[FM17][SKIN] VITREX17 v2.0 (updated 1.1.2017)

DimitriFromParis

6 hours ago, Maaka said:

Regarding the locator maps, how much of an effort would it take to make those represent a more correct location of the club? As of now, it "only" shows the country (specifically, the location of the country's capital, if I'm correct), but, especially for larger countries, it doesn't indicate where the club's located (i.e. L.A. Galaxy and D.C. United in the MLS would have the same "location", but are more than 2,500 miles apart..

Is it possible to pinpoint the city, or would that require way too much work?

Good skin, btw. :thup: 

It's a very big tast to take on, for a relatively small pleassure. I know Emil used like 3 weeks straight, to create the Debski's World of Hairstyles pack for Regens in 2014, which can be compared in the sense of amounts of pictures needed to be made. You can say these were worth it, as they play a major role in the visuals of long term saves - a city pic locator is something you maybe fall upon a couple of time each time you play the game, at most. Another thing is that if you didn't make a pic for each and every city/town in the game, you would not really have a way to create a fallback method, of a "neutral" city pic - as all cities without a specific picture assigned, would use this one, regardless of being in Beirut or Medellin. It could be done, just not worth the work, for such a small detail.

Edited by DimitriFromParis

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATED TO 1.3
Download here: http://www.fmscout.com/a-vitrex-fm17-skin.html

Update 1.3 changelog:
- Brand new Nation Overview
- Brand new Non-player/Manager Overview
- Brand new Team Report
- Competition News BBC style from Vitrex16 included
- New Social Feed News panel
- New Player Info hover popup panel
- New Instant Result popup panel
- New Player Attributes in boxes option
+ more

Update 1.3 Preview:
sw1Uo.jpg

sw2Xy.jpg

sws3i.jpg

swWEW.jpg

swuJZ.jpg

Hi,

How do you find the ID for city/town? as I want to add a picture to the 'Vitrex city pics'

I've tried using the pre game editor to get the ID of the cities but they're completely different to the ones in the picture pack.

Thanks for anyone that can help.

14 hours ago, DimitriFromParis said:

It's a very big tast to take on, for a relatively small pleassure. I know Emil used like 3 weeks straight, to create the Debski's World of Hairstyles pack for Regens in 2014, which can be compared in the sense of amounts of pictures needed to be made. You can say these were worth it, as they play a major role in the visuals of long term saves - a city pic locator is something you maybe fall upon a couple of time each time you play the game, at most. Another thing is that if you didn't make a pic for each and every city/town in the game, you would not really have a way to create a fallback method, of a "neutral" city pic - as all cities without a specific picture assigned, would use this one, regardless of being in Beirut or Medellin. It could be done, just not worth the work, for such a small detail.

Yeah, I get that it would be a big job, was just wondering.
I certainly hope that SI could get a map in the game by default some time, as that wouldn't require the task of assigning a pic to each city/town/location, as they'd already have their coordinates set in the db, and the map would just use those coordinates for referencing. But probably not for another couple of versions, I'd guess.

I've installed this because my skin of choice was causing too much lag. Not only does Vitrex solve that problem, but I'm immediately hooked. It truly is a lovely skin.

I reckon I'll stick with it as my default skin, but one thing I do miss is the ability to change backgrounds. I have my own set of lower-league 'stadia' (fields, really) that I've been using.

10 hours ago, Persee said:

Also can you fix this for people using the metallic flags please? (Kit behind the flag)

problem.jpg

Hes answered this one on his fb group.

This can be changed in the 'nation overview.xml' file found in Vitrex/panels/nation.

The lines affecting it are from 30-58:

<!--Kits and flag row-->
<container default_height="170" minimum_height="-1" priority="3">
<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1, -1, -1" offset="0" gap="0" />
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<widget class="kit_picture" id="T_hk" kit_id="0" scale_picture="true" keep_aspect_ratio="true" image_alignment="left">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left" inset="80" />
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="15" />
<boolean id="aull" value="true"/> <!-- needed for fantasty draft create club changes -->
<record id="object_property">
<integer id="get_property" value="Tftm" />
<integer id="set_property" value="Ttea" />
</record>
</widget>

<container>
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />
<!--flag-->
<widget class="picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="10" />

<boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true" />
<flags id="image_alignment" value="top" />
<integer id="get_property" value="mnpc" />
</record>
</widget>

</container>

or 

If you dont know much about skinning, you can have an easy fix, by decreasing the size of the flag this way. Change the inset value (now 10) to something higher like 20. This will make the flag smaller and appear in between the kits:

<container>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />
<!--flag-->
<widget class="picture" id="pict" scale_picture="true">
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="10" />

<boolean id="keep_aspect_ratio" value="true" />
<flags id="image_alignment" value="top" />
<integer id="get_property" value="mnpc" />
</record>
</widget>

</container>

Edited by wkdsoul

17 hours ago, xtsh said:

Hi,

How do you find the ID for city/town? as I want to add a picture to the 'Vitrex city pics'

I've tried using the pre game editor to get the ID of the cities but they're completely different to the ones in the picture pack.

Thanks for anyone that can help.

You can turn on ID's within the games menu under PREFERENCES -> INTERFACE. Then the number will appear in the titlebar under the country/team/player/tournament name.

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I've installed this because my skin of choice was causing too much lag. Not only does Vitrex solve that problem, but I'm immediately hooked. It truly is a lovely skin.

I reckon I'll stick with it as my default skin, but one thing I do miss is the ability to change backgrounds. I have my own set of lower-league 'stadia' (fields, really) that I've been using.

@phnompenhandy Thanks for the kind words :-). You can use backgrounds - where do you mean exatcly?

