Raware

Rawlings 'Son Watch'

McMqHh2.png

Ryan Rawlings (24A)

Profile Overview | Attributes Overview | Information Overview | Career History

GE0jucL.png

Dean Rawlings (25O)

A tough year domestically for both Ryan and Dean this year as Ryan has found himself on the transfer list at Wing Yee since I departed and has struggled to get game time while Dean has had a similar story as he wasn’t getting a game so he made the move to Rangers (HKG) for £13K, where he’s scored 1 goal in 8 league games so far.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/29/2017 at 05:51, kidthekid said:

:( must be tough watching your "sons" struggle

It is a little tough.  The main reason that I turned down the Hangzhou job was because I wouldn't be able to sign one of the two (Ryan), but at least I can still play them for the national team :D.  Depending on how the save goes with Hong Kong at the minute, I could sign them if I go back into club management in the future...obviously not in China though!

5 hours ago, DodgeeD said:

Fantastic start to your new role! Here's to Hong Kong at the next World Cup :)

Thanks @DodgeeD :thup:.  We've put ourselves in a great position to qualify for the World Cup for the first time ever!  We've just got 5 games to make sure that we do! :D

Hong Kong - Pre-Season 2037

av4VJnf.png

Season expectations

World Cup Qualifiers (Asia) : Be competitive

East Asian Cup : Be competitive

My views for the season ahead… : A big year ahead for us as we could make history by qualifying for the World Cup for the first time in Hong Kong’s history!  We’re at the halfway stage of the groups as we sit top of Group A with 5 very tough games remaining and while we are looking on course to at least finish 3rd in the group (which is the most likely outcome), it could all change if we fail to pick up any points in the last 5 games and that 7 point cushion between ourselves and Jordan could disappear quickly!

We’re also involved in the East Asian Cup finals for the first time in Hong Kong’s history after winning the qualifying group last season where we’ll meet China, Japan and South Korea.

Hong Kong - Season Review 2037

av4VJnf.png

2037 fixtures

World Cup Qualifiers (Asia) Final Stage Group A/ World Cup Qualifiers (Asia) Final Stage Group A fixtures : We had 5 games to secure our place at next years World Cup in the USA and while it wasn’t pretty at times, we managed to grind out 4 draws and a win in those 5 games to finish 2nd in the group behind Japan and qualify automatically for the Word Cup!  We’re on our way to the U.S of A!

East Asian Cup Group/ East Asian Cup fixtures : Another first for Hong Kong football as we appeared in the East Asian Cup for the first time, as again, it wasn’t pretty at times but we managed to grind out 2 draws and a win to finish as runners-up in the East Asian Cup!  The rules state that if the teams finish level on points at the end of the group, the winner is decided by goal difference, goals scored and then results against each other.  We obviously matched South Korea’s record and the result between us and them was a draw so the winner of the cup was apparently chosen at random…and South Korea got the luck of the draw as they were chosen by the flip of a coin!  While I’ve got to be happy with how we did in the competition, I can’t help feel like we were cheated out of the cup though :mad:

My views of the season… : Another fantastic season for us as we qualified for the World Cup for the first time in Hong Kong’s history while we also narrowly missed out on claiming the East Asian Cup purely because of bad luck!  While it’s difficult to lose a competition that way, I still have to be happy with how we did overall as nobody expected us to win a game, never mind actually challenging for the competition.

The squad of players did well this year as Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) finished the season as our top goal scorer again as he scored 5 goals in 13 appearances which takes his record to 51 goals in 94 caps for Hong Kong as he becomes the record goal scorer for the country, while my ‘son’ Dean Rawlings (25O) finally found the net for Hong Kong as he scored 3 goals in 4 games, taking his record to 3 goals in 11 appearances.  Cassio (31M) and Lai Ka Lok (33H) both had decent seasons too both domestically and internationally as they both continue to lead the way for Hong Kong footballers reputations on the continent.

Our World Ranking took a bit of a dip as we dropped from being ranked 28th in the world, to being ranked 49th in the world now.

