[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

September

7983fcaaafe37d209c150eca8981f86d.png

Another absolutely fantastic month apart from the 4-1 trashing at Crewe. The Tranmere win was a real highlight as we were 2-0 up and blew our lead, but May and Taggart combined late on in a counter attack to seal the 3 points in what felt like a really strong win. 

5799270d8e7f893450b591464081e6d7.png

10 games gone and we're 2nd. Pretty magical stuff. I don't expect it to last but we're in good form at the minute and I just have to try and keep it going. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

October

5eaf2ae7c3d57532b0bd26c622b4e6fe.png

It took a shoot-out but we won against Tranmere in our 2nd match in the EFL Trophy, this ensures we make it to the next round. 

775cea4992f714220885c91746c8445d.png

Our red hot league form continued this month, with 4 wins and 2 draws. The month kicked off with a lovely 1-0 away win against Lampard's Gillingham, with Aaron May's winner actually being his 100th goal for the club. We nearly lost at Swindon but a 77th minute header from a corner kept us in it, then we won 3-0 twice on the bounce against Bristol Rovers and Hereford FC. It had been a good month for Aaron May already with 3 goals in 5 games, but then he decided he wanted 3 in one game to secure a brilliant first-half hat-trick, as we absolutely decimated Fleetwood. 

0049ea738768fb9b350690adc5cd2f0e.png

It might only be on goal difference, but for now we are top of the league! There's 10 points between us and the 7th, so for the time being we are at least secure-ish in the Playoff places. 

November

df2a9937952255d99c13d7cab4010df6.png

I didn't actually realize that if we lost this we'd be out of the competition, but we did - and we are. Oh well. 

86f715991f1816fed8096e49c711bd4b.png

A 1-0 win at Mansfield saw us through in the FA Cup though. 

e31f15fad1a831aab39c1d835d3dd323.png

3 draws and 1 loss this month. This wouldn't have been a horrific month last year by any means, it's not all that bad this year either, but in the context of where we are in the table and the red hot form we've been in, it was a bit of a reality check. 

53d8250b1cc76afbb4ca87c877b0f7f4.png

We're still up in 2nd for now as we approach the halfway stage. Still a 10 point gap to outside of the Playoffs, but that will soon be narrowed if this poor form continues. 

d4ebc970359ffd4da4721b47ca2afaf0.png

I've had another club come in for me, this time it was Fleetwood Town, who again are in League 1, currently sitting in 17th. It wouldn't be a horrific move but considering we're 2nd you could see why I wouldn't be jumping at the chance. The grass isn't always greener, especially when I look at the bottom of the table and see Northampton in 24th...

90ca3ea635509d9f25ca1ab51459d2e1.png

Thankfully Blackpool bailed me out again. The board are quite attached to me it seems. This is great for now as it's saving me from making sideways steps, but it could be an issue if a bigger club comes in for me. 

December

fada2a8f7214dabd332ba040630db7fb.png

A very comfortable win against League 2 side Dartford to get in the draw for the 3rd round. We've got a very lucky draw and have got ourselves a trip to Stamford Bridge, which was newly renovated and now holds 60,000. Should be a decent day out! 

25825e1d3475d8d8016c6e83be99145e.png

We could only draw at home to Carlisle and then lost away to Hartlepool, but since then things have picked up. We smashed relegation battlers Grimsby with Aaron May scoring an incredible 4 goals, then we came from behind to beat Bristol City. The Luton win was perhaps the best as we'd led for so long, but then Luton equalised in the 85th minute and I thought that was it - but then May put Taggart through in injury time, he still had a lot to do but he managed to finish them off with a powerful strike that I celebrated wildly. That wasn't enough though, as just a minute later we had another one through May to really rub it in. 

6359c72eb5c18ccea254e212966f9a93.png

20 games to go and the prospect of promotion actually looks somewhat feasible now. 12 points between us and 7th at least gives us a fairly good chance of making the Playoffs at least, with 8 points between us and 3rd which is good, but could easily fall with a run of bad games. 

