Making Football Great Again

JerseyShoreDave

Started out unemployed on 1/1/17, I was kinda picky to find a small club somewhere that never had been anything before and to make them something.  After checking out club after club... I found one.

Annan_Athletic_FC_logo.png 

Annan Athletic is in League 2 Scottish Football and never made it higher than this league, with a small 2,500 capacity arena with synthetic grass seemed an ideal starting spot.  We signed a nice little contract with them.

Annan Contract 2017-2018.png

I inherited a nice little squad, they were suppose to get 6th but are currently in 9th

Annan Squad 2016-17.png

Annan Table 2016-17.png

Tactics are the same I noticed that a lot of clubs are using so I'm using them as well at this point... 4-2-3-1 wide.

AnnanTactics 2016-17.png

With only 6 matches remaining not sure I can meet their expectations but we can try.  I doubt we'll be on the bottom of the league.

Annan expectations 2017-2018.png

I'll run down the season and see what happens.

Annan Athletic - 2016-2017 Season - Ladbrokes League 2

We didn't lose a match in the last 6 matches we had.  We actually have a good team, they were predicted to be 6th when I joined the club.

Annan Schedule 2016-17.png

We moved up to 8th in the league, everything else was completed before we joined.

Annan Competitions 2016-17.png

Our Finances are ok but they are slipping slowly...

Annan Finance 2016-17.png

We strengthened the team for the season by adding some players from our agreement from Carlisle in the English League 2.  Otherwise we waited till the end of the season to strengthen the team.

Annan Squad EOS 2016-17.png

We added some good players, but I never expected the preseason expectation to be second in the league.  The season expectations were always a lagging indicator in the past, but right now it makes me think we have a chance to get promoted this coming season.

Annan Preseason odds 2017-18.png

The season expectations are obviously in line with the preseason odds.  I'm unsure how realistic the cups are but the league I think is doable due to not losing a match at the end of the season.

Annan expectations 2017-18.png

Got our Group Draw for the Betfred Cup and it could be worse but we don't really have a shot at winning, to me it's just another source of revenue.

Annan Betfred Cup 2017-18.png

I got 2 players on load from Carlisle for the upcoming season, and I still have 1k leftover for any great players that may appear.  Every position has at least 3 players who can cover a particular position and we're ready to rock the new season, however it ends up.

Annan Athletic - 2017-2018 Season - Ladbrokes League 2 - First half of the season

We got taken over finally after a long multi-month affair that led to this:

annan 2017-18 takeover worthless.png

We started work on our National C License:

annan 2017-18 my National Cl icence course.png

We did quite well playing wise.  Betfred Cup was the downpoint.  The upside was we scored in every match at least.  We got knocked out of the Challenge Cup as well by St. Mirren in League 1.  In League 2 we only lost 2 matches.  Overall we're doing well where it counts.

annan 2017-18 half season schedule.png

We don't have much of shot in the Scottish Cup, since St. Johnstone is a Premiership club.  In the league we're in first but it's still pretty tough.

annan 2017-18 competitions.png

Annan Athletic - 2017-2018 Season - Ladbrokes League 2 - End of Season

We didn't win the League we got second place.

annan 2017-18 Table.png

We made the League 1 Relegation finals... we ended up 3-3 in Leg 1:

annan 2017-18 Final leg 1.png

In Leg 2 at home, it went to extra time... Stranraer finally scored and then we tied it up... leading to penalties where we lost:

annan 2017-18 Final leg 2.png

We lost 4 matches after January... wasn't quite good enough...

annan 2017-18 eos schedule.png

Scottish Cup, lost against Premiership St. Johnstone in the 4th Round

Betfred Cup, Lost every match

Challenge Cup, lost in Second Round to League 1 side St. Mirren

annan 2017-18 season review.png

I signed a new 1 year contract:

annan 2017-18 new contract.png

7 of our players are part of the team of the year:

annan 2017-18 team of the year.png

Finances are ok, we pay 1,000 towards our 60k in debt I believe.  We need promotion

annan 2017-18 Finances.png

Transfers In:

We brought in 3 loanees which I don't think even played in a single match since they're backups

Danny Stoney and Ryan Baptie became stars, while everyone else were bench warmers

Transfers Out:

Deadwood...

Our Polish AMC Przemyslaw Dachnowicz was sold for 2k, could rise to 3.2k.  He wasn't an important member of the squad and its money so why not?

annan 2017-18 transfers.png

Our Squad is very strong for this League, we couldn't quite handle the worst League 1 team though.

annan 2017-18 squad.png

Key Players

David McKenna - Our 31 year old Scottish striker had an awesome season.  In 45 appearances he scored 29 goals with 6 assists, 6 player of the match honors with an average rating of 7.10.  I believe he's  got what it takes still in this league although some staff don't think he's good enough for this League oddly enough.

annan 2017-18 David Mckenna.png

Danny Stoney - Our 22 year old Scottish Advanced Playmaker we our second best goal scorer and second best assister for the team.  In 42 matches he scored 17 goals, had 9 assists with 5 Player of the Match honors for an average rating of 7.15.  Young player who I believe will be good in League 1 as well, but not much better than that.

annan 2017-18 Danny Stoney.png

Blair Currie - Our 24 year old Goalkeeper is a top 3 keeper in our league, and he had a great season.  In 45 matches he conceded 68 goals and had 12 clean sheets with an average rating of 6.77.  Unless I happen to come across a better keeper, he'll remain on top for now.

annan 2017-18 Blair currie.png

Rabin Omar - Our 21 year old Scottish Right winger had a great season for us as well.  In 45 appearances he scored 11 goals with 12 assists with 2 Player of the match honors with an average rating of 6.93.    There's more to come for him as well.

annan 2017-18 rabin omar.png

Peter McGill - Is our 21 year old Scottish Left winger, and he had a great season as well.   In 44 appearances he scored 9 goals, with 14 assists with 1 Player of the Match honors for an average rating of 6.98.  There's more to come from him as well.

annan 2017-18 Peter McGill.png

Ryan Baptie - Our 23 year old Scottish left full back was great as well.  In 45 matches he scored 5 goals with 9 assists... converted 3 penalties with 3 Player of the match honors.  Yeah he got 3 yellow cards... but had an average rating of 7.09.   He's probably going to be good thru League 1.

annan 2017-18 ryan baptie.png

Thoughts

Short term set up of not getting promoted isn't the end of the world.  I believe that we'll be favorites for promotion this season.  Our team will be intact this season as we have no contracts expiring all we can do is strengthen the team, and we do have it.  We have a transfer budget of over 14k and 1.38k p/w in wage budget available.  So if we find some exceptional players, we'll have the means to possibly bring them in.  We changed our third formation to a 5-1-4 which makes our loan midfielder an advanced playmaker, and eliminating our AMC playmaker and making a second striker out of that spot while keeping our wingers in tact.  Instead of 4 defenders we put one of the midfielders there as a Defensive Centre Back as  stopper.  Would it work?  4-2-3-1 just seems to popular right now.  

Annan Athletic - 2018-2019 Season - Ladbrokes League 2 - Half Season

Uk leaves the EU but nothing changes in regards to work permits or how the UK handles EU players.

Annan 2018-2019 uk leaves EU.png

Reaching the playoffs is the minimum expectation, I think we're going to be there.

Annan 2018-2019 Season Expectations.png

Betfred Cup... at least we beat Queen's Park.  We almost beat Dumbarton but lost in Penalties...

Annan 2018-2019 Betfred Cup.png

Half Season Schedule results:

Preseason wasn't the best.  One of our players of 10 years had a testimonial with the Polish Club that got our guy last season (who has since been released).  Watson has no real future at the club.  Betfred Cup 1 win.  Got knocked out of the challenge cup to  Motherwell under 20s who are beastly.   Got knocked out of the Scottish Cup thanks to the Highland team Huntly 4-0... which was quite pathetic to be honest.   We're not bad in the League but sadly not 1st place.

Annan 2018-2019 schedule first half.png

Highlighting our competitions, we're in second place, just 2 points out of first.  We're going back to 4-2-3-1 from 5-3-2.  This change I believe will lead us to the title.

Annan 2018-2019 Competitions.png

Squad bonuses, Its all about the league so we keep that high while saving money with Domestic Cups

Annan 2018-2019 Squad bonus.png

Preseason Odds are 4-1 for us to win the League

Annan 2018-2019 LEague 2 odds.png

Our board confidence is stable at the moment while I somehow lead the sack race with 9-2 odds of being sacked... I find it interesting.

Annan 2018-2019 sack race.pngAnnan 2018-2019 board confidence.png

The experiment with different formations at this point was disappointing to be honest.  I hope its more my players not being as suited for other formations/roles than it is whether or not 4-2-3-1 wide is just too OP the way I run it.  Either way I noticed at least in the beginning of the game many clubs used it so since I aim to compete with the best I should use tactics that mimic the best in my opinion.  We'll see.  I'll be surprised if we don't get promoted this season

Annan Athletic - 2018-2019 Season - Ladbrokes League 2 - End of Season

First we have bad news.  Our top striker, 32 David Mckenna has retired from football after getting a broken leg.  He ended up being the second best striker of the season.  In 31 matches he scored 18 times, had 7 assists with 3 Player of the match honors and 1 yellow card for an average rating of 7.01.   He will be missed.

annan 2018-19Mckenna retires.pngannan 2018-19Mckenna retired.png

We didn't do very well in Cups, but we did win the League by 10 points to ensure our promotion!

annan 2018-19 season review.pngannan 2018-19 competitions.png

We only lost 2 matches in the new year!

annan 2018-19 schedule eof.png

When it came to the new year transfer window, we were highlighted for reason :cool:

annan 2018-19 transfer market.png

We signed a new contract, sadly it's only for 1 year.

annan 2018-19new contract.png

Our initial budgets are looking good.

annan 2018-19 initial budgets.png

Our finances aren't the best...

annan 2018-19 finances.png

At least we got a new kit sponsor!

annan 2018-19 New Kit.png

Transfers

In:

Bryan Wharton/Dale Gillespie/Colin Charlesworth - Overrated and gone

Gary Fraser - top goal scorer

Ciaren Lafferty - Future top Striker

Max Brown, Rhys Groves, Jaic Miller, Joseph Bull - back up players on loan from Carlisle.  Joseph Bull was actually a good attacking midfielder unfortunately his club wanted 300k for him...

