FM 17: Leeds United - Pontus Janssons Magic...

JJSaxton

49 minutes ago, Coolio5 said:

what role do you give Antonsson? If it looks like you are home and dry play Viera over Bridcutt. By season two on my game he was better than him so it might speed up his progress. Bridcutt did get injured for 5 months of my season 1 though. I also wouldn't rush into signing Bartley personally. He's average for me in prem, but was decent in championship.

Ok thanks for the tips.

Antonsson is DLF on attack duty, he didn't get involved enough as AF. And not good enough for CF.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Has Calvin Phillips developed well for anyone? He has been impressive when he's played but as per my coaching team his potential doesn't seem to be too high. Compared to Vieira for example.

back up player for me in season 2, but hasn't made the 18 man squad yet. Trying to send him on loan.

So I started again and here is who I signed:

GK Cristian Bonilla (£300K), Atletico Nacional.

DR Madson (£1.6M), VDG, Yarouba Cissako (free).

DL Cristian Ramirez (£1.2M) , Ferencvaros.

DC Luan (£4.5M), VDG, Israel Puerto (free).

DMC Mohammed Sissoko (£30K) Pune, Edwin Valencia (£80k) SAN, Diego Poyet (free).

MC Andres Roa (£650K), Deportivo Cali, Jefferson Orejuela (£400K), Independiente del Valle, Carlos Soler (£600K compensation), Valencia, Sinan Keskin (free).

AMR Javier Charcopa, (£350K), Emelec, Feiz Shamsin (free).

AML Angel Mena (£575K), Emelec.

ST Harold Preciado (£2M), Deportivo Cali, Lucas Cavallini (£210K), Fenix.

There is great value to be had in Colombia and Ecuador and I've just scratched the surface of the quality players available there. Colombia in particular is a 'gem mine'. Meanwhile Roa and Mena in particular are top players. I'm tracking a number of further players, who will get w/ps, but are not interested in signing for Leeds just now. The fees for Madson, Ramirez, Luan and Preciado included some 48 month payments. Thanks to Macca for Soler and JJ for Preciado. The Ramirez, Sissoko and Roa signings are thanks to the gems thread and the shortlist contained in there. It's very interesting reading.

I'm into mid-October 2016 in game and the following arrive on 1.1.17:

DR Borja San Emeterio (£900K compensation), Sevilla.

DL Lucas Olaza (free), Danubio, no w/p.

AMR Jonathan Gonzales (£700K) Leon.

ST Talles (£600K) VDG, Orlando Berrio (£185K), Atletico Nacional.

I'll post the further transfer activity in the next couple of days.

32 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

That is a lot of transfers!! 

Did you sell a lot of players too?

how you getting work permits for all these South Americans ? 

Yes I cleared out the squad. I like to build my own team and try to push the quality of the squad.

They get work permits without any difficulty. The advice from Welshace explains how. It has literally transformed the game for me. I think that you can build a team that could compete in the Premiership for £20-25M.

6 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I think the part he's wondering is how you managed to get the 7-8million or so to buy those players.

Assume, he'd be interested on  who you sold etc.

Oh, I see. Here you go:

In date order:

O'Kane £1.6M

Diagouraga £1.1M

Taylor £4.6M

Dallas £3.1M.

Silvestri £1M.

Turnbull £200K.

Ayling £625K.

Bridcutt £4.2M.

Antonnson £2M.

Cooper £1.2M (£1.7M).

Doukara £600K.

Loaned out Murphy & Roofe (complained in previous save about game time) to save on wages and adjust budget.

Jesus christ, thanks for the advice on Lasagna. He is absolutely ridiculous for me. 32 games played in the first season and he has scored 36(!) and has 8 assists. We're top of the league with 4 points. Much thanks to my beloved Lasagna.

1 hour ago, Nicko Blaggo said:

So I started again and here is who I signed:

GK Cristian Bonilla (£300K), Atletico Nacional.

DR Madson (£1.6M), VDG, Yarouba Cissako (free).

DL Cristian Ramirez (£1.2M) , Ferencvaros.

DC Luan (£4.5M), VDG, Israel Puerto (free).

DMC Mohammed Sissoko (£30K) Pune, Edwin Valencia (£80k) SAN, Diego Poyet (free).