12 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Thankfully Blackpool bailed me out again. The board are quite attached to me it seems. This is great for now as it's saving me from making sideways steps, but it could be an issue if a bigger club comes in for me. 

If this happens then maybe you'd want to have a word with the board about the contract before agreeing. Maybe demand better facilities, coaching, a new stadium move etc. They might well tell ya to do one after. A bit gamey but if a Championship job comes up...

This does work and they withdraw the contract offer. I've been flirting with bigger clubs for two seasons now on my Hornchurch save to try and convince them to improve the youth facilities and after we chat they always say 'see ya then'.

4ae011d1b6873deb8288d46a292630a7.png

Ross Taylor has gone to Bolton for £250K. Tbh I would've taken half of that for him just to get his £3,500+ wages of the wage bill. He was signed with the hope of being a top scoring striker, but in 15 games he didn't score once, missed a penalty and was pretty injury prone. Amazed Bolton chucked that much at him but his value was £600K and he does have good stats, just doesn't turn up on the pitch. 

8 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

If this happens then maybe you'd want to have a word with the board about the contract before agreeing. Maybe demand better facilities, coaching, a new stadium move etc. They might well tell ya to do one after. A bit gamey but if a Championship job comes up...

This does work and they withdraw the contract offer. I've been flirting with bigger clubs for two seasons now on my Hornchurch save to try and convince them to improve the youth facilities and after we chat they always say 'see ya then'.

Yeah it's interesting to see how it works. I sort of expected them to not bother the 2nd time, as Port Vale didn't the 2nd time, but I suppose I am "Untouchable" on the board ranking and have got a lot of favour with the fans etc after the two title wins and that. It definitely seems like my get out clause has dropped low enough to entice clubs now though, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few more League 1 sides come in for me before the end of the season if I don't get offered an extension. Maybe a Championship side will once my coaching badge qualification comes through. 

d929a5a8296c941b23240b583bdf8e42.png

We are without defender Neil Dallas and central midfielder Justin Young for our trip to Stamford Bridge. A bit weird that they haven't had a new stadium yet, but I suppose they have expanded Stamford Bridge to 60,000 though. 55,000 have turned up for this game, with only 3,500 away fans travelling (a lot less than the 8,000+ at Old Trafford, but I suppose we could have had less of a share this time. 

1st minute: We're underway at Stamford Bridge! Markus Weinzeri's men sit top of the Premier League table and we'll be hoping for an easy start to life in the FA Cup this season. They won't have forgotten Adam Hart's Blackpool side taking Man United to penalties last season though, so they will have to be wary. 

15th minute: Severs bringing the ball forward into the Blackpool half. He's getting closed down but he picks out Benali ahead of him, Benali trying to weave and duck his way through the Orange shirts all around him. He's got Trigas in the box, it's to Trigas who plays it short out wide to Kaloudis, Kaloudis sticks it into the box AND SEVERS IS THERE! Wells gets a hand to it but he can't keep it out, Chelsea are ahead! It's CHELSEA 1-0 BLACKPOOL

24th minute: Aaron May darting towards the Chelsea goal. He's got Taggart along with him, but it looks like May might go it alone, it's AARON MAY... that's inches away from the goal! A real effort from 25 yards there from Blackpool's top scorer this season. 

43rd minute: Chelsea have a throw in within their own half. It's Kaloudis...to Severs...intercepted by De Groot on more or less the half way line. He passes it to May who has dropped deep to collect it, he finds Taggart who is about 25 yards from goal with his back to it. A nice 1-2 as Taggart gives it back to May just outside the box...OH AND MAY HAS A CRACK...IT'S NOT THE BEST SHOT BUT ADEBAYO HAS SPILLED IT...IT'S SLOWLY ROLLING ALONG THE GOAL LINE...IS IT IN...YES THE LINESMAN HAS FLAGGED! BLACKPOOL ARE LEVEL! IT'S CHELSEA 1-1 BLACKPOOL just minutes before half-time!