Out:

Peter Watson - Was with the club for a decade, had his testimonial and then left.

Darren Ramsey - Good player at this level but didn't enjoy being backup

Ricky Frame - left for 9.5k, was good youngster but wasn't good enough for the first team, plus we needed the money

Everyone else was just surplus.

(Ended up not saving soon enough so my squad is very thin now cause the contracts already expired)

annan 2018-19 transfers.pngannan 2018-19Squad.png

Raffi Krissian - The 24 year old Lebanese defender had a great season.  In 43 matches, head 3 assists, 4 player of the match honors, with 2 yellow cards for an average rating of 6.90.

annan 2018-19 raffi krissian.png

Rabin Omar - Our 22 year old, right winger had a great season.  In 43 matches he scored 9 goals with 9 assists with an average rating of 6.85.

annan 2018-19 rabin omar.png

Peter McGill - Our 22 year left winger had a great season too.  In 40 matches he scored 10 goals, and had 18 assists with 1 player of the match honor for an average rating of 6.97.

annan 2018-19 peter mcgill.png

Blair Currie - Our 25 year old sweeper keeper had a great season too, in 38 matches he conceded 66 goals, with 8 clean sheets, average ratings 6.75.

annan 2018-19 blair currie.png

Gary Fraser - He's a 32 scottish striker who save us after Mckenna had to retire.  In 34 matches he scored 18 goals, with 4 assists and 1 Player of the match honor for an average rating of 6.82.

annan 2018-19 gary fraser.png

Adam Asghar - Our 24 year old midfielder was a star this season.  Unfortunately he was a bit season this season, but when he played he was one of the best on the pitch.  In 21 matches he scored 4 goals, had 7 assists with 3 Player of the match honors with an average rating of 7.20.

annan 2018-19 adam asghar.png

Ciaren Lafferty - The few times we played him, he didn't perform too well but this coming season he'll have time to move into his own.  The 22 year old scottish striker played in only 6 matches, scored twice for an average rating of 6.67.  We got him in January and we hope he performs a lot better.

annan 2018-19 ciaran lafferty.png

Next season we need to fill out the squad and hopefully not get relegated.  Everything else is gravy.

Annan Athletic - 2019-2020 Season - Ladbrokes League 1 - Half Season

UK leaves the EU but nothing changes in the world of Football

annan 2019-2020 leaves eu.png

Gotta admit, mid table finish scared me a bit... but they were good at predicting.

annan 2019-2020 season expectations.png

New 2 year contract extension signed!!

annan 2019-2020 new contract.png

Betfed Cup, at least we're in a position to get some results given this group!

annan 2019-2020 Betfred Cup.png

Our odds are to be relegated, somehow I doubt that'll happen... :cool:

annan 2019-2020 Odds.png

Win Bonuses adjusted

annan 2019-2020 win bonus.png

Interesting Matches:

We won 2 Betfred cup matches but didn't qualify for the next round.

We played Rangers Under 20s in the 4th round of the Challenge Cup in front of 14 home fans and lost in Penalties...

In the league we've been very competitive.

annan 2019-2020 schedule till mid year.png

We have literally a 3 way tie at the top with 35 points... We've definitely overperformed this season.

annan 2019-2020 half year competition.png

Challenge Cup exit... great match but we lost 9-8 in penalties...

annan 2019-2020Challenge cup exit.png

Change season expectations... why bother for only an extra 60 pounds when we're already under the wage budget by about 1100 pounds...

annan 2019-2020 change of season expectations.png

Finances could be better, could be worse... we're keeping an eye on things, if we come across a great player in the transfer window we'll pick 'em up, otherwise I'm very happy with our team.

annan 2019-2020 finances half year.png

We're doing way better than I thought we would. Bottom line is the Championship is much tougher than League 1, at least it's my perception at this point.  I think I'd like a season to consolidate in League 1 than to get promoted, but can I really turn down the opportunity to get promoted??? I've always done what I thought is best to get the job done and I don't want to do any less than my best.  But if it doesn't happen, I'm not worried at all.  I think we're definitely in the playoffs at the very least.

Annan Athletic - 2019-2020 Season - Ladbrokes League 1 - Season Review

Got my National B License

annan 2019-2020 Coaching License.png

We lost in the Quarter Finals of the Scottish Cup... We Finished 3rd in the League and got knocked out in the playoffs.

annan 2019-2020 Season Review.png

Alloa and Forfar got Promoted.  I'm amazed that Cowdenbeath didn't get promoted after knocking us out.

annan 2019-2020 Competitions.png

We ended up not doing as well in the second half of the season.  But we excelled in the Scottish up beating Championship side Hibernian and then beating league 2 side Arbroath before getting trounced by Premiership side Hamilton.  The playoffs started out well enough with a 1-1 tie at home.  But away we fought hard and fell a little short.

annan 2019-2020 Schedule.png

Financially we're better though it can only get better!

annan 2019-2020 Finances.png

18k transfer budget with 8k a week salary.  On salary we currently have about 50% of the cap.  I think we just need a few more players to make the push to the Championship.

annan 2019-2020 initial Budgets.png

Transfers

In:

Martin McNiff, Stephen Stirling, Michael McKenna, Willie Dyer, James Severn, and Carlo Monti are all players who made a difference.

Out:

Lots of players didn't want to be back up.  Sam Henderson came and left within months, but at least we made some money on him.

annan 2019-2020 Transfers.png

Our Squad is stronger than ever.   Our B team isn't as good as our A team but its getting better.  We got 5 people on loan from Carlisle for backup and they didn't make much of an impact.  We'll highlight our stars.

annan 2019-2020 The Squad.png

Ciaren Lafferty - Our 23 year Scottish Striker was our best scorer.  In 47 appearances he scored 23 goals, had 7 assists with 5 player of the match honors for an average rating of 6.94.  I hoped he would of done better, hopefully we can see about getting a better striker.

annan 2019-2020 Ciaran Lafferty.png

James Severn - Our 28 year old English Goalkeeper.  We took a chance and he's one of the best keepers.  He made 38 appearances, conceded 45 goals with 12 clean sheets for an average rating of 6.81.   Statistically he one of the best keepers in the League, not sure if he's good enough for the Championship, but when that time comes we'll sort it out.

annan 2019-2020 James Severn.png

Adam Asghar - Our 25 year old Scottish midfielder is one of our star players.  In 44 matches he got 4 goals with 6 assists and 2 Player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.04.  He's necessary to get to the next level at this point.

annan 2019-2020 Adam Asghar.png

Michael McKenna - Our 29 year old Scottish midfielder had a great season as a shadow striker.  In 45 appearances he scored 11 goals with 8 assists, with 1 Player of the match honors with a yellow card, with an average rating of 6.89.  We'll see whether or not he'll be with us once we're in the Championship, but for now I think he still could be key for Promotion.

annan 2019-2020 michael mckenna.png

Rabin Omar - Our 23 year old Scottish Winger had a great season.  In 46 matches he scored 12 goals with 13 assists with 2 player of the match honors for an average rating of 6.94.  He might be good enough for the Championship.  We're the only club he ever player for and that's odd for me.

annan 2019-2020 rabin Omar.png

Steven Black - Our 28 year old Scottish defender who is also our Captain.  In 45 appearances he had 4 assists, 6 Player of the match honors with 1 red card and an average rating of 7.15.  Our Captain was critical in defense this season, and we wouldn't of been in the playoffs without him

annan 2019-2020 steven black.png

Raffi Krissian - Our 25 year old Lebanese Defender is the other defender who has done great this season.  In 44 matches he scored 2 goals, 1 assist, with 5 Player of the match honors... with 3 yellow cards and 1 red card for an average rating of 7.19.  He is also key to our defense in order to get promoted.

annan 2019-2020 Raffi Krissian.png

Overall we did quite well, I would of liked to get promoted to the Championship however since we're STILL dealing with a takeover it could be devastating for our promotion possibilities if we can't strengthen the team.  If we were promoted and in this situation it would of sunk us.   So there is a silver lining.  Also I'm not totally thrilled with our 4-2-3-1 wide setup... I'm thinking of going back to old reliable 4-3-3 narrow.  It might not happen this season but before we get to the Premiership its going to be necessary in my opinion.

