Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
enders357

Who is the New Pirlo?

Recommended Posts

Okay team, I'm looking for the "New Pirlo" - a man that can sit in front of my defence and play inch perfect through balls to my midfielders and forwards. A man who knows exactly where to be, has incredible technique and vision, and looks damn cool while strutting his stuff.

Here's what he looked like in FM2014.

Image%252520085%25255B5%25255D.png?imgma

So who has the potential to be the New Pirlo? Marco Verratti, Kristoffer Ajer, Lenadro Paredes? Someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the money you have. A cheap-ish option is Nir Biton from Celtic. Mental stats are good. He's a ready-made player, no development needed. Lazy though, needs defensive cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Veratti for me

Both italians

It is how he's presented irl by the way

Talent wise it seems that Veratti is even better than Pirlo at the same age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be tough to find someone who has that combination of extremely high PA and physical stats low enough to allow for such extreme quality in his technical/mental attributes.

Still, I always felt that Andrija Balic was something of a 'Pirlo of the Adriatic' on FM16. Sadly, he's moved onto Udinese for FM17 so will cost more but remains a classy ball-player who could always be retrained as a top-class regista on FM16.

As mentioned above, Alena is an option, as is Leverkusen's Atakan Attaynak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, we dont do that said:

Sensi from Sassuolo


Very good call. I am just scouting him myself. He doesn't quite have the potential - rated potentially a similar level as Klaassen - but the attribute spread is excellent.
 

ZgOpi2c.png


Those Player Traits are perfect:

  • Plays One-Twos
  • Dictates Tempo
  • Tries Long Passes

Writing this, I've just made my mind up. I'm signing him! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:


Very good call. I am just scouting him myself. He doesn't quite have the potential - rated potentially a similar level as Klaassen - but the attribute spread is excellent.
 

ZgOpi2c.png


Those Player Traits are perfect:

  • Plays One-Twos
  • Dictates Tempo
  • Tries Long Passes

Writing this, I've just made my mind up. I'm signing him! :D

Yeah ok, you've convinced me to buy him too :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MANUMAD said:

Franck Kessie?

He's more of a BWM/B2B on FM.

I'd say that Kranevitter is pretty good for the DLP role on DM position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Filippo Melegoni

Starting attributes aren't superb but he has great potential

Player Traits: Comes deep to get the ball, Dictates tempo, Tries longe range passes

Edited by Psycho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is close to Pirlo attributes or style. 

 

CM with high crossing and vision ability is so rare in the game, modern football has shift towards the AMC position where teams relies on creative player upfront instead of deep. 

 

But the closest there is to Pirlo, as named already, Pjanic, Kroos, Verrati, Cazorla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, enders357 said:

Okay team, I'm looking for the "New Pirlo" - a man that can sit in front of my defence and play inch perfect through balls to my midfielders and forwards. A man who knows exactly where to be, has incredible technique and vision, and looks damn cool while strutting his stuff.

Here's what he looked like in FM2014.

Image%252520085%25255B5%25255D.png?imgma

So who has the potential to be the New Pirlo? Marco Verratti, Kristoffer Ajer, Lenadro Paredes? Someone else?

you don't get another Pirlo unless you are lucky with the newgen coming through

Weigl gives you an option until then, might not match Pirlo in vision, but have great anti/pos/con/ and decent passion, first touch - put him on attacking training (with focus on passing) to add up those and you could end up with a rather decent Pirlo "light"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about Manuel Locatelli @ Milan.

Only had a short go on FM17 (on release day) but he looks quite good @ Passing and Vision and still a teenager so plenty of room for development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diego Poyet, maybe? Nowhere near as good as Andrea, but could possible do a job

 

Edit: Just been having a look at some player filters, maybe consider Nuri Sahin in the short term

Edited by wwxxyyzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enders357 said:

@Ö-zil to the Arsenal! & @Hazzastalavista - did you guys manage to sign Sensi? How is he working out? I ended up signing Fred from Shakhtar - I'm not 100% convinced he's the man for his role but he offers a lot for use in other roles too so decided to stump up the cash.