MC Andres Roa (£650K), Deportivo Cali, Jefferson Orejuela (£400K), Independiente del Valle, Carlos Soler (£600K compensation), Valencia, Sinan Keskin (free).

AMR Javier Charcopa, (£350K), Emelec, Feiz Shamsin (free).

AML Angel Mena (£575K), Emelec.

ST Harold Preciado (£2M), Deportivo Cali, Lucas Cavallini (£210K), Fenix.

There is great value to be had in Colombia and Ecuador and I've just scratched the surface of the quality players available there. Colombia in particular is a 'gem mine'. Meanwhile Roa and Mena in particular are top players. I'm tracking a number of further players, who will get w/ps, but are not interested in signing for Leeds just now. The fees for Madson, Ramirez, Luan and Preciado included some 48 month payments. Thanks to Macca for Soler and JJ for Preciado. The Ramirez, Sissoko and Roa signings are thanks to the gems thread and the shortlist contained in there. It's very interesting reading.

I'm into mid-October 2016 in game and the following arrive on 1.1.17:

DR Borja San Emeterio (£900K compensation), Sevilla.

DL Lucas Olaza (free), Danubio, no w/p.

AMR Jonathan Gonzales (£700K) Leon.

ST Talles (£600K) VDG, Orlando Berrio (£185K), Atletico Nacional.

I'll post the further transfer activity in the next couple of days.

blimey! Lets hope Brexit doesn't kill your strategy!! Does anyone know the date when that comes up in the news item on fm?

3 minutes ago, Coolio5 said:

blimey! Lets hope Brexit doesn't kill your strategy!! Does anyone know the date when that comes up in the news item on fm?

Really good point that. I'm currently assuming that the non-EU work permit rules would still apply.. Make for an interesting game if they change.

8 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Brilliant sales there.. good to see it's still possible to do... even though, finding the quality we could in previous editions isn't quite there on this one.

Thank you, I just try to work on the basis of taking the money when I can. The w/p info together with scouting in game has made things really interesting for me this year.

13 minutes ago, macca72 said:

Great work Nicko.

Has anyone come across Brexit yet? I'm building my transfers for 1st season in Prem (which I think is going to be almost impossible) and don't know whether to steer towards UK players.

I decided that I wouldn't waste my time, so I downloaded the file that makes the UK stay in the EU (check in the editors hideaway if you're interested)

Just had a brilliant result in the EFL Cup Quarters:

EFL_Quarters.png

Team started terribly then turned things around before introducing Preciado late on ready for Extra Time finished the game off. Cant wait to see who I get drawn for the semi's.

And I've just drawn Newcastle in the Semis so a chance for a Final is on the cards all going well.

Anyone else in prem in season 2? I'm 8 games in with only 9 points on the board, but I've played man u, arsenal, spurs and Liverpool within that lot.

I've had to play on counter and change tactics completely in order to stop shipping so many goals. How have others approached it? I just think my team is so much poorer than the big boys I cant play more attacking.

9 minutes ago, Coolio5 said:

Anyone else in prem in season 2? I'm 8 games in with only 9 points on the board, but I've played man u, arsenal, spurs and Liverpool within that lot.

I've had to play on counter and change tactics completely in order to stop shipping so many goals. How have others approached it? I just think my team is so much poorer than the big boys I cant play more attacking.

I've just played three games in PL so far. I went from an attacking approach to a counter-mentality. So far one loss against Man Utd. Won against Liverpool and Everton. Pretty happy at the moment. But it could change rather quickly... I feel a bit lucky.

Managed to pick up Mauricio Lemos from Las Palmas as they were relegated from La Liga. 9m euro. What a steal.

22 minutes ago, nubbe said:

Managed to pick up Mauricio Lemos from Las Palmas as they were relegated from La Liga. 9m euro. What a steal.

That looks like a great signing! Has joined Chelsea for £26 Million in my save.

9 hours ago, JJSaxton said:

That looks like a great signing! Has joined Chelsea for £26 Million in my save.

making my Jordan Rhodes signing looking a bit pathetic!! Ha ha. To be fair to him he is 1 in 2 so far in a poor team.

