Sports Interactive Community
the--dud

[FM17] Rosenborg BK: Young legends with impressive moustaches and leather vests!

XY6jCjf.jpg

Rosenborg Ballklubb - 2018/2019

Squad/Tactics | Youth Squad | Season Preview | Board Expectations

Say hello to Mr. Anon Manager which was hired as Rosenborg BK manager at the start of the  2016/2017 season! (I wasn't planning on making this post so I used my real name and details as the manager. For this thread I will refer to the manager as "Anon Manager" instead as I don't want to use my real name.)

The reason for picking Rosenborg is two-fold; 1) it's my local team 2) I wanted an "easy but still interesting" team, to ease me back into FM which I haven't played since FM14. 

For those unaware, Rosenborg BK is the most dominant force in Norwegian football. From roughly 1985 to 2000 they absolutely dominated all of Norwegian football. In the last 10-15 years they have been struggling but now for the past two seasons they are (maybe) back to their old dominant ways. Shockingly however, this manager who's finally returned RBK back to their old ways was unceremoniously sacked and replaced by me!

The first two years were quite successful but ultimately not that interesting so for this thread I've "skipped forward" to the third season when things are really starting to take shape. I'll make a separate post (coming soon!) which summarize the first two seasons.

Long-term Goals:

• I've promised the board to play attacking attractive football, to rely heavily on young players and to develop our own players through the academy.
  • Long-term I wish to win the Champions League. Additionally to raise the rating of Rosenborg BK - as well as Norway and the Norwegian Tippeliga.

Over the past couple of seasons I've worked with the board and took every opportunity to cajole them into upgrading our facilities - especially things related to youth development! We now have fantastic facilities (at the start of season 3 the board agreed to upgrade youth facilities even further but it's not completed yet)! I won't push the board to increase the stadium as Trondheim is a small city and I intend to balance the books by playing Champions League and selling players.

I'm playing primarily to have fun so I'm not going to restrict myself to signing only Norwegian players or using only academy players. I will however try to sign mainly young players though occasionally I might sign experienced players. I will not min-max or exploit the game as I don't find it fun. I'm a bit of a role-player at heart so I want my manager to be a reasonable and respected guy. I'll give talented players their "big break" when truly special clubs come knocking - if the price is right. 

Season 3 Goals:

• At the start of season 3 the board is expecting us to win the league (as always).
  • I also want to get out of the group stages of the Champions League and win the Norwegian Cup.

At this point my team is so far superior to any other Norwegian team that I would not accept anything but winning the league. Molde BK has made some great signings this season but they have nowhere near my depth. 

Highlighted Players:

John Hou Sæter (19yo, MC): I love this guy. Such incredibly well-rounded stats! He can play just about every role possible in the MC position. He still has one full star of potential left so I hope to get a couple more stats to 16 or maybe even 17. 18 Determination too!

Abel Casquete (20yo, AMC): The only real downside to Abel is his low Natural Fitness but apart from that he ticks all the boxes. He's "only" a 3,5* CA but he has 5* PA so I really do have the highest of hopes for him. I just hope I can keep him at the club for as long as possible! I think the big European clubs will come for this guy in 1-2 years...

Marius Lundemo (23yo MC/AMC): The captain of my team is simply a rock-solid and dependable midfielder. He's getting very close to fulfilling his 4* PA as well which is a credit to my scouts yet again. This guy is such a classic all-round midfielder but I would be extremely pleased if he could push one or two more stats to 16!

Top Prospects:

Jorge Almirón (18yo, AMR): I have some real faith in this Brazilian regen I signed. He's got a couple of 14s in key stats plus 16 Acceleration and Aggression. Pace and Stamina is also great. He does have some real weak stats but at 5* PA I have faith he will fill out his stats quickly...

Erling Håland (17yo, ST): I won't go as far as saying this guy will become better than Messi but I suspect he might beat out Carew, Solskjær and Flo as the greatest Norwegian striker of all time.  His Mental stats are absurdly good for his age! I would love if he could get some more acc/pace, passing, technique and positioning. Next season I will play him in the senior squad but this season he will get one more year loaned out.

Transfers (In - Out):

Nicolai Næss (25yo, DC): I quickly (get it?) realized that acc/pace was an issue for my entire squad but especially for my defence. Næss should help the situation; he's a relatively quick and well rounded ball-playing defender which slots right into my attacking style of play. Important too is that fact that he counts as home-grown. The Norwegian league required SIXTEEN out of 25 registered players to be home-grown (in country) which can be frustrating at times.

Everton (23 yo DR): No, I didn't sign the entire Everton team but rather a regen in Brazil called Everton!  He has 3* CA and 3,5* PA but I really like his well-rounded physicals (hopefully Stamina will improve a little) as well as other important stats being high. Maybe I overpaid a little but I had no real promising DR in my youth system and my main squad was real weak in that position.

