Dutch Football Pyramid - Based on real life

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, stevenvdijk said:

Hi guys, i just started up a new save with this update and saw that the number of substitutes in the Eredivisie is 7, instead of the new rule of 12 subs.

Perhaps an easy fix but would be great to have that incorporated (back) in again :) 

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 07.00.43.png

Fixed. I'll upload it later today in a new version. Also fixed a few other minor things (some kits from the Jong teams didn't copy correctly from the main teams), and I added a few historical related things to the Eredivisie.

20 minutes ago, CrowBar said:

Fixed. I'll upload it later today in a new version. Also fixed a few other minor things (some kits from the Jong teams didn't copy correctly from the main teams), and I added a few historical related things to the Eredivisie.

Nice, I might have changed it by accident when I was updating the Dutch Periods. So sorry everyone for the inconvience. I've also tried to search for franss's error but I couldn't find it in the datafiles so can you double check it CrowBar?

@CrowBar

Can you upload it in the holland help thread first? I have found a way to adjust the reserve leagues in a 'Add Lower Division And Cups To Existing Structure' Nation rule file. So I'll make the first youth update (regions for lower division youth teams) and the Beloften Eredivisie. Plus loan rules will apply this time making it impossible for Derde Divisie and Hoofdklasse teams to loan players from Eredivisie.

1 hour ago, Slabbekoorn said:

@CrowBar

Can you upload it in the holland help thread first? I have found a way to adjust the reserve leagues in a 'Add Lower Division And Cups To Existing Structure' Nation rule file. So I'll make the first youth update (regions for lower division youth teams) and the Beloften Eredivisie. Plus loan rules will apply this time making it impossible for Derde Divisie and Hoofdklasse teams to loan players from Eredivisie.

Done.

Sorry for the double post. I've ran into trouble, I can edit the reserve leagues but they don't appear as I want to in-game. Meaning that I can't create this now, if I want to create the youth setups then I have to create the Dutch rules from scratch. So unfortunately this will take a lot of time. But we will create this update even though it is going to take some time.

Update 2.5

Fixed JC Schaal substitution rules, merged the tax rules & Reddiablo's changes in to my file.

https://www.mediafire.com/?uqxn5y1lwxll2h1

http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/hR9adI2j/file.html

http://www.filedropper.com/netherlands-footballpyramidv25

This is the most complete version to date, as it has all the changes made so far into one file.

• 2 weeks later...

@CrowBar, @Reddiablo and @Slabbekoorn

Thank you very, very much for creating this. I will definitely try this when my copy of FM17 is deliverd by the mailman.

Some questions:

Will the new 12 substitutes rule be in?
Will this be compatible with some other much loved updates? (Like name changes, transfer updates, new leagues or promotion and relegation updates.)

39 minutes ago, Jorgen said:

@CrowBar, @Reddiablo and @Slabbekoorn

Thank you very, very much for creating this. I will definitely try this when my copy of FM17 is deliverd by the mailman.

Some questions:

Will the new 12 substitutes rule be in?
Will this be compatible with some other much loved updates? (Like name changes, transfer updates, new leagues or promotion and relegation updates.)
Will there be more satellite teams and partnerships with this update? (Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV, have lots of partnerships with amateurteams and smaller pro teams in the region.)

@stevenvdijk

Yes we're working on a new file with dynamic qualification. You can follow our progress in Reddiablo's topic in the Editors Hideaway. That version will also have the Eredivisie u19s (with championship playoff) and the Eerste Klasse and District beker for example.

@Jorgen

Yes the 12 subs rules are in, adding those is fairly easily. The Dutch periods are in aswell. You can use this file with other files except for other Holland nation rules like always.

@JAY MEE TEE

The file is good to go. The next update will take some time.

Ajax also has Ajax Amateurs in the lower divisions which is their amateur team as the name implies, this team can not get promoted to the Jupiler League so they'll stay in the Tweede Divisie. Jong Ajax is located in the Jupiler League  Almere City was the main loan feeder club (before Jong Ajax joined the Jupiler League) so you can try to get them to the Eredivisie if you like and make them your main (Eredivisie) loan feeder club again. There are lots of options for you to stick to the real life counterparts.;) have fun!