My aims for next season… : With ourselves involved in the World Cup next year in the USA, the draw for the Group Stages was made as we find ourselves in a very difficult group alongside Argentina, Belgium and t’Egypt…oh well, it was good to make it this far!

Career Summary

Season     Team          League/Competition        Position     Community  	Senior 	   	League	    	FA 	        Asian 	       	    Asian         HK SH Club  
							      	Cup	    	Shield          Cup	       	Cup		Champions League    Conf. Cup     Championship 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Wing Yee    	 HK Premier League     	     5th        -	        -		-		Semi Final      -  	       	    -	          -	
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd  	Winners	  	Winners	   	Semi Final      Semi Final	East Playoff	    -	          -	
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd	Runners-up      Semi Final      Semi Final      Winners	    	Group stage	    -	          -	
2020/21    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	East Playoff        -	          -	
2021/22    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Winners	    	Semi Final	Group stage 	    -	   	   Runners-up
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Winners	    	Quarter Final   East Playoff	    -	           Runners-up
2023/24	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd	Runners-up	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	East Playoff        Winners        Runners-up
2024/25	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	  	     -	            Winners	   -	
2025/26	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League           1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Winners	    	Quarter Final   Group stage	    Winners	   Runners-up
2026/27	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	1st round	Winners	    	Winners	    	Group stage	    -		   Runners-up 
2027/28	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Semi Final      Winners	    	Group stage	    -		   Runners-up  
2028/29	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	Group stage	    -	           Runners-up 
2029/30	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Semi Final	2nd round	    -		   Winners	
2030/31	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	1st round	Semi Final      Winners	    	Quarter Final	    -		   Winners	
2031/32	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Runners-up	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners 	East Playoff	    Winners	   Runners-up
2032/33	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	Winners		    -		   Runners-up
2033/34	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd	Winners         Quarter Final   Runners-up      Winners	    	2nd round	    -		   Runners-up
2034/35	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners         Winners	   	Winners	   	Quarter Final   2nd round	    -	           -  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season	   Team		 			   		World Cup Qualifying		World Cup			East Asian Cup Qualifying	   East Asian Cup
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2035	   Hong Kong	 			     		-				-         			-				   -
2036	   Hong Kong	 			     		Qualified for Final stages	-				Qualified			   -
2037	   Hong Kong				     		Qualified for World Cup		-				-				   Runners-up

Trophy Cabinet

Hong Kong Premier League			-	x 13
Hong Kong Premier League Playoff		-	x 5
Hong Kong Community Cup				-	x 14
Hong Kong Senior Shield				-	x 9
Hong Kong FA Cup				-	x 11
Hong Kong League Cup				-	x 12
Asian Champions League				- 	x 1
Asian Confederation Cup				-	x 4
Hong Kong Shanghai Interport Club Championship 	-	x 2

9 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Fantastic progress in qualifying for the world cup.

Thanks @kidthekid :thup:.  We'll probably get hammered when we're there but for us to actually make it to the World Cup in the first place is an achievement in itself!

Rawlings 'Son Watch'

McMqHh2.png

Ryan Rawlings (24A)

GE0jucL.png

Dean Rawlings (25O)

Another difficult season for Ryan and Dean as Ryan still finds himself on the transfer list with his contract entering the final 6 months as Wing Yee while Dean has found goals difficult to come by at Rangers (HKG), although he has finally scored at international level as he scored 3 times for Hong Kong over the season.

Hong Kong - Pre-Season 2038

av4VJnf.png

Season expectations

World Cup : Not expected to get beyond the group stage

My views for the season ahead… : A historic year ahead waits for us as we’ll be appearing in the World Cup for the country’s very first time as we make the trip to the 2038 World Cup in the USA.  We’ve been given a tough draw as we’re in Group D alongside Argentina, Belgium and Egypt and given the odds that we’ve been given, as well as the teams that we’ll be facing, I’ll be happy if we can keep the scores respectable.

We’ve got a few friendlies lined up before the World Cup too which will allow me to assess the players before I have to decide on my final World Cup squad.

