[FM17] Need Some Help with Transparency - Inbox/Social Feed/News Screens

rtb1952

I followed Michael Murray's excellent guide on making backgrounds visible by increasing the foregrounds transparency. My question is, how do I do the same for the Inbox/Social Feed/News Screens. Which files do I need to edit/modify to achieve this?

I haven't still tried the social feed and competition news but for inbox you need to have inbox panel.xml and inbox item.xml in your skin.

I usually use notepad++ for editing the xml and so it just a matter of changing the appearance="" so find :

line 56 in inbox panel.xml and change it to this

<container id="LIST" class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper" red_replacement="inbox_sidebar_background">

and lastly line 8 in inbox item.xml and make it like this.

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper" red_replacement="inbox_content_background">

After that it will look like THIS

12 hours ago, Wells said:

I haven't still tried the social feed and competition news but for inbox you need to have inbox panel.xml and inbox item.xml in your skin.

I usually use notepad++ for editing the xml and so it just a matter of changing the appearance="" so find :

<container id="LIST" class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper" red_replacement="inbox_sidebar_background">

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper" red_replacement="inbox_content_background">

Hey Wells, this is exactly what I wanna do too...

But I can't find those files.

I'm using Base17dark skin, but can't find any inbox panels in there - do I need to use a different skin, or create the panels? Please explain how I can achieve that screenshot.

Apologies for my ignorance!

Thanks in advance

16 minutes ago, Ecudortne said:

Hey Wells, this is exactly what I wanna do too...

But I can't find those files.

I'm using Base17dark skin, but can't find any inbox panels in there - do I need to use a different skin, or create the panels? Please explain how I can achieve that screenshot.

Apologies for my ignorance!

Thanks in advance

You need to extract panels.fmf using resource archiver and those two files can be found in panels\human folder.

Also remember when I said "it will look like this" I meant it will have transparency, I don't mean it will look exactly like the pic I posted, because I have altered/modified the content and sidebar background in settings.xml.

Hi people, thanks for all the helpful information.

@D_LO_ sounds like a good idea to wait for you to get to this yourself and then work through it together, though you are more experienced than me with this stuff.

@Wells Your two lines to edit worked a treat, but now I am intriqued to know which lines you amended in settings.xml.

Inbox.pngInbox-2.pngSocial Feed.png

@rtb1952 Find these lines and make whatever color you want.

<!-- Inbox -->
	<colour name="inbox_sidebar_background" red="16" green="22" blue="30"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->
	<colour name="inbox_content_background" red="36" green="42" blue="50"/> <!-- Box background colour - red_replacement -->

That is how I have set mine.

15 hours ago, Wells said:

Once I've changed the xml files in tha panels/human folder, what do I do then?

Do I place the panels folder that has been extracted to my desktop by the resource archiver BACK into the date folder in the steamapps folders? DO i need to restart my game....etc?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Ecudortne said:

Once I've changed the xml files in tha panels/human folder, what do I do then?

Do I place the panels folder that has been extracted to my desktop by the resource archiver BACK into the date folder in the steamapps folders? DO i need to restart my game....etc?

Thanks!

No you don't need to restart the game, copy those two files plus their respective sub folders and put them in your ------ Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017\skins\yourskin\panels ------- then edit them as required, after that just reload the skin in game.

Hmm, hasn't worked.

I must be doing something wrong.

So currently I have this:

(Mac) Documents - Sports interactive - Fm2017 - skins - base17dark - panels - human - inboxitem.xml & inboxpanel.xml (both edited)

Then reloaded skin, but no change

Sorry to be a pain

Archived