[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

December

a832c8298111fd5262bc60201023c779.png

A pretty rocky December, with 2 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. We were pretty lucky to even get a draw at Oxford City Nomads, with Jon Tucker bailing us out like he has on many occasions as of late. The loss to Beaconsfield was a lot more annoying than the one to Desborough, as the latter are at least a top side and we were away, but we should really be beating a time like Beaconsfield at home. The big positive this month was the smashing of Edgware Town which saw Tucker get a hat-trick, but ultimately the 5-2 win gives the same amount of points as the 1-0 at home to Biggleswade Town. 

0fcf0d6cbf72e0ec64e260d99f5b3632.png

We're just shy of the Playoffs at the minute, with the leaders only 5 points ahead, but our form is quite ropey at the moment so I'm not super happy. I think I'll be a lot happier if we can actually get into the Playoff places and stay there for a while, as this league is quite tight, if we keep this form up we could drop off from the group. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I've noticed this season is that my "WNT" radar has been pretty inactive the whole time, which is a bit unusual, as usually in December/January time I'm always "Wanted" by various clubs even if they never usually come in for me. I don't have a big get out clause either, at the moment it's only around £2,500 which is less than it usually would be at this point. Perhaps that 2nd relegation has really hampered my reputation :D

Edited by PaulHartman71

904ebc8c4888bb63023858217b0d03ee.png

A big shout out to my old side, Trafford, for stock-piling strikers to the point that they've now loaned us 2 decent 8th tier quality players this season. They're an 8th tier side themselves so it seems mad to me that they've let us have two pretty good players for nothing - maybe they feel bad for sacking me for my poor media skills. Who knows. 

Smallwood just scored a 93rd minute winner on his debut though, can't ask for much more than that. It was a pretty scary goal though. It was a counter attack where he was 1 on 1 with the keeper, but he seemed to bottle it as rather than shoot (at a fairly decent angle) he played it right across the goal to Jason Barker, who then despite having more or less an open goal, decided to play it right back across a busy box to Smallwood, who thankfully headed home. 

You can kind of see it with these screenshots. The whole thing was really mad to watch in real time in the last 20 seconds of the 3 minutes of injury time though, especially in a game against a side that were in the relegation zone who we should have comfortably beat. 

a5a7b289d7f7fa8820996f6a946071bc.png

f23547fb77add90c346e75b6a0cc6441.png

f06c18d4eb92c718be6c331e5e890a36.png

6ecfb4a1b30dacd600e38e1894646e96.png

January

cb02b092e9c52e0277249d93ee363e3b.png

A reasonably decent start to the year. It started off horribly on New Year's Day with a loss to Arlesey, fair enough we were away from home, but a 3-1 loss there is embarrassing as Arlesey are crap. We nearly got a 0-0 at Bracknell, who are crap too, but thankfully Gavin Thompson's late strike got us a win late on. I accepted the loss away to Aylesbury as it was a tight game and they're a good side, we did well following that game too, with the two wins against Wellingborough and Thatcham, which featured Smallwood's debut injury-time winner. 

4576446d9ab17aa91be2d9e7a1a4955b.png

13 games to go and we're right up there, with Soham just 1 point ahead of us. It's mad how tight the league is, as despite dropping points quite a lot lately, we're still only 8 points off of top spot. I'm not expecting us to actually challenge for the title at all, but to miss out on the Playoffs would be a big failure for us even with the injuries we've had. 

February

d934d79ba953fdf66a78b33867a5de4c.png

A tricky month, with a fair few games against sides in and around us. We came out of it with 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. We were 2-0 up against Ashford which meant a 3-2 loss was really hard to take, it was also disappointing to lose against Highmoor Ibis as they're not that good really. We did cap the month off with a big 1-0 win against promotion rivals Soham though. 

4a43e231291ccf66f316b5b8dd97c198.png

We're still not in the Playoff places just yet, but we are right there. If we'd held onto a point against Ashford we'd be in there. We still have Brackley and Desborough to play, but the other 6 games apart from them are all winnable games, so I'm hopeful that we can do it. 

