Sports Interactive Community
Team Woopie

Estimated Game Speed star rating bug?

Hi,

I'm  using a brand new Lenovo 300 Ideapad Intel Core i5

Its spec is easily good enough to run FM17 well, and so far on single player the game has been running well (and therefore the 'issue' I'm raising might  seem odd).

The estimated speed star rating is all over the place for me, it might be four-and-half stars one day (with, say, two nations/four leagues playable and several nations with players from top division clubs loaded - 18,000 players), but then it went down to half a star today - and I've had various other readings in between.

CPU performance star rating  also varies from two-and--half stars down to half a star.

Also says the 3d graphics rating of my PC is four-and-a-half stars (since I deleted preferences and cache folders, revalidated cache files etc), yet I'm running an inbuilt graphics card (so that rating is on the high side).

Question is, are these star ratings a bug? I'm having some issues on a network play with my brother, but single players runs well. I'd like to just ignore the star ratings, but they're starring at me!

Advice welcomed

Well stars are usually just a guide - how does it actually run for you? 

Have you tried reading and following as shown here in our FAQ? 

Hi Neil, thanks for reply.

Game on face value runs great no matter what star rating it shows on that given day (pretty much instant changes between screens, match engine great, solid processing speed). I don't go mad with loads of leagues, just two or three nations playable with a handful of leagues (with medium database plus some additional players from specific nations loaded).

The concern for me is that while it runs great as things stand, what if the random stars are accurate and three/four seasons it my save crawls.

Thanks for link, but i'd already found that and followed every element of it. It made my 3d graphics performance jump to 4.5 stars (which I think is way too high as while my laptop is solid in terms of processing, it has an inbuilt graphics card) and it briefly took estimated game speed up to 4.5 stars. I didn't change anything and the next day when I loaded up it was down to four stars. Reloaded skin etc and it went down to 0.5 stars lol.

Has to be a bug right?

Edited by Team Woopie

Yeah there are some issues with what the stars are reading on certain laptops and we are looking into it. 

I have the exact same problem and it's hard to tell what the difference is between the speed when it's virtually always a half star! Please fix bug!!!

As mentioned we are looking into this, thanks for taking the time to raise this.

Do you know which brand of laptops this affects?? Just had a new HP today and I started the game up and i had 1/2 star estimated performance. This laptop is far superior to my last one and that used to run on 4.5 stars

It's not really brand specific it's more to do with how the system is set up, especially the first time the game is run and the system is 'checked' by the game to see what sort of capabilities it has. They're generally a guide rather than exactly how your system will perform. How do you find the game runs on your system? 

I have the exact same problem on my ideapad. Game seems to be running fairly well but I've a estimated game speed of half a star. Only noticed it when I attempted to set up a new save. 

@Puntyboy I'd suggest setting up a game and seeing what works best for you, the estimated speed is a guideline. It is something we are reviewing and looking at for the future. Thanks.

If you use laptop, sometimes it depend on your power option settings. This setting Balanced or High performance. Default setting of power option are different when your laptop plugged in or on battery. This affect how FM read the rating for your laptop