Hong Kong - Season Review 2038

av4VJnf.png

2038 fixtures

World Cup Group D/ World Cup Group D fixtures : We were always facing an uphill challenge in the World Cup and to even qualify for the competition was an amazing achievement so I’m delighted with how we performed over the group games.  The FA, the media and myself didn’t expect us to get any further than the group stage and I was very happy with how we performed overall as we even picked up a point thanks to a draw with Egypt. 

My views of the season… : A good season for us despite us not winning a game at the World Cup and returning home after just 3 games.  I’d like to think that the players returned home as heroes as they’ve set the bar now for what is expected of them over the next few years…even if it maybe a high bar! 

Cassio (31M) and Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) had good seasons as they scored our goals in the World Cup while Lai Ka Lok (33H) had another great season as his reputation continues to grow as he picked up his 50th cap while also claiming the Asian Young Player of the Year award!  Definitely my best youth product on any FM :D

Our World Ranking stayed pretty much around where it was 12 months ago as we fell a couple of places as we’re now ranked 51st in the world.

My aims for next season… : The draw for the Asian Cup will made in the next few weeks so we’ll be switching our attentions to that.  There’s some big nations involved but I’ll be looking for us to at least make it out of the group stages.

We’ve also got the East Asian Cup next year sometime in the summer, where once again we’ll be involved in the group alongside China, South Korea and Japan.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League		           Position	Competitions won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      5th	-
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	Community Cup, Senior Shield
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	FA Cup
2020/21	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup
2021/22	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup 
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup
2023/24	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2024/25	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2025/26	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2026/27	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup, FA Cup
2027/28	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, FA Cup
2028/29	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup, Senior Shield, FA Cup
2029/30	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, HK SH Club Championship
2030/31	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, FA Cup, HK SH Club Championship
2031/32	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2032/33	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Champions League
2033/34	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	Community Cup, FA Cup
2034/35	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup
2035	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2036	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2037	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2038	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-

Trophy Cabinet

Hong Kong Premier League			-	x 13
Hong Kong Community Cup				-	x 14
Hong Kong Senior Shield				-	x 9
Hong Kong FA Cup				-	x 11
Hong Kong League Cup				-	x 12
Asian Champions League				- 	x 1
Asian Confederation Cup				-	x 4
Hong Kong Shanghai Interport Club Championship 	-	x 2

Rawlings 'Son Watch'

McMqHh2.png

Ryan Rawlings (24A)

GE0jucL.png

Dean Rawlings (25O)

Both Ryan and Dean endured a difficult end to the year domestically as both were released from their respective clubs.  They’re both currently without a club and at this moment, there doesn’t seem to be any clubs interested in securing their services.  Hopefully they can both get new clubs soon as I’d hate for them to retire early :(

On 8/4/2017 at 08:03, Dexter_Morgan said:

Sad to see your sons fade away in the game, are you regretting not staying at Wing Yee now? 

I am...and I'm not...I obviously wanted to stay at Wing Yee to see out my 'sons' careers but the save felt as if it was going stale after there wasn't much more for me to do at Wing Yee.  Plus with the issue of the season ticket bug, that prevented the club from really growing, so in the end I think I made the right decision.  Besides, as Hong Kong manager, it still allows me to play them :D

First of all great job getting the national team manager! You did much better than all people in the city would imagine :applause: Lai Ka Lok seems ridiculously good, I cannot believe a) he is a Hongkonger, b) you developed him :lol:

For the Hangzhou job, a little piece of advice as I went to SIPG after success in South China. The riches always buy world class foreigners (sometimes they "overbuy" and stock the unwanted ones in reserves), while the poor couldn't really achieve continental football because of the difference in strength. The default youth rating (which defines in general how good the regens are) is fairly low, so it may require a big jump for you to progress especially you play youth only football. There are some serious bugs involving the transfer window, but as you wouldn't touch them it should be OK. Wherever you go, good luck! 