14 hours ago, Persee said:

Hey this skin is amazing however the city pics don't work I tried everything clearing cache, reloading etc..  Seems like many people have the same issue as me

It must be because some of your other graphics are interfering. Or their config.xml files to be exact. Especially if you are using metallic logos - or other graphical addons utilizing the "background logo left/right" widget - this is the one that normaly show a club/nation logo in the background, faded, in the header/titlebar of the game. Vitrex's citypack is utilizing this function, as the left/right background logos are unnecessary in the skin, so if you are having graphical stuff with config.xml files that ask the game to use their graphics as background logo left/right, it interfers with the city pack.

There are two ways to fix it:

1. Delete all the graphics (or simply deactivate their config files by renaming them) that are associated with the widget - like i said, i know metallic logos have them, in seperate subfolders under the name left/right.

2. Move the city pics directly into the Vitrex skin folder under 'Vitrex/graphics/pictures/' - the game will then prioritize them over whatever files you have in your normal graphics folder under 'Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\graphics'.

Not sure if it's skin related, or default for the game, but on the tactics screen, where are the shirt names taken from? I just noticed (after installing this skin) that it says "Sanchez" (not "Alexis"), "Cazorla" (not "S.Cazorla") and "Mesut Özil" (not "Özil"), instead of drawing the correct shirt names (which are in the db).
If it's skin related, could this be fixed?

18 minutes ago, Maaka said:

Not sure if it's skin related, or default for the game, but on the tactics screen, where are the shirt names taken from? I just noticed (after installing this skin) that it says "Sanchez" (not "Alexis"), "Cazorla" (not "S.Cazorla") and "Mesut Özil" (not "Özil"), instead of drawing the correct shirt names (which are in the db).
If it's skin related, could this be fixed?

You can change it in the game settings. Preferences -> Interface -> Tick off 'Use players' shirt name on tactics pitch'

4 hours ago, DimitriFromParis said:

You can turn on ID's within the games menu under PREFERENCES -> INTERFACE. Then the number will appear in the titlebar under the country/team/player/tournament name.

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for the reply. I see now, the ID used for the city pics is the same ID as the club and isn't linked to the ID of the actual city/town.

Edited by xtsh

5 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

I think he means the background selector option and maybe unaware of the problems it causes with crashes on FM17.  The only skin which has been reasonably stable with it was flut's beta version but even then it would still cause crashes. 

Yes, I mean that. In the graphics/backgrounds folder you just have a default picture whereas in the other skin I've been using I have a folder with 11 images and a config file that I can change via a GUI button. I never had any issues with crashes. That skin is Andromeda, by the way. 

58 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

Which version of Andromeda are you using? Every skin I've seen has dropped it for FM17.  I have version E of Andromeda for FM17 installed and I can't see the background selector option and I've also seen theBantams commenting on why he dropped it but I'm happy to be proven wrong...

Ah, good point. I had been using the first version of Andromeda Black. Okay, if you're saying no skinner can get the backgrounds to work properly, I'll live with that and stick with Vitrex. Cheers.

DimitriFromParis thank you for your excellent work and your skin! :applause:I hope there will be a Version for laptops, very good skin.

Hi guys, how could you put a flag on the view tab of the country? What code did You use? Thanks for any help.:)

11 hours ago, Dynasty said:

DimitriFromParis thank you for your excellent work and your skin! :applause:I hope there will be a Version for laptops, very good skin.

Hi guys, how could you put a flag on the view tab of the country? What code did You use? Thanks for any help.:)

@Dynasty Hi Dynasty. Thanks!

We have already changed that for the next update. You can't really at the moment, as the flag function is being used for the world map locator, which would just show you that one twice (as it already is shown once on the overview) - like i said, it has been changed for the 1.4 version, so it utilizes another widget, thereby freeing the flag function:

s39Ao.jpg

Edited by DimitriFromParis

6 minutes ago, TopToffee said:

Ahh ok, thanks for the info.

Yeah, I think I'll give that a miss and keep my fingers crossed that it gets updated - love the skin itself, just spoiled by that ugly red.

You could also just delete all x2 graphics in the skin folder - this should force the game to use the normal ones as far as i am aware.

This is just amazing.  Quite a simple question and apologies if it sounds direct. How long are we talking before something could be released for laptops?  I have to play with zoom and a lot of the amazing stuff just doesn't show correctly for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, mazza bul said:

This is just amazing.  Quite a simple question and apologies if it sounds direct. How long are we talking before something could be released for laptops?  I have to play with zoom and a lot of the amazing stuff just doesn't show correctly for obvious reasons.

Might be quicker to have a quick learn and play yourself, means each FM you can get dug in quicker if you know how to do it,  It how i started, now i pretty much make my own

On 01.12.2016 at 20:57, DimitriFromParis said:

We have already changed that for the next update. You can't really at the moment, as the flag function is being used for the world map locator, which would just show you that one twice (as it already is shown once on the overview) - like i said, it has been changed for the 1.4 version, so it utilizes another widget, thereby freeing the flag function:

Thank you! Will wait for the update!

7 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

One tiny point, actually. In my social media feed, I only get Facebook posts, never Twitter or anything else. The icons are in the icons folder but they don't show up.

the logo is on the paper background for the items. its not a swtichable logo, its on image the logo and the bar iteself

4 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

So is there an in-game or other reason why 100% of my social media feeds are Facebook?

yeah vitrex has the paper file set that way.

look in the graphics/boxes/custom/feed/social item, you'll see the graphic thats used.  There is an alt paper file (on emils fm page) for twitter but you cant have both

Just now, wkdsoul said:

yeah vitrex has the paper file set that way.

look in the graphics/boxes/custom/feed/social item, you'll see the graphic thats used.  There is an alt paper file (on emils fm page) for twitter but you cant have both

Oh. I prefer Twitter - I'll noddle around.