Raffaele Di Gennaro (24yo, GK): My scouts were loving this guy as soon as they laid their eyes on him and I can see why! At £625K with 3,5* CA and 4* PA, I pulled the trigger because my current first choice GK is getting a little bit old and he's only a 3* CA/PA. His first touch and passing worries me slightly but I love his all-round great stats plus his 17 Determination.

Nothing too exciting happening with transfers out - which is a good thing because many clubs were desperate to sign both Lundemo and Hou Sæter. I want to keep both these guys at least one more season. I did let my 27yo DL Skjelvik go (his main draw was 17 acc and pace). I also let Williams (young Welsh DR) go because he hadn't developed quiet how I would have liked. Lastly I sold my 31yo backup GK to make way for Di Gennaro. 

Edited by the--dud

Rosenborg Ballklubb - Season 2016/2017 Review

Transfers:

Z8a2hV6.jpg

Jonas Svensson and Helland proved quite impossible to keep. They wanted to leave and that was that. Lundemo and Håland has proved to be inspired signings. Aja and Tønnesen are very good too.

Final League Table:

voEPFJ7.jpg

My first season in charge wasn't the greatest to be honest. Lots of experimentation with tactics, unsettled players, gelling of new players, the usual stuff really. I did manage to win the league, barely!

Tippeligaen Results

Europa/Champions League Table & Results:

Xseg8mP.jpg

qLf5agG.jpg

This actually took me a while to figure out, it confused me greatly; because the Norwegian season starts at a different date from "normal" leagues you end up having two different European runs per season. At the start of a season you finish up the European play that you qualified for the season before. Then towards the end you finish your group stages. (Then if you qualify from the group you finish it the next season - you get the idea hopefully!)

Norwegian Cup Results:

MwOrUTA.jpg

Shock exit in the quarter finals - not good at all!

Edited by the--dud

Rosenborg Ballklubb - Season 2017/2018 Review

Transfers:

4MAg1Xc.jpg

That year was real tough on the transfer market. Both Midtsjø and Mike Jensen kicked up an absolute fuzz about joining Celtic! They cried and cried until I finally caved and let them both leave... I bought 3 attacking midfielders which have all proved to be excellent: Casquete, Rafik Zekhnini (nicknamed Zekki) and Moberg-Karlsson. Vajebah Sakor is also a very exciting player - plus his name sounds like he could be a character in Star Wars! :D 

Final League Table:

6xWvnbO.jpg

Second season was quite amazing, we're very safe domestically now. I doubt any team will ever be able to catch us! We only drew 5 games and lost 3. Molde in 2nd place drew 6 and lost 7. Gytkjær also scored 35 goals! Another thing to note is FK Jerv which in 2013 played in the 4th level division! The AI has literally had "an FM career" with them!

Tippeligaen Results

Europa/Champions League Table & Results:

WsPRytX.jpg

rBoBasP.jpg

Remember now: the first Europa League fixtures are played because I placed 3rd in my Champions League group the season before! Afterwards I shocked everyone - including myself! We qualified from that nightmare group!

Norwegian Cup Results:

n55wexf.jpg

As a real life Rosenborg fan it was truly agonizing to lose the Norwegian cup final to Vålerenga of all teams! Not only that but Kjetil Rekdal (horrible person!) was their manager and he played a defensive "anti-football" formation with 5 at the back! :( 

Edited by the--dud

Nice! I miss the Rosenborg glory days of Carew, Bergdølmo, Storvik, Knutson, and ROAR Strand. In fact, I miss the days when Scandinavia was awash with amazing talent on CM/FM...

Your sodding team keep trying to nick all my good bloomin players! I hope your best striker breaks his leg, you get relegated and then sacked! :lol:

On a more serious note, (despite the fact that I hate Rosenborg in my Iceland save), I wish you all the best and will be following. :thup:

Do you plan on going Youth Only? or just mainly Youth with a smattering of signings?

9 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Your sodding team keep trying to nick all my good bloomin players! I hope your best striker breaks his leg, you get relegated and then sacked! :lol:

On a more serious note, (despite the fact that I hate Rosenborg in my Iceland save), I wish you all the best and will be following. :thup:

Do you plan on going Youth Only? or just mainly Youth with a smattering of signings?

Rosenborg and Copenhagen are the richest Scandinavian clubs by far so that's only natural! :p 

I extended the main post now so it talks a bit more about what I plan. I don't want to do Youth Only but I will focus very heavily on youth.

Saeter is a beast, I remember him from FM16... It will be really hard for you to keep him, he is usually sold within the first season.

2 hours ago, beardymouse said:

Nice! I miss the Rosenborg glory days of Carew, Bergdølmo, Storvik, Knutson, and ROAR Strand. In fact, I miss the days when Scandinavia was awash with amazing talent on CM/FM...

Tell me about it! I think the researchers are doing a much better job overall now. Though there is one player in the current squad which I think has been given way better stats than he deserve: Christian Gytkjær! He's no Messi (obviously) but he's been given 15 and 14 in all the key striker stats, as well as a good sprinkling of 13s which means he's actually incredibly effective. I imagine he'd destroy the English championship and he'd probably do decently for a mid to low level EPL club too... 

