[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

81st minute: Elias on the attack from right back for Wednesday. He's cut right into the middle of the pitch, dances past an Arsenal midfielder and finds substitute Dale Lewis, Lewis with an instictive first time pass to Kilday who takes a touch and finds Marinaccio who himself plays it first time towards RIAHI RUNNING INTO THE BOX... HE'S 1 ON 1 WITH THE GOALKEEPER.... OHHHHHH AND HE KEEPS HIS COOL AND HE CALMLY SLOTS IT INTO THE BOTTOM OF THE NET! They're 2-0 up and surely now they can dream of the final?! It's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2-0 ARSENAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

86th minute: Bakero going to take a long throw into the area for Arsenal. They've got more or less everyone forward for this, they need a goal and they need it fast. Bakero's ball in...headed away by Ali but it falls on the edge of the area to Rivera who can pick a pass to MXOLI...OHHHH AND RODRIGUEZ SOMEHOW KEEPS IT OUT BUT THE REBOUND FALLS TO FERNANDEZZZZZ! THEY WEREN'T KEEPING THAT OUT! A valiant effort from Wednesday and Rodriguez, but their clean sheet is gone and Arsenal are right back in this with a few minutes left on the clock! It's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 2-1 ARSENAL

89th minute: Farges coming forward with it for Arsenal. Wednesday look stretched and scared. Farges finds Rivera with his back to goal about 35 yards out, he holds it up and passes across to Boonen... Boonen to Farges who will STRIKE IT FROM 30 YARDS....OHHHHHH WHAT A STRIKE! I DON'T KNOW HOW RODRIGUEZ HAS MANAGED TO KEEP THAT OUT BUT HE HAS! A HUGE SAVE! 

April

44a0cc504e1c33757462cffff11497c4.png

A couple of poor results in-between the fantastic one in the FA Cup, as we nearly lost at Wolves and weren't up to too much against Spurs. 

6516723cc24ca4f702d2051f4f54110b.png

It's very unlikely we get 7th now, but I think it basically boils down to having to win the FA Cup now anyway, as we face Championship side Stoke City in the final, so even if we did get 7th we'd miss out on Europa to them I think. It's a very favourable draw compared to what we could have ended up with, but we will still have to do the job and make sure we beat them as it would be hugely embarrassing to miss out on Europe and a trophy to them. 

8b6390b8d7b2b3b5de847792b24da19f.png

One of our first choice CBS, Luis Dupont, will miss the final after pulling his hamstring. A bit of a loss but not a huge one as Desley Grot is more than capable of coming in and doing a job against a Championship side. 

A big game in Adam and Wednesday's career. It's been over 120 years since the FA Cup has come home Hillsborough, it's time to write a new legacy for Wednesday and Adam. 

The team come out to an anthem from another one of Sheffield's finest: 

25th minute: Nazo passes to Abbadati who is just into the Wednesday half. Back to Nazo who ist just ahead of him, Nazo finds Sildnes who has his back to the goal about 25 yards out... Sildnes skins Grot and HAS A POP... OHHHH AND RODRIGUEZ HAS KEPT IT OUT BUT AWKWARDLY FUMBLED IT AND LUCIO HAMMERS IT AWAY! They've just about dealt with that but Stoke very nearly took a surprise lead there. 

57th minute: Lucio with a free-kick for Wednesday just inside the Stoke half. He passes it short out wide to Elias, the Brazilian passes forward to Riahi ohhh and that's a beautiful first time ball towards Van Gastel who passes it first time himself to Verdier who knocks it along first time to KILDAY IN THE AREAAAA... JUST THE KEEPER TO BEAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!! He hammers it home into the bottom of the net to put his team ahead! A wonderful team goal and it's SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 1-0 STOKE CITY 

60th minute: Stoke have handled going behind quite well, they're not panicing, taking it easy, trying to find some gaps. Sildnes to Nazo, Nazo might hit it long towards Visser, he does and Visser takes it down, what can he create here from just outside the box, he plays in MARK WYLDEEEE....AND ITS WIDE FROM WYLDE! 

