Terminate FM2017:Pep Guardiola's Barcelona Tiki-Taka433

Hi there, here's Pep Guardiola's Barcelona Tiki-Taka433 for FM2017, may this tactic can help you to terminate FM2017.

some goals( nearly original Man United players except incoming Almamy Toure ):

pass the ball to the goal in 50s since the kickoff when facing Fenerbahçe.

0e85a4231ff8852d7bda535afb6bbd33.gif

beat Everton's Bus since a throw ball.(fxxk my english)

bcf826ed2acc5eb59491b73291404d5a.gif

QQ截图20161113055319.png

QQ截图20161113053015.pngQQ截图20161113053035.png

Mentality
the tactic includes 2 mentalities: control& counter, when the opponent's sitting back, use control; when the opponent's crazy in attack, use counter.

Width& Defensive Line
it's extremely important to keep your formation compact by choosing the proper width& d-line in pressing-pass tactic.
my width& d-line settings are on the basis of Premier League teams' 105m×68m size pitch, tweak them when needed. if the pitch is shorter/longer, drag back/push up your d-line a little bit; if it's wider/narrower, reduce/increase your width a little bit.

OI
QQ截图20161113053407.png
when facing quicker ML/R,AML/R,tick never closing down.

Other Tweaks
a:when facing 442, use your faster CD to handle the opponent's faster striker.
b:when facing 41212/4312/4141/433, don't closing down the defensive midfielder/deepest midfielder in OI.
c:when facing 433/4141, always tight marking& always closing down& hard tackling to the opponent's single striker in OI; set your HBd to CMd& close down much less&shot less often; increase your team's width a little bit.
d:if your player gets yellow card, tick ease off tackles in his player instructions ASAP.
e:more combination pairs in midfield like:HBd+BBMs+APa...

so now you know that when facing 433/4141..., don't closing down the opponent's single DM ; always tight marking& always closing down& hard tackling the opponent's single striker; push up your HB to CM positon to help your AP&CMa.
Training
pre-season:1 month fitness, then 1 month team cohesion.
in the season: 1 week fitness, then 2 weeks tactical, then 1 week ball control, the 1 week attacking.

Player attributions&Preferred moves
Team work,Anticipation,Stamina for pressing&pass tactic.
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example: for Su duty,"come deep to get ball",don't "go forward"; for At duty, vice versa.
SKs: some rushout&acceleration
CDd: enough acceleration and speed.Left foot for left CD,Right foot for right CD.
PPM: play way out of trouble
WBs: basic dribbling, passing,off-ball and soild defensive attribution.Right foot.
WBa: acceleration,speed,off-ball,stamina,dribbling,crossing,flar... Left foot.
PPM: go forward whenever possible,one-twos,hugs line.
HBd: some passing&heading
PPM: come deep to get ball,pass rather than shoot,and dictate tempo.
APs: just follow the game requirements.Left foot.
PPM: come deep to get ball,dictate tempo,one-twos,pass rather than shoot.
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:go forward whenever possible
CMa: enough off-ball finishing,composure to score.Right foot.
PPM: go forward whenever possible,one-twos.
IFs: don't ignore the team work.Right foot.
PPM: come deep to get ball,cut inside,one-twos(places shot,curls ball).
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:move into channels,anti-offside,go forward whenever possible.
IFa: main scorer,don't ignore the anticipation,team work,composure.Left foot.
PPM: cut inside,one-twos(places shot,curls ball).
F9: just follow the game requirements.not weak on un-preferred foot.
PPM: come deep to get ball, run with ball often,on-twos,killer ball(dictate tempo,swicth ball).
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:anti-offside,go forward whenever possible.

Enjoy!

