Regen hairpack

robsfc

1 minute ago, robsfc said:

Has anyone seen a regen hairpack for FM17?

The FM16 pack is not compatible in FM17.  I would play without it but 50% of regens are bald.

cheers

You need to edit two files to make it compatible:

Two things have changed and must be adjusted, both in the hair.xml for hispanics and mixed race

this line in both hispanic folders:

<boolean id="hispanic" value="true"/>

needs to be changed to

<boolean id="hisp" value="true"/>

the same for the mixed_race:

<boolean id="mixed_race" value="true"/>

change to

<boolean id="mixd" value="true"/>

This has to be done for all records in that hair files (search/replace)

Just now, robsfc said:

Thanks.

So this would fix the hair and facial hair lining up in the correct position?

Without the changes all regens with hispanic and mixed-race are bald, so yes it will fix that.

It works for me.

Try this: Copy the original hair folder back into facegen (from FMT or a backup), empty cache, close game, restart.

Replace the hair folder with the custom one.

Empty cache, close game, re-start the game.

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It works for me.

Try this: Copy the original hair folder back into facegen (from FMT or a backup), empty cache, close game, restart.

Thank you :)

I have a backup of the original hair, so I'll try that and feedback here.

27 minutes ago, KUBI said:

It works for me.

guess what ? it did work :applause:

thank you so much :)

I am trying to work out which line to edit to upgrade Debski Hair Pack for FM 17.

<string id="name" value="facegen/hair/mixed_race/long/bald_100"/>
            <integer id="age" value="20"/>
            <flags id="colour" value="bald"/>
            <flags id="length" value="long"/>
            <integer id="chance" value="1"/>
            <boolean id="mixd" value="true"/>

The first line has mixed_race.      The last line has mixd.    i am relatively new at this sort of editting.

As the last line has the correct "mixd" do I need to change the mixed_race on the first line?

2 hours ago, paul.redsky said:

I am trying to work out which line to edit to upgrade Debski Hair Pack for FM 17.

<string id="name" value="facegen/hair/mixed_race/long/bald_100"/>
            <integer id="age" value="20"/>
            <flags id="colour" value="bald"/>
            <flags id="length" value="long"/>
            <integer id="chance" value="1"/>
            <boolean id="mixd" value="true"/>

The first line has mixed_race.      The last line has mixd.    i am relatively new at this sort of editting.

As the last line has the correct "mixd" do I need to change the mixed_race on the first line?

No, it's ok. First line is the path to bald_100.png image. (mixed_race is the name of the folder).

If you're trying to solve beards/moustaches problem, this is not the right file to look in.

Let me know if you find a solution...

6 hours ago, pdstanbridge said:

With regards the beards I don't think it's the IMG height that needs changing. I expect every individual beard/tash image will need editing. I might give it a go if I can find an app to use.

would be much appreciated as right now between clone faces and awful hairstyles regens look so creepy...

2 hours ago, pdstanbridge said:

I had a quick look and there is too much work for one person. I haven't got the time, plus I don't really know what I'm doing. To give you some idea, there are 20 or so bearded images in one folder, and there are 15+ folders worth.

no problem mate, I wouldn't even know where to start! Hopefully OLT and/or Debski come up with a new version of their great hair packs at some point.

I've been playing around with the images and it looks like you can not successfully have beards on players.  No matter what I tried to do, the graphic was truncated and the beard was pushed up over the nose. Image sizes of 132 x 132 seems to be the new size, probably due to the smaller image of players. 

In order for the hair packs to work correctly there will need to be a crap load of work done.

2 hours ago, baddragon62 said:

I've been playing around with the images and it looks like you can not successfully have beards on players.  No matter what I tried to do, the graphic was truncated and the beard was pushed up over the nose. Image sizes of 132 x 132 seems to be the new size, probably due to the smaller image of players. 

In order for the hair packs to work correctly there will need to be a crap load of work done.

I've already tried to resize all the images to this new size (132x132) but beards are still over the noises... I've tried also to move down only beards, but image is truncated at some point. I think there's a different image mapping this year :(

I'm a total noob about this (or any graphics related topic), but would it be possible to replace the 'face' folders (not just the hair) with the old FM16 files? basically using FM16 face folders on FM 17, as we do with tactics...