Annan Athletic - 2020-2021 Season - Ladbrokes League 1 - Preseason

The takeover Saga is still NOT resolved... Now at least this first message makes SENSE... to "Speed up their takeover of the club that ensures I can operate during the forthcoming xfer window"... but alas it fell on deaf ears.

annan 2020-2021 takeover 1.png

And the rest of messages that kept on coming during the Preseason:

annan 2020-2021 takeover 2.pngannan 2020-2021 takeover 3.pngannan 2020-2021 takeover 4.pngannan 2020-2021 takeover 5.pngannan 2020-2021 takeover 6.pngannan 2020-2021 takeover 7.png

Season Expectations - Kept everything as low as possible due to my fears coming true...

annan 2020-2021 season expectations.png

Betfred Cup group was drawn... we actually can win 2 matches!

annan 2020-2021 Betfred Cup group draw.png

The preseason expectations

annan 2020-2021 expectations.png

Team bonus normal for league, low for cups

annan 2020-2021 win Bonus.png

We got from 150-1 of winning the league to 1000-1 of winning the league thanks to the non takeover takeover...

annan 2020-2021 Promotion Odds.pngannan 2020-2021 Promotion Odds after xfer changed.png

Let's hope the takeover happens in before the January Window... but we're not doing bad considering...

annan 2020-2021 xfer deadline.png

On a side note, Spain beats Holland 2-1 in the final.

annan 2020-2021 Spain European Champions.png

Annan Athletic - 2020-2021 Season - Ladbrokes League 1 - to Winter Transfer 

Takeover completed and new loan... at least its cheap!

annan 2020-2021 new takeover new loan.pngannan 2020-2021 Annan Takeover completed.png

Started my National A Licence

annan 2020-2021 National A licence.png

Still sticking to the same season expectations

annan 2020-2021 Change of season expectations.png

We started out great with our friendlies and even did decent with the Betfred Cup.  In the Challenge cup and Scottish Cup we fell to Dundee.  In the League we didn't do that well and even though we're in 3rd, I fear this is going to be another failed promotion at this point.

annan 2020-2021 First Half Schedule.png

annan 2020-2021 Competitions.png

Annan Athletic - 2020-2021 Season - Ladbrokes League 1 - End of Season

We signed a new Contract!

annan 2020-2021 new contract.png

I got my National A Licence

annan 2020-2021National A License.png

I'm in the running for the Montreal Impact Manager, it's interesting considering I'm just a League 1 Manager in Scotland...

annan 2020-2021 next Montreal Impact manager.png

We got 4th place in the League but won the playoffs to the Championship, If we had given up just 1 more goal or had we not scored 1 goal we wouldn't of made it.

annan 2020-2021 Table.png

In other Competitions Dundee knocked us out of 2 competitions... we did well enough in the important competition

annan 2020-2021Competitions.png

Not the best results in the schedule... capping off with our 6-1 loss to Dundee United right before the playoffs... where we had to play Dundee in the finals!!!

annan 2020-2021 Schedule EOF.png

Finances are ok, but could be better

annan 2020-2021 Finances.png

Xfer budget of 12.5k and the wage budget of 9.25k p/w... Too little I think

annan 2020-2021 initial budget.png

We were only able to bring in a few players due to our takeover Saga.

In:

Calvin Cloquhoun - good midfielder was really only backup

Owen Gallacher - Turned into our top Striker

Out:

Everyone who was let go ended up retiring

annan 2020-2021 Transfers.png

The Squad - Our team is not as strong as I would of liked, we'll see how things sort out considering most of the team have a year left on their contracts.  It'll be interesting if we can now establish a 4-3-3.  

annan 2020-2021 The Squad.png

Rabin Omar - Our 24 year old Scottish winger had a great season.  In 44 matches he scored 10 goals with 15 assists and 1 player of the match honors for an average rating of 6.85.  Not sure how good he'll be in the Championship, and since we might not have wingers anymore we'll see what happens.

annan 2020-2021 Rabin Omar.png

Stephen Stirling - the 31 year old Scottish midfielder did great for us.  In 44 matches he scored 7 times with 10 assists with 3 player of the match honors and 2 yellow cards for an average rating of 7.10.  I think he'll be great in the 4-3-3 if we can achieve it this season.

annan 2020-2021 Stephen Stirling.png

Jordan Holsgrove - Our 21 year old Scottish midfielder in 44 appearances scored 11 goals with 5 assists and 2 player of the match honors for an average rating of 6.95.  I can see him being a midfielder in our 4-3-3.  He's still improving and think he can be a great Championship player.

annan 2020-2021 Jordan Holsgrove.png

James Severn - The 29 year old English Goalkeeper had a good season.  In 44 appearances he conceded 69 goals, had 11 clean sheets with an average rating of 6.75.  It's quite possible we'll find a better keeper, so his future as top keeper is in peril sooner or later.

annan 2020-2021 James Severn.png

Michael McKenna - The 30 year old Scottish midfielder did great this season.  In 40 appearances with 8 goals with 7 assists with 3 Player of the Match honors along with 7 yellow cards with no red cards shows his smarts along with the average rating of 7.12.  I think he'll do fine in the midfield, but I don't think he's going to join us if/when we hit the Premiership.

annan 2020-2021 Michael McKenna.png

Carlo Monti - The 30 year old Scottish winger had a good season.  In 40 matches he scored 7 goals with 9 assists, with 2 penalties, got 4 yellow cards with an average rating of 6.71.  He's a good winder and if we convert to the 4-3-3 he'll be out of the job.  Otherwise he'll be there next season more than likely.

annan 2020-2021 Carlo Monti.png

Raffi Krissian - The 26 year old Lebanese defender is one of our best.  He played the last match injured with injections and did great.  In 39 matches he scored 1 goal, had 5 Player of the match honors with 4 yellow cards and an average rating of 7.09.  He'll be back by the time the new season starts.

annan 2020-2021 Raffi Krissian.png

Owen Gallacher - The 22 year old scottish Striker saved the season for us.  In 31 matches he scored 16 goals with 3 assists, 2 Player of the Match honors with an average rating of 7.02.  Not sure if he's good enough to be the prime striker in a 4-2-3-1... but if we do go to 4-3-3 then I can see him being one of our strikers.

annan 2020-2021 Owen Gallacher.png

As long as we don't go thru another takeover Saga I'm happy.  I'm looking forward to see if montreal wants me to manager them... I won't go now that we're promoted.  I'm worried to see if the team can hang at that level, so we'll need a few new key players to join us I think, I was wrong about the toughness of the League 1 though so we'll see.  Depending on the players we can bring in we'll see if we hit 4-3-3.

annan 2020-2021Competitions.png

Annan Athletic - 2021-2022 Season - Ladbrokes Championship - Half Season

Commercial Summary - Finances getting better slowly!

annan 2020-2021 Commercial Summary.png

Season Expectations - Avoiding Relegation, otherwise its normal

annan 2020-2021 season expectations.png

Betfred Cup Group - We didn't get out of the group again but we didn't do that bad...

annan 2020-2021 Betfred Cup groups.png

Squad Bonuses - All about the League, Cups are low still

annan 2020-2021 Squad Bonuses.png

Promotion Odds 200-1, I thought I would of been second to last but We're Last...

annan 2020-2021 Promotion Odds.png

Competitive Expectations - Nothing new

annan 2020-2021 expexctations review.png

First Half the season Schedule - Friendlies went alright, Betfred Cup won half, lost half, not too bad.  Challenge Cup we failed early... but demolished Albion Rovers in the Scottish Cup since they're just League 2.  Otherwise the Championship isn't going our way... However with enough Ties and victories against a few lower end clubs I think we'll eek out survival.

annan 2020-2021 FIrst Half schedule.png

Competitions: Most importantly is the Championship and we're currently 8th.  I don't think we'll end up 10th but I can see us potentially moving down to 9th just cause they're pretty close to our strength.  Ayr is also a team we have 2 wins over so it's not looking too bad if we can get  a good number of ties.  Also we have a couple good people joining the club in January who should make us a little more competitive.  

annan 2020-2021 Competitions.png

Finances - Currently 75k in the hole... it'll work itself out by the end of the season I think

annan 2020-2021 FH Finances.png

Quite a few lower end clubs throughout Europe have approached me to become their manager.  Mostly Czech, Russian, Slovakian, English, and French clubs.  The 2 top clubs that approached were both New York City Clubs oddly enough.

annan 2020-2021 NY Bulls interview.pngannan 2020-2021 NYC Football Club.png

Overall I hope to sell of some surplus players (lots of luck of that happening) and bringing in some new blood to hopefully turn things a little better for us.  Tough League to get a hold in, but it makes things a lot more interesting.

1 hour ago, cerud said:

Hey @JerseyShoreDave

Just curious if you've been using your 4-2-3-1 formation all the way through each season. Have you modified it as you moved up in leagues? Or throughout the season if there has been a dip in form?

Up until this season I did and I used Control/Fluid with it.  Now I'm back to my old reliable 4-3-3 Narrow with Control/Fluid.   To me it just doesn't play right, perhaps its other settings I employed, not sure.  I'm happy with my offense now, just have to work on defense as usual.

Annan Athletic - 2021-2022 Season - Ladbrokes Championship - End of Season

The Table - Ended up 4th place, We made some Shrewd purchases in January that turned some of our fortunes around.

annan 2021-2022 The Championship Table.png

Past Positions - It took time but we fought our way into a respectful position

annan 2021-2022 Past Positions.png

The Competitions - Other than the League we didn't perform quite well

annan 2021-2022 competitions.png

The Schedule:  One can see that once February came around we were firing on ALL cylinders.  End of April we fell apart but when the playoffs starts we woke up and scored our first 2 victories over Kilmarnock till we met Queen of the South who at that point just have more than we had.  I thought we would of been fighting for survival but it turned out to be a lot better than that.

annan 2021-2022 Schedule.png

The Finances - Our Finances are the best they've been... how long it lasts is another question

annan 2021-2022 FInances.png

Initial Budgets are 11k/week and almost 36k xfer budget... Its getting there.  I hope per person salaries go up already...

annan 2021-2022 inital budget.png

Injecting 170k did help our finances... just sayin'

annan 2020-2021 cash injection.png

Commerical Summary - Our income is improving as we improve

annan 2021-2022 commercial summary.png

We're going for our Continental C License!

annan 2020-2021 coaching course.png

One thing I found out, we're averaging 1k fans per match... we're getting a bit more popular now!

annan 2021-2022 season review.png

We had many offers from other clubs to join them, Including the Vancouver Whitecaps and FC Dallas

annan 2020-2021 Vancouver Whitecaps.pngannan 2020-2021 fc dallas.png

Brought in many people, some of which were good others not so good.  Our January intakes made the difference.  Our Strikers Boden and Bowman made a difference as did our new midfield Mulgrew and our new keeper McCabe.  We need to upgrade our back line most of all.  4-3-3 I think is now a success.  I'm happy with how we play now.  Not sure if we'll get promoted this upcoming season, the money is good enough.  With 2 good teams from the Premiership coming down to our division it'll be like last season except we'll perform better I think.