80th minute: Stoke City haven't given up yet. They've got a free kick in a tasty position. Nazo will look to cross this into the middle, plenty of Stoke lads forward, but plenty of blue Wednesday shirts in there too. Rodriguez barking orders in the goal, as Nazo hits it in... OHHH AND TOLGA BOSTANCI, HE'S ONLY BEEN ON 2 MINUTES AND HE VERY NEARLY HEADED THAT INTO THE GOAL.... it's just over the bar though. 

On 8/23/2017 at 11:13, PaulHartman71 said:

Matt Hart

22f49d0d15a328f092a322f491d0f09d.png

Initial Profile 

End of Season 1

End of Season 2

End of Season 3

End of Season 4

Matt did alright considering he again played in a higher division despite not particularly impressing in the one below it last year. His return wasn't thaaat bad all things considering, even if he did struggle to keep his place in the first team towards the end of the season playoff run-in. His Leamington Spa team got to the Playoff final and lost, much like he did with Thornaby last year, so maybe he's just a bad luck charm. So far he's got relegated and lost in 2 Playoff finals in his 3 years out on loan :D 

Career Stats: 

01700aef4163e9416b5c52cad2c9a12f.png

27 minutes ago, mrdanbartlett said:

Chuffed to see you win the FA cup.  Can't wait to see the Europa draw, do you go to a play off round or straight to the group?

We'll go straight to the Group Stage, which is pretty handy as due to being a very low seed we could well have been in big trouble in the Playoff round. I think we'll probably be a 4th seed in the group, we might get a bit lucky and scrape being a 3rd seed which would be great, but we'll see. It will be interesting at least to test ourselves against some half decent sides from Europe, especially after the summer window where I'm sure we'll end with a stronger squad and greater depth.  

Edited by PaulHartman71

Season 41: Sheffield Wednesday

3b9add54a864c39d65b8792c4ba7c3ed.png

An excellent season. We perhaps could've done a bit better in the league, but I'm overjoyed to have won the FA Cup and qualify for the Europa League next year. That will give us a real chance to progress and I hope we can take it. 