19 hours ago, a.panda said:

First of all great job getting the national team manager! You did much better than all people in the city would imagine :applause: Lai Ka Lok seems ridiculously good, I cannot believe a) he is a Hongkonger, b) you developed him :lol:

For the Hangzhou job, a little piece of advice as I went to SIPG after success in South China. The riches always buy world class foreigners (sometimes they "overbuy" and stock the unwanted ones in reserves), while the poor couldn't really achieve continental football because of the difference in strength. The default youth rating (which defines in general how good the regens are) is fairly low, so it may require a big jump for you to progress especially you play youth only football. There are some serious bugs involving the transfer window, but as you wouldn't touch them it should be OK. Wherever you go, good luck! 

Thanks @a.panda :thup:.  I did even better than I expected with Hong Kong!  I can't believe how good Lai Ka Lok has become especially with how basic Wing Yee's youth facilities were!  He's developed really well and the £1 million that I got for him when he went to Rubin seems a little cheap now! :D  He's by far the best regen/newgen that I've ever developed in any FM and it seems a little ironic that he was developed at a club like WIng Yee, in a country like Hong Kong!

Thanks for the advice with Chinese football.  There's a lot of good teams in the Chinese Super League and there's some very good players but it's definitely a challenge to overturn those big teams with just a youth only policy and that is a challenge that interests me.

Now...do I stay at Hong Kong...or do I take up the challenge at Hangzhou at the second time of asking?

6 hours ago, kidthekid said:

it's a tough one. You wouldn't have any control of your sons anyymore, and they may retire

:thup:

This is my dilemma.  At the minute, I have no control as to whether they retire or not as I'm not a club manager and they could retire if they continue to have no club.  Plus there's a few other players as well as my sons that don't have clubs at the minute (Tang Chi Him (30J), Chung King Yuen (30L) and Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) and they could also retire.  If they do retire, it's a big loss for the national side and looking at the current crop of Hong Kong players, there's not a lot of talent coming through.  This could be a case of leaving on a high before things turn for the worse...

1 hour ago, Raware said:

looking at the current crop of Hong Kong players, there's not a lot of talent coming through.

Sad but have to agree on this.  Once you left Wing Yee you lose your ability to selectively pick the best of the crop; and given the huge bias towards Wing Yee youth academy I would suggest the other clubs have not done enough to reach the same level. Both are pretty much end game for the strong national status... 

Maybe it's time for you to pursue new grounds, get a Chinese wife (?) and bring some Chinese nationality kids into the game!

57 minutes ago, a.panda said:

Sad but have to agree on this.  Once you left Wing Yee you lose your ability to selectively pick the best of the crop; and given the huge bias towards Wing Yee youth academy I would suggest the other clubs have not done enough to reach the same level. Both are pretty much end game for the strong national status... 

Maybe it's time for you to pursue new grounds, get a Chinese wife (?) and bring some Chinese nationality kids into the game!

That is the case I think.  The likes of Kitchee and South China haven't really developed a lot of Hong Kong talent in recent years meaning that the national pool to choose from has been getting less and less, meaning that my job as national manager will become more and more difficult in the coming years.

I think the decision about Hangzhou is a little easier to make this time around...

dxIJG7K.png

…Now felt the right time to leave Hong Kong after 4 successful years that saw us finish as runners up in the East Asian Cup and appear in the World Cup for the very first time in the nations history!  I’ve probably taken the national team as far as they can go and ever thought of going, and with some players that were the nucleus of my squad - Ryan Rawlings (24A), Tang Chi Him (30J), Li Chi Keung (29M), Dean Rawlings (25O) and record goal scorer Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) - all without clubs and seemingly looking like they’ll retire soon, I’m not sure that I’ll ever have the quality of players to choose from to repeat what we’ve achieved in the past 4 years.

I leave Hong Kong as I did Wing Yee…in a better place than when I arrived as I leave them ranked 41st in the world…61 places higher than when I joined them in 2035 when they were 102nd.

Congratulations. Another thing that may have gone against you in Hong Kong (although you still won a champions league) is that there is a youth recruitment bug in FM 17, whereby in some countries, the human manager can't really upgrade their youth recruitment after a certain point, whereas other worse teams in the league can.