433control_3E238C60-FC5B-4126-B4C7-96482BF5F3CB.fmf

433counter_1DCAD926-4C1A-4F41-99C3-FF0A135A1009.fmf

433balance_AA1D09AB-95B9-42CA-B2E2-11EA88FA6ACC.fmf

I enjoy experimenting with new formations, so gave this one a try.  Got lots of possession, variable results but the main issue was losing goals.  With 2 wing backs pushing forward and a very high defensive line, kept getting caught by long balls over the back 2.  The narrow formation also led to overcrowding in midfield and consequently a lot of possession lost. The F9 kept coming back into midfield and was behind the play if the ball broke wide. I will experiment further with some of the settings, but the formation is interesting.:thup:

13 hours ago, FrazT said:

I enjoy experimenting with new formations, so gave this one a try.  Got lots of possession, variable results but the main issue was losing goals.  With 2 wing backs pushing forward and a very high defensive line, kept getting caught by long balls over the back 2.  The narrow formation also led to overcrowding in midfield and consequently a lot of possession lost. The F9 kept coming back into midfield and was behind the play if the ball broke wide. I will experiment further with some of the settings, but the formation is interesting.:thup:

ok, thanx for your feedback.

maybe i'm using big team Man United, so the issues you mentioned rarely occur. however, there's indeed one issue: the left WB can't hadle the opponent's right winger& right WB on his own when the opponent's crazy in attacking, in this case, sometimes i change my WBs to WBa& change my IFa to IFs, then the IF will track back.

Further update:

I have played another 4 or 5 games and am constantly getting caught by long balls over the top on the counter attack, so unless you have Usain Bolt playing DC, there are far too many goal scoring opportunities and 3 against 2 breaks.  I agree that perhaps better players can cope with this system, but I am pretty sure that this would be defensive suicide with average teams.  Still getting lots of possession but still think that the midfield is too crowded

45 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Further update:

I have played another 4 or 5 games and am constantly getting caught by long balls over the top on the counter attack, so unless you have Usain Bolt playing DC, there are far too many goal scoring opportunities and 3 against 2 breaks.  I agree that perhaps better players can cope with this system, but I am pretty sure that this would be defensive suicide with average teams.  Still getting lots of possession but still think that the midfield is too crowded

which team are u using?

I've been using similar tactic for the past few FM editions. It's a never ending challenge playing with such a high D-line. It's always tricky striking the correct balance between that and high pressing.

The defense, including the WBs, need to have high attributes in pace, anticipation, positioning and decisions in order to make such a high line work. Depending on players it might work better to lower the D-Line and increase the closing down as Team Instructions.

In my tactic I also use Tighter Marking to give opponent less space and time on the ball, especially in midfield. 

4 hours ago, yonko said:

I've been using similar tactic for the past few FM editions. It's a never ending challenge playing with such a high D-line. It's always tricky striking the correct balance between that and high pressing.

The defense, including the WBs, need to have high attributes in pace, anticipation, positioning and decisions in order to make such a high line work. Depending on players it might work better to lower the D-Line and increase the closing down as Team Instructions.

In my tactic I also use Tighter Marking to give opponent less space and time on the ball, especially in midfield. 

which players are you setting Tighter Marking in their personal instructions? i once used Use Tighter Marking in team instructions in FM2016, but i don't do this in FM2017 coz i don't want my formation tear apart when facing 433 etc. i used 4231 to handle 433 in FM16 just like Joachim Loew changed 4231 to 3412 to handle Italy's 3322 in Euro Cup, but i just tired of creating so many tactics.

I use Tighter Marking as Team Instruction so it applies to all players. Don't worry, your formation won't get torn apart because it is not man marking. It's just tighter zonal marking, meaning anyone that enters the zone near your player will be marked tighter until he leaves the zone. 

Another point I want to make to you about your original post is regarding training. Setting the team's general training to fitness doesn't make the players fitter at all. It just focuses training on their physical attributes. Players get match fitness by playing a lot friendlies - the more, the better. I usually schedule as many as I can every 3 days until the first official match of the season - usually that gives me 12 or 13 pre-season friendlies. I also schedule them against weaker opposition to boost moral before the season and also because I may use a lot of reserve players too. 