Edited by PaulHartman71

March

faf910f85c0422db315b0845c1c5789e.png

A very sold month, with 3 wins out of 4, which also saw the return of Jon Tucker. The only  disappointment was the loss at Playoff rivals Brackley, even if we still make the Playoffs, losing that game in the manner we did has not given me a huge amount of confidence about our chances in the Playoffs, as that's the sort of game we'd need to win to go up. 

ab72d43343d4af9f27b4978722e516b3.png

With 4 games to go though, we are in 5th place, with 2 points and goal difference separating us and Ashford. We do still have a big big game with Desborough, but other than that I'd expect wins in the other 3 matches. We'll see though :D

April

849e5139be6250acf7b3a01741e79f9a.png

If you'd told me before whether I'd have taken 2 wins and 2 draws this month, I probably would've said no as I wouldn't have thought it would be enough to get into the Playoffs. I was furious to only get a 0-0 at Barton, but we at least beat Oxford City Nomads. By the time we played Beaconsfield we were 6 points ahead of the 6th place team, so the 1-1 draw against them wasn't a huge annoyance. We'd already qualified before Desborough, but I was pleased that we won nonetheless. 

f1fb4ec7b4bc28f0a3dcebb63dfa9690.png

It ended up being surprisingly easy as we were 6 points and goal difference clear of Ashford in the end. 

8c206f5852a0fb1ec4ab15962f3c8a2d.png

I've got mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I'm excited as this is the first season I've actually had a crack at the Playoffs, as there's been relatively no interest in me from other clubs (probably not the best sign tbh), yet on the other hand I'm quite nervous as Brackley are better than us, as our recent game showed. Fingers crossed we can do ourselves proud though. 

22d5ce0da91026fe16df5808c111dd38.png

I'm lost for words to describe that :D

I thought we were marginally the better side in normal time, but I thought since they equalised they'd have more momentum and maybe take it to penalties where we'd lose or something. I've got no idea what happened in the extra-time, some of our players were a bit tired, I dunno if their players were exhausted or really unfit, but bloody hell, they just rolled over ffs. I was really pleased when super sub Gavin Thompson put us 2-1 up early on, but was a little worried we'd score too early and they'd come back again, but then two goals from Tucker in 3 minutes meant we were 4-1 up at half-time of extra-time. I couldn't believe it. I went all out defence to hold onto the lead and we still managed to grab another one just before full-time, I was laughing out loud when Bryan's goal went it. 

4 goals in extra-time ffs :D I don't think I've ever seen anything like that even when me or the opponent have had players sent off, off injured with no sub etc. Just utter madness! 

We will face Northampton ON Chenecks in the final. I'm cautious as our results against them this season were a 3-2 loss away and a 0-0 at home, but tbf an away loss and a home draw is all we managed against Brackley too. Maybe steam-rolling Brackley will give us a big boost and see us through - I hope so!

ee5e82f75c804365ebcbf8a936d7934a.png

Fantastic stuff. We sat back throughout the game, it was quite uneventful and it looked like it was going to go to extra-time, but then we got a penalty out of nothing in the 59th minute. Gavin Thompson stepped up and tucked it home nicely to give us the lead. Northanmpton did keep at us and they sensationally hit the cross bar in the 89th minute which had me stressing massively, but thankfully we cleared it and managed to hold out for the win. 

I'm very pleased we've got promoted especially as this is my first promotion, it's also nice to have got Stourbridge back up after getting them relegated, even if I could hardly be blamed for that. 

Hopefully they will give me a new contract pronto to put off any clubs suddenly coming in for me, which may mean I end up spending 3 seasons (albeit not full ones) at a club for the first time!

b0ee66e706d159105decca0103d9f957.png

Hmm they stated that due to the club's poor financial status they couldn't offer me a renewal just yet, it's only got 2 months left running so I've leaked it to the press whilst brown nosing the chairman.