58 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

Congratulations. Another thing that may have gone against you in Hong Kong (although you still won a champions league) is that there is a youth recruitment bug in FM 17, whereby in some countries, the human manager can't really upgrade their youth recruitment after a certain point, whereas other worse teams in the league can.

I didn't realise that there was a youth recruitment bug.  Is this in Hong Kong or other countries on FM?  @a.panda told me about the season ticket bug that prevented teams from selling season tickets and that did affect me at Wing Yee as the club couldn't really grow which did mean that the club couldn't generate enough money to really progress.

59 minutes ago, Raware said:

I didn't realise that there was a youth recruitment bug.  Is this in Hong Kong or other countries on FM?  @a.panda told me about the season ticket bug that prevented teams from selling season tickets and that did affect me at Wing Yee as the club couldn't really grow which did mean that the club couldn't generate enough money to really progress.

It seems to be a problem in countries that are not football power houses. This thread

basically goes through it. Basically, someone in San Marino couldn't upgrade youth recruitment but turns out other teams in the league could, even though he was dominant. Someone else in Faeroe Island faced the same thing. After people offered potential reasons why, it turned out their reasons were not really valid. It became clear it was an FM problem.

pFfufnM.png

Hangzhou Lucheng : A background

Founded in 1998, Hangzhou Lucheng are a professional Chinese football club currently playing in the Chinese First Division.  Hangzhou suffered relegation from the Super League last season and will need to adjust to life in the First Division.

The club play their home games at Huanglong Sports Centre and possess average training facilities and average youth facilities.  The clubs training ground is Zhongtai Football Training Base.  The Hangzhou reserve team play at Zhongtai Football Training Base.  The club also has good junior coaching and an established youth recruitment network.

Although Hangzhou are enduring a thirteen year barren spell, having not won a competition since 2026, the club still have a history of which they can be justly proud.  Hangzhou won the Chinese 2nd tier for the only time in 2026 and finished runners up once.

1f2eUI9.png

Huanglong Sports Centre

All the best In Hangzhou! It is said to be one of the most beautiful places in China, this is the scenery that greets you:

west-lake-788.jpg

Lots of ancient buildings alongside lakes and waterways, as well as some modern modern eyesores :D

Are you going to keep the foreigners in the squad until they retire, or just let them leave post contract? This should be an interesting dilemma for you.

10 hours ago, a.panda said:

All the best In Hangzhou! It is said to be one of the most beautiful places in China, this is the scenery that greets you:

west-lake-788.jpg

Lots of ancient buildings alongside lakes and waterways, as well as some modern modern eyesores :D

Are you going to keep the foreigners in the squad until they retire, or just let them leave post contract? This should be an interesting dilemma for you.

It was one of the places that I wanted to visit when I lived over there but I never got around to visiting .  Although, Beijing (and the wall of course) is probably one of most beautiful places I've seen (along with a lot of other places in Asia!)

I'll keep the squad as it currently is and try to keep as many of the existing players as possible as I do have a good squad that is probably one of the strongest in the First Division.  I will though, of course, try and introduce some youth products over time, if they're good enough!

Hangzhou - Pre-Season 2039

pFfufnM.png

League expectation

Chinese National First Division : Board expectation - Win the league : Media expectation - 1st (out of 20)

Cup expectations

Chinese FA Cup : Be competitive

Transfer budget : £90k

Wage budget : £31.5k p/w

Current wage bill : £31k p/w

Season tickets sold : 8531

My views for the season ahead… : I join Hangzhou after rejecting a move there over 5 years ago as they still find themselves in a similar position as they were back then.  The club is currently in the Chinese First Division after suffering relegation from the Chinese Super League last season and are favourites to bounce straight back up at the first time of asking which could go either two ways for me as the new manager - 1) we do have a decent squad which should be able to achieve the boards expectation of promotion or 2) there is a lot of pressure immediately on me to succeed which if we don’t, could cost me my job.

As I said, the squad of players should be good enough to at least challenge for promotion and the reserves and under 19’s look as if they have some quality in it too which is going to be vital for us, especially as I’ll be carrying on the save playing alongside the youth only rules again.  I will be making one slight change though and that will be to allow myself to sign former players (this is mainly so I’ll be able to sign my son Dean Rawlings (25O) and a couple of my other youth products from Wing Yee if they're available).