Squad

Lucio was the standout for me this year, he was an absolute animal at CB and amazing value for £11M. A lot of the time it feels a waste having 2 scouts in South America as it's so rare to get a work permit, but it's worth it purely for the rare players like Lucio where you can get one. Ian Hepworth had a really good year down the left flank, his stats aren't amazing but he's really good at opening teams up and creating chances - he's got a few bigger sides interested in him so we may well lose him this summer if he kicks off. Andy Kilday  had a decent season up-front, he didn't reach the 25 in 38 PL top scorer heights of last year, but he did reasonably well and assisted more - 40 goals in 2 PL seasons for a guy I paid £6M for, I can't really complain. Ethan Verdier was okay alongside him with 9 goals and 7 assists in the league, but I do expect a little bit more from him, I'm hoping if I stick with him next season he can grow into the Premier League and kick on in Europe too. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                 Division                               Position      Achievements/Other
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League          8th         Eastern Counties League Cup winners
2017/18    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League         11th         Left in November
2017/18    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         13th         N/A
2018/19    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         10th         Left in December 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    Carlton Town         United Counties Premier League           8th         United Counties League Cup runners-up. Sacked. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                      3rd         Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy winners
2020/21    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                     17th         Left in November 
2020/21    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   11th         N/A
2021/22    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   17th         Left in December
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        13th         N/A
2022/23    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        18th         Left in January
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N   7th         N/A
2023/24    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Sacked in November
2023/24    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S          12th         Joined in January
2024/25    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S           3rd         Left in March
2024/25    Canvey Island        Isthmian League Premier Division        23rd         Relegated 
2025/26    Canvey Island        Isthmian League 1st Division N          23rd         Sacked in November
2025/26    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Joined in January
2026/27    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N   5th         Left in March
2026/27    Stourbridge          Northern League Premier Division        21st         Relegated
2027/28    Stourbridge          Southern League 1st Division C           5th         Promoted via Playoffs 
2028/29    Stourbridge          Southern League Premier Division        15th         Left in November
2028/29    Lancaster City       Northern League Premier Division        21st         Relegeted. Sacked. 
2029/30    Southport            Northern League Premier Division        14th         N/A
2030/31    Southport            Northern League Premier Division         5th         Left in April 
2030/31    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         3rd         Lost in Playoff Final
2031/32    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         2nd         Lost in Playoff Final
2032/33    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         6th         Left in January 
2032/33    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     8th         N/A
2033/34    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     3rd         Qualified for Europa League via Playoff
2034/35    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     5th         Welsh Cup winners
2035/36    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     2nd         Welsh League Cup winners
2036/37    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     1st         Welsh Premier League winners
2037/38    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     1st         Welsh Premier League & League Cup winners
2038/39    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     2nd         Left in December
2038/39    Yeovil Town          League 2                                22nd         Sacked in March. 
2039/40    Salford City         Conference                              14th         Joined in October. FA Trophy winners.
2040/41    Salford City         Conference                               4th         Promoted via Playoffs
2041/42    Salford City         League 2                                22nd         Left in November
2041/42    Blackpool            Conference                               1st         Promoted as Champions
2042/43    Blackpool            League 2                                 1st         Promoted as Champions
2043/44    Blackpool            League 1                                18th         N/A
2044/45    Blackpool            League 1                                 4th         Left in April
2044/45    Swindon Town         League 1                                 6th         Lost in Playoff Final
2045/46    Swindon Town         League 1                                17th         Sacked in September
2045/46    Gillingham           League 1                                 9th         Joined in December
2046/47    Gillingham           League 1                                 6th         EFL Trophy winners & Lost in Playoff Semi
2047/48    Gillingham           League 1                                 4th         Promoted via Playoffs & EFL Trophy winners
2048/49    Gillingham           Championship                            16th         Left in December
2048/49    Cardiff City         Championship                            21st         Joined in Decemember 
2049/50    Cardiff City         Championship                            17th         N/A
2050/51    Cardiff City         Championship                            11th         FA Cup Semi Finalists 
2051/52    Cardiff City         Championship                            19th         Left in December
2051/52    Sheffield Wednesday  Championship                            13th         N/A
2052/53    Sheffield Wednesday  Championship                             5th         Lost in Playoff Semi
2053/54    Sheffield Wednesday  Championship                             3rd         Promoted via Playoffs
2054/55    Sheffield Wednesday  Premier League                          10th         N/A
2055/56    Sheffield Wednesday  Premier League                          11th         N/A
2056/57    Sheffield Wednesday  Premier League                           9th         FA Cup winners

Trophy Cabinet

FA Cup                         x1 - 2056/57 (Sheffield Wednesday)
League 2                       x1 - 2042/43 (Blackpool)
EFL Trophy                     x2 - 2046/47, 2047/48 (Gillingham)
Conference                     x1 - 2041/42 (Blackpool)
FA Trophy                      x1 - 2039/40 (Salford City)
Eastern Counties League Cup    x1 - 2016/17 (Ipswich Wanderers) 
Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy x1 - 2019/20 (Basildon United) 

Welsh Premier League           x2 - 2036/37, 2037/38 (Port Talbot Town)
Welsh Cup                      x1 - 2034/35 (Port Talbot Town)
Welsh League Cup               x2 - 2035/36, 2037/38 (Port Talbot Town)

1e30bb2c558aea64b1e2c354bbffe1bf.png

The summer saw 4 notable departures. The biggest saw left winger Ian Hepworth get his wish to leave for Liverpool, pretty funny for a guy who originally came through as a United youth prospect. He will be missed but Liverpool came in with a more than fair offer for him so I let him go. Bart van Gastel was a strange one. In the lead up to the end of the season a fair amount of players like Hepworth, Rodriguez, Dale Lewis and Lucio were making noises about leaving for bigger clubs, so when Bart van Gastel said he was interested in negotiating a new deal I was made up and ready to reward him for being so loyal. Then his agent told me that he wanted 110K A WEEK?!?!! I told them to **** right off :D He wasn't happy after that and I let him go when Newcastle offered £20M for him.

