Am I Too Old For FM

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2016 at 14:46, Sturne133 said:

Tongue in cheek but @ 35 am I getting too old to still be playing FM

although I keep coming back each year and keep enjoying the game is there a point that am too old

its like roundtrees fruit gums loved them as a kid and still do.

You sound more like 85 than 35. 

43 and been playing Football Manager and previous version since i was about 10! Prior to Championship Manager, played Football Manager on the Spectrum. Premier Manager series was good too and a little known game "Soccer Supremo" on the Acorn Electron was awesome in the mid eighties. 

Don't get quite as much time these days to play. Long gone are the 2am and 3am finishes. Usually too tired to get past 11pm these days with kids, work, house, wife etc but is still a great escape for me.

I almost always play as Leicester (my team - season ticket holder since 1990) and this year's version is very special to me as Leicester are champions in it. In actual fact it is made the game world more plausable for me as I was always able to win the Prem with Leicester in the game but naturally assumed this was not possible in "real life" so the fact that they did makes the game world even more believable (if you see what I mean).

Less said about this season the better of course.

Archived