14 hours ago, macca72 said:

Great work Nicko.

Has anyone come across Brexit yet? I'm building my transfers for 1st season in Prem (which I think is going to be almost impossible) and don't know whether to steer towards UK players.

Thanks Macca.

It will be very interesting to see what SI have so far coded into the game for Brexit.

I'm working on the basis that non-EU work permits rules will remain the same post any Brexit. The work permit sytem has operated for a number of years and has contributed to a major commercial success in the Premier League. For a variety of reasons I think Government will want this to continue, for example due to taxation revenue. I don't see this as applying to future EU work permits if a 'hard' Brexit applies however and could see the current non-EU work permit rules applying to EU players post Brexit. 

So, in summary, I'm going to continue to look for value in the market using the existing non-EU work permit rules. If I'm wrong then I figure I can always have another fire sale. :)

Currently Sat top of the championship midway through January of the first season, won the first leg of the Semi Finals in the EFL Cup against Newcastle 4-2 at Elland Road so hopefully as long as nothing goes majorly wrong at St James Park I should be able to book a place against Manchester United in the final (Not holding any hopes of beating them).

Pablo Hernandez has just left the squad with me not been able to extend his loan contract and not wanting to pay 1 million for him. And with the free up of wages that this has brought I decided to dip my toes into the loan market to see who was available for the second half of the season and when I saw this player I just couldn't resist bringing him home for 6 months:

Lewis_cook.png

I'd say that my midfield was probably one of the strong areas at the moment with Eunan O'Kane been a star performer and my Top scorer in the league. But when the chance to bring Cook back presents itself its something that needs to be done.

Heres a brief outlook of how Eunan O'Kane has done for me after 25 league games, hes been a real surprise package and definitely the first name on the team sheet for me (Now worth 9.5 Million apparently):

Eunan_Okane.png

Eunan_Okane_stats.png

1 minute ago, JJSaxton said:

Currently Sat top of the championship midway through January of the first season, won the first leg of the Semi Finals in the EFL Cup against Newcastle 4-2 at Elland Road so hopefully as long as nothing goes majorly wrong at St James Park I should be able to book a place against Manchester United in the final (Not holding any hopes of beating them).

Pablo Hernandez has just left the squad with me not been able to extend his loan contract and not wanting to pay 1 million for him. And with the free up of wages that this has brought I decided to dip my toes into the loan market to see who was available for the second half of the season and when I saw this player I just couldn't resist bringing him home for 6 months:

Lewis_cook.png

I'd say that my midfield was probably one of the strong areas at the moment with Eunan O'Kane been a star performer and my Top scorer in the league. But when the chance to bring Cook back presents itself its something that needs to be done.

Heres a brief outlook of how Eunan O'Kane has done for me after 25 league games, hes been a real surprise package and definitely the first name on the team sheet for me:

Eunan_Okane.png

Eunan_Okane_stats.png

wow. I played him as my sitter with Mowatt going forward.

1 minute ago, Coolio5 said:

wow. I played him as my sitter with Mowatt going forward.

I originally planned on selling him and offered him out a number of times over the first few weeks but nobody was interested. 

Because he didn't sell I decided he may as well be used and hes been brilliant. Really happy he attracted no interest. Hes been playing as just a standard CM Attack no extra tactical instructions added.

January of the second season and things are looking good. nice three way race to be involved in and just changed expactations to make the play offs. Defensively sound but for the odd freak result. Definite highlight was a 4-0 thrashing of Brighton (3rd v 5th at the time). Got through to semis of league cup without having to beat anyne from prem but got Chelsea in the semis so cant see us going to wembley.

Would reccomend anyone try and get Locatelli in on loan - absolutely bossing it. on a side note, always noce to see someone from the game on the gossip pages IRL. Picked Llorente up for £450k and doing ok for me but im also trying to bring Vieira through.

jan fixtures.png

jan squad.png

jan table.png

llorente.png

llorente2.png

Picked up Jansson, Moussa Dembele (the striker at celtic) and Mauricio Lemos after my first season and to prepare for Premier League. It went, well … a lot better than I imagined. Dembele scored 26(!) in the league losing out only to Arsenals Icardi (27). The board gave me a nice transfer kitty for the upcoming CL-games. I have no clue what so ever who to buy though. Could need another striker and a right back. Perhaps a cm as well... Tips? Got about 50 m euros.

