Sports Interactive Community

Nation swapping - advice wanted

I'm quite experienced with the editor and with every version try to come up with a different fantasy nation database for myself.

This time around I was thinking of a what-if scenario in which the Norse colony on Greenland had survived and in turn colonised some of the Canadian coast, giving us a Scandinavian-style league system in North America.

I was wondering if anyone who has played with the new editor has any advice on which nation to use to make this happen? I was thinking of overwriting one of the small non-FIFA nations in the Caribbean, but with regen ethnicity apparently hardcoded, I'll be getting Afro-Caribbean regens when I really want blonde-haired white guys to suit my theme. Other alternatives are using one of the extinct nations - does anyone know if there are still any bugs relating to that? If I remember rightly, in previous versions, revived extinct nations didn't appear as a choice in the drop-down menu for manager nationality, nor in various other places. Is that still a thing? Alternatively, I'll just have to do a full nation swap with some minor European country in order to get my Scandinavian-looking regens, which is less than ideal but perfectly workable.

What do those of you more familiar with FM17 suggest?

I just did a quick test with this, changed Aruba to Greenland. Edited all the cities longitude and latitude to match Iceland's capital and changed the weather etc...to match, moved the countries region to North America and it seemed to work. Regens were mainly white rather than Afro-Carribbean.

Only thing I noticed was that the regens names were still using the same format as previous so instead of having Nordic names they still were given the same as previous- not sure how to fix/change that.

1533ew5.png

Overwrite CIS or pre-1922 ireland

Then add a number of players, usually around 200, with names you want. It will pick from this pool of names instead.

My top tip is to move like 100 or 200 VERY low CA players from the nation you want names to come from to your new nation, bingo! bigger name pool!

If I go with C.I.S., etc. there is still the issue of it not appearing as a possible manager nationality. Slightly annoying, but I suppose it's better to have to live with all human managers being foreign than to have to lose another nation from the game somewhere along the lines.

Thanks to you both for the advice. Much appreciated.

Hello,

Sorry to enter this topic with my own problem but im so frustrated this years with fm! I have edited Yugoslavia and send Serbia to Asia continent.But still Yugoslavia doesn't appear in competitions! What do  I do wrong?

A help would be highly appreciated:-)

Another issue with the extinct nations is that changes to tax policy seem always to fail. Again, just a minor annoyance, but an annoyance all the same.

6 hours ago, josuts said:

Hello,

Sorry to enter this topic with my own problem but im so frustrated this years with fm! I have edited Yugoslavia and send Serbia to Asia continent.But still Yugoslavia doesn't appear in competitions! What do  I do wrong?

A help would be highly appreciated:-)

Go into Yugoslavia on the editor. Look down the sidebar for the 'information' tab. On the information screen, tick the 'Worldwide Governing Body Full Member' box. That will make Yugoslavia a full member of FIFA, and the national team should appear in European competitions.

ok,I will do that.

What about Serbia? Should I untick the worldwide full member? I will test and come back to inform if it was successful:-)

Thank you!

I can live with the tax and manager thing for stability and names.

i would always recommend CIS.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 16:03, Robot (SMFC) said:

Another issue with the extinct nations is that changes to tax policy seem always to fail. Again, just a minor annoyance, but an annoyance all the same.

Go into Yugoslavia on the editor. Look down the sidebar for the 'information' tab. On the information screen, tick the 'Worldwide Governing Body Full Member' box. That will make Yugoslavia a full member of FIFA, and the national team should appear in European competitions.

Ok,

I had check and done that and tick the Worldwide Governing Body but still Yugoslavia doesn't participate in any competitions!!! Im so frustrated....

2 hours ago, josuts said:

Ok,

I had check and done that and tick the Worldwide Governing Body but still Yugoslavia doesn't participate in any competitions!!! Im so frustrated....

I have just done a quick test with this and it works the same as FM16, Yugoslavia won't replace Serbia in the World Cup Qualifying (think groups are hard-coded) but when the draws for the later European League and Championship Qualifying Yugoslavia participates.

2w4bcdz.png

29 minutes ago, Chesters86 said:

I have just done a quick test with this and it works the same as FM16, Yugoslavia won't replace Serbia in the World Cup Qualifying (think groups are hard-coded) but when the draws for the later European League and Championship Qualifying Yugoslavia participates.

2w4bcdz.png

So that means I can continue my file right? I mean Yugoslavia won't be in this qualification that's running this year but will participate in all the next years competitions if I understood well?

20 minutes ago, Chesters86 said:

Yup, if you've edited it correctly that should be how it works. Hope it works out for you!

Thank you for your advice.I will sim it for 2-3 seasons and see what happens!:-)

Are newgens being created for Yugoslavia now as there was a bug with reactivating nations on FM16 where newgens were never created.