Having taken a quick look at the squad, Ronaldo Schmude looks like he’s our best player as he’s on a season long loan from Brazilian side JOI while Chen Lei and Dou Keda also look like they could be key players for us.  Wang Zhenwei and Thomas Yibokou look like the brightest prospects in the reserves and they probably will feature in the first team over the coming year as we won’t be able to sign any players, other than previous youth players from my academy at Wing Yee.

On 8/9/2017 at 19:42, Dexter_Morgan said:

It's a shame so many bugs tend to ruin lower ranked nations :( Hopefully you should be able to keep going in China, best of luck :)

Yeah, I never realised how many lower ranked leagues the bugs affect.  Luckily, they've not been game breaking for me and hopefully now that I'm in a higher ranked league, I shouldn't experience any major bugs with this save.

Hangzhou - Youth Intake 2039

pFfufnM.png

My first youth intake at Hangzhou saw a decent intake as I offered contracts to Liu Shenchao (39D), Mu Hengli (39I) and Tang Guolu (39N), with them all looking as if they could have a bright future in the next few years.  I also offered a contract to Liu Ping (39A), while the remaining 12 players were released from the club.

On 8/10/2017 at 21:36, a.panda said:

Hope you have more luck in tutoring the kids. I hate seeing casual or unambitious chaps (in game and IRL :D)

On 8/11/2017 at 10:22, noikeee said:

Wow, taking Hong Kong to the WC was brilliant. Best of luck in China now.

Thanks fellas.  It'll be more of a challenge in China against the bigger clubs of Asia with just my youth players!

Hangzhou - Season Review 2039

pFfufnM.png

Chinese First Division/Chinese First Division progress/Chinese First Division fixtures : We were hot favourites to win the league after the club were relegated from the Chinese Super League last season, as both the media and the board were expecting us to win promotion this season.  We lived up to that expectation as we comfortably won the league by 17 points as we make an immediate return to the top flight of Chinese football.

Chinese FA Cup : Despite the fact that the winners of the FA Cup qualify for next seasons Asian Champions League Group stage, the bigger clubs in China didn’t seem to value the competition as a lot of them fielded weakened teams for whatever reasons.  Not that I’m complaining, as we took full advantage of this as we beat Super League teams Changchun, Guangzhou, Quanjian and Shandong along the way to reaching the final.  It seemed that our rivals in the First Division, Liaoning also took advantage as they disposed of a few Super League teams too to meet us in an all First Division FA Cup final!  We proved to be too strong for Liaoning as we beat them over the two legs to claim the FA Cup for the clubs and my first time, guaranteeing our place in next seasons Asian Champions League!

Squad : A fantastic season for us saw Yu Peng stand out as our best player as he smashed in 43 goals in 46 games while also collecting the Chinese First Division Player of the Year award and the Chinese First Division top goal scorer award!  His strike partner Lin Xiao also had a fine season as he scored 26 goals in 38 games while Wang Jingwei also had a great season as he picked up the Chinese First Division Goalkeeper of the Year award.

Reserves/Under 19’s : A steady season for both the reserves and the under 19’s as a few players look as if they may be ready for some first team football next season, in particularly Liu Shenchao (39D)

Transfers : Ronaldo Schmude and Thomas Yibokou joined the club before I arrived while I unbiasedly signed my son Dean Rawlings (25O) on a free transfer :D after he spent a little while as a free agent.  Out the door saw a couple of players disappointingly leave as Song Zhongqing and Wu Jizu left for Yanbian after my chairman accepted both offers on my behalf, which I wasn’t too happy about :mad:

Finances : We did make a loss this season but that was because of the planned improvements to our youth facilities which I’m very happy about.

My views of the season… : An excellent season for us as we achieved what was expected of us in the league while we also claimed an unexpected victory in the FA Cup.  The squad looked a cut above the rest in the First Division and I’m left wondering how they were actually relegated from the Super League last season.  Yu Peng in particularly stood out for us as he smashed in an incredible 43 goals in 46 games while Lin Xiao also had a fantastic season as he scored 26 goals in 38 games!

