[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

November

b34b50913fc5373a870e4ab95cb0e0b6.png

We lost to Buxton 2-0 to go out of the Northern Premier League Cup, I'm not too disappointed to be going out as it gives us a chance to focus entirely on the league and getting into the Playoffs.

c3cf7ac12a1827c29d30e96750672269.png

I tweaked our tactics this month to be a little less counter attacking and more generally attacking as we were struggling to score, this seems to have produced results to an extent. We started the month with a high scoring 3-3 draw at Farsley, which had me worried I'd gone too attacking, but then we won two on the bounce, with a 4-1 thrashing of Colne and an away win at Frickley. Since then we've had two scoreless draws, which considering Glossop and Kendal's position in the table is not all that bad really. 

377f3986263addc6cacabee6589af0b6.png

This put us right back into it in 11th place. Until something happened...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, RSJ said:

I suspect someone is on the move again...

Well of course. "Trafford" isn't on light blue in the league table anymore.

The question is, was this move prompted by another club, or by Trafford's board...

I think there will be three scenarios:

1.) Trafford sack Hart, Hart move on to another team

2.) Trafford coach Hart resign for another team

3.) Trafford takevoer, sack Hart and Hart move on to another team

If Trafford sack Hart (if I'm right), I wonder who will be the Trafford's new coach soon?

Edited by sherwinriga

8f379ff31c7135ba8f742c49256c617f.png

54b842fc38e37af2c10846d6c5513a7a.png

In what I'm sure will come as a massive anti-climax, I have once again been sacked for poor handling of the media after I "no comment"ed some question as I couldn't be arsed to answer it. All seems a bit crazy to me that they're so bothered about my media handling, which I entirely leave to my Assistant most of the time anyway. I'm definitely never ever making any media related promises to get a job again :D 

Career History

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                 Division                               Position      Achievements/Other
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League          8th         Eastern Counties League Cup winners
2017/18    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League         11th         Left in November
2017/18    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         13th         N/A
2018/19    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         10th         Left in December 
2018/19    Carlton Town         United Counties Premier League           8th         United Counties League Cup runners-up. Sacked. 
2019/20    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                      3rd         Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy winners
2020/21    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                     17th         Left in November 
2020/21    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   11th         N/A
2021/22    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   17th         Left in December
2021/22    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        13th         N/A
2022/23    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        18th         Left in January
2022/23    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N   7th         N/A
2023/24    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Sacked in November

Trophy Cabinet

Eastern Counties League Cup    x1 - 2016/17 (Ipswich Wanderers) 
Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy x1 - 2019/20 (Basildon United) 

6 minutes ago, mrdanbartlett said:

Hah no way!  

Are there many available jobs?  Might be a silver lining if you can land a slightly better job.

LOVE this thread, thanks for the updates. 

The majority of the jobs at the moment seem to be League 1/2 sides and a few Conference North/South jobs. I think I'm still a fair way off getting any offers from the North/South sides just yet. I'd be very pleased just to get another 8th tier side come in for me before a 9th tier side offers me a go. 

ef1ac3c8e38d3fd823e214b435653976.png

Hythe currently sit in 12th place of the Isthmian League 1st Division South, which is an 8th tier league. The board are hoping to make the playoffs, with the previous manager having been sacked for under-performing. They had a Caretaker Manager in charge for what seems to be a few weeks, I'm actually assuming he must have done alright as it seems mad that they'd sack their previous manager for only being 7 points off the Playoffs - although I was just sacked myself for being 3 points off the Playoffs, so who knows :D 

January

0e9f1074e92ad9edd7719f19e9f2d41c.png

My first month in charge was a raging success. We comfortably beat AFC Uckfield in my first game in charge with Omari Alexander-Salmon, leaping like a salmon to open proceedings. I was actually a bit disappointed to only get a point at Chipstead as they're right near the bottom of the table, but I was pleased that we at least beat Ashford. Worthing are another side we could've done with beating as they're not that great either, but I'm still relatively pleased I've started my first month unbeaten. 

a7ec86265cbf9c3cc75516451316d9d1.png

We're in 8th place, with the Playoff places within 5 points of us. It's certainly still doable if we keep up the good start I've had to life at the club. 

How often do a tier 7 or 8 manager actually get the sack for having bad relations to the media? How much media is there really at this level? And how much money does "The Non League Paper" pay in travel expenses for Mr. Josh Hannah?