annan 2021-2022 Transfers.png

Our Squad is huge, but thankfully most of the benchwarmers will be gone, its what happened thanks to the looooong drawn out takeover saga.  Also my Director of Football signed some contracts that I couldn't deny for whatever reason when I'm the one under responsibilities the one to finalize contracts so I'm not sure what happened but he's gone asap.

annan 2021-2022 Squad.png

Michael McKenna - Our 31 year old scottish midfielder had a great year.  sadly slowly he's in a slow decline due to age, but he did well in 47 appearances he scored 11 goals with 8 assists, converted 2 penalties and had 6 Player of the Match honors with 3 yellow cards for an average rating of 7.11.  He'll be good here but not the Premiership.  Time will tell if he stays in the midfield or is relegated to backup.

annan 2021-2022 Michael McKenna.png

Jordan Garden - Our 24 year old Scottish striker had a great first season for us.  In 39 matches he scored 16 goals with 9 assists and 1 player of the match honor with 1 yellow card and an average rating of 7.05.

annan 2021-2022 Jordan Garden.png

Ciaran Lafferty - Our 25 year old Scottish striker was injured a bit this season and his skills have diminished a bit.  He did well though, in 38 appearances he scored 14 goals with 7 assists and 2 Player of the match honors for an average rating of 6.95.  Overall not bad but we're eyeing other strikers for the 4-3-3 narrow lineup and he could find himself on the backup squad.

annan 2021-2022 Ciaran LAfferty.png

Colin McCabe - Our 25 year old Irish keeper is new to the squad, and he didn't have the best season.  In 26 appearances he conceded 44 goals with 2 clean sheets for an average rating of 6.84.  We need a better defense to compliment him.

annan 2021-2022 Colin Mccabe.png

Scott Boden is our 32 year old English Striker who did well in his first season with us.  In 24 matches he scored 11 goals with 6 assists and 1 Player of the match honors for an average rating of 6.90.  He's great for this level not sure if he's premiership material but that's not the issue at the moment.

annan 2021-2022 Scott Boden.png

Our 27 year old Lebanese defender who's been with the club since before I came has been performing well.  In 47 appearances he scored twice with 1 assist and 3 player of the match honors with 2 yellow cards for an average rating of 7.04.  He's done great at this level and he's more than likely to be a starter.

annan 2021-2022 Raffi Krissian.png

It's not true that a great offense is the best defense as we were both the League's top goal scorers as well the team who gave up the most goals.  It still amazes me we made the playoffs and even had a decent showing.  With the right defensive purchases we can make a run.  Depending who's on the market and who we can attract to the club.  I figure we could be a top 4 club, not that the odds would predict it.

annan 2021-2022 competitions.png

annan 2021-2022 Jordan Garden.png

Annan Athletic - 2022-2023 Season - Ladbrokes Championship - Pre-Season

We have a long way to go to get the sponsorships of other teams...

annan 2022-2023 sponsorship table.png

Review of last season - We're highlighted cause we're just that damn good :cool:

annan 2022-2023 Championship review.png

Season Expectations - I think it's safe to say we'll avoid relegation

annan 2022-2023 season expectations.png

Betfred Cup - I think we might just make round 2 finally...

annan 2022-2023 Betfred Cup.png

We've now acquired our Continental C License...

annan 2022-2023 Continental C License.png

The Preseason odds of winning the League is 300-1???? we got 4th place last year.

annan 2022-2023 Preseason Odds.png

2022 World Cup.. Senegal defeats Germany 2-1.  In the second Round Senegal gives up only 1 goal.  Great team.

annan 2022-2023 Senegal wins WC.png

We strengthen the team nicely, I'm looking to be in the playoffs.

Annan Athletic - 2022-2023 Season - Ladbrokes Championship - January Xfer Window

Win Bonuses same as last season

annan 2022-2023 squad win bonuses.png

We qualified out of our Betfred Group!

annan 2022-2023 Betfred qual.png

More MLS clubs and other clubs around the world want me... we denied them all... 2 examples:

annan 2022-2023 Atlanta United.pngannan 2022-2023 Houston Dynamo.png

First half the season has been a bit disappointing, sure we got 2nd in our Betfred Cup only to get knocked out by Rangers.  Challenge Cup came to an end in the Quarter Finals vs. TNS in extra time.  In the Championship we just never got things going.  

annan 2022-2023 First half schedule.png

In the Scottish cup we have Raith which is a 50/50 chance of victory.  In the League we're 7th but only on Goal differential.  Its been a disappointing season so far.

annan 2022-2023 Competition.png

Finances - Only 30k left, its going to get worse...

annan 2022-2023 Finances.png

Overall disappointing season so far. We're not getting good results and overall I'm not sure where we're going wrong.  I don't know if the playoffs are even realistic.  I can see that we were predicted to be last place for a reason that I obviously haven't seen.  I'm not sure if we can attract the right player given how small our club is.  We have the smallest stadium, our finances just can't compete with the other clubs and what they can attract in terms of talent at the moment.  Some of our good players want to move on, so if we can achieve some sales and able to attract good cheap talent maybe we can make that push.

Annan Athletic - 2022-2023 Season - Ladbrokes Championship - End of Season

Many clubs wanted my services including Falkirk in the Scottish Premiership...

annan 2022-2023 Falkirk.png

Naturally we were overachievers in the League... but 7th isn't anything to really be proud of

annan 2022-2023 Championship Review.png

Our stadium needs to be filled and expanded so we can really compete at this level...

annan 2022-2023 season review.png

This is not enough to get the job done

annan 2022-2023 initial budgets.png

Show me the money!

annan 2022-2023 commercial summary.png

St. Johnstone just won the league by 31 points... we're languishing in 7th

annan 2022-2023 League Table.png

Our match of the second half of the season was 4-4 against St. Johnstone.  Otherwise we were mediocre

annan 2022-2023 end of season.png

We're not making enough money

annan 2022-2023 finances.png

We did good with transfers but not good enough...

annan 2022-2023 xfers.png

The Squad - I'd like to think we have the strongest team we ever had but I guess maybe I'm wrong

annan 2022-2023 Squad.png

Cameron Mackay - Our new 26 year old scottish Keeper came in January.  In 12 matches he conceded 14 goals with just 2 clean sheets for an average rating of 6.83.  He's not keen on renewing but I hope he does stay especially with our new and improved defense we got during the summer break.

annan 2022-2023 Cameron Mackay.png

Kyle Cameron - Our 26 year old Scottish central defender was purchased in January.  In 19 appearances he had 2 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.00.  Looks like he'll be starting this upcoming season so he'll be crucial to our success!

annan 2022-2023 Kyle Cameron.png

Calvin Colquhoun - Our 26 year old Scottish midfielder did well.  In 45 appearances he scored 4 goals with 11 assists for an average rating of 7.02.  With our midfield upgraded I hope he'll perform better, we'll need it.

annan 2022-2023 Calvin Colquhoun.png

Joe Nuttall is our 26 year old English Striker who had a lot of hype but didn't quite live up too it. In 45 matches he scored 14 goals with 10 assists, 5 player of the match honors with 1 yellow card with an average rating of 6.95.  So far in preseason he's a benchwarmer.  Maybe he'll be able to get back in but he'll have to perform!

annan 2022-2023 Joe Nuttall.png

Ryan Bowman is our 31 year old English striker who was our top goal scorer last season.  In 41 matches he scored 21 goals with 4 assists, converting 1 penalty kick with 5 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.06.  He's a starting striker for us this season.

annan 2022-2023 Ryan Bowman.png

Jordan Garden is our 25 year old scottish striker.  In 44 matches he scored 17 goals with 6 assists, 5 player of the match honors with 1 yellow card for an average rating of 7.10.  Right now he's not starting due to some new acquisitions but that doesn't mean he won't find his way back in.

annan 2022-2023 Jordan Garden.png

Well the betfred Cup could be worse... not sure we're good enough for second round but we'll see how it plays out,

annan 2022-2023 Betfred Cup group drawn.png

On the one hand I'm happy all we're expected to do is attempt to avoid relegation but at the same time I want to win the league already

annan 2022-2023 season expectations.png

It like every season our odds go lower and lower...  I can't imagine we're THAT bad...

annan 2022-2023 Odds.png

I've played in the preseason right up to the start of the Betfred Cup.  We had a real coup with a striker coming to us who use to make several thousands in salary, if he plays up to his hype things should get interesting.  Our defense is stronger, and our midfield isn't as highly regarded now but there is nothing better available to us at the moment.  We'll see what happens, we're hampered by finances more than anything else at this point.

annan 2022-2023 Challenge Cup review.png

Annan Athletic - 2023-2024 Season - Ladbrokes Championship - Winter Xfers

Squad Bonuses... Normal for League, low for Cups

annan 2023-2024 Squad Bonuses.png

Promotion Odds - 650-1...

annan 2023-2024 Promotion Odds.png

Our Keeper got a decent bid after getting a 1k one... but we reject it and due to how we are right now he signed a new contract!

annan 2023-2024 Mackay Offer.png

We won our Betfred Group for the first time!

annan 2023-2024 Betfred Cup Group Winner.png

Our first player is called up for international duty.  Too bad they're a filthy winger...

annan 2023-2024 First player called up for int duty.png

We more offers for jobs than I want to post, but FCNYC is the biggest of the offers

annan 2023-2024 NYCFC.png

We signed a new 2 year contract @ 1k p/w

annan 2023-2024 New Contract.png

Finances - Aren't bad right now... could get better...

annan 2023-2024 First half Finances.png

Now THIS is the team of the week!  Since we run a 4-3-3 I don't think we can ever get everyone on...

annan 2023-2024 Now that's a team of the weak.png

Amazingly  We got knocked out again out of the Betfred Cup by Rangers

We're in the Scottish League Challenge Cup semi finals... and could actually reach the finals we got Queen of the South up next.

Scottish Cup we have Premiership Side Dundee up next, doesn't look good to advance.

