FIFA World League

the reserves & u18 leagues is set to " get all teams from division X , team type reserve or u18 " , so If a senior team get promoted or relegated the next season the game check again what teams is in what division , I think this is how it works not sure tho I need to reach season 2 to see that , I already changed every team to add reserve and u18 teams instead of B/u21 etc.

@sulo67: do you think it could be a team from div 3, then, that causes the crash? you could try identifying that team, swapping them out of the world league, and retrying. just a thought. i still think i might try and make all the teams more uniform (so they all have only reserves and u18s) for the next version if i can do it without going into the advanced editor.

@BJG123: thanks. for the next version i'll do some more tests and try to get it balanced better. i had larger prize monies in an earlier version but it ended up with some teams (including in div 3) having hundreds of millions so it's been very tricky to get right.

Great work on this database :applause:

Yet to play a save, as i have only had a look around so far.

i would like to make the following changes to my game:

1. Remove the foreign player rule

2. Remove the reserve team/leagues and keep only the U18's

3. Change the U18 'division format' to 'use same as main team'

4. delete the B teams/clubs for teams such as barca B, castilla, benfica B etc by remove them from the affiliated club section

(is there a quick method to find all of these teams or do i have to manually check each team if they have a B team?)

5. Adding a rule so that every team needs to have X amount of players trained at the club in the starting 11.

(not sure how many i want to set this to just yet, but lets say for example 5 will the AI adapt their squads, buying/selling polices, to better compete with this rule. Over time will AI Teams be more reluctant to sell good players they have which are home grown. will they be more likely to buy back former home grown players, such as Man Utd trying to sign Ronaldo back or Southampton trying to buy back someone like Walcott?}

6. Changing the Cup from one leg to two legged games.

7. Removing the fixture changes for TV so teams play same day and time.

i think i know how to edit the database to add these changes. Do you know if any of these changes will cause any known crashes or problems. 

Also i am only interested in playing in the top league, is there a way i can only load the top league to manage in, but still be able to view the league tables and top scorers etc of the leagues below without significantly slowing my game down?

On 26/12/2016 at 14:40, Johan 14 Cruyff said:

5. Adding a rule so that every team needs to have X amount of players trained at the club in the starting 11.

(not sure how many i want to set this to just yet, but lets say for example 5 will the AI adapt their squads, buying/selling polices, to better compete with this rule. Over time will AI Teams be more reluctant to sell good players they have which are home grown. will they be more likely to buy back former home grown players, such as Man Utd trying to sign Ronaldo back or Southampton trying to buy back someone like Walcott?}

A warning about this: a lot of the smaller clubs don't have histories for their players so end up having no/few players trained at club. Yes, AI will adapt to it.

On 26/12/2016 at 22:07, Johan 14 Cruyff said:

Also there are only 5 Refs in the top league, all of whom are are from Lux. 5 seems a bit strange considering there is often more than 5 fixtures at any one time. 

Might be worth adding a few of the best Refs from around the world to the super leagues and cups.

Good point. I've added this to my to-do list for the next version. Thanks!

17 minutes ago, chucklechuck said:

A warning about this: a lot of the smaller clubs don't have histories for their players so end up having no/few players trained at club. Yes, AI will adapt to it.

You can set a new set of rules in the future, so the HG club rules start in say 2020, to allow the AI and human to get there stuff together. 

Im trying to balance prize money/tv money but it's really complicated because of non European clubs ( south america teams for example ) they have 10 000 000 € travels costs while EU clubs have around 2 to 5 000 000 € , then some teams get alot more gate receipts than others , example boca juniors get 20 000 000 € in a season when a team like let say fenerbahce in the same division only get 9 700 000 € which by the way has finances collapsing because of loan repayments and interest ( 24 000 000 € in a season:idiot:)

I think the only way is to not give much tv money/division position prize money and instead give huge per match win money

@chucklechuck  By the way , I found out why and I fixed the crash on my version of the database , now I can simulate an entire season without crash and everything seems fine except money balancing I am working on , Also I can now say I was right about this :

the reserves & u18 leagues is set to " get all teams from division X , team type reserve or u18 " , so If a senior team get promoted or relegated the next season the game check again what teams is in what division , I think this is how it works

Reserve/u18 division work as intended :D , no more u18 cup created out of nowhere with missing team , reserve/u18 division mirror the main team division but without promotion/relegation ( it follow the main team division as stated before ) no more regional division which I think sucked , no team is missing ( fixed italian and B/u21 team problem ) , added small per match money for reserve/u18 might up it a little bit because I think the travel cost also include reserve/u18 matches ?