3 hours ago, Maaka said:

How often do a tier 7 or 8 manager actually get the sack for having bad relations to the media? How much media is there really at this level? And how much money does "The Non League Paper" pay in travel expenses for Mr. Josh Hannah?

Virtually zero, but in fm terms it's hard to replicate that because the league files for these type of leagues are third party I assume. 

11 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Wait, let us clear this one up, the board sacked you because you couldn't be arsed to reply to a journalist once? What?

As part of them hiring me they mentioned my poor media ability (on my profile it says I have a 2 percent media score :D) and made me promise to improve or something. I think I usually just Send Assistant rather than click "No Comment" on a question, but this particular time I was watching something on my phone whilst skimming through to the next match, so just clicked No Comment without really noticing. 

I then had an Emergency Meeting with them and after I said "oh sorry lads I'll do better please give me another chance", all of the options I was given (there was around 5) seemed to be ones that they'd probably sack me for saying. Some of them were as blunt as "oh, well, I best resign then". I went for "I think I deserve another chance we're doing well" etc, I clicked continue and I was gone :D

"Well, we're doing well in the league, the team is playing well and we have a chance at the playoffs."

"Yeah, but he's a bit media shy and said "no comment" to one of their questions."

"Get him the **** out of my club now! We'll not stand for that."

*Trafford issue official apology online*

4 hours ago, MichaelBrown said:

Virtually zero, but in fm terms it's hard to replicate that because the league files for these type of leagues are third party I assume. 

Yeah, I know, just joking about it :D

4 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

"Well, we're doing well in the league, the team is playing well and we have a chance at the playoffs."

"Yeah, but he's a bit media shy and said "no comment" to one of their questions."

"Get him the **** out of my club now! We'll not stand for that."

*Trafford issue official apology online*

"Let it be known that we, the Trafford football board, hold our employees to the highest ethical standards. Recently it came to our attention that one Mr. Adam Hart, afflicted by poor morals and an altogether salacious upbringing, violated the most sacred prescription in our code of conduct. This club must wave our batons at such base chicanery regarding the revered institution of journalism. Our deepest, most formal apologies to Steve McAdoo of FarmersOnly.com; your serious questions deserved a response.

We wish Mr. Hart the best and pray that God warms the evil recesses of his frozen dead heart for a redemptive return to the blessed crosswalks of life. Please direct all questions to the nearest crossing guard on duty, 7-8 AM and 3-4 PM.

Safe crossings,

The Trafford FC Executive Board and Honorary Guild of Her Majesty's Crossing Guards, Protectors of Innocence"

February

9b9476511cf5c74cb8061369dd170f60.png

A pretty poor month in all honesty. We had two decent 1-0 wins in the middle of the month, which included a highly tense last minute penalty winner at Wokingham. Other than that, it was pretty poor, with 4 losses elsewhere. 

2b00680997fd2d62e9a3b294dee822b6.png

We're down to 13th place. Bit poo. Hopefully this poor form can be reversed pronto. 

March

072e7ea19f150f0473080e339446c9fe.png

A lot of games this month and in all honesty, not a lot to complain about. 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses makes for a pretty good month for us. I was actually a bit disappointed we didn't beat Burgess Hill because we came from 2-0 down and had all the momentum after we equalised - that in itself is crazy as Burgess Hill are currently top of the table :D 

14ffb0a623678b8888e4235b34021861.png

We're down in 12th now, with 6 points seperating the Playoffs with 4 games remaining. I think the Playoffs are gone at this point but we'll keep fighting until they're mathematically impossible. 

April

1a5ae2e9f01fb24fb767769ea8be757f.png

A pretty pedestrian end to the season with 3 draws and a loss, it was certainly not the kind of run that we needed to make a last gasp effort at the Playoffs. 

19f11b6173af3080ad6d349e1880a7e2.png

And so we finish the season in 12th place. I think the board were keen on the Playoffs but they seem to have accepted with the limited money and time available to me it wasn't a realistic target, so it seems I will have next season to really have a go at making the Playoffs. If I'm being honest though, the club is over £300K in the red so I don't see how this is going to happen, as I doubt I'll get any money or wages to work with in the summer. 