The issue is that if the image is detected to have a beard, it will truncate the image to about level with the jaw.  I think that facial hair is generated by the game itself.  The only option is to go through and replace any beards with new images, or remove them and rebuild the index files.  Neither appeal.

18 hours ago, kandersson said:

I'm a total noob about this (or any graphics related topic), but would it be possible to replace the 'face' folders (not just the hair) with the old FM16 files? basically using FM16 face folders on FM 17, as we do with tactics...

No, file structure is different and game will crash...

1 hour ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

i am currently doing just that, deleting ones with facial hair and keeping the others.  about finished with deleting, now i have to mess with config files and take those ones with beards out which is going to be a pain

I've done the same, and now it's seems to play with a bunch of kids :D

Thanks for the info.

It is kind of disappointing that SI games apparently made life much harder for hair editors, only to come up with one of the worst regen faces/hair combo in the history of the series. FM16 faces with debski/OLT hair pack were actually quite nice.

On 11/6/2016 at 15:33, KUBI said:

You need to edit two files to make it compatible:

Two things have changed and must be adjusted, both in the hair.xml for hispanics and mixed race

this line in both hispanic folders:

<boolean id="hispanic" value="true"/>

needs to be changed to

<boolean id="hisp" value="true"/>

the same for the mixed_race:

<boolean id="mixed_race" value="true"/>

change to

<boolean id="mixd" value="true"/>

This has to be done for all records in that hair files (search/replace)

just so i do this right, only do this in the hair xml or also the config file?

38 minutes ago, Silver Twilight Sparkle said:

Not sure about your question, but a easier way instead of deleting hairs and then changing configs is to just copy other hairs and rename to the hairs that have beards, replacing them.

yeah, been thinking about that, your right

7 hours ago, Trainspotting90 said:

hello, i have eliminated, whit gimp, all beard... no hair allineation, only delete the beards... the result is pretty... if you want, i post all the folder (same instructions)

but, for regularity, its good debski permise me to post it.

Yes please post sir

35 minutes ago, Trainspotting90 said:

Remember, this is a unofficial fix

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/0JpbqQ5h/file.html

thanks for the effort mate, it does make regens look much better already! If someone can add new beards and moustaches at some point then it will be perfect :)

The hint of Kubi to change the hair.xml worked perfect. Thank you for that.

But unfortunately the aligment does not work. The ingame face is shown under those of our project, the pictures are on top and the scale doesn't work.

Has anyone a clue how to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Unbenannt.PNG

10 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

for anyone who knows, do i have to redo this after every patch or no?

Make a backup, so you can easy replace the original. It's usually not overwritten with a new update, unless they made changes to facegen.

On 11/11/2016 at 19:49, Ross Ingersoll said:

i am currently doing just that, deleting ones with facial hair and keeping the others.  about finished with deleting, now i have to mess with config files and take those ones with beards out which is going to be a pain

I have started with photoshop and cut out all of the beards.  Seemed easier than deleting the files.

On 16/11/2016 at 08:59, P-Jo said:

The hint of Kubi to change the hair.xml worked perfect. Thank you for that.

But unfortunately the aligment does not work. The ingame face is shown under those of our project, the pictures are on top and the scale doesn't work.

Has anyone a clue how to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance.

Unbenannt.PNG

The hair will align and stretch to match the face shape. Even if you stretch the image it will not render below the point of the chin.

C01-S03-170.png

3 hours ago, davehibb said:

If all the problems have been ironed out, would one of you guys be able (and kind enough) to upload a 'fix'?

Like others here, I have no idea (or confidence) where to start in terms of editing stuff like this.

someone uploaded something already, a few posts back. trainspotting90 

On 14 November 2016 at 17:08, Trainspotting90 said:

Remember, this is a unofficial fix

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/0JpbqQ5h/file.html

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm having real trouble with this. I've copied this file into my regions, hair folder but now everybody is bald - I assume I've made a mistake?

Apologies in advance, very basic with anything graphics or code related.

Archived