On 02/01/2017 at 21:19, wkdsoul said:

You can set a new set of rules in the future, so the HG club rules start in say 2020, to allow the AI and human to get there stuff together. 

Ah, thanks. I didn't know that. I've been working only with the non-advanced editor as I found in the past it's a lot more stable but, as I mention up-thread, I might end up creating two versions of this in the future: a super-stable simple version, and an advanced beta version.

On 02/01/2017 at 22:38, sulo67 said:

@chucklechuck  By the way , I found out why and I fixed the crash on my version of the database , now I can simulate an entire season without crash and everything seems fine except money balancing I am working on , Also I can now say I was right about this :

the reserves & u18 leagues is set to " get all teams from division X , team type reserve or u18 " , so If a senior team get promoted or relegated the next season the game check again what teams is in what division , I think this is how it works

Reserve/u18 division work as intended :D , no more u18 cup created out of nowhere with missing team , reserve/u18 division mirror the main team division but without promotion/relegation ( it follow the main team division as stated before ) no more regional division which I think sucked , no team is missing ( fixed italian and B/u21 team problem ) , added small per match money for reserve/u18 might up it a little bit because I think the travel cost also include reserve/u18 matches ?

That's great news that you've got it working and thanks for your helpful input re: balancing finances. I've come to the view that it's pretty much impossible to get it balanced so at best we can get it so that it works well enough for almost all teams. In a previous version (2015?) I had very large prize monies for winning/drawing/losing matches and that seemed to work quite well. Then, in 2016 they changed something to do with how the game calculates travel costs and that was less of an issue. Now it seems we are back closer to how it was before.

hey , I have a great idea about travel cost , we could move the stadiums to Europe ! , example take corinthians , stadium is located in sao paulo , you can move it to lisboa in Portugal they speak Portuguese anyway :lol: , should fix travel cost problem what do you think of that

I got around the travel costs issue once in an old FM by dividing the longitudes and latitudes of cities with stadiums in the league by 10 - (90.34, -12.60) would become (9.03, -1.26) etc. An extremely tedious fix but it should work

ed: if you're sure you don't want regional divisions you can probably mass edit every city and stadium in the game to (0,0). Making every (If Nation is not: Luxembourg) club extinct will also make the system completely self-contained, if you want that, just an option so clubs don't produce regens outside of the setup

On 05/01/2017 at 19:45, sulo67 said:

hey , I have a great idea about travel cost , we could move the stadiums to Europe ! , example take corinthians , stadium is located in sao paulo , you can move it to lisboa in Portugal they speak Portuguese anyway :lol: , should fix travel cost problem what do you think of that

On 08/01/2017 at 12:03, Ruh Roh said:

I got around the travel costs issue once in an old FM by dividing the longitudes and latitudes of cities with stadiums in the league by 10 - (90.34, -12.60) would become (9.03, -1.26) etc. An extremely tedious fix but it should work

ed: if you're sure you don't want regional divisions you can probably mass edit every city and stadium in the game to (0,0). Making every (If Nation is not: Luxembourg) club extinct will also make the system completely self-contained, if you want that, just an option so clubs don't produce regens outside of the setup

Hmm... interesting thoughts, guys. I like the idea of a quick fix (e.g. set all stadiums to 0,0) but I'm not sure if that has any knock-on consequences beyond finances. Have you noticed anything in your tests? Does it change regens or make players reluctant to move or more likely to move or anything like that?

I hadn't thought before about making the system self-contained. It would be an interesting experiment. I'll run some tests when I get to the next version and see what the game is like after 20 years or so as a contained system. I would be a little worried the number of players in the game would fall, not sure.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions both of you!

On 05/01/2017 at 19:56, Johan 14 Cruyff said:

The finances are an issue, I'll run another test file later and hopefully provide some data regarding the profit/loss of some the teams that you might be able to use to improve things,

keep up the good work guys :thup:

That would be extremely helpful, thanks. I'm dead busy at work at the moment so haven't had a chance to work on the next version so any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

On 1/11/2017 at 02:53, chucklechuck said:

That would be extremely helpful, thanks. I'm dead busy at work at the moment so haven't had a chance to work on the next version so any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

can you place in match rules to have squad numbers registered for all the divisions ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2017 at 02:37, Cavenaghi99 said:

Any updates on such project ??? Seems promising but updates from anyone yet.

What updates are you waiting for? I won't have time to release the next version for a little while but the squad numbers thing is quite easy to add yourself if you want to :)

On 1/29/2017 at 02:09, chucklechuck said:

What updates are you waiting for? I won't have time to release the next version for a little while but the squad numbers thing is quite easy to add yourself if you want to :)

for sorry the editor isn't working thats why i did ask for your help :)

i would appreciate if you can help

Archived