4 minutes ago, Shevchenko said:

Saeter is a beast, I remember him from FM16... It will be really hard for you to keep him, he is usually sold within the first season.

Yeah Sæter is just blowing my mind! All his stats are so even and his key stats are brilliant. He still has a full star left of potential! :D I hope to keep him; he's determined (not ambitious!), Rosenborg is one of his favored clubs and his long-term plans are to win the Tippeliga title and he wants to be captain one day.

7 minutes ago, the--dud said:

Yeah Sæter is just blowing my mind! All his stats are so even and his key stats are brilliant. He still has a full star left of potential! :D I hope to keep him; he's determined (not ambitious!), Rosenborg is one of his favored clubs and his long-term plans are to win the Tippeliga title and he wants to be captain one day.

Well I can tell you that the board made the decision to sell him when a solid bid came in, so... Better set his transfer value for no less than 50 mil with rejecting smaller bids now before it's too late. Hopefully it helps keep him. Saeter was a brilliant Roaming playmaker for me when I tested some tactics on the previous FM.

59 minutes ago, Shevchenko said:

Well I can tell you that the board made the decision to sell him when a solid bid came in, so... Better set his transfer value for no less than 50 mil with rejecting smaller bids now before it's too late. Hopefully it helps keep him. Saeter was a brilliant Roaming playmaker for me when I tested some tactics on the previous FM.

Good tip - I'll set 50m value on Sæter, Casquete and Lundemo right now! Though as I said in the opening post: I want to "role-play" as a respectable manager so I will give them their "big break" if it comes ;) 

Champions League 1st Knockout Round!

dABmBIa.jpg

For the first time in their history Rosenborg BK had reached the knockout stages of the Champions League - sadly it was a short affair but we did put up a good fight. Juventus proved a little too good for us.

Rosenborg - Juventus (Match Report): 0 - 0

I set us up very defensively, honestly I was scared of The Old Lady! (and Higuaín!) :D To my surprise though they got very little from the match, it ended in a respectable 0 - 0 draw but I do wonder what could have happened if I dared to take more of a chance at home. Gytkjær even missed a penalty in the 75th minute! :( 

Juventus - Rosenborg (Match Report): 1 - 0 

Again I set up very defensively as now I was even more scared playing away... We manged to hold on until the 33rd minute when Higuaín scored, sadly. Despite me taking progressively more risks tactically as the game went on - no more goals were to be had and so ended our dream for this year!

Tippeligaen 2018/2019 kicks off!

I wont make a post for every single game but I thought it could be interesting with a post as the league kicks off.

Tromsø IL - Rosenborg BK (Match Report): 2 - 3

Tromsø IL is traditionally one of the better teams in Norway but this season they bounced back from being relegated so I was hoping for a big win. Sadly we were less than impressive. Tactically we had the match under control I felt but they still managed to score two goals. Early days, lots of time to improve!

Squad Overview - Start of 2018/2019 Season

Raffaele Di Gennaro (GK, 24yo, Italy): Bought in the transfer window I'm throwing this young man straight into the first team. I really like the look of him however I wish his passing was higher and his throwing could be better as well. I might instruct him to specifically roll out the ball and take less risky passes.

Hólmar Örn Eyjólfsson (DC, 27yo, Iceland): A reliable center-back whose technically limited but has good mental and decent physicals. (ignore the red arrows, he was injured I believe)

Nicolai Næss (DC, 25yo, Norway): My scouts found this amazing player in the MLS (no idea what he was doing there - he's neither old nor crap!). Happily he's now playing for a real football team ;) He's got nearly all his important stats at 13/14/15 and looks like a fantastic Ball Playing Defender IMO.

Alex Gerbach (DL, 20yo, Australia): For 2 years I never understood why my coaches were going nuts about this guy so I kept sending him on loans. Now suddenly I see what the fuzz was about! :D He's such a well-rounded player with amazing physicals! Still a full star left of potential also.

Kristoffer Tønnesen (DL, 20yo, Norway): If this guy had better acceleration and pace he would be an instant starter but now he's on rotation... It's frustrating how close he is to being fantastic. Hopefully he develops nicely!

Everton (DR, 22yo, Brazil): Pretty good physicals and mental stats, with nice key technical stats. Signed very recently so I'm hopefully he'll be a force in the league!

John Hou Sæter (MC, 20yo, Norway): So far he's the "crown jewel" of my youth policy! A fantastic player who can still improve a good bit.

Marius Lundemo (MC/AMC, 23yo, Norway): Captain of the team aged 23, an absolutely amazing player. Very consistent and versatile. Great well-rounded stats with a Resolute personality.

Rafik "Zekki" Zekhini (AML, 20yo, Norway): Your typical "speed merchant" winger. 17 flair helps incredibly on this level too. He's performed very well for me.

Abel Casquete (AMC, 20yo, Ecuador): His development since joining has been incredible. Amazing technical and physical stats with great mental in the areas which are important. Will still improve by a good bit!

