Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  

Is anyone else having trouble beating Man U? I've played them multiple times, tried different mentalities, formations etc but end up drawing 0-0 or losing 1-0. 

They also seem to win most of their league games by a margin of 1 goal

Every save I've done I've had a bogey team. Even when I've been completely dominating the league there's always a Spurs/Man U/City who I can never get a win against. Not sure if there's anything mechanic in the game that makes this the case, but it always happens to me

im in a relegation scrap, won 3 in 24. Bournemouth, Liverpool and Tottenham. Im ipswich after going up first season. I have trouble beating anyone tbf, man utd evn scored a free kick past me... how many free kicks do u see go in in an whole season ?

I've only conceded one free kick in three seasons, but it's a whole new story when it comes to penalties. Received 7, only scored 1 and conceded 9 and the opposition scored 9. 

The frustration was real.

I can beat Man U but I cant beat Rashford, I was winning 1-0 against them in the league on comes Rashford with 10 min to go we lose 1-2. In the Fa Cup winning 1-0 again on comes Rashford and grabs a 6 minute hatrick to win 1-3. Next time we play I am setting Cattermole on him.

I'm playing as ManUtd and he can't buy a goal to save his life. :D

To be honest all you need to do is look at their tactics before the game and when you go to choose your tactics based on what their weakness are so you can look to exploit them. This usually works every time unless there is a huge difference in talent between the teams (eg Premier League Team vs League 2 Team)

11 hours ago, ajj2410 said:

To be honest all you need to do is look at their tactics before the game and when you go to choose your tactics based on what their weakness are so you can look to exploit them. This usually works every time unless there is a huge difference in talent between the teams (eg Premier League Team vs League 2 Team)

Thats what I do but obviously doesn't always work, next time I am going to try again and if/when rashford is on the picth he is getting marked by Cattermole who will be told to tackle harder to see if that does the trick lol.

I've managed to beat them 3-0 at home and 2-1 away using a 4141 counter.  Actually did better in the away fixture because rode our luck a bit in the home one and on another day we could have been beaten 3-0.

Massively OP in this game. Battered them a few times, but they steamroll everyone else.

I have smashed all the top teams as Spurs aside from United and Liverpool. Beaten Liverpool 1-0 once, but lost most games to them. Never beaten United, Rashford is a nightmare.

all top prem sides are overpowered. like in real life, just more overpowered in game as the sayin "on paper" should be renamed "on fm"... Man Utd brought higuain on my save, 20 finishing, expect that, but 16 pace, how can u compare with that unrealism unless you're man city or arsenal.