Windows Defender doesn't let me download the file because it contains a virus? Tried all 3 mirros :(

Is the workshop item 'Project Netherlands' uploaded by haasje33 the same file? The description seems very similar at least. 

Based on the great file from the Crowbar here I have tried to edit the KNVB beker so it has the right amount of rounds etc. (and Crowbar hope you don’t mind me adding it therefore in this place)

Changes made to the KNVB Beker setup:

• Total amount of clubs participating now 103.
  • Edited so the Cup starts with two qualifying rounds for Amateur clubs. 1st Qualifying round with 32 clubs, 2nd Qualifying round with 42 clubs (this is still not the real setup, but without districtsbeker its as close as I could get)
  • Followed by main tournament with 1st round including 64 teams –> 21 from Qualification, 8 best Tweede Divisie and the clubs from Eredivisie (18) and Jupiler League (17) joining
  • No ‘Jong’ teams joining
  • 12 subs rule as of round 1, 7 subs in qualification
  • All matches on the Wednesday except for the final at Sunday (following this year’s calendar)

So as mentioned its not the complete correct setup yet, but its as close as I could get.

You can find the download link here: https://we.tl/F5GxAmdHJF

Cool steven, we had that in the first beta version but decided to change it because the cup places are awarded through the dutch period and relegation playoffs and that means that newly promoted teams (who are more likely to be not the best teams in the competition) won't enter the cup when using "get best teams from division". You could also add the best 21 Eerste Klasse teams to the first round just like you added the other teams if you like. 

I'm trying to add a dynamic qualification in a new fresh file but I'm still working on it (the cup does verify but fixtures don't get planned) and I needs testers to check for errors in-game.

Do you guys use the official Eredivisie (and other leagues) and KNVB Beker rule books?

What are the main problems / things that still need to be solved right now with this file?
I would like to start my first save with FM17 and am thinking of using this file for it. Is it stable / complete enough for a long term save?

On 13-12-2016 at 00:48, Jorgen said:

Do you guys use the official Eredivisie (and other leagues) and KNVB Beker rule books?

What are the main problems / things that still need to be solved right now with this file?
I would like to start my first save with FM17 and am thinking of using this file for it. Is it stable / complete enough for a long term save?

Yes we use the official rules as much as possible. The only rules that we're trying to figure out are the KNVB Beker's qualifiers for Hoofdklasse/Eerste Klasse teams. The reserve leagues are default in this version but will be up to date in the next version (championship playoff for Eredivisie u19s, two groups for reserves and regional reserve leagues for lower leagues). 

And yes it is stable and it is complete enough for Derde Divisie and above.

Edit:

I also wanted to let you all know that I'm still busy. I wasn't going to add the Districtsbekers but since I was slowed down last weekend I now am making the Districtbekers, although they do not have all divisions in it, just a ko with Hoofdklasse and Eerste Klasse teams I figured that it was better than nothing. Winners qualify for the KNVB Beker voor Amateurs and hopefully I can get the semi finalists in the main KNVB Beker, but it will probably be the winner and runner-up since they are easier to qualify.

5 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Yes we use the official rules as much as possible. The only rules that we're trying to figure out are the KNVB Beker's qualifiers for Hoofdklasse/Eerste Klasse teams. The reserve leagues are default in this version but will be up to date in the next version (championship playoff for Eredivisie u19s, two groups for reserves and regional reserve leagues for lower leagues). 

And yes it is stable and it is complete enough for Derde Divisie and above.

Edit:

I also wanted to let you all know that I'm still busy. I wasn't going to add the Districtsbekers but since I was slowed down last weekend I now am making the Districtbekers, although they do not have all divisions in it, just a ko with Hoofdklasse and Eerste Klasse teams I figured that it was better than nothing. Winners qualify for the KNVB Beker voor Amateurs and hopefully I can get the semi finalists in the main KNVB Beker, but it will probably be the winner and runner-up since they are easier to qualify.