Yann-Erik De Lanlay (AML, 25yo, Norway): This guy is a goal-scoring winger, bangs them in for fun. Fantastic player for this level. 

Christian Gytkjær (ST, 27yo, Denmark): A legend in my team, he scores 30+ goals per season! His stats aren't mind-blowing but he has 15/14s where it counts: Finishing, Anticipation, Composure, Off The Ball and Balance. (Ignore the red arrows, he's been injured)

André Hansen (GK, 28yo, Norway): 28 years old is no age for a goal keeper but I'm putting him back to 2nd goalie now. I'll have to give him enough game not to leave! He's a well rounded reliable keeper no doubt.

Andrew "Aja" Ajayi (DCR, 24yo, Nigeria): He's not developed as much as I would have liked but he's very strong and tall. A good "no nonsense" center-back who's fantastic in the air!

Per Magnus Steiring (DC, 21yo, Norway): For the last two seasons I've loaned him out, I wasn't entirely convinced by his stats. Now however I can absolutely see why my coaches were shouting about him! He's developed nicely now and has 15 in most key stats. He's still only 2* CA out of 4* PA so there's room to improve! Will make an effort to give him playing time on the first team this season.

Jonah Stenersen (DC, 18yo, Norway): For an 18 year old I think this guy has absolutely incredible stats. He's still only at 2* CA out of 5* PA! :D 18 Aggression and Bravery and already 4 key stats at 15! I think he could be a world-leading center-back one day...

Vajebah Sakor (MC, 21yo, Norway): For now he's on rotation but I have high hopes for him. Maybe one day he can rival Hou Sæter? Hopefully!

David Moberg-Karlsson (AMR, 24yo, Sweden): The man with possibly the most Swedish name ever is a useful little speed-merchant/dribbler. I do wish either his crossing or finishing were higher but he's still very useful as a squad member...

Mikael Norø Ingebrigtsen (AMRL ST, 21yo, Norway): An effective winger with good flair and fairly quick. Still a full star left in his PA.

Elba Rashani (AML, 24yo, Kosovo/Norway): This guy isn't my first choice winger but he's pretty good so I tend to rotate him. He's got a good number of 14s and 13s, and 15 in Dribbling 16 in Flair. Decent player for sure but only 3*.

Queensy "Queensy" Menig (ST, 22yo, Netherlands): When I picked him up I honestly thought he would develop much better stats since he has 4* PA but alas. He does however bang in plenty of goals, just don't ask me how!

Edited by the--dud

Tippeligaen Round 10 Status Update

WjWYGzb.jpg

Things have been going well but not as superbly as I had maybe hoped. After our win against Tromsø we suffered a very frustrating defeat to Strømsgodset (a team we should easily beat!) - I was not a very happy manager.

After that game we went on a very nice five-game win streak. I felt we were playing well though in out cup game against Kristiansund we had to go to extra time to decide, which was terrible in all honestly as I was expecting to trash them 8 or 10 to nil. 

Then once more we had two really bad games in a row; a loss to rival Brann, then a draw with Stabæk. Ever since the game against Kristiansund I've been tinkering with player roles and mentalities.

One big change I made was putting Casquete (AMC) on trequartista role instead of attacking playmaker. What I realized is that the attacking playmaker has quite restrictive instructions. The trequartista is much more free to move around and play a natural game which suits Casquete much better!

So all that being said and done we had a very convincing game against Molde, I thought we looked great all game especially on the tactical side. We controlled the game while playing attacking football with great movement.

CKPEe2p.jpg

We're in 1st which is good but I'm not very happy with 5W 1D 2L. Hopefully we're just having some early-season rust and gelling of new players, I'm really banking on the team to start steaming ahead now. We're already  almost 1/3rd way through the season and I certainly want to be much more convincing that this!

I notice this post isn't really getting much attention :( I'm still playing however so maybe I'll post an update soon... Maybe it's not very interesting hearing about some random dude playing a dominant team in a tiny European country :p 

Edited by the--dud

Keep the updates coming mate, I prefer reading about people managing clubs like this.  My first FM17 save was with Hammarby and my next one is going to be with BK Hacken

My topic ain't getting much attention, but I keep on posting just coz I like to finish off what I've started. So keep'em comin' )

17 hours ago, Shevchenko said:

My topic ain't getting much attention, but I keep on posting just coz I like to finish off what I've started. So keep'em comin' )

18 hours ago, Nozzer said:

Keep the updates coming mate, I prefer reading about people managing clubs like this.  My first FM17 save was with Hammarby and my next one is going to be with BK Hacken

Thanks guys! I'm make an effort to keep playing this save and updating it! :D I actually stopped playing due to my frustration with the strict league rules. SIXTEEN out of 25 registered players have to be home-grown in country. I can't recall exactly but either 4 or 6 also has to be home-grown at club.

The "home-grown at club" requirement is by far the most annoying because players only qualify at the age of 20/21. By that time I already struggle massively to keep my 5* and 4* youth players as they are being poached by huge European clubs...