Skärmavbild 2016-12-01 kl. 17.50.06.png

7 hours ago, adj said:

January of the second season and things are looking good. nice three way race to be involved in and just changed expactations to make the play offs. Defensively sound but for the odd freak result. Definite highlight was a 4-0 thrashing of Brighton (3rd v 5th at the time). Got through to semis of league cup without having to beat anyne from prem but got Chelsea in the semis so cant see us going to wembley.

Would reccomend anyone try and get Locatelli in on loan - absolutely bossing it. on a side note, always noce to see someone from the game on the gossip pages IRL. Picked Llorente up for £450k and doing ok for me but im also trying to bring Vieira through.

jan fixtures.png

jan squad.png

jan table.png

llorente.png

llorente2.png

It is interesting how similar our saves are. I was in exactly your spot in January year 2.  I finished year 2 last night, won the EPL cup over City 2-1 and won the league by one point on the last day by beating reading who had lead the league all year. Very odd.

Just an fyi I was able to grab Polencia (sp?) from Barca at RB/LB for 350K in January. Very highly rated Wonderkid who can play both sides. Once he settles in he really turns it on.  Was given 21M for my first year in Premiership and they upgraded our youth ranking. Mowatt carried the team on his back the last three weeks. He was fantastic.  

My only transfer so far is acquiring Luke Garbutt for 2.4M hoping to improve service to my forwards.  Viera is developing very nicely, I play him both as DLPD and CMS.

Cheers.

21 hours ago, JJSaxton said:

21 hours ago, JJSaxton said:

I originally planned on selling him and offered him out a number of times over the first few weeks but nobody was interested. 

Because he didn't sell I decided he may as well be used and hes been brilliant. Really happy he attracted no interest. Hes been playing as just a standard CM Attack no extra tactical instructions added.

That is incredible what you did with O'Kane!! He was very average for me in the first season and I have been thinking of moving him on. He did however sell the 5th most shirts at the club :D

14 hours ago, nubbe said:

Picked up Jansson, Moussa Dembele (the striker at celtic) and Mauricio Lemos after my first season and to prepare for Premier League. It went, well … a lot better than I imagined. Dembele scored 26(!) in the league losing out only to Arsenals Icardi (27). The board gave me a nice transfer kitty for the upcoming CL-games. I have no clue what so ever who to buy though. Could need another striker and a right back. Perhaps a cm as well... Tips? Got about 50 m euros.

Skärmavbild 2016-12-01 kl. 17.50.06.png

Amazing job! What a first season in the Prem! 

What does your tactic & first team look like?

**UPDATE**

I have completed my first season, finished comfortably on top despite a poor run of results towards the end of the campaign. We almost hit 100 goals in the league but fell just short. Antonsson finished 2nd top scorer behind Nahi Wells, with 27 league goals. 

Have started planning for next season already. Been handed a transfer budget of 22 million & wage budget of around 400k. Lot of loan players are going to be going back so some major surgery required on the team.

GK - Green is leaving, not renewing his contract. I am signing Alex Smithies for around 3 million from QPR. Only transfer confirmed so far.

DEF - have tried thrice to sign Pontus but his wage demands are crazy! Offered him up to 25k per week but still rejected. Anyone signed him? Have agreed terms with Bartley but not confirmed it yet as unsure about him. Also I see that Bellusci looks quite good, did anyone play him in the Prem? Currently going into next season my only proper defenders are Stephens, Mings, Ayling, Berardi & Bellusci so definitely need another couple of players here.

MID - thinking of moving on O'Kane as I mentioned. That would leave me with Mowatt, Vieira, Bridcutt and Phillips for 3 spots. So I would need to bring in somebody here too.

FWD - with all the loanees gone, I will be left with just Antonsson, Roofe, and Wood. So definitely need a couple of players here too.

Lot of players crying for new contracts and want a wage increase of 3-4x like Antonsson & Wood. Madness. 