In the League we're in 1st place.... 4 new recruits and tightening up of our defenses is what it took

annan 2023-2024 First half Competitions.png

Past Positions - We fought our way up and I am confident that we'll be at least in the playoffs

annan 2023-2024 past positions.png

Schedule - Other than a friendly loss to Dundee, our Betred Cup defeats and 1 league loss to Inverness we either won or tied all our other matches... We even had a 6 game winning streak!

annan 2023-2024 First half schedule.png

Change of season expectations - Why change when all i get is 60 pounds... 

annan 2023-2024 Changing season expectations.png

During winter break we've already recruited 2 new midfielders and we're in the process of a new backup keeper to bring our number up to 3.  Other than that and selling a few people (hopefully) we won't be doing much in the xfer market.  Our young Scottish winger got 16 15k bids so we're selling him as he has no future at the club.

Annan Athletic - 2023-2024 Season - Ladbrokes Championship - Season Results

Getting my Continental B License

annan 2023-2024 Continental B.png

During the Transfer window we brought in 7 players since our players demanded better quality, and cause we needed to shore up the team

annan 2023-2024 xfer window.png

Challenge Cup Review - We we part of the best match, and we had the leading assister in the competition

annan 2023-2024 challenge cup review.png

Guess I didn't mention that we won the Championship!

annan 2023-2024 Ladrokes Championship ours.png

The Championship Table - Gave up the least goals, got the most points and only lost 3 matches!

annan 2023-2024 League Table.png

Season Review - We've filled out stadium on average 53%.

annan 2023-2024 Season Review.png

Schedule - Second half of the season we did alright.   We lost the scottish 4th round to Dundee by just 1-0.  Queen of the South who  got second in the league knocked us out of the Challenge Cup.  And Dundee United kicked our butts.

annan 2023-2024 Schedule Second half.png

Initial Budgets - wage budgets 12,250 p/w and transfer budget of 108k... wage budget is too small

annan 2023-2024 Initial budgets.png

We're now a Professional Club

annan 2023-2024 Professional.png

Our Scouting Range is now all of Europe

annan 2023-2024 scouting range.png

Commercial Summary - We're making more money...

annan 2023-2024 Commercial Summary.png

Finances - Best ever!

annan 2023-2024 Finances.png

Transfers - We got rid of a lot of youngsters and dead weight.  Made a few key purchases.  The free transfers overall did better than the paid transfers for us, but such is life.  The high performing ones are highlighted later on.

annan 2023-2024 Transfers.png

The Squad - Going into our first Premiership season its looking not too bad...

annan 2023-2024 Squad.png

Cameron Mackay - Our 27 year old had a great season... in fact he had the best season of any keeper ever in the Championship.  In 36 matches in the championship he conceded 26 goals, had 20 clean sheets for an average rating of 6.88.  Overall in 47 matches he conceded 38 matches with 23 clean sheets with an average rating of 6.86.  He's signed a 3 year contract and he's our top keeper for the time being.

annan 2023-2024 Cameron Mackay.png

Louis Appere - Our 25 year old Scottish striker is our best striker.  He use to make a lot more money at his previous club but no one would buy him so we did.   He wanted us to strengthen our midfield which I don't think we really accomplished but he's happy to be playing as a poacher.  In 44 matches he scored 19 goals with 12 assists, convert a penalty, had 3 player of the match honors for an average rating of 6.98.  All our striker at the end of the season had dry spells which lowered their ratings at the end of the season.  I'm counting on him to perform well for us, he's now on a 3 year pro contract.

annan 2023-2024 Louis Appere.png

Robert Thomson - Our 31 year old scottish striker did well this season.  In 43 matches he scored 14 goals with 11 assists and 3 player of the match honors for an average rating of 6.99.  Not sure if he'll be a starter this upcoming season but will probably be an backup.

annan 2023-2024 Robert Thomson.png

Jordan Garden - Our 26 year old scottish Striker also did well this season.  In 42 matches he scored 11 goals with 9 assists and 2 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.01.  I'm not sure if he'll be a starter this upcoming season.  he'll be a part time backup player.

annan 2023-2024 Jordan Garden.png

Connor Ward - Is our 23 year old scottish playmaking midfielder.  In 38 matches he scored 4 goals, had 3 assists with 3 Player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.17.  He's a great improving player that we're most likely keeping in this role in the Premiership.  He's signed a 3 year professional contract.

annan 2023-2024 Connor Ward.png

Charlie Mulgrew - Our 24 year old Scottish Midfielder had a good season.  Due to injuries he reappeared in the starting lineup.  In 30 matches he scored 3 goals with 7 assists and 1 player of the match honor for an average rating of 7.12.  Overall he did great considering, he'll be at best a part time substitute.

annan 2023-2024 Charlie Mulgrew.png

Kyle Cameron - Our 27 year old Central Defender performed great.  In 47 matches he scored once, with 2 assists, 5 player of the match honors with 4 yellow cards for an average rating of 7.20. He did great and depending on our new players may or may not be in the starting lineup, but he definitely help us get to this level.

annan 2023-2024 Kyle Cameron.png

Robbie Deas - Our 24 year old Central defender did great this season.  In 47 matches he scored twice with 1 assist and 4 player of the match honors with 1 yellow card for an average rating of 7.24.  I believe he'll be in the starting 11 in the Premiership.

annan 2023-2024 robbie Deas.png

Getting into the Premiership and becoming a professional team are both huge steps alone... but even more so together.  We had to reinforce the team so not all of our players could become professionals yet.  I probably won't be able to bring anyone more players in until next summer due to wage restraints.  We're all in this season.  We were able to defend far better by just making our defensive line normal from slightly higher under instructions.  We're keeping the 4-3-3 with last season's settings except maybe new roles within the formation depending on our recruits talents.

annan 2023-2024 challenge cup review.png

annan 2023-2024 Schedule Second half.png

Annan Athletic - 2024-2025 Season - Ladbrokes Premiership - Winter Transfer

In the European Championships... England beats Germany in Penalties 

annan 2024-2025 England wins Euros.png

Championship Review from Last season...

annan 2023-2024 Championship Review.png

Season Expectations... Low as possible.

annan 2024-2025 seaspm expectiations.png

New 3 year contract. 1,300 p/w

annan 2024-2025 3 year contract.png

BetFred Group draw... we ended up winning all the matches

annan 2024-2025 Betfred Cup.png

Got the Continental B Licence.

annan 2024-2025 cont b license.png

Finances -  Kinda broke

annan 2024-2025 Finances.png

Squad Bonuses - normal bonuses for league and low bonuses for cups

annan 2024-2025 win bonuses.png

Title Odds - 12th.  Not the best.

annan 2024-2025 Title Odds.png

Change of season expectations... no way I'm touching.

annan 2024-2025 change season expectations.png

Schedule

Betfred Cup - Did well till Motherwell beat us in extra time

Scottish Cup - so far so good.  We beat Cove Rangers.  Either Forfar Athletic or Celtic in the 5th round.

League - Beating Ross county 6-2 was amazing,  beating Hearts was our biggest victory.  The top teams beat us regularly for the most part.  Our Keeper and all 3 top strikers were out for periods of times.  If we slack we could still get relegated.

annan 2024-2025 First half schedule.png

A new record for goals in the Premiership...

annan 2024-2025 goal record.png

The Competitions

The Table - 7th Place, I think we're good enough for 8th by the end of the season 9th at the worst side.  We have some very tough games coming up so I doubt we can go top 6 before the league breaks in half.

Scottish Cup - Hopefully we get Forfar... Celtic is more than likely a loss.

Betfred Cup - Motherwell was too good.

annan 2024-2025 Competitions.png

We had no money for transfers but I think we'll survive.  Most of the time our Stadium has been full at 2,500.  Even though it costs money to expand, we need it to survive.  The hard stuff starts now, to grow big enough to get into the Euro cup, than Champions League.  Celtic is by far above everyone they'll be the tough nut to crack if its even crackable.

Annan Athletic - 2024-2025 Season - Ladbrokes Premiership - Season Review

I noticed a huge strange result while time was flowing In-game so I ended up researching it to see what was going on.  Well there is a team whom I feel bad for and don't like in England named Sunderland.  In the 23-24 season they won the FA cup.  The ended up winning their Euro Cup group which was very easy.  Then they faced Inter.  In Italy they lost 1-0 but in the second leg at home, they win 6-0.  That's what caught my eye.  They ended up losing to FCP in the very next round but still it was one of those moments.

annan 2024-2025 Euro Sunderland.pngannan 2024-2025 Sunderland vs inter.png

Here's the Premiership Table before the League split, and we were 8th place.

annan 2024-2025 Ladbrookes Premiership split.png

The table pretty much remained the same.   We scored the most goals and gave up the most goals... so we have work to do.

annan 2024-2025 Table EOF.png

Schedule:

Scottish Cup - We started out in the 4th round by knocking out League 1 team, Cove Rangers in a simple 3-1 win. We then had an epic battle against Celtic that actually gave us the lead by 2-1 at half time but sadly this wasn't meant to be at the end of the match we were knocked out.  

Premiership - The top teams beat us over and over for the most part.  The highlight was the 3-2 home win over Aberdeen.