Another problem I find with focusing on youth in Scandinavia is that most (maybe like 90%) of all regens seems to be strong/tall but quite slow with middling technical ability. I want to play fast attacking football with great skill! Like the German national team! ;) South American and Mediterranean regens are generally much more suited for the style of football I want...

Maybe I can try to make a concerted effort of having an all-Norwegian back four plus some Norwegians in the midfield. I could then probably get away with having a foreign keeper +3/4 attacking players...

I just find it incredibly frustrating to spend 2/3 years carefully developing this amazing prospect, basically becoming like a "second father" to him. Giving him every single possibility to become a world class footballer. Then as soon as he's 17 or 18 you get Roma or Real Madrid sniffing around and the player instantly becomes the most spoiled little **** you've ever seen! Kicking and screaming, forcing a move away. Where he promptly spends 3 years warming the bench or getting loaned out to a lower-league team... The Tippeligaen (Norwegian league) has such a terrible reputation that it feels hopeless trying to keep players, regardless how much I can improve Rosenborg's team reputation.

I guess now I know how Strømsgodset feels about Ødegaard! :( 

I need a Player Interaction where I can assertively say "Listen you spoiled little ****! Myself and the club has dedicated huge amounts of resources and time to develop you. We believe that you can be one of the very best players in the world but only if you trust us to continue your development. I simply refuse to sell you for £1m now when in 2-3 years I am absolutely confident we can sell you for £20-40m - at which point all the very best clubs in the world will be begging for your services!"

(rant over!)

Edited by the--dud

On 11/17/2016 at 15:12, the--dud said:

This actually took me a while to figure out, it confused me greatly; because the Norwegian season starts at a different date from "normal" leagues you end up having two different European runs per season. At the start of a season you finish up the European play that you qualified for the season before. Then towards the end you finish your group stages. (Then if you qualify from the group you finish it the next season - you get the idea hopefully!)

On 11/17/2016 at 20:14, the--dud said:

For the first time in their history Rosenborg BK had reached the knockout stages of the Champions League - sadly it was a short affair but we did put up a good fight. Juventus proved a little too good for us.

For a self-proclaimed trønder and life-long RBK-fan, you don't seem to know much local history or have basic knowledge of Norwegian football (sorry). "Everybody" knows that when finishing the league in the fall (say 2016), then you won't play in European comps until the next summer/fall (i.e. 2017), are you sure you were so confused about that? RBK have been playing like this for "ages"

And, also especially for a RBK-supporter, you should know they qualified from their CL-group twice before (playing Juventus in the QF in 96/97, after the famous beating of Milan at San Siro, Vegard Heggem, remember?), and also qualifying from the first group stage in 99/00 (following a thrashing of Dortmund, 3-0 at Westfalen).

Norwegian Cup Results:

n55wexf.jpg

As a real life Rosenborg fan it was truly agonizing to lose the Norwegian cup final to Vålerenga of all teams! Not only that but Kjetil Rekdal (horrible person!) was their manager and he played a defensive "anti-football" formation with 5 at the back! :( 

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I er sjef! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

14 minutes ago, Maaka said:

For a self-proclaimed trønder and life-long RBK-fan, you don't seem to know much local history or have basic knowledge of Norwegian football (sorry). "Everybody" knows that when finishing the league in the fall (say 2016), then you won't play in European comps until the next summer/fall (i.e. 2017), are you sure you were so confused about that? RBK have been playing like this for "ages"

And, also especially for a RBK-supporter, you should know they qualified from their CL-group twice before (playing Juventus in the QF in 96/97, after the famous beating of Milan at San Siro, Vegard Heggem, remember?), and also qualifying from the first group stage in 99/00 (following a thrashing of Dortmund, 3-0 at Westfalen).

I seem to have forgotten some of my RBK-history :( Do I need to shave off my moustach and burn my leather vest? Can I keep it if I promise to sing 10 D.D.E. songs in a karaoke bar this weekend? :D 

I'd rather prefer that you don't sing any DDE, please. Åge is good. Go for Åge. Or TNT. But I prefer Torstein and the rest of Stage Dolls. :thup: 

Tippeligaen 2019/2020 - Pre-Season

Thanks to kind encouragements I've decided to pick up this save again :) Much appreciated everyone!

We're a few days before season kick-off so it seems like a good a time as any to give an update. There's been some rather significant deals made and the squad has several new players for the season coming up:

vea64i3.jpg

AFAIK, Kingsley Abah (ST, 19yo, Nigeria - Regen) is a new record signing for Norway but as soon as I saw him I knew I had to buy him! I'm conviced he'll be the best striker the league has ever seen. Look at this glorious man! 17 Finishing, 17 Off-The-Ball and 16 Acceleration - and 1.5* left of development! :D Slow Norwegian defenders are going to hate him lol

Another "insta-buy" was Elías Lópes (DR/WBR, 18yo, Argentina - Regen). At 18 he's fantastically well-rounded both in Technical and Physical though he has some work to do on his Mental game. I will try to get him a good tutor.