Thanks for the heads up. I might use it for my first FM17 career then. 

Good luck editing!

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

The season shouldn't end in december. So that's a problem. Which files are you using?

I was using pr0's transfer updates and my own custom database. I wouldn't have made any changes to the league, so that's why I was confused. Good to know; I spotted it early and started a new save with less databases and it is fine now.

• 2 weeks later...

@MisterX They already have worked together on this very database, or at least shared some ideas on how to solve things. If you read through this topic and it's help thread in the Editors Hideaway, you'll see that. Was already amazing to see @Reddiablo, @CrowBar and @Slabbekoorn work on this together and was delighted to see that @Tobcoach visited / entered this project too.

The difficult thing about a colab is that we have to wait on each other to edit when we have the time, it's quite difficult to manage. And we both have different versions of the Dutch system. But we help each other with errors and stuff because he also is active this forum too.

The newest version will be posted on here soon. The 3.0 version is already done and in the Editors Hideaway topic but I'm now testing and finally figuring out the winter breaks and I'll put that in the 3.1 version. And that will also have the dutch kits from @Etzella since he made them seperately. And as a bonus I've put in Zeeland's youth academy JVOZ and made it Sparta's affiliate (Rick van Drongelen comes from JVOZ originally).

@Slabbekoorn

You have to merge my kits right? When i use the seperate kit files the kits of the 3.0 version will be shown in most cases (even in the correct loading order). The kits from the eerste klasse that i'm working on, work as a seperate file beceause most of the eerste klasse teams have no kit

It's nice to be mentioned as one of the people who contributed to the database of @Slabbekoorn but all I did was ask some questions. To my best of knowledge, I didn't make any contribution to the database itself. That credit goes entirely to Slabbekoorn and the others.

For me these are difficult times. I thought I could convert my FM14 database to FM17  without any major hickups. Turns out that the conversion isn't possible, so I had to start from scratch. But with my experience and the semi-automated procedure of creating new cities, stadiums, competitions and clubs, I expect to be up and running again at the end of next week. Hopefully my database gets past the third season successfully then.

O, and by the way: my database is more of a fantasy database. I deleted the separation between the Saturday and Sunday and adjusted the promotion/relegation a bit (more like the English model). I also added a Dutch League Cup, just for fun. And I adjusted the KNVB-cup, Dutch amateur cup and the regional cups a little. So for a more realistic structure, you should play the database of Slabbekoorn.

To my defence: I did create more than 2400 clubs (including their cities and playgrounds) with some room in the lowest Tier to spare, so everyone can play with their own favorite amateurclub, trying to win the Champions League with them. :)

10 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

@Etzella Yes I still have to merge the kits with the original file.;)

@Tobcoach Did you have to start over again for the second time?:(

Yes, I did. The first time I used the database changes from my FM14 database and thought a complete rebuilt of the competition structure was enough.

But eventually I had to start all over again, including the database changes.

Third time's a charm....

37 minutes ago, oche balboa said:

What's the format for the Dutch League Cup then

seems some good work has been put into this 

I kept it very simple: clubs from the top 2 tiers, so Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie, with the "jong"-teams being excluded. So a maximum of 38 teams to participate, maximum of 6 rounds. Where in England and France the winner of the League Cup gets a place in next seasons Europa league, I've chosen not to do that for the Dutch League Cup. So only eternal fame for the winner (and a nice financial bonus).

For the KNVB-Cup, I chose to enter the A-teams of in any case the top 4 Tiers (Eredivisie, Eerste Divisie, Tweede Divisie and Derde Divisie A & B), and the semifinalists of the 6 regional cups.

The Amateur-Cup: finalists of the 6 regional cups (in real life only the winners enter, but I wanted to give it some more body).

The Amateur Super Cup is the seasons opening game between last seasons winner of the Tweede Divisie and the Amateur-Cup. In theory, both teams could've been promoted to the Eerste Divisie, so it's a bit weird to call it an amateur Super Cup. Game is to be played as a prelude to the Johan Cruijff Schaal, the big Dutch Supercup game. Both games are played at the same date at the same stadium (Amsterdam ArenA), but the amateur game starts at 14.30h and the professional game at 18.00h.