At the moment it would only cost a random club £1,000 to come in and nab me, which could very much happen if they've taken note of me just guiding my team to promotion.

13e4e389a396c4da37a4ba600d996ea0.png

Good news as I've got a new contract, with a nice little wage rise. They have a 50 percent get out clause in, so as it stands it would cost any club £8,000 to come in for me. Think I'm safe for a while at least. 

One small niggle though...

9055bef2a15225d352ae136fba7cd6ed.png

Not sure if it's just a leftover from their expectations this season, but it sounds a bit like they're expecting me to win the league via promotion next season?? Would be utterly mental if true, especially as I've only been given an extra £1,000 in wage budget (which is still good, but not title winning having just come up good). 

We'll have to see haha

Season 12: Stourbridge

b6c703729e7d7912d0d870b8bfd70a50.png

I think I did the team proud by getting them promoted. It wasn't an easy season and it didn't look like we'd do it at times, but we pulled through and even as underdogs in the Playoffs we deserved to win it. We weren't up too much in the lower league cups, but it was great to reach the 4th Qualifying Round in the FA Cup. 

Squad

ede37db00dbf6731735ea199f2c1756e.png

Of the players who were at the club throughout the entire campaign, the best players were right winger Jason Barker, left winger Graham Bryan and versatile handy man Gavin Thompson. Jordan Sykes was fantastic for the short time he was with us, with 21 goals in 23 games before he left for Conference South side Bromley. We got in Jon Tucker and Frank Smallwood on loan from Trafford, who both did very well all things considered. Tucker especially did well to end the season with 19 goals in 24 games. 

Career History

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                 Division                               Position      Achievements/Other
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League          8th         Eastern Counties League Cup winners
2017/18    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League         11th         Left in November
2017/18    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         13th         N/A
2018/19    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         10th         Left in December 
2018/19    Carlton Town         United Counties Premier League           8th         United Counties League Cup runners-up. Sacked. 
2019/20    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                      3rd         Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy winners
2020/21    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                     17th         Left in November 
2020/21    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   11th         N/A
2021/22    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   17th         Left in December
2021/22    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        13th         N/A
2022/23    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        18th         Left in January
2022/23    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N   7th         N/A
2023/24    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Sacked in November
2023/24    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S          12th         Joined in January
2024/25    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S           3rd         Left in March
2024/25    Canvey Island        Isthmian League Premier Division        23rd         Relegated 
2025/26    Canvey Island        Isthmian League 1st Division N          23rd         Sacked in November
2025/26    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Joined in January
2026/27    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N   5th         Left in March
2026/27    Stourbridge          Northern Premier League Premier Div     21st         Relegated
2027/28    Stourbridge          Southern League 1st Division C           5th         Promoted via Playoffs 

Trophy Cabinet

Eastern Counties League Cup    x1 - 2016/17 (Ipswich Wanderers) 
Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy x1 - 2019/20 (Basildon United) 
Edited by PaulHartman71

AWESOME!! Well done.

Jordan Sykes  - how has he done since leaving?  Maybe you could get him back on loan?

I would say it seems they expect you to win the league which is mad, maybe something odd has happened to the clubs rep after promotion?  I recall a bug like that once before.

I really hope you can get a few good players in, have a good season and then maybe move on to a better 7th tier side, or maybe even thr 6th tier! 

ad7930ecdd694b14dd0679e6ba8eb16d.png

What an end to the Premier League season! 3 teams all on 84 points, with Chelsea ending up champions on goals scored after being held on goal difference with United. 

c5ff261e86b12b045862a08302b8fef1.png

A pretty bonkers last day saw Chelsea only win the title because they put 4 past Arsenal, whilst United could only draw at Bournemouth. Bet Chelsea couldn't believe their luck and good fortune, with Carlo Ancelotti back to master mind this success. Arsenal fans were probably fuming, but they would've soon forgot it just days later...