I have a deal happening with Batshuayi from Chelsea (he is transfer listed) - 11 million up front was the non-negotiable offer they made after I asked them to keep funding 50% of his wages. I am not sure whether to push this through or not. On the one hand, he is clearly a quality player much better than what I currently have. And would be a very high profile signing for the club. On the other hand, that will be over half my remaining budget gone and leave me with around 8 million to strengthen defence & midfield. Thoughts?

Gonna be a busy summer either way :)

I'm up! after being in contention all season a horendous run of draws looked like it was going to cost me but all i had to do was win my final game of the season at home to all ready relegated Preston. Of course i lost 2-1. onto the playoffs again then and a local derby against Hull. A comfortable 3-1 away win in the first leg meant that a 2-2 draw at home in the return wasn't too bad. Another derby in the final against Wednesday and guess what - antoher draw! though thistime the penalty lotery was more favourable with my boys not missing one! Signing of the season was Locatelli who picked up both young player and player of the season for the championship after which he dedicated both awards tp me. Attempting to cash in on the mutual love i made what i thought was a reasonale offer of £9m up front with another £& in easily achievable clauses. Milan looked at my suggestion and said they'd be happy with £146m up front!!! Preying i can get him on loan again next seaon as he's defo good enough for the prem. been given £21m to spend but surgery is required, particlularly up front. Antonsson did well for me but when he got injured i struggled. Splashed £1.7 on Joselu in Jan and in 13 games he contributed 1 assist and no goals. H's on his way out for £500k ASAP

Taking a break from this save now as starting an Everton challenge with some friends

final fixtures.png

final table.png

This is an update to my post on 17th Nov. Real life has been getting in the way of FM and so not progressed as far as I had hoped. Note, all values are in GBP. I have an MSI laptop with an american keyboard and can't seem to find a pound sign

Game now at 1st Feb 17 and Leeds sitting in 7th with 45 points, 1 point off play offs. Norwich top with 59

Had really dodgy run from 5th Nov to 2nd Jan. W 1 D 6 L 3.   5 of draws were 0-0 including 4 on bounce !! I lost the plot tactics wise during this period, switching around and generally messing it up. It was the FA cup 3rd round that proved a turning point on results. Won 4 1 at Blackburn with Strandberg getting a hat trick. He had been massively off form for weeks before then. I have since won 2 and drawn 1 of the league games in Jan with a simplification of my  4 2 3 1. Having had Man U in the EFL cup 4th round (lost 1 0 away) I also got them at home in the FA cup 4th round at the end of Jan and Leeds lost 2 0. Had 3 key injuries during that game due to their thuggish tactics (Str, AMC and AMR) Their aggressive style of play came up after the game during the post match interview

Jan 17 transfer activity:-

Berardi gone off to Preston on loan with a compulsory buy at the end of season. Having returned from injury, he was not really up to it with Ayling playing far better

Diagouraga sold for 1m. I had played him a few times but not that impressive and decided to cash in with Vieira coming through strongly (See below)

Enzo Zidane returned to Real Madrid after I terminated his loan. he was not really up to it and was complaining about lack of game time

Signed Albert Adomah on loan from Middlesboro with an option to buy at season end if he proves to be any good. First signs look encouraging with 2 assists in 2 games

Signed Nelson Oliveira to try and sort out my goal scoring issues. Valued at 6.5 million he was transfer listed with an asking price of 2.2m and I got him right at end of the window (Most of fee on instalments). His stats look good and he already had quite a few goals for the season. Had to give him 20k pw with loads of extras though

Signed Jadson on loan as MC cover with a cheapish optional buy clause at season end. He is Brazillian and young, so I wasn't sure what would happen re work permit. He got one though (Is there somewhere in the game that sets out the rules on WPs?)