I'm already making this post because I'm running the final test now and I'll try to remember what I've changed in this file because I haven't written it down. This file is only a bit different from the 3.0 version but I needed to make a write-up for this one so here goes:

- The Eerste Klasse is added (6th level) but no relegation is possible form Eerste Klasse (maybe in future versions)
- The 6 districts have been added to this file so that is West I, West I, Zuid I, Zuid II, Oost and Noord

-  This means the Hoofdklasse, Eerste Klasse and the rest of the non-league Dutch teams are in one of the 6 Districtbekers
- The winner and runner up will qualify for next year's KNVB Beker (main cup)
- The winner of each 6 Districtbekers will qualify for the KNVB Beker voor Amateurs that is set in the end of the season
- The reserves of the Eredivisie and Jupiler League have their own competition just like in real life (2 groups of 8 reserves each)
- The reserves of the Tweede Divisie, Derde Divisie and Hoofdklasse are all in their respective (out of the 6) regional division, same goes for the Eerste Klasse teams
- The u19s of the Eredivisie and Jupiler League are like in real life: an Eredivisie and Eerste Divisie u19 that play 1 round against each team and they will split in a championship playoff (for the best Eredivisie u19 teams), a best of the rest playoff (worst Eredivisie u19s teams and best Eerste Divisie u19 teams) and a loser playoff (worst of the Eerste Divisie u19 teams)
- The other u19s play in regional division, the remaining Jupiler League u19s and the Tweede Divisie u19s play in a north/south split while the Derde Divisie and Hoofdklasse u19s have an West/South/North split and the Eerste Klasse u19s are divided by 6 regions
- There is a mid-season break added for the Eredivisie and Jupiler League where the players go on holiday
- The Hoofdklasse Zaterdag A & B have an east/west split instead of a north/south split like I thought it was so it is fixed now
- Loan rules are added to further establish the realism, the Eredivisie and Jupiler League don't have any restrictions while the Tweede Divisie teams can loan 2 players (only based in Holland) and the Derde Divisie and lower can't loan any players
- All amateur clubs have a more realistic youth set-up based on the top 100 ranked amateur youth-setup list
- Non-EU players have their minimum wage caps set
- Every club has a better six-letter-name set
- Some club affiliations have been removed or created
- Club reputations have been edited (especially from lower divisions)
- Lower division rivalries and derbies have been added

Also @Etzella gets a special mention
- Etzella did some great work on the Dutch lower league kits that are all realistic up to the Hoofdklasse (and he's working on the Eerste Klasse clubs to)

Changes from the 3.0 version are
- Promotion/Relegation playoffs draw teams the way they should (in older version and version of SI, the Eredivisie relegation playoff teams went face to face in the semi final and these teams actually never meet in real life resulting in a more realistic relegation outcome)
- Amateur contracts can only transfer during transfer periods
- Some of the Dutch cities/municipalitys were set wrong (my fault) but I cross-checked the KNVB map with the dutch municipalties and moved some of the cities and clubs to their right local region. The biggest move probably is TEC VV (Tweede Divisie) that is in Zuid II instead of Oost.

Future versions will have the post-winter transfer period changes and Etzella's lower league kits.

I will upload the file when my long-term test is done and that will be tonight or eventually tomorrow.

I got rid off all the errors (every single one of them) by remaking some competitions, it did not take too long because I just added new rules but copied every page seperately. It works better than copying the rules and copying stages and the file is completely stable now so that is great news. I've added some finishing touches and the file is in the last phase of holidaying and its doing great.

The new playoffs are more realistic and also make sure that there aren't too many shifts between the leagues, as with the old (and SI original) version it draws both teams that finished low and entered the relegation playoff to face off against eachother every single time. So there were a lot of shifts each year, but this time it is more realistic and pretty good if I say so myself. In the test (2024 now) the Eredivisie is pretty much the same and while Jupiler League has some minor shifts, it's not easy to climb the ladder.

Archived