Rodriguez was a decent keeper and he did really well in the FA Cup Semi against Arsenal, but he made me anxious at times due to his tendency to flap at shots leading to the ball dropping in the area. Most of the time a defender got there or he sorted it, but it wasn't nice to watch and was going to cost us in a big game sooner or later. I didn't plan to sell him but Dortmund came in for him and I made an £8M profit on a 28 year old. Marinaccio was the best money of the summer though, £18M with the chance to rise for our unfancied 3rd choice striker, don't mind if I do :D 

881fe66a158d7330ab412c37a6339386.png

We spent about £75M this summer, a bit less than what we got in, but that's not taking into account wages and new contracts and the wage rises that came with them for a whole host of first team players like Kilday, Verdier and Dale Lewis. 

Clement Claude was the biggest buy of the summer, with the 21 year old Belgian international joining us to be our new left back. It is fairly big money for a left back, but he's very young, has room to grow and there's re-sell value for sure with him. Xavier Girard is a new young French CB, he's played for Bournemouth the last 2 seasons and my scouts liked the look of him. Jose Ignacio Espinosa is our new right back, the 24 year old Spaniard joins us from Fulham. Cagatay Karmil is a young Turkish left winger who joins to replace Hepworth, I'm paying him a bit more than I'd like to be paying a 21 year old untested at the top level, but he was the best value player I could get, with others being cheaper and wanting even more in wages, or ridiculous signing on fees or just being unattainable due to work permit issues. Leigh Brown looks to be a bargain at £7M, similar to when we initially signed Hepworth, he's a young winger unfancied by United that will get his big chance with us. Hopefully he can be a success too and be sold on for a nice profit in a few years when the time is right. Lukas Brauer joins us from Dortmund and he again looks a great pick up at that price, he appears to have been their first choice keeper before they bought Rodriguez from us, so in some ways selling him ensure not just a profit but a cheaper replacement! 

The rest of the signings are younger players. Sergio Stucki and Jordan Yianni are both younger strikers with high potential who will understudy Kilday and Verdier this season, whilst the others will all be sent out on loan. I actually got an interview question that was basically saying we were stock piling players and giving me **** for it :D If Chelsea can do it to make some money, so can we!  

28th minute: Brown making some progress into City's half on the right wing. He passes across the pitch to Dale Lewis who is about 40 yards from the goal... Lewis with a nice first time pass to Kilday 10 yards ahead of him, Kilday across to Riahi, ohhhh and Riahi holds it and plays a nice ball in to Brown who is running into the box on the right hand side.... a lovely layoff across goal AND KILDAY EQUALISES!!! It's come against the run of play but Wednesday are level from a very similar goal to City's opener. It's MANCHESTER CITY 1-1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!

37th minute: McDonnell deep in Wednesday's half. They're not content to go in level at half-time. He finds Bailey, he goes pasts 1 defender and he's just outside the box they've got to be careful because he might cut in AND HAVE A SHOTTTTTT!!! It's a poor shot but it doesn't matter because it's deflected off I think Lucio to fly past the debuting keeper. A nightmare for him, as it's MANCHESTER CITY 2-1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!

89th minute: Brown looking to ping the ball down the right wing in the City half, but he's well over hit that pass to Yianni and the left back Jak Gray will pick that up easily... oh but GRAY HAS FAFFED AROUND AND YIANNI NICKS IT OFF HIM! Yianni on the edge of the box out wide, it's just him and the keeper, ohhh and Bargozza is running across to deal with Yianni, but all he's doing is playing Kilday onside, he hasn't seen him but Yianni has and KILDAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE DONE IT! It's MANCHESTER CITY 2-2 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY! It's an absolute horror show from Jak Gray who has absoutely gifted them that one, but Wednesday will take it, because this has almost certainly forced the game to penalties! 