I didn't try to sign Hernandez as he had injury issues (As in real life) and I wanted to spend money elsewhere and save his large wages. Not sure why his loan finished after the end of the window and not during it

Lewie Coyle had been away on loan at Millwall for the first half of the season and doing very well. winning young player awards. I terminated the loan in Jan and will be using him at DR to replace Berardi. I gave him new contract earlier in season and he now worth 1m with very good potential ability rating

Nearly got Lewis Cook on loan but he chose to go to Celtic instead

Plus points from first half of season:-

Ronaldo Vieira coming along very nicely. I have been using him in first team (7 starts and 10 as sub) and he now worth 2.4 m with a superb potential ability rating. I gave him a new contract in about October time and he signed up until 2020. I was forced to accept a release clause for higher league clubs though. It was locked on the screen and I could only put up the value of it. After some twoing and froing it was set at 15m. He is going to be quite some player in my save. I was concerned that someone would come in for him during the window but it didn't happen

Star players. Dallas with 9 goals and many POM awards, now worth 6.75m. Jansson, Cooper, Bartley, Martins, Mossa all solid in defence. I think that Stephens will be ok as well but limited opportunities so far. O'kane very good and now worth 7.75m.  Also Mowatt good now worth 7.25m. Silvestre much better than I anticipated and now worth 4.9m (Green hasn't had a look in and, surprisingly, hasn't complained}. 

Biggest surprise. Getting some free money in January. Part way into the month some transfer clauses re Luke Garbut (Sold to Everton some years ago) opened up due to board negotiations and I was able to cash them in. There were about 4 clauses that I raised approx 1.4m from. Fortunately, right at the start of Jan I asked the board to increase the percentage of transfer fees available to me and they put it up from 55% to 70% and this really helped with the Diagouraga sale happening as well

Disappointments:-

Even though Strandberg has 10 goals, he lacks consistency and just seems to be on or off. He may not get much more game time if Oliveira works out

Wood very disappointing. Has spent quite a bit of time injured and I think I will move him on a end of season

Bridcutt had injury problems as well but his biggest issue is yellow cards. 11 so far. Some may have been down to me playing him as a ball winning MC where hard tackling is built in!!

Poyet and Armstrong not shining yet but, to be fair, their opportunities have been limited

I can now concentrate on the league and try and get a play off place. Auto promotion looks a bit far away. Norwich first on 59 points and Villa second on 56

Good luck to all you fellow Leeds FM players

Interesting window so far...

2rpwbax.png

Pretty happy with what I've got. Really looking forward to seeing Dembele and Preciado, although I've turned down a couple of £20m+ offers for Preciado.

Gaston Gil is a trusted option, had him a lot (as a few of us will have) in the last couple of versions and he's rock solid.

Nothing of real note out, O'Kane and Bellusci both for £3.8m, so essentially they paid for Dembele, which is a decent swap in my eyes.

Still a bit short, need a GK, CD and maybe a CM or AM. One I'm keeping a close eye on is Berahino, he's got no clubs interested in him at the moment and is on his month to month with west brom, If he stays being avoided by clubs I might be able to snag him so Mowatt can drop back to CM.

Bambock got injured for 5 months, which is a shame as he's incredibly solid.

Might look into the loan market, I've tried a few (Kranevitter, Odegaard) but none are interested or too expensive (Arsenal wanted 500k per month for Chambers.)

As always, advice / thoughts welcome.

1 hour ago, macca72 said:

Interesting window so far...

2rpwbax.png

Pretty happy with what I've got. Really looking forward to seeing Dembele and Preciado, although I've turned down a couple of £20m+ offers for Preciado.

Gaston Gil is a trusted option, had him a lot (as a few of us will have) in the last couple of versions and he's rock solid.

Nothing of real note out, O'Kane and Bellusci both for £3.8m, so essentially they paid for Dembele, which is a decent swap in my eyes.

Still a bit short, need a GK, CD and maybe a CM or AM. One I'm keeping a close eye on is Berahino, he's got no clubs interested in him at the moment and is on his month to month with west brom, If he stays being avoided by clubs I might be able to snag him so Mowatt can drop back to CM.

Bambock got injured for 5 months, which is a shame as he's incredibly solid.

Might look into the loan market, I've tried a few (Kranevitter, Odegaard) but none are interested or too expensive (Arsenal wanted 500k per month for Chambers.)

As always, advice / thoughts welcome.

I've got Gil Romero in my shortlist too Macca. I'm a couple of games away from promotion so I am looking forward to the transfer activity and I'll post it in the next day or so. I still need to do an update on the January 2017 window. One player that I did sign was Fabian Noguera (remember him?) who again gets a w/p this year. He runs his contract down at SAN in Brazil and can be picked up for a very reasonable fee. Infact if you hold your nerve (I didn't) you can get him on a free. Think Jansson but cheaper and younger.

