Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  

Does anybody know how to buy the extra non-young Designated Player slot? It was mentioned at some point during the offseason and now I desperately need it. I am still in the offseason if that means anything. 

6 minutes ago, kmastoloni said:

Does anybody know how to buy the extra non-young Designated Player slot? It was mentioned at some point during the offseason and now I desperately need it. I am still in the offseason if that means anything. 

Usually at the start of the off-season you get option to buy it or the board has already bought it for you

Not as far as I know I think you only get the one chance to buy it 

4 minutes ago, ajj2410 said:

Not as far as I know I think you only get the one chance to buy it 

Well that's annoying. Got Cesc Fabregas and Di Maria offered to me and I am stuck with Cerci in a contract from old management and nobody will take him and his compensation is too high. Tried to torture him into mutual termination but wants to steal a paycheck

2 minutes ago, kmastoloni said:

Well that's annoying. Got Cesc Fabregas and Di Maria offered to me and I am stuck with Cerci in a contract from old management and nobody will take him and his compensation is too high. Tried to torture him into mutual termination but wants to steal a paycheck

I've played in the MLS and I've had that problem too especially when I had about 5 million in allocation money and I couldn't buy a 3rd DP until the next season :seagull:

12 hours ago, kmastoloni said:

I got the email to buy it but just wasn't interested at the time. Now I need it. Is there any way to get it back?

If you find a player 23 years old or younger that you want, you can sign that player to a DP contract (aka a Young DP) contract without buying that extra DP spot. Young DP's don't require a purchased DP slot.