Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
anagain

Social Feed is too cluttered and too inaccessible to alter large save games

Why am I subscribed automatically to job news from every league in my game? My game is full up of news of sackings in the Swedish lower leagues.

So I decide to change it and am met with even more inaccessibility.

1. Why does the list jump to the top every time I remove a league? I move down the list and remove Sweden and it scrolls back to the top leagues...I have to scroll back down again to get to lower leagues.

2. Why is there not a way to mass remove categories, i.e. remove all manager sackings?

3. Ideally you'd have options to filter news by level, i.e. more in depth news from top divisions.

4. If I sort by alphabetical it refreshes to the base sort when I remove an item. Why?

5. I'm inclined to remove the lot and go to individual leagues to subscribe individually. I shouldn't feel that need.

I know someone will say this should be in the feedback thread, but I felt it was such a big issue that it needed it's own thread, and I couldn't really find a thread that answered my concerns.

I know I could spend 10 minutes setting it up how I like it, but it really needs to be more accessible. The auto-scroll to top is ridiculous and is something that's been in FM (on various screens) for a while now. I'm sure people have complained about it before, but here it is still included.

Perhaps it would be nice to allow a user to export their social feed settings and change them out of game. The in game tools are not up to the job.

Just make a custom template from what you want and save it. Than select all items and chose the template you made for all leagues or cups.

17 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Just make a custom template from what you want and save it. Than select all items and chose the template you made for all leagues or cups.

That is something I hadn't considered, but it's still way too much work because I want higher leagues (that I'm more interested in) to have more news. I can't really do that. The auto scroll is the biggest hassle. I've trimmed my list of subscribed leagues and it's still a pain to have to scroll back down every time I make a change.

There's no reason it needs to auto scroll. Get rid of that and it would be bearable.

I know it is a bigger hassle for me, because I have the whole of Europe loaded, but it really needs refining for future editions.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, @KUBI. I know I'm sounding a bit bratty here, but I think this is a big oversight.

Edited by anagain

I think this is a UI bug and you should report it in the bugs forum.

14 minutes ago, KUBI said:

I think this is a UI bug and you should report it in the bugs forum.

Okay, I will do.

56 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Oooooh, how do you do that?

Click on the pencil, untick everything you don't want in the subscription, close it, now it says "custom", click on the pencil again, save it under a different name. Now select all rows and change it to your saved subscription.