Cheers Nicko.

I'd forgotten about Noguera, he's gone on a short term loan elsewhere, but I'll look at him for Jan.

I got Berahino, absolutely made up with that, although him and Dembele are on some decent wages, so really need them to pay off.  I've got a pretty good front 3 for 1st season back, the challenge is going to be keeping the goals out.

1 hour ago, macca72 said:

Cheers Nicko.

I'd forgotten about Noguera, he's gone on a short term loan elsewhere, but I'll look at him for Jan.

I got Berahino, absolutely made up with that, although him and Dembele are on some decent wages, so really need them to pay off.  I've got a pretty good front 3 for 1st season back, the challenge is going to be keeping the goals out.

That is a very explosive front line Macca.

Noguera is a bit of a monster isn't he?

21 minutes ago, Nicko Blaggo said:

That is a very explosive front line Macca.

Noguera is a bit of a monster isn't he?

He looks very good yes, also tracking a lad called Alfie Mawson at Swansea.  He's unhappy as wants a 1st team chance, valued at £1.2m but they want £7m for him, I'm sitting tight on him as if he kicks up a fuss and wants transfer listing he might be a bargain, much like Stephens was.

So, January 2017 transfer window business:

Outs:

Robert Green (mutual termination). He was behind Bonilla and was complaining about lack of game time and I wanted his wages off the books.

Berardi (£825K).

Vann (£875K). Swansea showed interest..

Matty Downing (£1M). Swansea again.

Lucas Olaza (loan), no w/p.

Jefferson Orejuela (£3.9M). A good return on the £400k paid.

Angel Mena (£3.1M). Good profit on the £575K paid for him.

Mohammed Sissoko (£550K). Declining quickly and good profit on the £30k paid.

Edwin Valencia (£850K). Good profit on the £80K paid.

Lucas Cavallini (£975K). A good return on the £210K fee.

Chris Wood (loan). Complaining about game time and it moved his wages off the books.

Ins:

Borja San Emeterio, DR, (£900K compensation) Sevilla.

Lucas Olaza, DL, (free), Danubio. No w/p.

Orlando Berrio, ST, (£185K), Atletico Nacional. Not quite Preciado, but a quality player.

Thalles, ST, (£600K), VDG. Top player.

Jefferson Lerma, MC, (£5M, most over 48 months), Levante. Top player.

Fabian Noguera, DC, (£1.3M), SAN.

Jadson, MC, (£350K),  Udinese.

Juan Pablo Nieto, MC, (£54K, not a typing error), Junior. Good player for a bargain fee.

Jai Quitongo, AMR, (buy now £73K), Morton.

Eughan O'Connell, DC (buy now £105K), Celtic.

Gennaro De Simone, MC (buy now £15K), Napoli.

As Macca and I discussed above, Noguera is a top player.

Following swiftly on, promotion to the Premier League was achieved in early April and with some alteration of wage and transfer budget I had roughly £27M to spend. This is what I did:

Camilo Vargas, GK, (£875K), Atletico Nacional. Solid Premiership quality.

Mayke, DR, (£5.75M), CEC.

Frank Fabra, DL, (£1.7M), Boca.

Samir, DC (£4.8M), Udinese.

Carlos Gruezo, DMC (£5.5M), F C Dallas.

Gaston Gil Romero, MC (£3.8M), Estudiantes.

Juan Ignacio Duma, AML, (free), Huachipato.

Hachim Mastour, AML, (free), Milan. Top potential.

Andres Ibarguen, ST, (£1,1M, Atletico Nacional. Not quite Preciado but good quality at the price.

So, I spent the lot. I'd like Marcelo Meli, MC, to complete the midfield and I'm hoping that he gets transfer listed in this save. With what I'm keeping, it's a decent side for the Premier League.

16 minutes ago, macca72 said:

He looks very good yes, also tracking a lad called Alfie Mawson at Swansea.  He's unhappy as wants a 1st team chance, valued at £1.2m but they want £7m for him, I'm sitting tight on him as if he kicks up a fuss and wants transfer listing he might be a bargain, much like Stephens was.

Mawson looks tidy Macca.