For good possession tactic team chemistry is very important, therefore I focus on Team Cohesion on High Intensity during pre-season with Match Training at 50% Match Tactics. During the season I bring the Intensity of general training down (but always keep it to Team Cohesion!) to either average or low with 20% focus on Match Training for Teamwork. I rely on setting each player to individual training based on what attributes they need to focus on, sometimes I add additional focus as needed.

These are the attributes in every player that I look for to execute a good possession tactic:

Technical: first touch, passing, technique

Mental: anticipation, composure, decisions, off the ball, teamwork, vision

Possession usually goes with good pressing as well, so these are the attributes I focus on:

anticipation, concentration, decisions, positioning, workrate, stamina

Then there are certain functional attributes required for each position based on the role they play in the system:

Defenders: at least one with good pace (14+) and at least one with good heading & jumping (15+)

Wingbacks: acceleration, workrate, stamina, crossing

Midfielders: agility

Wide Forwards: acceleration, pace

Striker: agility, balance and/or strength 

9 hours ago, yonko said:

I use Tighter Marking as Team Instruction so it applies to all players. Don't worry, your formation won't get torn apart because it is not man marking. It's just tighter zonal marking, meaning anyone that enters the zone near your player will be marked tighter until he leaves the zone. 

Another point I want to make to you about your original post is regarding training. Setting the team's general training to fitness doesn't make the players fitter at all. It just focuses training on their physical attributes. Players get match fitness by playing a lot friendlies - the more, the better. I usually schedule as many as I can every 3 days until the first official match of the season - usually that gives me 12 or 13 pre-season friendlies. I also schedule them against weaker opposition to boost moral before the season and also because I may use a lot of reserve players too. 

For good possession tactic team chemistry is very important, therefore I focus on Team Cohesion on High Intensity during pre-season with Match Training at 50% Match Tactics. During the season I bring the Intensity of general training down (but always keep it to Team Cohesion!) to either average or low with 20% focus on Match Training for Teamwork. I rely on setting each player to individual training based on what attributes they need to focus on, sometimes I add additional focus as needed.

These are the attributes in every player that I look for to execute a good possession tactic:

Technical: first touch, passing, technique

Mental: anticipation, composure, decisions, off the ball, teamwork, vision

Possession usually goes with good pressing as well, so these are the attributes I focus on:

anticipation, concentration, decisions, positioning, workrate, stamina

Then there are certain functional attributes required for each position based on the role they play in the system:

Defenders: at least one with good pace (14+) and at least one with good heading & jumping (15+)

Wingbacks: acceleration, workrate, stamina, crossing

Midfielders: agility

Wide Forwards: acceleration, pace

Striker: agility, balance and/or strength 

thanks for your advice! are you japanese or not? i'm chinese.

to be honest,  tighter marking or not troubles me all through the time in FM2016, and i'll try it in 17.

on the training, i follow this website though i'm not sure  its correctness

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/squad/pre-season-preparation

11 hours ago, Kurt Hoo said:

thanks for your advice! are you japanese or not? i'm chinese.

to be honest,  tighter marking or not troubles me all through the time in FM2016, and i'll try it in 17.

on the training, i follow this website though i'm not sure  its correctness

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/squad/pre-season-preparation

I'm not Japanese. But does it matter what nationality I am?

The guide you are following is wrong and outdated. Fitness focus trains physical attributes but doesn't improve match sharpness. Playing a lot of friendlies improves match sharpness and gets players ready for the season. In addition training Fitness attributes for just a month or less doesn't have that much an influence on attributes improvement. you need 2-3 months at least of the same focus for notable improvement. And lastly, focusing on Fitness may lead to more unwanted injuries.

So to summarize again. 

Pre-season:

General Training: Team Cohesion on High Intensity

Match Training: Match Tactics on 50% (train only one tactic and make no change that effect familiarity bars)

Lots of friendlies: at least 10, 12-13 is the best

Plus individual training schedules and additional training that focuses on the important attributes for possession style

During season: 

General Training: Team Cohesion on Average or Low

Match Training: Teamwork on 20%

2 hours ago, FuSS said:

Needs  a name rethink, Pep famously hates Tiki-Taka!!

I agree. It's actually Positional football.

Archived