[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

So, er... about that injury crisis to end all injury crises: 

1a6680754026493cf4f5e5ddced030e4.png

This incredible turn of events, which included Yianni tearing his hamstring in training, both Luiz and Stucki getting injured at Man City, as well as Vincent Verweijj being ineligible due to being unregistered and an imported youth academy graduate from NEC, means that starting up-front alongside Andy Kilday away to PAOK in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round, after being deemed "not good enough" for Conference North side Mansfield Town, will be...

Matt Hart!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

c579fa20bd2de49426ca3e50f112a1ac.png

Sheffield Wednesday line up in Greece for both Adam Hart's and their first ever Champions League knockout match. They take on PAOK with more or less a full strength side, Leigh Brown of course did his achilles at the start of the season which means a start at right midfield for the Turkish international, Cagatay Karmil. But the story of the night is of course the injury crisis that Wednesday face up-front, with Silvio Luiz, Jordan Yianni and Sergio Stucki out injured, with Vincent Verweijj unable to play tonight, means that 20 year old, Matt Hart, the son of Adam Hart, will make his debut up-front tonight. What a game to make your debut in. There have been cries for the manager to play a 4-4-1-1 instead, but he said after using that system for 70 minutes of the Man City game after substitute Stucki went off himself for Romulo, that the system didn't work and the chances weren't created - so it is the tried and tested 4-4-2 that he opts for tonight. 

15th minute: Osagie making his way into the PAOK half. Short pass forward to Dale Lewis, Lewis running forward, he finds Kilday with his back to goal about 35 yards out... Kilday with an excellent turn and pivot and he finds Osagie... Osagie hits a first time ball deep into the box, Matt Hart to run onto it but he looks like bambi on ice, more likely to fall over THAN SCOREEEEEEE OHHHHHH MY GODDDDD HE HAS SCORED!!!! YOU COULD NOT WRITE THIS!!! The ball comes to him, he awkwardly watches it, sort of turns and then he has a crack and it somehow finds it's way past the keeper!!! Just 5 weeks ago he was playing for Mansfield Town in the Conference North, the 6th tier of English football, but they chose not to renew his loan contract, they did not want him, but Wednesday in their hour of need, their hour of desperation, he's popped up and scored a vital away goal for his side! They said it was stupid to start him tonight! They called it nepotism! But it's Matt Hart who has made it PAOK 0-1 (0-1) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

29th minute: PAOK with a free kick here. Avram to try and hit it into the area where there's plenty of black shirts waiting, a fair few blue ones back for this too... Avram's ball.. Brauer's come for it, ohhhh but he's got caught in absolute no-man's land and Markovic gets his head to it and equalises!! It's PAOK 1-1 (1-1) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

47th minute: It's half-time in Greece, it's 1-1 at the break. Adam Hart will be fairly pleased with things so far, his side have got an away goal and it was his son of all people who scored it. Wednesday perhaps been the better side, you'd think they'd hope to try and score 1 or 2 more in the 2nd half, but PAOK have looked a threat at set pieces especially.

62nd minute: Kilday with the ball, he's just about inside his own half. He squares it down to the right where Leigh Brown, the substitute who's missed so much of this season, runs onto it... Brown sprinting down that right flank like he so often did before being out for so long, he's getting towards the box and hits a hopeful ball into the middle and IT'S DALE LEWISSSSSS!!! The young Welshman absolutely hammers it home, to make it 2-1 on the night and give Wednesday yet another big away goal here in Greece! It's PAOK 1-2 (1-2) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

82nd minute: Leigh Brown sprinting down that right wing again. Wednesday looking for a 3rd here, but Markovic intercepts it and the Greeks could break here... long long ball up towards Durholtz... a Wednesday defender tries to slide in on him but ducks and dives out the way and he's got Lara in the middle... can he find him...YESS!!! Lara smashes home and the home fans are going absolutely nuts!!! It's a big Champions League for them as it's PAOK 2-2 (2-2) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Gosh, amazing updates recently, as soon as I saw that Hart was stating I just knew it was written in the stars for him to score!  

This is such an amazing conclusion to the thread, with FM18 on the horizon I suspect this might be the last season, seems it's meant to be for you to win the league this year.

I think you won't get any offers from other clubs now, FM seems to have a failure to do that when you get to this level, on my Leeds save you'd imagine most top clubs in Europe would want me, and even though I'm on a v low wage (I always set it low to save the club money!) I've not had a single offer in 5 years (and many trophies later).

I think some of it is based on reputation. I'm pretty sure that clubs with lower reputation will never come in for you even if they could afford to buy you out, but a club in a lower division who still have more reputation (from being a bigger club and recently relegated or something) will come in for you sometimes. We're now a 4* side on the Club Reputation bit, not sure how long it would've been like that, but only West Ham (4.5*), Tottenham (4.5*), Liverpool (4.5*), Man United (4.5*), Arsenal (5*), Chelsea (5*) and Man City (5*) are above us now. 