Couldn't get Mawson in the end, in fact didn't get anyone so I'm very light at the back - hoping I can make it to Jan

I did get a keeper though, £2.5m for Pau Lopez, was on loan at Spurs in the first season and was only back-up at Espanyol, but he looks much better than that.

I also made a mistake that's cost me as far as Dembele is concerned, I noticed that his agent had put a £20m release clause in his contract, so when he started the season with 10 goals in 6 games his value shot up to £19m. I quickly offered him a new deal with an £80m release clause, but he's stung me for another £30k a week plus massive bonus.

I fear financially I've done us no favours, but worse case I can cash Preciado in, in Jan.  I also suspect at some stage someone will come knocking for Berahinos' £23m release clause but no way I can afford a new deal for him, I'm spending £620k per week at the moment.

Dembele is an absolute monster, just get him if you can, at any cost.

102pmyc.png

I know it's only EFL 3rd round, but Arsenal had a decent team out, he ran them absolutely ragged.

EDIT: I've come to the conclusion he must be a cheat player, like Tonton or Bakayoko :)

Macca - looks like Dembele is really doing the biz!! Unfortunately he went to Spurs in my game. 

Mawson looks ok, not too great. I think there are better options like the two boys at Wolves - Iorfa & Hause.

Nicko and others - how are you getting work permits?! I for the life of me cannot get one. Just had it turned down on appeal for Maximiliano Romero as well who would have been my final signing of the season.

Also how is Mastour doing, I am thinking of getting him on loan with option to buy.

ADJ well done on promotion! Stick with us! 

**UPDATE**

Currently in pre-season before our first campaign back in the Premier League after the long hiatus. Here is how I have spent most of my money. 

On transfers out, apart from Green retiring, I decided to not sell anyone else, as they all played a part in getting us promoted. So keeping them around and giving everyone a shot at the big time.

Loanees of course have all gone back to respective clubs.

Transfers In

Alex Smithies - comes in for 4.4 million to replace Rob Green as first choice keeper. Looks well-rounded, and quite young as well. Hopefully will be solid for us.

Ben Garratt - we only had two senior keepers last year so I brought him in on compensation to be a part of the squad. 

Kyle Bartley - got him on the 1.6 million option after failing to bring in Pontus. He was rock solid in the Championship so let's see how he fares in Prem.

Ben Gibson - 1.5 million from relegated Boro, I think his attributes are far better than the fee suggests. He can play CB and also LB when needed.

Jordan Rossitter - 6 million signing from Rangers. Looks a very well-rounded player for his age with huge potential. Excited about seeing him grow at the club alongside other young midfield players like Mowatt & Vieira.

Jordan Ayew - our biggest signing at 11 million from Aston Villa. Finished 3rd top scorer in the Championship behind Wells & Antonsson. Will go straight into the first team alongside Antonsson & Roofe up front.

We have 2.8 million still left, and on the look-out for one more forward player as we have just 4 for 3 spots as of now. Looking at Adam Armstrong, Zach Clough or Hachim Matsour.

I really wanted to get Oliver Burke from RBL but they are not settling for less than 10 million which is impossible for us.

Squad looks like this going into the Premiership season.

Keepers - Smithies, Garratt & Peacock-Farrell

Defenders - Berardi, Ayling, Bellusci, Stephens, Bartley, Gibson, Mears, Coyle

Midfielders - Mowatt, Vieira, Bridcutt, O'Kane, Rossitter, Phillips

Attackers - Antonsson, Roofe,  Wood, Ayew

3 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Macca - looks like Dembele is really doing the biz!! Unfortunately he went to Spurs in my game. 

Mawson looks ok, not too great. I think there are better options like the two boys at Wolves - Iorfa & Hause.

Nicko and others - how are you getting work permits?! I for the life of me cannot get one. Just had it turned down on appeal for Maximiliano Romero as well who would have been my final signing of the season.

Also how is Mastour doing, I am thinking of getting him on loan with option to buy.

ADJ well done on promotion! Stick with us! 

Ha cheers mate. Completed first season at Everton before my competitors so gonna go back to this in order to let them catch up. Unbeleiveably, Leeds got relegated in that save and I had to knock them out of the cup on pens in QF!

Archived