After the split I thought we would of done better, but injuries of our lesser players as well as simply being tired... added up leading up to a 6-4 loss to St. Johnstone and an even worse 7-1 trouncing by Ross County which showed our secondary team doesn't belong on the pitch.

annan 2024-2025 Schedule EOF.png

I'm hoping since our stadium is 98% that we'll get an extension to our stadium, but think we have to solidify the team before asking for it, especially IF we can get Euro Cup football...

annan 2024-2025 season review.png

Commercial Summary - So far so good.  It's going up slowly... oddly enough this popped up before we got our League payout of over a million in prize money.

annan 2024-2025 commercial summ.png

Finances - We're richer than ever!

annan 2024-2025 Finances.png

Initial Budgets 16.5k/wk xfer budget of 287k... It'll have to do.

annan 2024-2025 initial budgets.png

Premiership Review - We're the overachievers

annan 2024-2025 premiership review.png

Scouting - We can scout worldwide now... with 4 scouts

annan 2024-2025 scouting anywhere.png

Sponsorships - We have a long ways to go!

annan 2024-2025 sponsorships.png

The Squad - The best we've had

annan 2024-2025 Squad.png

Transfers - Incoming Orestlis, Bates, Dair, Ashcroft, Von Kaenel all became important players.

annan 2024-2025 EOF Transfers.png

Cameron Mackay - He was outspoken that the club needed to be strengthened, we tried but obviously not good enough, hopefully we achieve it this upcoming season.  Our 28 year old Scottish keeper didn't have the best of seasons, he was injured as well for 8 weeks which hurt us in the end as his backup keeper was even worse.  In 37 matches he conceded 82 goals with just 6 clean sheets for an average rating of 6.74.  We're simply not going to be able to buy a better keeper at a price the club can afford so we simply need to strengthen the team.

annan 2024-2025 Cameron Mackay.png

Robbie Deas - He also joined the club needed to be strengthen team and was the #2 guy upset over it.  Our 25 year old Scottish central defender had a fine season in between being out for some small injuries and his red card.  In 38 appearances he scored 4 goals with 4 player of the match honors with 4 yellow cards, 1 red card for an average rating of 7.08.  I imagine him being in the lineup this upcoming season.

annan 2024-2025 Robbie Deas.png

Gavin Dair - An absolute midfield beast for us.  He was a steal for us and I'm keeping him with us for as long as he plays this well.  Our 25 year old Scottish midfielder had an awesome season In 45 matches he scored 18 goals with 11 assists, converted 2 penalties with 4 player of the match honors and 4 yellow cards for an average rating of 7.28.  He's a great player and is going to serve us well into his 30s I imagine.

annan 2024-2025 Gavin Dair.png

Louis Appere - He was probably number 3 on the list of strengthening the club but got over it pretty quick.  Our 26 year old Scottish striker had a great season despite a few injuries along the way.  In 39 matches he scored 22 goals with 10 assists with 2 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.03.  I think he'll be good enough to stay on the first team, I like the way he plays better then his 2 other starting strikers.

annan 2024-2025 appere.png

Dominik von Kaenel - Our 26 year old Swiss striker had a great season.  In 42 matches he scored 23 goals with 15 assists, 2 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.06.  Overall he did have a great season.  I don't always like the way he plays on the pitch though.  I think we can do better than him as a starter, he could be here awhile as a backup for sometime I think.

annan 2024-2025 Dominik von.png

Robert Thomson - He's a great player but at 32 years old, he's not going to be around at this level much longer.  That being said he had a great season.  In 45 matches he scored 22 goals with 13 assists with 4 player of the match honors with 1 yellow card and an average rating of 7.11.  I can see him being a backup player for sometime unless he wants to play more but his shelf life isn't long enough for us, although his salary is cheap enough to consider him longer.

annan 2024-2025 Robert Thomson.png

Orestis Kiomourtzoglou - Is our 27 year old greek midfield playmaker.  He did well in 45 matches he scored 6 goals with 10 assists and 1 player of the match honor with 2 yellow cards for an average rating of 7.13.  I think he'll be our playmaker going into the next season too as we have more pressing areas like defense to strengthen.  Either way he's a good enough player to get the ball to the strikers at this level.

annan 2024-2025 Orestis Kiomourt.png

This season was the test for our future endeavors.  Our team is good enough for this level.  We were in our first season the best on offense and the worst on defense.  Overall I checked out our players and they are saying our attack needs upgrading... its our defense that needs it.   In a perfect world I'd get 4 defenders, 1 midfielder, and 2 strikers.  Right now I see 1 defender, 1 midfielder, and 3 strikers on my radar.  Can we afford them?  are they as good as I think?  I dunno.  

Another consideration is our Stadium... it needs expansion badly.  Now I could wait and see if I can get into the Euro Cup and that'll force expansion although I might have to get into the cup twice for that to happen.  When Celtic has a player that has a salary that is 4 times higher than my entire team... I know I have a long ways to go before being top dog in Scotland.  I hope 5th place is possible.

Annan Athletic - 2025-2026 Season - Ladbrokes Premiership - PreSeason Review

Betfed Cup Draw - We won all the matches!

annan 2024-2025 Betfred Cup draw.png

We got the team to back us in avoiding to getting dragged into the relegation battle... but you'll see Mackay and Deas are pleased  the team is strengthened... then they complained later but by the time September came you'll see why they're satisfied.

annan 2024-2025 Strengthened team.png

Premiership Odds we're again in 12th... even Kilmarnock and Inverness are "above" us.  I figure at worse we're 9th.

annan 2024-2025 premiership odds 2.png

Win Bonuses - League normal, Cup low as usual

annan 2024-2025 premiership win bonuses.png

Preseason transfer window - Celtic spent a lot and traded a lot as did Hearts.  We couldn't complete 2 deals for simple reasons those clubs wanted us to contribute to the player salaries and I said no.

annan 2024-2025 premiership xfer window.png

Season expectations - Avoid automatic relegation and fifth round of the Scottish cup.  Fair enough.

annan 2024-2025 season expectations.png

The Premiership Table after 5 matches we're in first... literally tied with Rangers.  Look at Celtic... so far 10th and we play them next!

annan 2025-2026 preseason Table.png

Results - Second round of the Betfred Cup was a little tricky but we got the win in Penalties over Championship side Cowdenbeath.  Next up in the Betfred Cup is championship side Queen of the South.  Also we tied Burnley who is an English Premiership side, and lost in the 93rd minute to Aston VIlla an English Championship side.  We also beat both Motherwell and Hearts for the first time I believe.  I'll take these results anyday.

annan 2025-2026 preseason schedule.png

Just a comparison of Premiership Stadiums, we got the smallest one!

annan 2025-2026 Premiership Stadiums.png

Transfers:

We brought in 2 new srikers who are in fact Starting Kern and O'hara.  Kern is kicking ass, O'Hara not so much

2 new fullbacks Jake and Jordan. Jordan is a starter

Flanagan is our new midfielder so far kicking butt.

Placek is an expensive good backup keeper

Noel is a good central defender

Conroy is our new starting central defender that I hope to get into the club

Yates is just backup

annan 2025-2026 preseason xfers.png

With almost a perfect start, we just need to keep it going.  Never any guarantees, we've had a few minor injuries already which isn't a good indicator in my experience but there's nothing stopping us right now.  The Goal is 5th place or higher to get into Europa Cup at least.  We'll see how far we get.

Annan Athletic - 2025-2026 Season - Ladbrokes Premiership - Winter Xfer Window

We won the Betfred Cup

annan 2025-2026 Betfred Cup Winners.pngannan 2025-2026 Betfred Cup Review.png

Change of Season Expectations... Not dumb enough to change expectations especially with no financial gain

annan 2024-2025 change of season exp.png

Schedule

Betfred Cup - We had Championship side Queen of the South in the Quarters.  They took us to extra time when we turned it on.  In the Semi's we got our first ever victory over Celtic, and in the Finals we got the rare victory over Dundee.

Scottish Cup - We played League 2 side Brechin and won 6-1 so far.  Next up Livingston.

Premiership -  We were down to 4th by the end of November.  But since Celtic took us down in the beginning of December we haven't lost.  The remainder of the season will be tough especially since it looks like we'll be in the top half when the League split happens, and who knows how things will turn out.  We're currently second behind Rangers.  Celtic's manager went to English Premier League side Burnley and Hibernian's manager has taken Celtic up to 3rd.

annan 2024-2025 mide schedule.pngannan 2024-2025 Competitions.png

Transfers

IN

Frank Ross - Late addition to the midfield, performing well.

Persson - A backup L/R winger

The other loanees from Carlisle are there due to all the backup injuries... never know

OUT

Sold Liam, our defender for about 30k  and one of our benched strikers for 14k

annan 2024-2025 mid xfer.png

Finances - Still doing alright considering.  Surprised we still have over a million

annan 2024-2025 mid finance.png

Many of our starters had a great increase in their value.  I'm getting worried that some other richer teams will poach some our players sooner than later since our finances aren't the best.  Had a few star players looking for new contracts... it'll be painful in the summer.  Still no word on Stadium Expansion.  In the winter break we just tried to sell some unused players, didn't have any hope of bringing in new talent.  Interesting times.  surprisingly as well since I've been in the Premiership no one has come for my managerial services.  

Annan Athletic - 2025-2026 Season - Ladbrokes Premiership - Season Results

I observed an interesting match... In the first Knockout Round Leg 1 between AC Milan and Olympiakos In Milan... Milan won that 4-2.  But in Greece in Leg 2... Olympiakos win the match 9-2 in Greece.  Sure in the 47th minute Milan went down a man, the win just seemed overdone to me.  Olympiakos made it to the semis where they lost to eventual champions BMG, but in the Greek League they finished just 7th.  

annan 2025-2026 Olympiakos vs milan.png

Schedule

Premiership we continued our run, had some losses along the way as most teams do, but overall I was quite pleased.