Andy Kilday steps up to take the first penalty. He's scored twice already today, he looks confident... the keeper guessed the right way, but he couldn't keep it out of the bottom left corner! A fine penalty! 

WEDNESDAY 1-0 CITY 

El Amrani up first for City. Brauer in the Wednesday goal looking to name for himself, he's let 2 in today, but he is German so penalties may favour him... OHHHH AND HE DOES SAVE IT!!! In fairness not the best penalty from El Amrani aiming for the bottom left corner, but Brauer dives like a salmon and he acrobatically keeps that one out! 

WEDNESDAY 1-0 CITY 

Espinosa up next. Their new right back by trade, will he be any good at scoring from 12 yards. He smashes it, it's hit the keeper but thankfully for Wednesday it still finds the back of the net! 

WEDNESDAY 2-0 CITY 

Llodra up next for the Champions. He goes for the top right corner. He finds it, Brauer wasn't keeping that one out! 

WEDNESDAY 2-1 CITY 

Another full back up for Wednesday, this time their left, the young Belgian, Claude. Ohhhh. That's a special penalty. He's sent him completely the wrong way as that fires into the top right corner. Lovely stuff from the left footer! 

WEDNESDAY 3-1 CITY 

McDonnell for City. He's taking a big run up here... keeper guesses right, but he's hit that so hard he was never keeping that out! Top right bins, lovely. 

WEDNESDAY 3-2 CITY 

Yianni up next for Wednesday. The substitute came on, his closing down forced the equaliser, can he make it 4 from 4 for Hart's side? HE CAN! The keeper guessed right, but he almost dived over it as it went into the bottom left corner. 

WEDNESDAY 4-2 CITY 

Nsingi has to score for City and this is a real chance for Brauer to make a name for himself in the run-up to the  season... NSINGI....HE'S HIT IT DOWN THE MIDDLE AND BRAUER CLINGS ONTO IT LIKE IT'S HIS FIRST BORN CHILD!!!! SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY HAVE WON THE COMMUNITY SHIELD... an upset win for Adam Hart and his team, a memorable shootout victory here!

August

2c6da047af2ec2ea86f4f3d00e0acff7.png

It took extra-time and Verdier coming off of the bench to help them out, but our 2nd string just about did enough to get past Blackburn at home. 

2e70548096405faec5fa1e17e7f11166.png

A great start to the season against Newcastle, but we've not done too well since then and lost two straight away games to Spurs and Southampton. We at least showed some fight against Spurs after being 3-0 down at half-time, Verdier actually came inches away from a hat-trick late on and he really really should have scored it tbh. 

31a3d47e526dcd4e429f87f513b5bd58.png

d266505c13f9e05fa1608fb47c46ec0d.png

Well this kind of came out of nowhere. I was wondering when my first international offer would come along and here it is. I did consider it for a bit, perhaps if I'd had an international job offer 2 or 3 months ago (in real life time), but since FM18 is out in like 7/8 weeks, I'd rather dedicate the rest of this save to club management. So I will reject this and any other future international management offers I receive between now and the end of the save. 

10 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

d266505c13f9e05fa1608fb47c46ec0d.png

Well this kind of came out of nowhere. I was wondering when my first international offer would come along and here it is. I did consider it for a bit, perhaps if I'd had an international job offer 2 or 3 months ago (in real life time), but since FM18 is out in like 7/8 weeks, I'd rather dedicate the rest of this save to club management. So I will reject this and any other future international management offers I receive between now and the end of the save. 

But...but...but...he's the yes man.

1 hour ago, andychar said:

But...but...but...he's the yes man.

I see your point re rejecting but as above you are the YES man :)

I defo think you should have accepted it, just to literally play the odd international game - not spending any time picking the squad or scouting for players for the NT< just use whats available based on caps/value etc.  Would have been v interesting to see how you did.

I really hope there is a FM18 save brewing from you too, maybe in the form of Matt Hart.....