Sports Interactive Community
elhazel

Random People From Social Feed Predicting a Wonderkid's PA and it's 99% Accurate!

Today I just found out that sometimes random people on your Social Feed ACCURATELY predicting a player's PA (Potential Ability). I know, it sounds silly, right? But check it out:

I'm using RBL on my game, and as usual, there will be a busy day during youth intake day. You know, hijacking potential regen wonderkids from around the world. Then suddenly I've struck out at one regen that I saw has a great potential, the name is Arjan Grata. Trusting my instinct alone, without sending any scouts to analyze him, I sent a contract to this young lad.

As usual, whenever you throw a bid to any player, suddenly random generated 'people' on your social feed would comment after your act. But there's one comment that I see different from any other comment.

"Blatantly PA 200" - Emely Budde

Curious, I downloaded FMRTE 17 at once. With its beta feature, I scouted him (Arjan Grata, the player). Then I almost fell off my chair, laughed.

It's true, this kid's PA is 199. Yes, that Emely Budde lad is like God of Scout.

I also attached the screenshot. Now I've found my little Messi, now it's your turn. Watch your social feed, people, have fun finding another New Messi!

1.png

2.png

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

Obviously the game should never refer directly to 'PA'. Either it's a bug or something has been edited.  Have you added or altered any  media files?

Nope. Not at all. Just bought this game 3 days ago, I have almost zero ability to edit such files. What else can I do to convince you that this was a truth?

I wonder if this is an attempt by the game to be self-referential, akin to the comments you see sometimes about boards having to ignore all the usual "Football Manager" job applicants?

2 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

I wonder if this is an attempt by the game to be self-referential, akin to the comments you see sometimes about boards having to ignore all the usual "Football Manager" job applicants?

Possibly, I've played two seasons now and not seen any comments like that.

I have been playing at a much lower level though so that particular comment might be reserved for fans of top tier clubs perhaps.

4 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

That could be true. It would be funny to see any 'virtual Football Manager players' point of view on your feed from our point of view from being a 'real manager'.

3 hours ago, Pompey1978 said:

This.  I guess it's an "Easter Egg" of sorts, fourth-wall stuff.  Nothing more to it than that, nice touch.

39 minutes ago, forameuss said:

This.  I guess it's an "Easter Egg" of sorts, fourth-wall stuff.  Nothing more to it than that, nice touch.

Can't agree that it's a nice touch, PA is not a football term so it shouldn't be referenced in the way that it has.

3 hours ago, elhazel said:

That could be true. It would be funny to see any 'virtual Football Manager players' point of view on your feed from our point of view from being a 'real manager'.

This is another one I dislike & comes across as a silly little inside joke.

He's about as ambitious as me.. Just want to sit inside and play FM all day. Better get him tutored! :brock:

It's obviously an Easter Egg. Most of the social feed comments are absolute rubbish and contradicted by other comments, so don't be surprised if another "Blatantly 200PA" player turns out to never be any better than a squad player...

No, I don't like it at all. FM creates a fictitious universe in which you're a football manager. Funny mentions of 'Football Manager applicants' is part of that universe, but mentions of Potential Ability definitely is not. There's something very wrong here.

I bet the same news item will come up quite often for players who in fact have lower PA. It is clearly self-referential and not in any way worse that your assistant scout telling you a youth has 5 star potential.

3awSevk.png

I had the same message about a Brazilian Série B player.

He never made a first team appearance and is now a free agent :D

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

No, I don't like it at all. FM creates a fictitious universe in which you're a football manager. Funny mentions of 'Football Manager applicants' is part of that universe, but mentions of Potential Ability definitely is not. There's something very wrong here.

Might just be someone making a joke about a 'real life' player being so good that if he was in football manager, he'd be 200pa .... if you see what I mean.

It's absolutely fine and the sort of comment you could potentially get from a twitter user who plays FM. 

No need for anyone to get worked up over it :D 

Y

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

Might just be someone making a joke about a 'real life' player being so good that if he was in football manager, he'd be 200pa .... if you see what I mean.

Yup, just like that, I kept getting comments saying it about a player that my club were linked to that was certainly nowhere near 200pa. The comment has also never ever referenced another pa number. That BALLER comment always comes along with it.

Just a sheer fluke that the op checked and his regen was in fact near it.

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

It is clearly exactly the same as the "football manager applicants" line. It is a bit of tongue-in-cheek referencing to itself. It clearly is not going to give spoilers on PA. I think you have a slight over-reacting to this.

On 13/11/2016 at 10:07, Pompey1978 said:

There's also a line where a fan says after a big win "I still couldn't wait to get back to my FM save" or similar.

On 11/13/2016 at 05:07, Pompey1978 said:

Yeah, I've also seen someone joke about "set it to reject all offers!" after I turned down a bid for a well-liked young player.