0c60cfe7660c1b72f54e81465e27d08d.png

As their boss-man Allegri led to them their first ever Champions League win. 

a43aa4dfeab580b99c03574d898674ff.png

The Championship Playoff was a battle between two historically big clubs, with the winner getting to make their return to the top flight after decades of absence. It was Sheffield Wednesday who did it, breaking the hearts of many a Leeds fan in the process. 

2a85f82eb2013a5dd32e31f0e4a5fdf2.png

League 1's Playoffs saw Portsmouth succeed in making it as high as the 2nd tier for the first time in over 15 years. 

fa0bee3b7118131a3dbfc28fdff66e12.png

League 2 saw Hereford FC get back to League 1 after 20 years of League 2 or worse. 

43560bd484ff04f9b75fd4bb7d1b0802.png

Finally, Port Vale continue their shocking demise as they finish rock bottom of the Conference North, meaning we could very well meet them in the regional 7th tiers next season. 

8 minutes ago, mrdanbartlett said:

AWESOME!! Well done.

Jordan Sykes  - how has he done since leaving?  Maybe you could get him back on loan?

I would say it seems they expect you to win the league which is mad, maybe something odd has happened to the clubs rep after promotion?  I recall a bug like that once before.

I really hope you can get a few good players in, have a good season and then maybe move on to a better 7th tier side, or maybe even thr 6th tier! 

167560831b88c00ab2f4add3685276bf.png

:brock:

Suppose the new chaps could just be very ambitious. They did finish in 4th place in the Southern Premier in 2023/24, but were only a mid table side for the two years before they went down when I joined. Fingers crossed we hit the ground running as I could do without another sacking on my record :D

32 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Oi nahh, those bastards at Belper in the Conference are Cesc Fabregas'ing my centre back!! 

Oh wait hang on. I read it as there was a rumour that he'd been spotted wearing a Belper shirt somewhere :D  

That would be a delightful transfer rumor message to see. At least until it turned out to be true and your player does get poached :lol:.

I've since released him. He kept moaning that I wouldn't let him leave the club, but his contract had already expired after he refused to renew, yet when it went to a rolling contract he didn't choose to leave. Not sure what he was on about but he was causing quite a kerfuffle in the dressing room so I got shot of him ASAP.

5129f212d2fb26a9bd6aeaa78b682136.png

A few transfers of note. 

Oscar Borg is a Maltese international (I know right, an international player!!) who is a versatile winger and can cover numerous positions for us. Josh Knill has come in to be a back-up GK on a season long loan. Alfie Palmiero is a new striker who will partner Jordan Sykes up-front. Niall McGoldrick is a CB who can also play RB, he will slot straight into the first team. We've also signed a new CM in Ryan Brown, who can also play on the right side of midfield too. 

I may bring a few more players in, but these are the ones I have signed up to this point. 

September

40f6c6c4906ade085685b42ba622ddb5.png

A brace from Jordan Sykes saw us past 8th tier outfit Grantham in the 1st Qualifying Round. 

b6dbae5c018db533d973d0397b88a5b6.png

We got an away tie with Conference North side Alfreton, which was certainly not an easy tie for the 2nd Qualifying Round. We did really well away from home and earned a replay at our place. It was a gutting game, as when Jordan Sykes put us 2-0 up just past the hour mark I thought we had it in the bag, but unfortunately Alfreton came back. They were helped by our keeper, Nathan McKay, spraining his wrist in the 80th minute which no doubt played a part in them scoring the the equaliser in the 89th minute. I was worried they'd easily get past us in extra-time, but he held out and we managed to take it to penalties, where we were sadly beaten. 

c83165bcd718aeeac82db3499240164c.png

Another pretty decent month in the league, with 2 wins, 3 draws and just the 1 loss at Northwood. We almost lost at Taunton too, but substitute Ryan Brown's dramatic late goal rescued a good point for us. The Romulus victory was a bit lucky as it was very open at 2-1 and Romulus were all over us, but then we got awarded a penalty which seemed extremely harsh to me, either way, Mark Black stepped up and at 3-1 that was it.