And my final "insta-buy" was João Paulo (ST/AMC, 23yo, Brazil - Regen): 20 Determination and still a little bit of potential ability left to develop. Looking at his stats I think he could be a terrific AMC Trequartista so I will try to retrain him. His Technique, Passing and Finishing isn't great but he has so many other fantastic attributes. Plus - he already has a star-sounding name! His stats are a little bit weirdly distributed but I think/hope he'll prove useful in the AMC position.

I also signed Pasalic from Chelsea which was a little bit rash as due to the strict league rules I can't fit him in my squad :( Hopefully I can loan him out for a year and fit him in next season... Jorge Bedoya is also a very exciting prospect but he'll have to go on loan for a season or two as well due to league rules... The rest of the signings were youngsters (16-17yo).

As for Outs I let Gytkjær go. He wanted to go and I wanted to play my exciting young strikers with massive potential. I also had to let two other foreigners go, again due to how-grown rules.

Youth Player Updates!

John Hou Sæter (MC, 21yo, Norway): At 21 year old this guy is already a frikkin monster (or should I say Münster?) :D He still has some potential left in him, I'd love to get a few more stats to 16.

Erling Håland (ST, 18yo, Norway): A player I've been waiting on for a few seasons, he's had very successful loan spells. He's been promoted to the first team now. His attributives reminds me a bit of Tore André Flo or John Carew. Still has a ton of potential left to develop!

Abel Casquete (AMC, 21yo, Ecuador): Abel is getting real real mad that I refuse to give him his "big chance" with a big team so I think this will be his last season in an RBK jersey. He's been fantastic for us and should make us a boat-load of cash. I can't be too mad honestly.

Jonah Stenersen (DC, 19yo, Norway): This was a 2nd season regen which I've carefully nurtured into what he's becoming now. His ability is finally good enough to be a key player for our first team. And what does he do? Kick and scream and CRY about wanting to leave for Milan or Chelsea or whoever else submits offensively low bids... I fought so hard to keep him at the club as I want at the very least one or two season out of him before he goes to sit on a world-class leather seat/bench somewhere in Europe... I even made him goddamn captain this season in a desperate attempt to instill some loyalty towards the club!

Other News:

After years of pestering the board to upgrade facilities we're finally starting to look world-class in everything related to youth development (keep in mind the Training and Youth facilities are undergoing more development currently)!

Finally let's have a look at the first team squad and tactics, as well as the top youth prospects!

1LYyiFp.jpg

yrne4zQ.jpg

Edited by the--dud

14 minutes ago, Lenzar said:

Did you really give your second goalkeeper the 2 shirt? :o

Oh right, #2 is supposed to be the fullback! I never paid much attention to these things :p Maybe it's sacrilegious... 

More a case of OCD, I'd say. #2 should never be a GK :herman:, do you hear me, Sampdoria?

20 hours ago, Maaka said:

More a case of OCD, I'd say. #2 should never be a GK :herman:, do you hear me, Sampdoria?

Sheffield Wednesday too. At least Italy's known for silly squad numbers.

Getting back on topic, I keep going hot and cold on this save... I get the urge to play this save, then after 4-5 matches I want to play something else :o it's like that terrible Katie Perry song! 

Later today I can do a post updating everyone on the current season :)

Abah is going to terrorize teams, I love short strikers like that, with good heading, I find them much better at getting on the end of crosses and heading in than tall strikers who tend to nod over.

44 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Abah is going to terrorize teams, I love short strikers like that, with good heading, I find them much better at getting on the end of crosses and heading in than tall strikers who tend to nod over.

João Paulo:What do you think of this guy? He's supposed to be a striker but I'm not convinced... I do love his stats though they are kinda weird lol... Maybe as AMC Trequartista if he can improve passing? What's your thoughts on him? Maybe he's a regen dud... 

Abah being short, clinical and quick reminds me of Palermo legend Fabrizio Miccoli if you know him. He was pretty good on FM many years ago... 

Edited by the--dud

1 minute ago, the--dud said:

João Paulo:What do you think of this guy? He's supposed to be a striker but I'm not convinced... I do love his stats though but maybe as AMC Trequartista? What's your thoughts on him?

Hmmm, he's still young enough to grow, but his passing might be an issue as a Trequartista. He has a lot about him though! I'd probably play him in a second/support role beside Abah. At AMC I'd probably play him as AM(a), I find it's the most free role for a player to link up with the midfield in the build up or act as a second striker where needed, using his movement to get easy chances and space.

2 minutes ago, the--dud said:

Abah being short, clinical and quick reminds me of Palermo legend Fabrizio Miccoli if you know him. He was pretty good on FM many years ago...

I used to love him on FIFA a few years ago in Ultimate Team, this was before I played FM though.

Tippeligaen 2019/2020 - Update

HRcZFZb.jpg

After six games we're looking very good. Early signs are promising as they say.

We started out with a draw. I would have liked to win that game but Molde FK is one of the few teams that's been able to follow us these past seasons so I can't be to displeased really. Molde FK has fairly rich owners and a good manager but they are our #1 rival so I always want to beat them! ;)

Then in the next 5 matches we beat Vålerenga, Odd and Sogndal - which are all quite decent teams.

