Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SLB-Dark-Angel said:

There are any chance of having an ad board editor?, so we can change the advertisements boards. will be a wonderful thing

 

 

Thanks

 

I think they are able to be edited because there are ad board packs I've seen available to download

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, White Flag said:

Ad boards were animated in FM16 too.

The Sortitoutsi ad board pack still works for 17.

No they weren't, animated adboards are new to FM17

The old packs can be used and but they would overwrite the new ads.xml and therefore remove animated adboards from the game.

The animated adboards have a .ivf file extension and can be found C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\sigfx\videos\hd\video_ads and viewed with a video player such as VLC Media Player.  In theory new ones can be made an added to the game however I have no idea what software package can be used to make files in a .ivf format or even used to convert files into a .ivf format. Perhaps someone from SI can answer that?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rabcp said:

No they weren't, animated adboards are new to FM17

The old packs can be used and but they would overwrite the new ads.xml and therefore remove animated adboards from the game.

The animated adboards have a .ivf file extension and can be found C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\sigfx\videos\hd\video_ads and viewed with a video player such as VLC Media Player.  In theory new ones can be made an added to the game however I have no idea what software package can be used to make files in a .ivf format or even used to convert files into a .ivf format. Perhaps someone from SI can answer that?

 

Not trying to argue with you, but in FM16 the adboards were animated - they rolled upwards. Perhaps not as animated as 17, but still....

The sortitoutsi adboard pack works, and is editable - which answers the original posters question.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, White Flag said:

Not trying to argue with you, but in FM16 the adboards were animated - they rolled upwards. Perhaps not as animated as 17, but still....

The sortitoutsi adboard pack works, and is editable - which answers the original posters question.

I think you had a wrong point in this question. We know that previous FM version's ad boards were animated only rolled upwards as u told. in FM 17 there are various animated action such as moving left/right through whole stadium's ad boards or elliminated effect.
the question's point is "using other advertisemant board not officially inclouded in FM17, HOW TO APPLY VARIOUS ANIMATED EFFECT?"   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, White Flag said:

Not trying to argue with you, but in FM16 the adboards were animated - they rolled upwards. Perhaps not as animated as 17, but still....

The sortitoutsi adboard pack works, and is editable - which answers the original posters question.

I can see where you are coming from but without trying to sound pedantic I regard them as static adboards as the images themselves where not animated e.g. text didn't scroll etc on the adboards. Where as now in FM17 the new LED style adboards are animated as the actual adboard is animated as the text moves, pictures flash and change etc...

 

I think the original poster was looking to edit or add new animated pitch side aboards but untill some from from SI can advise what programs can be used to edit or save files as an .IVF file format we'll be unable to and currently right now the only real solution is to use the patch you mentioned above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soydrink said:

I think you had a wrong point in this question. We know that previous FM version's ad boards were animated only rolled upwards as u told. in FM 17 there are various animated action such as moving left/right through whole stadium's ad boards or elliminated effect.
the question's point is "using other advertisemant board not officially inclouded in FM17, HOW TO APPLY VARIOUS ANIMATED EFFECT?"   

Wrong point ? No. Absolutely not, as you admit yourself: animation was there, and it still is albeit in a more advanced format.

Why have you added the bold to skew the original question ? You'd be better ending the speach marks at the correct place before adding your own words.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been able to make some animated ads that look great but the only way I can get them working is by renaming them with the default names in the Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017\data\sigfx\videos\hd\video_ads\default folder.

I have no idea how the code can be altered to get them in my game.

Some kind of editor would be great as it is quite a mission to convert from .gif to .avi then to .ivf and then get them in the game.

By the way, this is the first version I have seen the dynamic ad boards, and it was advertised as a new feature.

You can view .ivf files using MPC-HC if you are using Win 10

Edited by jeff roberts
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...