Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
carlmiles1879

England manager in game?

Just curious what happens to the England job in everyone's game. In mine England are doing well in qualifying and despite Southgate's contract expiring on 31/11/2016 and it now being 29/4/2017 he still has the job. Not sure if its bugged or if the FA some how conned him into a monthly rolling contract till a better option appears.

England - I'd quite forgotten about them. I've just got to the end of the first season and Southgate's still quietly holding the fort. More interestingly Big Sam took a job in Russia.

Just a little update to this world cup 2018 has come and gone England got knocked out in the group stage so I got my CV ready for the FA and they kept Southgate amazingly.

England failed to qualify for the WC in my save. Finished below Scotland in the Qualifiers then Italy beat them in the Play-Offs.

Southgates still manager.

Has anyone seen southgate leave the job? I think it might not be working correctly as he is a long way past his contract expiry date 

Im into 2023 and still Southgate despite his contract expiring in 2016! 

9 hours ago, rinso said:

Im into 2023 and still Southgate despite his contract expiring in 2016! 

Poor Eddie Howe!

That's gotta be a bug, surely?

I mentioned the fact that his contract expires and he stays in the job in the bug section and was told it was because England don't have a chairman/board to negotiate contracts with but might be worth another bug report if he is performing rubbish and still keeping the job though.

1 hour ago, carlmiles1879 said:

I mentioned the fact that his contract expires and he stays in the job in the bug section and was told it was because England don't have a chairman/board to negotiate contracts with but might be worth another bug report if he is performing rubbish and still keeping the job though.

Huh, if SI can code in a prediction as to how Brexit will go, they can surely code in a new chairman (Gary Linekar gets my vote ;-) ) I'd definitely raise it again.

My save is still running from the beta and after Camacho left after a disastrous WC in Russia - I say disastrous, they went out in the second round... so... successful? - and I turned them down as I'd accepted the Spain job 4 days before England came calling, they've appointed a 63 year old new gen manager.