Scottish Cup - We won it solidly.  Amazing amount of money from the Semis on up... just what we need.

annan 2025-2026 Schedule.png

The Premiership Table

We were in second before the split of the League.  After the League split we fell to third.  No shame in being Third to Celtic and Rangers

annan 2025-2026 Premiership before split.pngannan 2025-2026 post split.png

Some Screenshots highlight our accomplishments from the season.  Our stadium was 99% full for the season.

annan 2025-2026 Premiership review.pngannan 2025-2026 Scottish Cup.pngannan 2025-2026 Scottish Cup Review.pngannan 2025-2026 Season Review.pngannan 2025-2026 Double Win.png

In the Scottish Cup we set a new record for most goals in a season at 19.  Old record was 16 by Celtic

Louis Appere's 8 goals was a new Scottish Cup Record as well... the old record was Marcus Thuram with 7 goals

annan 2025-2026 Scottish Cupgoals.pngannan 2025-2026 Scottish Cup recordg.png

Commerical Summary - We're getting a lot more money in!

annan 2025-2026 Commercial summary.png

Initial Budgets 70k p/w and an xfer budget of 8.36m ... Now That's Money!

annan 2025-2026 Initial Budgets.png

Stadium Expansion with no debt!  We're adding 100% of seats up to 5,008!

annan 2025-2026 Stadium Expansion.pngannan 2025-2026 Facilities.png

Finances - Almost 9 million in the bank!

annan 2025-2026 Finances.png

Transfers 

We did bring in a good Scottish midfielder with Robbie McKenzie outside of the regular xfer market.

annan 2025-2026 xfers.png

The Squad - Obviously the strongest Squad we had... our players are in the team of the year and other players got some money for over performing

annan 2025-2026 Contract Bonuses.pngannan 2025-2026 Annan team of the year.pngannan 2025-2026 Squad.png

Cameron Mackay - Our 29 year old Scottish keeper had a good season.  In 51 matches he conceded 72 goals with 11 clean sheets for an average rating of 6.92.  Is he good enough to take us to the next level or not.  For now I think we're keeping with him.

annan 2025-2026 Cameron Mackay.png

Jake Sheppard is our 29 year right defender.  In 40 matches he had 40 assists with 3 player of the match honors, 4 yellow cards and an average rating of 7.40.  I think we can find a better player but at the same time he played so well.

annan 2025-2026 Jake Sheppard.png

Dion Conroy - He was on loan from Carlisle, he's interested in staying with us but I don't think its going to happen.  He's a central defender who played quite well during the season.  In 46 matches he had 2 player of the match honors with 3 yellow cards and an average rating of 7.22.  Good luck to him.

annan 2025-2026 Dion Conroy.png

Robbie Deas - Our 26 year cold central defender had a great season.  In 51 matches he had 1 assist with 1 player of the match honor with 1 yellow card for an average rating of 7.30.  Great solid player, I see him staying in his position unless I find someone else with kickass stats.

annan 2025-2026 Robbie Deas.png

Orestis Kiomourtzoglou - Our 28 year old greek midfielder had a great season.  In 50 matches he scored 6 goals with 11 assists, 1 player of the match honors with 2 yellow cards and a red card for an average rating of 7.25.  Hard to say whether he's better as a central midfielder or advanced playmaker role but time will tell as I assume he'll be one of the top 3 midfielders on the team.

annan 2025-2026 Orestis.png

Gavin Dair - Our 26 year old Scottish midfielder had a great season.  In 47 matches he scored 11 goals with 10 assists and 4 player of the match honors with 6 yellow cards for an average rating of 7.30.  He's great and he gets the job done better than most.  Only thing he lacks is some higher stats... time will tell his future.

annan 2025-2026 Gavin Dair.png

Our 3 strikers all got recognized for their greatness...

Leon Kern - Our 29 year old german striker was the creme of the crop.  In 49 matches he scored 39 times with 16 assists with 4 penalties, 5 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.41.  His 36 goals was a season record for us.  He won the Players' Player of the year award.  Won the Football Writers Player of the Year award with O'Hara getting second.  He also won the Premiership Top Goalscorer award.  Hopefully he signs a new contract with us and we get to continue winning.

annan 2025-2026 Kern.pngannan 2025-2026 Kern record.pngannan 2025-2026 Kern Players' Player of the year.pngannan 2025-2026 Kern fw Player of the year.pngannan 2025-2026 Kern top goal scorer.png

Louis Appere - Our 27 year old Scottish Striker did great this season.  In 50 appearance he scored 33 goals with 20 assists, converted 1 penalty with 8 Player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.34.  He holds the assist record with 19 now at the club.  He also holds the club record for most league goals at 55.  His agent has been trying to get us to do a new contract but  wanted to wait till we were financial secured.

annan 2025-2026 Louis Appere.pngannan 2025-2026 Appere new record.pngannan 2025-2026 Appere record league scorer.png

Kevin O'Hara - Our 27 year old striker had a good season.  In 49 matches he scored 23 goals with 22 assists with 3 player of the match honors and 3 yellow cards with an average rating of 7.33.  He broke of the record of assists for our club at 18 in the Premiership and 22 for club is a new record as well.  He was frustrating me for a lot of the season he wasn't a consistent scorer but he's rated higher than the other 2.

annan 2025-2026 Kevin ohara.pngannan 2025-2026 O'hara Record.png

I am the Manager of the year as well as the Scottish Football Writer's Manager of the year who will soon have his Continental A license.

annan 2025-2026 continental A license.pngannan 2025-2026 manager of the year.pngannan 2025-2026 Writers manager of year.png

This was the dream season, we have continental football, doubling our Stadium capacity by the new year.  Now we just need to find some star players.  Perhaps there will be a few World Cup players who'd be interested in coming over after their campaign.  Just have to continue our success which to me means winning the Scottish Cup to win those millions and making a good showing at the Euro Cup. 

Annan Athletic - 2026-2027 Season - Ladbrokes Premiership - Pre-Season

France beats Spain 2-1 to win the 2016 World Cup

annan 2026-2027 world Cup 2026.png

Sadly Scotland fell from 14th to 19th Position in the EUropean Coefficients table so we go from 2 Champions Cup places to 1, and lose 2 Third Qualifying round places in the Euro cup to get 2 First Qualifying round places...

annan 2026-2027 drop in Champions league places.png

Carlisle United got rid of our link since our Reputation is too good for them...

annan 2026-2027 Link terminated.png

Season Expectations... Win 1 round of the euro Cup, make a mid table finish, and make the 5th round of the Scottish Cup.  I think it's doable.

annan 2026-2027 expectations.png

Squad Win Bonuses - All High

annan 2026-2027 squad win bonuses.png

Title Odds - 10th is still a bit low but whatever.

annan 2026-2027 Title odds.png

2 Young players called up for international duty

annan 2026-2027 int duty.png

Preseason Schedule

Betfred Cup - We played Championship side Partick Thistle and beat them 3-2 to get into the Quarterfinals vs. Celtic

Euro Cup - We beat Belgian side Genk home and away by tight margins but didn't sweat it making it to the Euro Cup Playoffs.  But in the Playoffs we played Dutch side Vitesse whom we tied in Scotland but ended up losing 1-0 away to get knocked out.  

League - We only lose 1 league match and we did beat Celtic which to me makes up for it.

annan 2026-2027 schedule.png

Competitions - Premiership we're in 8th place, obviously have a long season ahead

annan 2026-2027 Competitions.png

Transfer Window - We brought in 10 players

Liam Hickey - Young right full back, highly recommended

Ivankovic - Croatian midfielder

Michael Nicholson - Scottish Midfielder

Dean Gallagher - Left Full back highly rated.

Thodoros Psaltis - Young Greek Striker with potential

David Lazar - Old backup keeper

Vangelis Tsetslllas young Greek central defender

Joe Walsh - old Welsh central defender

Stefanos Thymiandis - young greek right back

Samed Yesil - Turkish Striker

annan 2026-2027 xfer window.pngannan 2026-2027 Transfers.png

Finances - Over 6 million in the bank

annan 2026-2027 Finances.png

We definitely kept spending down on purpose.  We signed contract extension to all we wanted too.  We can't sign the quality of player we want too quite yet.  We had an Australian Striker with 6 caps being turned down for a work permit for too few matches.  We got a few gems and wasn't able to sell anyone off which is sad.  We'll see at midseason what we need to push at least 4th place in the league for Continental Soccer and/or win the Scottish Cup.

Annan Athletic - 2026-2027 Season - Ladbrokes Premiership - Winter Transfer Window

Dean Gallagher called up by Northern Ireland!  Our first full international.. I think.

annan 2026-2027 Dean Gallagher N Ireland call up.png

Betfred Cup Review - Celtic won but our match with them was considered the best match of the cup...

annan 2026-2027 Betfred Cup highlights.png

Only a couple hundred more to move up from mid-table finish... not worth moving it.

annan 2026-2027 change of season expectations.png

Stadium Expansion completed we're up to 5,008 seats!

annan 2026-2027 expansion completed.pngannan 2026-2027 Facilities.png

We got an 18 year old greek striker, Thodoros Psaltis.  In 16 matches he scored 5 times with 3 assists, 2 Player of the match honors for an average rating of 6.88.  We got him on a free transfer and Middlesborough wanted him so for $1.3 million we sold him, and the price can go to $2.5 million.

annan 2026-2027 Thodoros Psaltis sold.png

Results - Well we got knocked out of the Betfred Cup thanks to Celtic in the Quarter Finals 2-1.  We advanced to the 5th round of the Scottish Cup thanks to beating St. Johnstone 5-1.  In the League we had only 3 losses to Celtic, Rangers, and Hamilton.  And we're on a match winning streak thanks to our new players.

annan 2026-2027 midterm schedule.png

We're 4th place in the Premiership... 1 off from continental football unless we win the Scottish Cup.

annan 2026-2027 midterm Competitions.png

Winter Transfer - 

First back in September we got a great Scottish Midfielder on a free transfer who is doing well for us, Greg Docherty.

We picked up danish midfielder Mogens Poulsen due to injuries to be our new playmaker... so far so good

We picked up Finnish international Phillip Persson from HJK in Finland.  What's 10k a week among friends??? His salary is expensive but seems worthwhile for now.

Besides Psaltis being sold... Belfour got sold for 25k and Ross got bought by Sydney FC...

annan 2026-2027 midterm xfers.png

Financially we got 3 million in the bank, thankfully we didn't overdo bringing in more players or more expensive players.

annan 2026-2027 midterm Finances.png

With our Stadium expansion it'll be interesting to see if we how filled up our stadium will be.  I doubt we'll get another one this season.  We've been injury plagued to with Orestis and Kern both getting hurt, at one point we had 7 injuries but we dealt with it.  Anything is possible as we have plenty of time to qualify for Continental Competition.  Hopefully the injuries will subside so we can perform at our best.