My reputation is Very Good (just under 4*) and 75 percent on the characteristic bit. I'm guessing I'm probably not at an elite enough level to attract the likes of City, Arsenal and Chelsea, whilst none of United, Liverpool, Spurs or West Ham fancy a punt on me either. West Ham have had the same guy for 6 years, with Liverpool's manager being there for 5 years too, leaving only Spurs and United as possible 'realistic' moves. United and Spurs have both gone through managers a fair bit in the last few years, I think even with United falling off a bit I'm still not in their league, as the last guy that United hired just a year ago had still got a World Cup and European Championship to his name as a manager. 

I'm happy enough at Wednesday in what will be my last 1, 2 or maybe 3/4 seasons before FM18, but would certainly be pleased to get a really big job to finish things off to increase the chances of winning a lot more silverware too!

February

9880b48985079d332608f852ef462a65.png

An off day in the FA Cup. West Ham played us off the park at Olympic Stadium and we won't be winning a 3rd FA Cup in a row, that's for sure. 

90818260bc80ee9eafe991d721eddf1c.png

21eac1fd0198952dce8c540ae2d5702c.png

Some pretty promising results at the start of the month, with Romulo coming off the bench to rescue a win against Bournemouth, as well as a decent 2-2 draw at Anfield, before a 2-1 win at home to Leicester. Man City took an early lead at Hart Arena, then Silvio Luiz got injured, Stucki replaced him and got injured himself by the half hour mark and we just couldn't create anything after that. I played Romulo as a shadow striker and it just didn't work, which lead to my decision to persist with 4-4-2 even with the better strikers out injured. 

ba936f1f3e596e1b4180ae16ca7a939c.png

The loss to City unfortunately puts us down to 3rd, but we at least have distance between us and Spurs. We're still in the conversation for the title, but especially with all those strikers out, we have to be considered outsiders at this point. 

2b2e36b4d70a354593b32195178a01e9.png

A big game at Wembley. A League Cup final against Manchester City. A competition I've not won yet and would love to add to my collection of trophies. More or less the same side that played PAOK, although Vincent Verweijj comes in for Matt Hart as Verweijj is eligible to play in this competition. 

19th minute: Peake making some strides into the Sheffield half. He's trying to beat Cagatay on the left side, if he can he could get a cross in, ohh and Cagatay dives to the floor, was he out-muscled or fouled? It doesn't matter becacuse the referee is waving play on, Peake with the cross... and VAN AART CAN'T MISS!! He fires home from 5 yards and City have the lead! MANCHESTER CITY 1-0 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Edited by PaulHartman71

42nd minute: It's almost half-time. It's been all City this half, Wednesday haven't really turned up. Vayrynen with a throw in for the Citizens, trying to get one last ball into the box... He finds Bonanno who plays a 1-2 back with him, now Vayrynen with cross... ohhhhh and it take a wicked deflection off of Osagie and goes in!! An own goal for Wednesday and just before half-time they now find themselves 2 down! It's MANCHESTER CITY 2-0 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

50th minute: Wednesday have started this half a bit more positively. Arnauld with a long ball into the left of the City half, with Claude running onto it. He finds Moalisson Brener ahead of him, Brener hits an inviting ball into the middle... AND VINCENT VERWEIJ heads home!! A powerful header from the 17 year old! They're back in this one as it's MANCHESTER CITY 2-1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

72nd minute: Brener dribbing away on the left side of the pitch. He hits a delightful ball up the pitch to Andy Kilday who is about 30 yards from goal. Kilday finds Romulo on the edge of the area, he's got Verweij in the middle, he finds him ohhhhhhhhh and the young Dutch lad fires it past the keeper!! Incredible stuff as the 17 year old makes it 2-2 and Wednesday are right back in this one!! MANCHESTER CITY 2-2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Edited by PaulHartman71

94th minute: Bruaer with the goal-kick for Wednesday. He hits it high and long, but Bargozza up there makes a great interception, his header finds Laurent on the half-way line and City might break here... Van Aart running onto it, he finds Peake who HITS IT....AND IT FINDS THE BACK OF THE NET! It was a nice comeback from Wednesday, but City are back in-front now! MANCHESTER CITY 3-2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

3rd minute: An early corner for Sheffield. Moalisson Brener stands over it...he pumps it into the box... Ohhhhh and Acuna with a very powerful header which finds the top left corner!! A magnificent start for the home team, Hillsborough is bouncing because it's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-0 (3-2) PAOK

30th minute: Rahn with the ball in his own half for the Greeks. But Kilday closes him down and intercepts it, he finds Matt Hart who is 30 yards from goal... he dithers in making a decision and Delgado nicks it and passes it back to Mellinger...ohhhhh but a terrible first touch from him, lets the ball fall to Kilday just outside the box... it's KILDAYYYYYYY!!!!! He doesn't miss from there! The keeper had no chance and just like that it's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2-0 (4-2) PAOK and all of a sudden it's a long way back for the away side, who need 2 goals now to progress. 