46th minute: The whistle has been blown and it's half time at Stamford Bridge. Weinzeri's men took the lead early on but Blackpool were never out of it and just before half-time they got the goal to prove it. A big 2nd half coming up, could a Cup Upset be on the cards here?

47th minute: Chelsea have a free-kick on the edge of the box. A perfect angle for a left footer. It's Macias who will have a go. Alejandro MACIAAAAS....IT'S FLOWN INTO THE TOP CORNER! An incredible free-kick, Jodi Wells got a strong hand to it but there's not many goalkeepers alive or dead who could've stopped that one. Chelsea are back ahead within minutes of the 2nd half, a real sucker punch for Blackpool! CHELSEA 2-1 BLACKPOOL

57th minute: A goal kick for Blackpool. Jodi Wells absolutely whacks it up field. It's cleared away by a blue shirt and Chelsea will look to play out from the back now. Macias, to Scott just inside the Chelsea half, now it's with Severs, who passes forwards to DODD WHO STRIKES IT... but Jodi Wells makes a smart save to deny Chelsea a 3rd goal which would surely seal it. 

64th minute: Benali attacking on the right wing, but White intercepts it and he's absolutely hammered it up field towards Taggart, oh and the Chelsea defender has missed the ball completley and Taggart is in! He's steaming down at the Chelsea goal, he's got May in the middle, but there's blue shirts around him, TAGGART MIGHT GO IT ALONE....OH AND THAT'S A WONDERFUL SOLO GOAL FROM MARTIN TAGGART! Blackpool are level once more! CHELSEA 2-2 BLACKPOOL

67th minute: A corner for Chelsea. Lots of blue shirts in the box, but plenty of orange ones back for this. Macias to hit this in...it's headed away but only as far as Severs on the edge of the box, he strikes it, ohhhh and it's taken a big deflection which takes it away from Wells and into the net! A fortunate goal but Chelsea take the lead for the 3rd time! CHELSEA 3-2 BLACKPOOL

78th minute: Wayne Dodd holding the ball up for The Blues. He's got 3 shirts in the Blackpool box, it's Dodd to dink into the box...GEORGE SCOTT HEADS IT TOWARDS GOAL...OH AND IT'S HIT THE BALL AND NO!! JODI WELLS CLEARS IT TO SAFETY! A let off for Blackpool. 

86th minute: Blackpool still looking for their 3rd equaliser of the tie. It's Ryan Kennedy running down the left, he's got Taggart and May in the box, Kennedy puts the ball in...MAY SMASHES IT...OHHH AND ADEBAYO SOMEHOW KEEPS IT OUT! WHAT A HUGE SAVE THAT IS!

93rd minute: Chelsea look like they've weathered a late Blackpool storm. Yes. The refere has blown! The home fans are happy, but the away ones won't go back to Blackpool too disappointed as their lads gave it a good go!

b3d080efaf39dfc6198b7b6ab6d8f55c.png

c8a85813f55056759056c7a2810af99a.png

Edited by PaulHartman71

4 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

15th minute: Severs bringing the ball forward into the Blackpool half. He's getting closed down but he picks out Benali ahead of him, Benali trying to weave and duck his way through the Orange shirts all around him. He's got Trigas in the box, it's to Trigas who plays it short out wide to Kaloudis, Kaloudis sticks it into the box AND SEVERS IS THERE! Wells gets a hand to it but he can't keep it out, Chelsea are ahead! It's CHELSEA 1-0 BLACKPOOL

Hard to get the image of Francis Benali powering towards the Blackpool goal out of my head whilst reading this.
Although 1 goal in his 348 league appearances wouldn't have many keepers worried(!)

394.jpg

January

1a0cfeb257573293d59d8bffd73ee735.png

2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses in the league this month, not terrible form, but if we keep losing 2 games a month we will surely drop out the automatic promotion places and possibly the Playoffs. 

9dab18b386ea2ec7e713b824e4e19f7d.png

15 games to go and we're still 2nd though. Coventry just 2 points ahead of us, with Derby closing in on us in 3rd though. 13 points from falling out of the Playoff places is quite promising though. 

Quickly as for another coaching badge :)

Great season so far, I really hope you can get over the line for Auto promotion.  IMO max out your transfer budget into the wage budget and sign some good out of contract players, lower leagues its rare to pay for a player, so many good free's available if you have the wage budget. 

February

7d44030562e8f0f1b63e559ce3ecd8c2.png

A huge month in our bid for promotion. We didn't play that well at all this month, but the resiliency shown to grind out wins was second to none. I'm not sure which I enjoyed more, the away one at Barnsley was incredible because it was so so late in the game and when May went through I didn't think he'd do it but he did. Then against Lampard we did pretty much the same thing 4 days later, that time I really didn't think we'd get a late winner as we had last time, but to do it for the 2nd time in 2 matches was absolutely brilliant, cheered that goal as it went in massively. The loss to Wycombe was poor, but I have to take full blame for that one, it was 0-0 for most of the match and they only scored their 2 goals past the 82 minutes - it was my bad because I forgot to pause the game before going for a dump, so we didn't end up making any subs at all and had tired players. At least we recovered to beat Swindon in our 3rd 1-0 win of the month. 

30b52cebaa922d49e0b75a9a74eb24c1.png

Top of the league ffs :D 10 games to go and Derby certainly aren't giving on automatic promotion just yet, there's a chase for the Playoffs to, but tbh with a 15 point gap I think we've at least sewn the Playoffs up barring an incredibly bad end to the season. We will be without Martin Taggart for 3-4 weeks though, so there is a chance we go on a big losing run. 

I've been quietly following this on and off for a while.. Glad you're getting a good spell at a club, Blackpool seem to fit you well! I also like that Crewe are your bogey team.

It's a really tricky one I think re these job offers as maybe if you keep rejecting them then you will become too 'loyal' in the eyes of the game and not get any more offers?  Might be worth reducing the comp clause?

Really hope you can seal promotion! But would also like you to then get a move to a bigger championship side :)

2 hours ago, mrdanbartlett said:

It's a really tricky one I think re these job offers as maybe if you keep rejecting them then you will become too 'loyal' in the eyes of the game and not get any more offers?  Might be worth reducing the comp clause?

Really hope you can seal promotion! But would also like you to then get a move to a bigger championship side :)

Based on his multi year experience, he should at least get a call from EPL  relegation battle side

March

0650681a2bba2e5f804c4ee4c549818a.png

It feels like we've lost all momentum at this point. We got draws against Hereford and Northampton, but lost both of our away games. 

6c66cf72f8426bf4153eb0776bb72721.png

With 6 games to go we're still somehow 2nd, but Derby and Carlisle are closing in on us and we still have to play both of them away from home. Tbh at this point I think we have to try and settle for the Playoffs as I just can't see us keeping hold of 2nd place with those two games still to come. 

d9f33077938218c991abebe27778b2d6.png

Our poor form continued with a horrific loss to Leyton Orient and then a 2-0 loss to Barnet, but we at least got a 0-0 draw with Derby. 

0e5a39c6b89bff7c73aad8603e052da6.png

With 3 games to go the automatic Playoff places have gone, but we're still in a pretty good position to stay in the Playoff places. Although I will play no further part in Blackpool's bid for promotion, as yet another team has come in for me and this time the board did not intervene, maybe it was the bad form :D 

b98726b9e6545556e7eecb17d3d8018f.png

ae1f7262945bb7bb6f03dc14ded6cf70.png

1c87f1d25f363e4f3e10b158092c7234.png

Swindon have essentially sacked their manager for failing to get Playoffs, as they got relegated from the Championship last season and wanted to go straight back up. Barring an absolute miracle that doesn't look like it will happen, but we'll do our best in the final 3 games and see what happens. Danny Murphy is actually the U23 manager at the club and was the Caretaker Manager when I took over, looking at his history, he's actually been at Swindon since the game began and has been their Caretaker Manager on no less than 5 occasions. 

a6db1d433fd642eca6292b05a046cb3d.png

I've been given quite a tasty wage rise. There is a lot more money at Swindon than there was at Blackpool too, as here at Swindon we actually have the highest wage spend in the entire league. At Blackpool my wage budget was £2.15M per year, whereas Swindon are spending £4.75M! 

This might prove for the better long term considering the money present in the club, but still, what a shame to get weaseled away from a playoff/promotion contender.

10 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

This might prove for the better long term considering the money present in the club, but still, what a shame to get weaseled away from a playoff/promotion contender.

Yeah it is annoying not being able to finish the Playoff campaign, but I dunno, we were in pretty awful form and I don't think we would have won in the Playoffs. The silver lining is that Swindon are absolutely loaded for a League 1 side so if all goes well in the summer and we recruit well, we should have a really good crack at automatic promotion or at least the Playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

How strong is the squad as it stands? Are they underachieving?

They've got a fair few loan players, but the star players they've got that are contracted to them are leagues ahead of anything I had at Blackpool. Within just 3 days of being at the club I got an offer of £1.1M from Portland Timbers for our left back ffs :D Some of the wages as well are mad, we've got one striker who only has 13 goals in 41 starts on £12,750 per week. Aaron May had 23 in 43 and he was on £1.8K per week :D 

Edited by PaulHartman71

1 minute ago, PaulHartman71 said:

They've got a fair few loan players, but the star players they've got that are contracted to them are leagues ahead of anything I had at Blackpool. Within just 3 days of being at the club I got an offer of £1.1M from Portland Timbers for our left back ffs :D Some of the wages as well are mad, we've got one striker who only has 13 goals in 41 starts on £12,750 per week. Aaron May had 23 in 43 and he was on £1.8K per week :D 

Geez! Sounds like a real opportunity to be honest, might delay you another season, but better in the long term if you can hold on a season or two without being poached again.

2dbec0b19a1e38d77f69ff91ecd31c3d.png

Well the guy I was slagging off for getting paid too much sure showed me, he got a hat-trick in my first match :D 

a97ad09891f833d578a73745cc9598b6.png

This puts us up to 8th with 2 points between us and Crewe for the final Playoff spot, although of course Leyton Orient are a point ahead of us ready to pounce too, although, as fate would have it, Crewe and Leyton Orient actually play each other on the final day of the season. We have 2 home games left, against mid-table side Bristol Rovers and Luton who are 17th. I'm still not getting my hopes up, but to get into the Playoffs would be pretty funny. 

Our left back has turned down the move to Portland Timbers as they wouldn't offer him a good enough wage. A bit annoying in all honesty, as whilst he's a decent player, over £1M for a player at this level would give me one hell of a budget to work with next summer. 

6cbe18c960e2501e0695f6790c207ab9.png

Luton took the lead early on in the first half and I completely wrote the game and the season off at that point. Mark Black equalised but we missed so many chances in the 2nd half that I didn't expect a winner to ever come, but then in the 84th minute, Black popped up with another one to seal 3 points and the game! 

68fa9794c103dca0e20dd9c43886b1d1.png

It's out of our hands on the final day. Blackburn in 7th face Hartlepool who are bottom and already down, so you'd expect a home banker there. So essentially what we are hoping for is for Crewe and Leyton Orient to draw with each other, as if we win and that result happens, we will make the Playoffs, unless Barnet manage to win and end up with a better goal difference than us. If we end up on the same goal difference, Barnet would also go up instead of us due to having scored more goals than us.