Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guill

Demo to Full game - Steam save disappears

I enjoyed the demo and was really getting into my game, so when I got 3 months in to the game I decided to upgrade to the full version via Steam.

I had been saving the demo game to the steam 'cloud' directory, as when I attempted to save to my computer it said there was not enough memory (which there almost certainly was). Overall, I'd played about 8 times for 75 hours, with multiple saves and shut downs of the computer.

When I went to play the full game for the first time following installation, it could not find any saved games in the cloud directory, and there are none in the games folder on the hard drive either.

Does this mean the installation has wiped my previous saved game from the steam folder, or might there be a chance of getting this back?

thanks, Guill

Are the games not here?

C:\Users\[Your Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017 Demo\games

Are you sure you're not looking at the 'public' location which is here? -  C:\public\[Your Username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017 Demo\games

Is the demo still installed? If you load it up and click 'load game' what folder location appears in the left dropdown? 

The exact same thing just happened to my demo season.  I checked both the file addresses - public and non - and only the config is left.  I was also saving to the cloud.

Any resolution here?

Okay if it's saved to the Cloud, you can find it here (you'll have to turn on hidden files and folders in order to see the AppData folder) - C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017 Demo\cloud\games

Let us know if you can locate it. Details on how to turn on hidden files and folders here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files