Fred's a great all-rounder.

Yes I signed Sensi for about £3.5m and he's been excellent. It's going to be tough keeping hold of him at Ajax as Juventus, Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona and a few from the Premiership are all circling as I get to the end of my first season.

He's been a star performer for me and really improved the way my team play. If I get him to stay one more year I think we'll challenge in Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Fred's a great all-rounder.

Yes I signed Sensi for about £3.5m and he's been excellent. It's going to be tough keeping hold of him at Ajax as Juventus, Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona and a few from the Premiership are all circling as I get to the end of my first season.

He's been a star performer for me and really improved the way my team play. If I get him to stay one more year I think we'll challenge in Europe.

What are you currently playing mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised Barcelona's Sergi Samper hasn't got a mention yet (although I guess it's enough of a burden being the next Xavi without adding to it..). No set piece ability, but he's nailed the bit about decision making, range of passing and being too good at reading the game to need any pace, and he has a fair bit of room to grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlos Alena, if you somehow manage to sign him from Barcelona B. It was easy to get him in FM 16 as you could either sign him for free as a youngster or buy him 6 months later for 6 million and 3 years later he was a home grown player but in FM 16 they seem to want a fortune before even considering a deal

Another player who developed into an absolute world class midfielder for me, in both FM 15 and 16, was Fabio Castellano from Atalanta and he is a player very much like Pirlo in terms of passing, vision and set piece ability and might even have a bit more bite to go with his fine technical attributes and is only 18 at the start.

 

Edited by OhHoopedOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2016 at 01:13, aditya said:

No one is close to Pirlo attributes or style. 

 

CM with high crossing and vision ability is so rare in the game, modern football has shift towards the AMC position where teams relies on creative player upfront instead of deep. 

 

But the closest there is to Pirlo, as named already, Pjanic, Kroos, Verrati, Cazorla

Check out Fabio Castellano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2016 at 11:08, Bunkerossian said:

Depends on the money you have. A cheap-ish option is Nir Biton from Celtic. Mental stats are good. He's a ready-made player, no development needed. Lazy though, needs defensive cover.

In real life I don't think he has ever passed the ball more than five yards and is slower than a week in jail

Edited by OhHoopedOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about retraining an AM? Pirlo made that move himself afterall. In the last FM I took Pablo Aimar to Swansea and had success playing him as a Regista.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With some retraining Joao Mario will be immense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm playing the mobile version so cant see his full stats but I signed Marcos Llorente from Real Madrid B for this exact role for my Sheff Wed team. Might be worth a look?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xavi without a doubt is the next Pirlo. He was the pre Pirlo, is the pass master and will remain so till the end of time. Long may he reign as king of the desert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2016 at 14:58, Haiku said:

With some retraining Joao Mario will be immense.

Closest suggestion yet, I reckon. Shame I'm managing AC Milan! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2016 at 20:24, enders357 said:

Closest suggestion yet, I reckon. Shame I'm managing AC Milan! 

Fabio Castellano, 18 at the start of the game, from Atalanta is a future superstar and goes on to resemble Pirlo so much in terms of his passing and free kick abilities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 22:25, SpillBlood said:

Found this guy at Leverkusen.  This is him a few years in.

5fae0948734b83d81c2754939f881952.png

This guy looks like an absolute beast. wonder if he will always turn out good or if he has roaming potential. not quite a Pirlo though as this player has very good attributes across the board (like a pogba, Vieira, Pirlo love triangle child) rather than excellent attributes in specific areas (technical/mental) and weaker in other. Great PPMs too ... did you give him those or does he come with them? what season is this in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

This guy looks like an absolute beast. wonder if he will always turn out good or if he has roaming potential. not quite a Pirlo though as this player has very good attributes across the board (like a pogba, Vieira, Pirlo love triangle child) rather than excellent attributes in specific areas (technical/mental) and weaker in other. Great PPMs too ... did you give him those or does he come with them? what season is this in?