Annan Athletic - 2026-2027 Season - Ladbrokes Premiership - Season Results

Writers' Manager of the Year & Players' Manager of the Year!

annan 2026-2027 writers manager of the year.pngannan 2026-2027 players manager of the year.png

We got our Continental A license, 1 more to go, and our club hasn't allowed us to get it yet...

annan 2026-2027 coaching license.png

Going into the the Premiership Split we were in third place... When it was over we were in 2nd only thanks to Goal Differential

annan 2026-2027 At Split.pngannan 2026-2027 Post Split.png

The Schedule at the end of the season saw us losing in the league just to Rangers and Celtic.  Scottish Cup Final was lost in an epic 3-2 loss in extra time to Celtic.  However in the match just 6 days earlier we managed to beat Celtic 6-0

annan 2027-2028 EOS 2027.pngannan 2026-2027 6-0 Celtic.pngannan 2026-2027after  6-0 Celtic.png

Euro Cup Tree - In the Finals Stoke City beat Real Madrid 4-2

annan 2026-2027 Euro Cup Tree.png

Scottish Cup Review... we did alright considering

annan 2026-2027 Scottish CUp review.png

Average Attendance 66% Full...

annan 2026-2027 Season review.png

We probably would of won the League if it weren't for the Injuries...

annan 2026-2027 Injuries.png

The Squad - Easily the strongest ever

annan 2026-2027 Squad.png

Cameron Mackay - Our 30 year old keeper had a good season.  In 49 appearances he conceded 64 shots and 14 clean sheets for an average rating of 6.84.  If we find a great young keeper we'll be bringing that keeper in.  It's about time we upgrade the position since we finally have some willing hot, young talent available.

annan 2026-2027 Cameron Mackay.png

Robbie Deas - Our 27 year old Scottish defender is still in the mix slowly though we're going to be able to buy better, but for now he's still in it.  In 49 matches he scored 4 goals with 4 player of the match honors with 2 yellow cards for an average rating of 7.21.  Hard to say if he'll be a starter or backup in the new season

annan 2026-2027 Robbie Deas.png

Orestis Kiomourtzoglou - Our 29 year old greek midfielder had a horrendous year... he was out 5 months due to a knee injury and then broke his ankle...  I think it safe to say that he's not going to be relied upon much anymore and well probably get sold when his contract is close to expiring or he'll be let go on a free.  In 14 matches he scored 5 goals with 1 assist and 3 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.25.  It's a shame he got busted up so bad.

annan 2026-2027 Orestis.png

Michael Nicholson - Our 26 year old midfielder had a great year.  In 35 matches he scored 5 goals with 8 assists, had 5 Player of the match honors with an average rating of 7.25.  He's still getting better and watching him play... he's someone I think we're keeping for awhile.  He's so good he was named the Scottish Players' Player of the Year as well as the Scottish Football Writers' Player of the Year.

annan 2026-2027 Michael Nickolson.pngannan 2026-2027 Nicholson players' player.pngannan 2026-2027 NicholsonFW player of the year.png

Mogens Poulsen - Our 28 year old Danish midfielder is our new playmaker.  In 22 matches he scored 10 times with 5 assists and 3 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.50.  Not sure how long he'll stay as playmaker but for now it seems he's got it going.  He's pretty much not getting much better but he's going to be at least backup for as long as we can convince him.

annan 2026-2027 Mogens Pulsen.png

Philip Persson - Our 22 year old finnish striker did great.  Yes he's expensive at 10k/week but hey he's good.  In 24 matches he scored 17 goals with 10 assists, 1 penalty shot converted, 3 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.30.  He's definitely the model of our future strike force.  I see him leading the team for awhile.

annan 2026-2027 Philip Persson.png

Leon Kern - Our 30 year old german striker was injured for a lot of the season.  In 28 appearances he scored 17 goals with 5 assists, 3 penalties converted with 4 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.16.  He's definitely moved into backup territory at this point doesn't match the type of talent we need to move ahead.

annan 2026-2027 Leon Kern.png

Louis Appere - Our 28 year old Scottish striker had a good year.  In 45 matches he scored 18 goals with 15 assists and 7 player of the match honors for an average rating of 7.13.  He's done well but overall we need some better stats from the players, we need more.  Depending on the talent intake we'll see whether or not he's a starter.

annan 2026-2027 Louis Appere.png

Since we didn't win the Scottish Cup our prize money as well as broadcast Revenue is down... everything else is up.

annan 2027-2028 Commercial Summary.png

Initial Budgets - Wage budget of 115k/w and a transfer budget of 6.55M

annan 2027-2028 Initial Budgets.png

Average Attendance this season was 3,574 thanks to our stadium expansion that finished in January.  That makes the next bit of news all the better!  The board is planning to build a new Stadium.  No details yet but we'll see how thing work themselves out.  I just hope it's named after me.

annan 2027-2028 Average attendance record.pngannan 2026-2027 New Stadium starts planning.png

I think we have to go for a stronger team, our midfielder at least starters are quite strong, our defense can use some stronger players, and its probably time to get a new keeper as well as bringing in at least 2 new uber strikers and maybe we can get closer to winning the league and getting further in the Euro Cup.

Annan Athletic - 2027-2028 Season - Ladbrokes Premiership - Pre-season

The Premiership dropped 4 spots to 21... Annan are up 76 to 262th in the club rankings

annan 2027-2028 PRemiership rank.pngannan 2027-2028Annan Ranked.png

Season Expectations... nothing new really.

annan 2027-2028 season expectations.png

Odds on winning the Premiership are 8th at 350-1.

annan 2027-2028 premiership odds.png

Our 3 primary strikers are most likely to be the top goalscorers in the league

annan 2027-2028 Top Goalscorers odds.png

We're finally upgrading the training facilities

annan 2027-2028 Training facilities upgrade.png

Win Bonuses are high

annan 2027-2028 Win Bonuses.png

Persson is playing as a striker for Finland and Hickey plays for the Irish under 21s

annan 2027-2028 Inter duty 2 players.png

Transfers

Incoming:

Claudio Ramos - 35 year old backup keeper with tons of experience in Spain

Lee Clarkson - good leading scottish central defender... almost good enough for national team

Velimir Anic - 25 year old Croatian Striker, can fill in when others are tired/injured

Ryan Henderson - 25 year old Scottish striker highly regarded and I think he could become national team material

Ray O'Connor - Our young 22 year old keeper who can play for either USA or Ireland.  I think Ireland is going to call him up

Jake Vincent - Stat wise the best player we've had. Former Norwich player was stuck in loan hell... we're going to try him up front at this level.

Outgoing notables

Jake Sheppard - full back who wasn't good enough anymore

Samuel Persson - Our finnish backup fullback who wanted more playing time...

annan 2027-2028 Transfer midterm.png

Results up through transfer time

Preseason we had 2 good teams... German Bundesliga side BMG played us to a tie, and Championship side Reading played us to a 2-2 tie.

In the Betfred Cup we beat Falkirk in extra time, next round its Motherwell.

In the first 5 games of the Premiership season we had just 1 loss to Rangers.

In the Euro Cup 2nd Qualifying round we played Teplice of the Czech First Division and beat them twice 

In the Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying round we played Malmo FF from Sweden and beat them twice 3-1

In the Euro Cup Playoffs we played Vit. Guimaraes of Portugal and knocked them out to make the Euro Cup Group Phase.

In the Euro Cup Group Phase we get AC Milan, Braga, and Swansea.

Rangers are also in and get Bordeaux, Gelsenkirchen, and Rapid Wien...  I think it's an easier group than mine.

annan 2027-2028 Schedule pre season.pngannan 2027-2028 Competition Preseason.pngannan 2027-2028 Euro Cup Group Draw.png

Now we're at the point to see how good are we, can we take the Premiership title and can we win some of our Euro Cup Group Phase matches???

Annan Athletic - 2027-2028 Season - Ladbrokes Premiership - Winter Transfer Window

We had a takeover, received a cash injection, and got a winter transfer budget added!  Plus the new Chairman wanted me to get a new contract and now I make 3k a week on a 3 year contract!

annan 2027-2028 Takeover Complete.pngannan 2027-2028 Injection of funds.pngannan 2027-2028 transfer budget increased.pngannan 2027-2028 new contract.png

Got my Continental Pro License!

annan 2027-2028 continental pro.png

Euro Cup Group Results -  Rangers got last place, we got first place in our group!

annan 2027-2028 Euro Cup group results.png

Change of Season Expectations

annan 2027-2028 Change of Season Expectations.png

Results

We lost too Motherwell 1-0 in the Betfred Cup Quarter Finals.  And Lost to Milan 2-3 at our Euro Cup Home.  Otherwise we did quite well.  We've been in first place in the Premiership for most of the season.  The Scottish cup doesn't look too bad at least for now.

annan 2027-2028 Winter xfer schedule.pngannan 2027-2028 Competitions.png

The Transfers - We headlined the transfer Market

From Hearts we bought a good fullback and a good midfielder to strengthen the team.

We brought in Greek international Orlandis on a free transfer to be our central defender. 

We brought in a German fullback wehmeier and a portuguese defender on free transfers as well.

On the way out we sold our Irish Fullback to Middlesborough for 1.5 million up to 3 million total plus 50% of the profit.

We sold off our greek fullback who wasn't good enough for us but is good enough for the Spanish second division...

annan 2027-2028 Winter xfer.pngannan 2027-2028 transfers.png

We have 11 million in the bank, we're flying high!

annan 2027-2028 Feb Finances.png

We're doing awesome, just have to play it through now.  I'm thinking we can win the Premiership and Scottish Cup...  I'm really curious though how well we can do in the Euro Cup.  We seem to perform better against Euro Cup teams then we do domestically.  I hope with the takeover that we can get our new Stadium built sooner than later.

annan 2027-2028 Hickey Sold.png

Archived