3a5e9270137fc8910b82e717a9313691.png

We're up to 11th now and I have to say again, for a team who have just been promoted I think we're doing quite well. The board haven't muttered any discontent about us not being in the title race either just yet, so for now, so far, so good. 

35fcef57d7922228ac52f6a9ef44218d.png

So I just had Jordan Sykes' agent try and get him a new contract. If he'd scored or got a brace or something I probably would've looked into it, but we just lost 1-0 in a game where we barely created anything. I thought he was taking the **** a bit, so I went to Jordan and passionately told him he'd be better off sacking his agent, partly because I was annoyed, and partly for the banter. 

195ac4d0362b493599d84964845391e1.png

He only went and did it didn't he :D:D

What a lad! 

Edited by PaulHartman71

16 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Oscar Borg is a Maltese international (I know right, an international player!!)

He is an english player (Malta and Turkey are his other nationalites. Starts out at Villa, could be a good signing for you, I managed to develop him into a decent back-up player for villa in the lower reaches of the premier league. Ended up declaring for Turkey in my game, although currently only got U21 caps

5 hours ago, jim owen said:

Can I ask which download you use to get the extra leagues, i notice there are a lot available, but the one you are using seems very stable

It should come up in your noticafions but I've tagged you in the thread. It's a Level 22 one but in my save I only went down to Level 9. 

On 1/27/2017 at 16:26, jim owen said:

He is an english player (Malta and Turkey are his other nationalites. Starts out at Villa, could be a good signing for you, I managed to develop him into a decent back-up player for villa in the lower reaches of the premier league. Ended up declaring for Turkey in my game, although currently only got U21 caps

He's currently a decent back-up player for me in the Southern Premier League :D The other wingers are putting in performances good enough to consistently keep him out, but I like how versatile he is and at 31 he's a fairly experienced guy to have around which is always good. 

October

a5922ba914037b20e6da46c05f43f6a4.png

A good start in the FA Trophy, with an Alfie Palmiero brace putting us through to the next round. 

056e292e87bff83d3d89a82c149d06e8.png

We also went through in the Southern League Cup, as we beat Cirencester 2-0 in the process. 

c9ec11d4bf2e8a624dbb35cdee6c794b.png

The month started off quite slowly in the league, with 2 losses in a row, but we did follow that up with a good 4-2 win at Histon. We recorded 2 draws against Shortwood and Marlow, the latter draw was incredibly impressive, as we were 2-0 down and had a man sent off in the 35th minute, so to come back and draw 2-2 was really good. We finished the month on a high by beating the old bill 1-0. 

5584c1561ced35e83ba7f277a440c381.png

Down to 14th, but it's still very tight and a good run of form could see us move up again. 

2 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

This is a lovely first season as a newly promoted side. Any manager would love it. Any manager who didn't have a board who were high.

In fairness I haven't dropped under "Stable" just yet. In the competition bit for the league they are "unhappy" so far though. Hopefully we can hold on to roughly mid-table ish for a while and they lower their expectations if we go on a run in the Southern League Cup or something. 

November

879e6f3c6185434f36a51b08e650942b.png

Two late goals courtesy of sub Gavin Thompson and Alfie Palmiero put us through in the Southern League Cup. 

e06a1b1912c52c340eda2df3e8591272.png

Barnstaple took us to a replay in the FA Trophy, but thanks to a Jason Barker brace and an Alfie Palmiero hat-trick, they wished they hadn't bothered. 

051609095b283f0dd52762290f202019.png

We lost in the next round anyway though, with Ashton United just about doing enough to beat us. 

d66d16e93381209b4accc3647848045a.png

A reasonable month in the league, with 2 wins and 1 loss, the win over Tamworth saw another Alfie Palmiero hat-trick. 

266e4da7866779b2469bc8c64c0bfc6c.png

We've slipped to 15th, but do have a game in hand on some of the sides above of us.