Kingsley Abah has started the season quite well as you can see:

csr226K.jpg

I've also managed to tie down Jonah Stenersen (my amazing youth-intake DC wonderkid) tied down on a new long-term deal so hopefully he'll stick around for many more years now!

I've also been tweaking my tactics slightly:

icfVxYn.jpg

The way I see it is a fairly aggressive tactic that keeps possession but also breaks with pace. It's not incredibly solid defensively but usually being scored against is prevented by having lots of possession.

Edited by the--dud

2 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

That's they way to kick a season into gear!

Thanks man :D By the way, do you know if Concentration can be increased much or is my wonderkid DC doomed to forever have low concentration? Could it increase by tutoring maybe?

Also I'd like to take a moment to show off "Fotballklubben Jerv" who's literally "done an FM" except with an AI manager! :D

xDgM3sR.jpg

I've had no part in their rise up the leagues it's been all AI. In 2013 they were in the 4th level and now they are in the Tippeligaen! This year they are sitting 3rd after 6 games played. Colour me impressed!

Edited by the--dud

4 minutes ago, the--dud said:

Thanks man :D By the way, do you know if Concentration can be increased much or is my wonderkid DC doomed to forever have low concentration? Could it increase by tutoring maybe?

10 isn't too bad, I'd be worried if it were 6 or 7, that said, as far as I know, the only things that will increase it are training a role that requires it, and time as mental attributes will continue to grow as a player ages.

FWIW, the only visible attribute tutoring can grow is Determination.

7 hours ago, the--dud said:

Also I'd like to take a moment to show off "Fotballklubben Jerv" who's literally "done an FM" except with an AI manager! :D

xDgM3sR.jpg

I've had no part in their rise up the leagues it's been all AI. In 2013 they were in the 4th level and now they are in the Tippeligaen! This year they are sitting 3rd after 6 games played. Colour me impressed!

Tbf, they've played consecutive playoff finals (2015&2016) IRL, and losing both after tight clashes. So for them to achieve promotion to Eliteserien (not "Tippeligaen" anymore) isn't too far-fetched, really.

29 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Tbf, they've played consecutive playoff finals (2015&2016) IRL, and losing both after tight clashes. So for them to achieve promotion to Eliteserien (not "Tippeligaen" anymore) isn't too far-fetched, really.

Well I'm still a little bit impressed that an AI manager managed to get them promoted then go on to battle at the top half of the league for a couple of seasons now :) 

Edited by the--dud

Sure, not a bad job. Who's managing them? Still Sandstø?

13 hours ago, Maaka said:

Sure, not a bad job. Who's managing them? Still Sandstø?

Yep he's still their manager :) Doing well for himself!

Edited by the--dud

Tippeligaen 2019/2020 - Update

We've now played 13 games and it honestly looks like nobody will be even close to matching us this year :) We're absolutely destroying the league. I'm very excited for Champions League this season!

CDq4cnK.jpg

We're scoring a boatload of goals and usually the opposition will register maybe 10-15 shots but only 5-7 on target. I have however been letting in one goal in a lot of games which is kinda annoying but as long as we win I'm quite happy.

12oj3JQ.jpg

I've also noticed that over the last 3-4 seasons the Tippeligaen league reputation has increased a fair bit. We're now sitting

FrdJpCn.jpg

Our European Coefficient has also increased rapidly and we're now ranked 49th :D

Finally I'd like to highlight a couple of players.

CuzHwlG.jpg

Elías has been brilliant for us since I signed him! He's developing at an incredible pace, I play him nearly ever game. He's short (162cm), quick, great at tackling and crossing. Good determination too.

59J5OBx.jpg

Queensy (real name Queensy Menig) I signed from Ajax in my 2nd season. I was originally quite disappointed with his development but last season he got a run of games and he could NOT stop scoring! He scored 19 goals and 6 assists  in 24 games last season.

I sometimes play him on AML as an Inside Forward now and he's still scoring goals :D The thing is I'm not sure why exactly he's so prolific... He's stats are well-rounded but nothing special. His technique and strength is terrible. His positioning is a four! He just keeps scoring goals...

Well... Just as everything was going so well, the European transfer markets open! :(

OM bid for Abel Casquete and the board accepted the bid. Oh well, I wasn't expecting to keep him for very long... We did get a great price for him!

7DEE5BT.jpg

I do want to give players their chance at big teams so I can't be too mad... He's served us well, I wish him luck in Ligue 1!

27 minutes ago, the--dud said:

I sometimes play him on AML as an Inside Forward now and he's still scoring goals :D The thing is I'm not sure why exactly he's so prolific... He's stats are well-rounded but nothing special. His technique and strength is terrible. His positioning is a four! He just keeps scoring goals...

He's well rounded, but high in finishing, anticipation, composure, off the ball moment and acceleration. Perfect for being a step of two ahead of the competition.

Positioning is unimportant, as it's purely a defensive attribute.

