option in the 41212.

20 hours ago, warlock said:

Well, my plans changed after my last post. I decided I just can't be bothered with all the faff in full FM so I went back to FMT. In search of a new challenge (and in light of the healthy thread in Good Teams forum), I decided to give Sheffield United a try.

Little Wonder is doing the business down here in League 1. After 16 games played, the Blades sit top of the table, two points clear, with 11 wins, 4 draws and a single loss. Did well in the EFL, too, beating Championship Ipswich away, before we drew Arsenal at the Emirates - that was the end of that!

Media prediction and board expectation is a fourth place/playoff spot; my goal is to win the league - or, at least, automatic promotion. We shall see!

Of course, since we've established ourselves as the front-runners, everyone who comes to our place simply parks the proverbial, and three of my four draws have come at home. If anyone has any tips for adapting Little Wonder to penetrate that defensive wall, I'm all ears. I've tried dropping deeper, playing wider, switching between shorter and more direct passing. Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't, but if you have something that works for you I'd love to hear about it.

Tbh I don't really change much if at all. Sometimes I drop the D-line a notch if they are playing balls over the top other than that I just try and gee up the players from the side lines by demanding more from them.

On 2016-12-20 at 19:34, shep171 said:

I am now also signed up to the Dafuge challenge with the not so mighty Buxton. Lets see how far Little wonder can take me.

how does it work for u??

Bloody disaster, ALL 4 of my strikers are out for a minimum of 2 weeks! I only have 1 youth striker too! thankfully The transfer window is open for 1 more day!

Airdrieonians_ Players Players.png

I've restarted my Villa save with a twist and decided to give this tactic a whirl. The twist being I am allowing DoF complete control over all transfers. It seems to be the way in this day and age when a young manager takes over a club. It seems owners are reluctant to allow them free reign so have a realistic feel to it. I've never done this before so I'm interested to see who he brings in. I've scheduled 8 friendlies so I'll keep you updated as the season progresses. 

Pre season went according to plan. Had a couple of testing fixtures but the team is shaping up nicely.

2016-12-23_zpsj7mymtl0.png

I have to say I've been impressed so far with the transfers my DoF has made. Persuading Celtic to P/Ex Cissokho for Eughan O'Connell is a great piece of business! Cros will be cover for Jedinak and Tunicliffe will likely be in the starting XI.

2016-12-23%201_zpsjpyaewbk.png

Managed to play the opening fixture before I turned it off -  Beat Sheff Wed 2-1 away. Completely dominated the game to be honest and could easily have been 4 or 5. I've decided to retrain Grealish to a MC and I've got him sitting in the middle of the 3 with Andre Green doing  the same in training to provide back up. Jedinak is a beast sitting in-front of the back 4, but at 32 I'll have to use him wisely. 

Edited by heartandgroin

3 hours ago, pescefesso said:

Is this tactic still effective? Any new tweak? Tanks a lot

Still working for me with the slight tweaks mentioned above!