Season 8: Hythe Town

cca07c6bd303ff974c7c637f3abec0e6.png

I joined in January with the side out of every cup competition already. I think the board wanted to make the Playoffs, which I thought we might be able to do, but it soon became apparent to me that the squad wasn't particularly up to it. We could make a go for it next season, but with the club absolutely hemorrhaging money at the moment, I'm not holding my breath.  

Squad pt 1

I've got to be honest, it's really slim pickings for a standout player in the pack. Sam McDermid in goal is probably the best player we have, he's a decent keeper and ended the season with 15 clean sheets this season. Jack Sellens was probably the most outfield player, with the striker being a long way off the top scorers in the league, he was still our best threat up-front most of the time. 

Career History

Season     Club                 Division                               Position      Achievements/Other
2016/17    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League          8th         Eastern Counties League Cup winners
2017/18    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League         11th         Left in November
2017/18    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         13th         N/A
2018/19    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         10th         Left in December 
2018/19    Carlton Town         United Counties Premier League           8th         United Counties League Cup runners-up. Sacked. 
2019/20    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                      3rd         Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy winners
2020/21    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                     17th         Left in November 
2020/21    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   11th         N/A
2021/22    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   17th         Left in December
2021/22    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        13th         N/A
2022/23    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        18th         Left in January
2022/23    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N   7th         N/A
2023/24    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Sacked in November
2023/24    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S          12th         Joined in January

Trophy Cabinet

Eastern Counties League Cup    x1 - 2016/17 (Ipswich Wanderers) 
Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy x1 - 2019/20 (Basildon United) 

918371009c586406c594c239cd9c70be.png

The main one is obviously player wages, but the Loan Repayments/Interest probably doesn't help too much either. 

I've actually always been around £100 under my wage budget allowance, so I could actually be making that debt around £50,000 worse a year if I wanted. I have no idea how much in the red/big a loss the club will need to be making before we go into Administration. Hopefully it won't happen whilst I'm here, although it would be fairly entertaining I suppose!

Edited by PaulHartman71

10 hours ago, MichaelBrown said:

Staff wages are pretty high for that level as well? You might need to make some savings in the playing budget as well :D bring in the youth!!

I've not signed anyone over the summer and as a few have left due to gripes about being back-up players, this has meant a fair few of the younger lads have been promoted to the first team. I am still a little bit under my wage budget and my DOF negotiated all the renewals, so tbf, the staff wages and player wages aren't really my problem :D If I thought I'd be here for the next 3/4 years I would definitely be doing everything in my power to sort this out, but as I'll probably only be here a season or so, the board can deal with this mess. I'll do everything in my power to get them some money through a cup run, although I can't promise anything!

August

459e9c286a632589da651ff550d00cf0.png

We started our FA Cup campaign with a tie against Tooting & Mitcham, a side who are in the same league as us. Our league game against Tooting & Mitcham has actually been delayed and rearranged due to the replay against them, which we won 4-2 in extra-time after a 2-2 draw. 

423402092ae3a2c80ada23d4f8c8da55.png

An absolutely fantastic start in the league, with 3 wins from 3. We even won away at Faversham after having a man sent off in the first half, it was made more impressive as at the time, Faversham were top of the table. 

777dcec6b7d155d0d68c9a0d12da0da9.png

We're in 3rd place, but even if we only get a draw in our game in hand we will go top of the table!

September

abd21da2cc6aa73d0a1f3ad0dd19429a.png

We beat fellow 8th tier side Newport 1-0 in a fairly tight FA Cup fixture, with Dominic Green securing the win with a 71st minute header. 

8d242dc9538429292c3fd2563e6fe0de.png

I was pleased with our draw for this round as we got a home tie against 9th tier side Ardley. It was Ardley as comfortable as I would've liked, but Jack Sellens 24th minute strike was enough to put us through to the 3rd Qualifying Round next month. 

ce94588103de4ec620fa06146d9716d6.png

A really hit and miss month. We started off really well as our winning run extended to 5 matches, with Fisher Athletic and Worthing United both being put down early on in the month. We then went on a poor run of 3 losses in a row, against Folkestone, Carshalton and Tooting & Mitcham. We've at least managed to get back to winning ways, after winning away at struggling Hayes & Yeading who very nearly went down last season. 

c1e76adc5bb8555a826a694b864583c3.png

We remain near the top of the table and in the Playoff places despite our 3 losses, although if we keep losing games like that we won't be in the Playoff places for the foreseeable future.