61st minute: Osagie with it for Wednesday in the PAOK half. He finds Claude out on the wide left, he dinks it to Moalisson Brener who is ahead of him on the wing near the PAOK box...he cuts in and takes a shot....ohhhhh and it takes a massive deflection and goes in! That's probably going to go down as an own goal, but Wednesday have got a 3rd goal here and with half hour left, the Greeks need to find 3 goals when really they're having trouble finding just 1. SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3-0 (5-2) PAOK

March

3ccba1a0c7acb1f098a162eae4ffecb6.png

Our league form has suffered a bit this month as we failed to win a single game, losing twice and getting a single point in what tbf was a decent result at West Ham. 

b702611ca51b2411903269c8f2ef1dd8.png

The title is definitely gone, we could make 2nd still, but we need to keep an eye on Liverpool and Villa who will be looking to nick a spot in the Top 4. 

ccc29aaa12ff4eb5e0da4d93f8b1912d.png

I was absolutely praying that we got Club Brugge :D Chelsea are the current holders of the Champions League, but in fairness, when I look at that draw we haven't done too badly. I'd take Chelsea over Man City, Real Madrid and Arsenal for sure. We beat Monaco in the Europa League last season and Liverpool and Chelsea are probably around the same kind of level, although we did put 7 past Chelsea earlier in the season :brock:

6f431d50903b9c7f56e1ac4b8ecc395b.png

More or less the same team as with the 2nd leg against PAOK, except Arnaud is fit again at CB and comes in. Matt Hart starts once again due to Yianni and Stucki not being fit enough, despite no longer being injured injured. 

We face Chelsea at a sold out Hillsborough in what will be a huge night for all involved.

Edited by PaulHartman71

60th minute: Lewis in the middle of the pitch. He's got a few ahead of him, Brown out to the right. He finds Brown. Brown recently back from injury, perhaps not been at the level we've come to expect jsut yet, but what can he do here... he tries to beat his man like he so often did last season... and he's got a very inviting cross in to the middle....and KILDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! Hillsborough erupts, because Sheffield Wednesday have taken the lead in a Champions League Quarter Final!!!! It's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-0 (1-0) CHELSEA

70th minute: Chelsea have woken up a bit in the last few minutes. They know they need to find an away goal tonight. Rodriguez making some progress up the pitch, he finds Paransen who's about 35 yards from goal... he plays a lovely ball out wide to Pedro who puts a low cross in... ohhhh and it takes a deflection off of Frank Prins... OHHHHH and Brauer prevents the own goal, but he can only parry it straigh to Miguelito who hammers it home from 3 yards out!!! A big mess up from Wednesday and it's given Chelsea a huge goal! SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-1 (1-1) CHELSEA

85th minute: Not much time for either side to get a goal. Chelsea on the attack. Miguelito who got the first is coming towards the Wednesday half, ohhh but Dale Lewis tackles him and he plays a wonderful ball out wide right to the substitute Cagatay Karmil, Karmil cuts in and crosses it in with his left foot... OHHHH AND LEIGH BROWN GETS HIS HEAD TO ITTTTTT!!!! Leigh Brown, who has missed so much of this season through injury, did not miss with that header!!! The keeper came for it, he didn't get there and the home fans are cheering once more, because it's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2-1 (2-1) CHELSEA

66th minute: Dale Lewis to take this corner for Wednesday, maybe he can have a bit more success on this side than Moalisson Brener has had on the other one. Lewis into the middle...AND IT'S CAGATAY KARMIL!!! He's absolutely thrown himself towards the ball like a dart and that is a BIG BIG goal in this tie, because as things stand it is CHELSEA 0-1 (1-3) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!!

73rd minute: Moalisson Brener standing over a free-kick. He doesn't often take them...BUT MAYBE HE SHOULD!!! He's smashed that home and the home fans have gone very very quiet, because Chelsea now need 4 goals without reply in just under 20 minutes if they're to go through. CHELSEA 0-2 (1-4) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

83rd minute: Darius Lewis standing over this free kick for Chelsea. He might have a try for goaaal.... he finds it! A goal back for Chelsea, they're rushing to get the ball back, 8 minutes left on the clock, surely they couldn't find 3 goals in that time?? CHELSEA 1-2 (2-4) SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY