[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22nd minute: It's been all Gladbach so far in this game, but McCabe has won the ball back for his side in the middle of the pitch, he passes it left to Simpson, Simpson hits it first time upfield to Ashbee, Ashbee controls it, he has Feindouno running into the box, he passes it and FEINDOUNO...OHHHH AND THAT'S SO CLOSE TO A SHOCK OPENING GOAL! Feindouno has just blazed it over the bar but that was a real chance for the away side!

42nd minute: It's been mostly Gladbach this half but Port Talbot haven't relented the 0-0 so far. Otto has it in the middle, he hits it just outside the box where Flipovic is, he flicks it on to Outtara who is out of the box, he runs into the box and past James Sprudd on the right, he's cut in and hit a powerful cross...AND ANFANG IS THERE! He smashes it home to make it GLADBACH 1-0 PORT TALBOT

45th minute: The referee blows for half-time and the home side are 1-0 up. It's been a pretty resillient display from Port Talbot though, if they could keep it 1-0 or nick a shock away goal they'd be very happy with tonight. Gladbach will be looking to get a few more in the 2nd half you would think though. 

59th minute: Josh Youngjohns is sprinting down the right wing for Port Talbot, they're trying to hit Gladbach on the counter and they just might do it, Youngjohns just has Alberti to beat and he's clean in on the right hand side, but Alberti clatters him! Is that a free-kick? The referee says Alberti got the ball there but Youngjohns has stayed down. He's signalling to the bench that he doesn't think he can continue. An unfortunate injury here for the Welshman. 

61st minute: Port Talbot will be making an enforced change here, it's the injured Youngjohns off for Richard Saunders. 

67th minute: Anfang leading the charge for Gladbach. He's put in a high through ball to Flipovic who is running clear into the box, Flipovic to strike it, it's hit the bar but oh no, it's come off the bar and hit Garnett the keeper and gone into the net. Will that go down as an own goal? I think it might. That's rotten luck for the away side but it makes the score on the night GLADBACH 2-0 PORT TALBOT

72nd minute: Gladbach have a free-kick on the edge of the Port Talbot box. It's Anfang to take it. 5 blue shirts in the wall and Garnett is hollering orders at them. Anfang strikes it...OH AND THAT'S FLEW INTO THE TOP CORNER. GARNETT WELL BEATEN! It's GLADBACH 3-0 PORT TALBOT

82nd minute: Ashbee lining up a free-kick for Port Talbot. It's in a similar position to the one Gladbach scored at the other end. This would be a real time for Port Talbot to grab an away goal, a 3-1 loss away from home to a far superior side wouldn't be all that bad a result. Ashbee hits it...OH AND IT'S CANNONED OFF THE POST! THE CLOSEST OF MARGINS FOR ASHBEE!

851e84134fce1dfb434cc5d136d1c19c.png

The only change we make is Richard Saunders, our 3rd choice RM option, comes in to replace the injured Josh Youngjohns. The 2nd choice RM, James Gardiner, is also currently injured which is why Saunders gets a rare start. 

We've pulled in a crowd of 5,005 - with 2,407 of those being away fans.

Edited by PaulHartman71

20th minute: Outtarra running at the Welsh side's defence, he's got Garba ahead to his right, Anfang to his left, he's played in Anfang into the box...oh and O'Brien has clattered him! Did he get the ball? The referee says no! It's a penalty to the Germans!

Flipovic lining up the penalty. He's gone straight down the middle...OH AND GARNETT GETS THERE! A BIG SAVE FROM THE KEEPER EARLY ON AND THE HOME FANS GO WILD! 

24th minute: Gladbach storming forward once more. They want a goal and they want it now. Engels cuts it inside to Garba, Garba hits a low pass to ANFANG...HE'S FIRED IT HOME. It's PORT TALBOT 0-1 (0-4) GLADBACH

Edited by PaulHartman71

49th minute: Gladbach have come out this half hungry for another goal, they're breaking right now and they might just get a 2nd. Flipovic causing some problems down the right hand side, he's cut past Robertson and put a cross in...ANFANG IS THERE ONCE MORE! That's Anfang's 2nd and it's PORT TALBOT 0-2 (0-5) GLADBACH

57th minute: Sprudd hits a looping ball forward to Feindouno on the half way line, could Port Talbot break away here? Feindouno passes across the pitch to Ashbee, Ashbee back to Feinduno and he sees Carl Simpson making a run into the box on the left hand side, he's totally unmarked, it's played in to Simpson...the keeper comes for it and Simpson dinks it in at the near post! What a finish! The home side have a goal back and it's PORT TALBOT 1-2 (1-5) GLADBACH

93rd minute: The referee is blowing for full time here. A valiant effort from Port Talbot who lose 2-1 on the night, but they'll be pleased with their effort tonight against the big German side. 

2b40e713dfbc84c63dcef1b1ac6d715b.png

26a8f1911362aad8493c7b08e2d4a3a0.png

Big shout out to Lincoln Red Imps too for their amazing run, they gave it their all against Slavia Prague but it wasn't enough, but what a run it was: 

36cf4fec44afdb52de905451efbe59fe.png

August

59efd54b5eb24443e98e4b712ad88b84.png

We faced Prestatyn just 3 days after our first leg away in Gladbach and well, yeah, we lost didn't we. I'm fully blaming the mid-week Europa League game for this one...

c533a7fcfd47359bc791759de19d1aa8.png

Feindouno got his first goal in Welsh football as we won 1-0 at Llandudno to get through in the Welsh League Cup. Normality has surely resumed and we will rise up the table in no time! 

September

ebadb830498a195740f7a177b5dc4e41.png

Pretatyn pulled one over on us again as they knocked us out of the Welsh League Cup. 

daabd7408dd565ef7c52173db3b6b9eb.png

The league started off with a good win at Aber, before 3 draws in a row against Bangor, Bala and TNS, with the first two seeing quite late equalisers for us. We did at least end the month with a demolition of Carmarthen. 

a533c737d7a57ff821b8c8de15841100.png

Prestatyn in red hot form so far, we're 9 points behind them with 6 games played, but I expect to slowly catch them as the season progresses. 

October

0a5f929ee72c4814dd6d1d6c6106c194.png

We got really unlucky in the Scottish League Challenge Cup. We dragged Ross County to extra-time and we were just 30 seconds away from a shoot-out when they scored a sickening winner. Gutted. 

308e8894a33c75272bcae17f6aaf011a.png

An unbeaten month with Feindouno in fine form, a decent draw at in-form Prestatyn but we could do with turning some of those draws into wins so we can catch them ASAP. 

1bced27fe0dc8526830dfb335e605dc0.png

6 points behind as Prestatyn have had a red hot start and we've been drawing a fair bit, but my word, look at TNS ffs :D 

22 years experience, gosh that has gone quickly! 

So pleased you've got a new challenge, can't wait to see how this pans out.  What is the transfer and wage budget like?

What about the squad in terms of quality, depth and balance etc.  Get searching for those out of contract players, usually its v easy to build a decent squad in the lower leagues from out of contract players.

49 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Ah, my club.  A very old picture of Huish Park there, a few updates since.

I am now watching with even more interest. I expect nothing less than Championship football within two full seasons.

Looks like the supporters are demanding...

Cheers,
Bitner 

Nice that you finally got a move away, you definitely accomplished all you could with Port Talbot. Unless you were stuck there for another decade, you might have been able build and have a good crack at Europe :D

I imagine we'll see you get back to being snapped up at every opportunity now that you're in England again.

6 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Our wage budget is £33K p/w and we're over spent on that already, so any signings in January are probably a no go. The club is 350K in debt too which is always good. Haydon Barton seems like the best player/attacking threat we have, keeping him fit will help things I feel. 

Look to shift deadwood ASAP, offer them out for £0, if that fails for loan with 100% wage contribution.  Also look at Prem teams to get loan players on 0% wage contribution - can be so useful at this level.

December

b2b7db0d0a0b68c8ccec088ae1951b34.pnga

Our leading goalscorer, Haydon Barton, picked up a groin strain to keep him out for a month after the Luton loss. This was a set back, but we bounced back from it with a good 2-1 win away to Charlton in my second game in charge. We then lost 1-0 to Notts County, but I'm not letting this dampen our spirits too much as they are in 3rd place which would indicate they're a much better side than us. 

604d94fb17b1e7d1f5ebcb357f84e7fe.png

There's not a whole amount of room for growth up the table unless we go on a really good run, but beating Charlton has put them within arms reach. We still have a decent enough gap between us, Wrexham and especially Wigan for me to not get too worried about the relegation threat just yet. 

Edited by PaulHartman71

27 minutes ago, jim owen said:

Going to miss the enjoyment of non league, and the aside to wales and european football. Still at least you can lookforward to taking on the likes of aston villa U23s next year in the checkatrade trophy

We went out this year at the Group Stage, partially due to Southampton U23s. 

The list of past winners doesn't exactly make for great reading for fans of league clubs. Chelsea U23s won last year beating Newcastle U23s in the final and look at the past winners from previous years: 

bcc69593a4a80b61fea845b3d41a9e2e.png

January

Unfortunately my predecessor had signed enough loan signings to prevent me from getting any more in, just a bit of a shame that a fair chunk of the ones he got in are a bit bum. 

b8a6b6ceaca8e3d717c0b393cced1cf5.png

2039 got off to a glum start as we lost to promotion hopefuls Oxford, before going to 4th place Grimsby and losing. 9th place Stockport gave us a hell of a game as we came from 2-0 down to lead 3-2, before throwing it away and losing in the last 15 minutes. We did at least get a big win 5-3 away win against relegation fighting Walsall, before we drew 2 on the bounce against Rochdale and Shrewsbury. 

4cf836d20aaee60617fe5ae2651c114b.png

We've slipped down the table a bit but we're still 7 points ahead of Walsall and I don't think we're in a massive amount of danger of going down. Walsall and Wigan are quite poor sides and I think we have enough about us to not get dragged into the scrap. 

41 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

I could terminate them but I think in the football league there's a limit on how many loans you can have during one season whether you terminate them or not. I think in the non league it's less strict and you can do whatever you like. 

Go to a player and make loan offer.  The text under the % of wages you pay states how many you can sign.

23 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Go to a player and make loan offer.  The text under the % of wages you pay states how many you can sign.

Cheers. It says I can't sign any at the moment as I'm at the limit, but I'm worried if I terminate the ones I have then I can't get new ones. I'm sure that's definitely a thing with long term, maybe not short term. I haven't managed in the football league for a long time tbf, there wasn't any of these limits in the 7th and 8th tier :D 

February

ce60ab020c16a3e854b1b7ebbf0b1b73.png

Yeah so this month was pretty bad. We could only draw against bottom place Wigan and the loss to Wrexham is really bad. The players aren't helping though as we had a red card against Wigan and Lincoln which to some extent cost us big time in both of those matches. 

3f99802476586bfb354c148c6e072986.png

It's getting quite tasty down here. We could well be in for a tense end to the season. 

Oh dear, not good, I think you may need 42-45 points to be safe, so that is 3-4 more wins in the next 11 games - what are you remaining fixtures looking like?

Could be time for a team talk ahead of the easiest next game?  

Maybe try a super defense counter tactic for any hard away trips, park the bus so to speak.  As you cannot make transfers I think the tactical approach could be key here.

Crossing my fingers for you.