Fair, was more through vision/passing/PPMs.

I haven't trained him, this was under AI.  Loaded up a start save to check and he comes with all apart from tries long range passes.  Pretty sure it was the 2020/2021 season.  It was.  Currently in 2021/2022 and he's at Barcelona as a first team MC.

This is him at the end of the first season(May).

e070499bf23a3397f70c0a61b10da589.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks - looks like he develops incredibly to from those 'ok' stats to all round worldy. going to scout him when I get home but in my current save im in season 3 with Newcastle, so if its a set PA rather than roaming he is probably already very good and valued too high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpillBlood said:

Fair, was more through vision/passing/PPMs.

I haven't trained him, this was under AI.  Loaded up a start save to check and he comes with all apart from tries long range passes.  Pretty sure it was the 2020/2021 season.  It was.  Currently in 2021/2022 and he's at Barcelona as a first team MC.

This is him at the end of the first season(May).

e070499bf23a3397f70c0a61b10da589.png

Who are we talking about here? His name isn't on the screen shot, all I can see is he's an 18 year old German!

 

On 17/11/2016 at 14:05, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:


Very good call. I am just scouting him myself. He doesn't quite have the potential - rated potentially a similar level as Klaassen - but the attribute spread is excellent.
 

ZgOpi2c.png


Those Player Traits are perfect:

  • Plays One-Twos
  • Dictates Tempo
  • Tries Long Passes

Writing this, I've just made my mind up. I'm signing him! :D

Anyone know how he turns out? Have the opportunity to sign him start of season 3. He's at Bournemouth in my game who have just been relegated and he's transfer listed by request. Worth about £12m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's the same birth date and favoured position etc... lots of Germans have second nationality of Polish/Turkish so I assume he changed allegiance fairly quickly in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gilbo88 said:

Who are we talking about here? His name isn't on the screen shot, all I can see is he's an 18 year old German!

Wasn't exactly hard to figure out quoting the person who'd quoted my original post is it?  :applause:

If you look above it, clearly Atakan Akkaynak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpillBlood said:

Wasn't exactly hard to figure out quoting the person who'd quoted my original post is it?  :applause:

If you look above it, clearly Atakan Akkaynak.

Was the different nationality that confused me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he still has massive potential, Tielemans might be trainable into the role/style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SpillBlood said:

Wasn't exactly hard to figure out quoting the person who'd quoted my original post is it?  :applause:

If you look above it, clearly Atakan Akkaynak.

scouted him last night.. still 5 star potential but he's stayed at Leverkusen and been loaned out each year... so my 21 yr old Atakan is still the same as your screen shot of him at 18. And I don't have good enough coaching team or facilities to warrant buying him now. shame! Will look out for him if I create a new save with a top team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to throw this guy in to the mix Marko Grujic he is playing in the Pirlo role for me at SD Eibar. This is how he has developed so far in season 2019-2020

 IMG_20161211_200214.jpg

Check The Pirlo Pass Out For The Last Goal In This Clip Eibar's 4th 

 

Edited by totalfootball71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2016 at 20:07, totalfootball71 said:

I am going to throw this guy in to the mix Marko Grujic he is playing in the Pirlo role for me at SD Eibar. This is how he has developed so far in season 2019-2020

 IMG_20161211_200214.jpg

Check The Pirlo Pass Out For The Last Goal In This Clip Eibar's 4th 

 

Good player and very versatile but isn't he more of a box to box midfielder? I have retrained him as a target man and think he would make a decent emergency centre half as well. He's scored quite a few important goals  for my Palace side when thrown upfront late on or when others have been injured and makes a good battering ram but I mostly use him in midfield where his all round game makes him a fantastic box to box midfielder.

Edited by OhHoopedOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes he very versatile he fits my system well playing in the DM strata...he keeps the ball moving and creates for my more attacking players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BlueAnderson said:

There will never be another Pirlo imo.

You do realise this is about the game and not real life right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...