3 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

He's well rounded, but high in finishing, anticipation, composure, off the ball moment and acceleration. Perfect for being a step of two ahead of the competition.

Positioning is unimportant, as it's purely a defensive attribute.

I think you're right, I've been guilty of underestimating him probably... He's playing semi-regularly now and enjoying his football :)

One more update of the night ;)

2019 Summer Transfer Window

I wasn't planning on making any big moves, in fact I was hoping for nobody in or out (except for loans and youngsters). However with Abel Casquete leaving I had to make some moves.

HKplIOm.jpg

I was shocked and delighted to get Gastón Pereira for only £3m! He looks like an absolute amazing player with bags of potential, I can't wait to see how he plays and develops! :D As sad as I was to see Abel leave I'm very excited by his replacement!

vqI5PXx.jpg

After shuffling around some players I was also able to promote Jorge Bedoya (18yo, AMR, Colombia - Regen) into the first team. He's lighting fast with great dribbling and ability to deliver crosses. He also has 20 (!) Determination, 5* PA and great overall stats.

Club & Team Rankings

There are also some other incredibly exciting news to share :D

2oy0urK.jpg

Eqnjikh.jpg

...Which lead to... (drum roll please!)

0O06eNF.jpg

The Norwegian Tippeligaen now has a direct qualification spot to the Champions League group stages!! :D Previously the winner had to go through the terrible "Champions Route" (aka "third qualification round").

The winner of the league (me of course!) are now guaranteed £10m - £15m income every season which is huge. It cannot be overstated how important this is.

The rest of the league will also benefit as whoever finishes 2nd will get to the third qualification round and the 3rd placed team will get put directly into the Europa League group stages :) 

Edited by the--dud

Pereira looks a wee cracker, and the direct CL spot and finances with it is stellar news!

Why was Bedoya in the reserves with 4* CA and that pace/crossing/dribbling?

12 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Pereira looks a wee cracker, and the direct CL spot and finances with it is stellar news!

Why was Bedoya in the reserves with 4* CA and that pace/crossing/dribbling?

It's the bloody annoying league rules :o 16 out of 25 players have to be home-grown in nation... Plus two players have to be home-grown at club. It's a very annoying and delicate balancing act ;)

2 minutes ago, the--dud said:

It's the bloody annoying league rules :o 16 out of 25 players have to be home-grown in nation... Plus two players have to be home-grown at club. It's a very annoying and delicate balancing act ;)

Ahhhh! Tricky.

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Ahhhh! Tricky.

Honestly it's fine now that I have a settled squad and youth setup :) Its just means if I want to either sign someone new for the first team or promote someone I have to move someone out of the team. If the person coming in is home-grown I ideally want to move out a home-grown player. If he's not home-grown I have to replace him with a "foreign" player. 

It just takes slightly more planning for squad management and youth :) it's quite an interesting challenge actually. 

2019/2020 Season Update - Round 21

i0nyhKR.jpg

Let's just say things have been going extremely well. Domestically to the point of tediousness but it's still a fun challenge. I really want to one day win the Champions League with Rosenborg. The Tippeligaen pose no challenge what so ever right now but maybe the other teams will improve with the added European slots...

5KDjGkb.jpg

Registered several fantastic wins in the league and cup, as well as securing our spot in the group stages of the Champions League! Can't complain :D

Beating Aberdeen so convincingly was extremely pleasing as I think they are a good team of some stature! I was extremely lucky to draw Slovan Bratislava in the Playoff leg (there were some big scary teams!) but beating them 8-1 on aggregate is nothing to scoff at. 

For our Champions League group we got two very tough opponents and one whipping dog (no offense to Danish people):

Nz9Kyvl.jpg

I'm hoping we can get to past the group stages but it certainly wont be easy! I think if we can get two draws or wins against either Roma or Dortmund, and beat Brøndby twice - we have a chance. I would have preferred a group with one superior opponent (Barca, Man City, etc) which beats everyone, I find it easier to place #2 then but oh well...

Transfer Drama! (as always...)

Jorge Bedoya (18yo, AMR, Colombia - Regen) has made quite the impression since he was promoted!

oszeISv.jpg

So much in fact that AS Roma made an offer! It was roughly £4m... I thought I'd be clever and make them a counter offer of £15m + he joins at the end of the Norwegian season. They promptly accepted my counter-offer which caused my dear chairman to jump up and down in his chair very excitedly!

vB4r5cR.jpg

Of course I would love to have him at the club longer but at the same time I signed him for £475k at the start of the season and sell him for £15m at the end of the season! :D I can't really complain about that piece of business can I?

Doubly so because I have an almost-as-good backup waiting in the wings for next season: Jorge Almirón (20yo, AMR, Argentina - Regen). To be frank he's probably not as good as Jorge #1 but I think Jorge #2 here isn't too far off :p 

There was also some drama relating to Jonah Stenersen (my home-grown wonderkid centerback) where the chairman accepted a bid but I managed to get him to change his mind after asking very very firmly.

Y3uO5be.jpg

Edited by the--dud