My aims for next season… : Avoiding relegation is the obvious aim but I’m not sure that we have to worry about that as the squad of players do look as if they belong in the Super League.  We’ve got the FA Cup to defend which will be a tough ask and we’re also in the Asian Champions League after qualifying for it through winning the FA Cup.  With 3 competitions to compete in though and knowing how the ACL can effect your players throughout the season via tiredness, etc, we may have to sacrifice one competition to make sure that our league form doesn’t suffer as we don’t have a big squad and relegation can’t even be contemplated.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League		           Position	Competitions won
2017/18	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      5th	-
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	Community Cup, Senior Shield
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	FA Cup
2020/21	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup
2021/22	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup 
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup
2023/24	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2024/25	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2025/26	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2026/27	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup, FA Cup
2027/28	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, FA Cup
2028/29	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, League Cup, Senior Shield, FA Cup
2029/30	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, HK SH Club Championship
2030/31	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, FA Cup, HK SH Club Championship
2031/32	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Confederation Cup
2032/33	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup, FA Cup, Asian Champions League
2033/34	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      2nd	Community Cup, FA Cup
2034/35	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	      1st	HK Premier League, Community Cup, Senior Shield, League Cup
2035	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2036	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2037	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2038	   Hong Kong	 -			       -	-
2039	   Hangzhou	 Chinese First Division	      1st	Chinese First Division, FA Cup

Trophy Cabinet

Chinese First Division				-	x 1	(Hangzhou)
Chinese FA Cup					-	x 1	(Hangzhou)
Hong Kong Premier League			-	x 13	(Wing Yee)
Hong Kong Community Cup				-	x 14	(Wing Yee)
Hong Kong Senior Shield				-	x 9	(Wing Yee)
Hong Kong League Cup				-	x 12	(Wing Yee)
Hong Kong FA Cup				-	x 11	(Wing Yee)
Asian Champions League				- 	x 1	(Wing Yee)
Asian Confederation Cup				-	x 4	(Wing Yee)
Hong Kong Shanghai Interport Club Championship 	-	x 2	(Wing Yee)

On 8/16/2017 at 20:57, Dexter_Morgan said:

Having ACL and a place back in the top flight is a brilliant season for you mate, well done :) 

On 8/17/2017 at 10:10, Jason the Yank said:

Nice start on the mainland. :D

Thanks guys :thup:.  We were massive favourites to win the league when I arrived so it was no real shock that we gained promotion so easily.  Looking at the squad since I've arrived at Hangzhou though, it's difficult to see why they were relegated as they do have a good squad.  Should be an interesting season in the Super League.

Rawlings 'Son Watch'

McMqHh2.png

Ryan Rawlings (24A)

Profile Overview | Attributes Overview | Information Overview | Career Stats

GE0jucL.png

Dean Rawlings (25O)

Profile Overview | Attributes Overview | Information Overview | Coach Report ] | Career Stats

Another difficult season for both of my sons as while I obviously couldn’t see Dean remain a free agent, he just isn’t good enough for this level so he spent most of the season in the reserves.

As for Ryan, he remained a free agent and as the season went on and with no club interested in his services, he decided to retire :(.

yWfUsXo.png

A sad day for me as he was my first ever son on FM as he retires at the age of 30 after making 214 club appearances, winning 53 caps for Hong Kong at international level and winning a multitude of competitions during that time.

On 8/21/2017 at 01:25, noikeee said:

On one hand, yeah, retiring at 30 is a bit early. On the other hand, he's won 84 competitions. Think that's enough for a career. :D

20 hours ago, kidthekid said:

wow 84 competitions. Yikes

I suppose he can look back on his career with some pride at what he achieved.  Just a shame that he retired so early and it looks as if he won't be going into any kind of management/coaching in the game :(, so I guess that's it for him.  I hope Dean carries on for a while longer...

Hangzhou - Pre-Season 2040

pFfufnM.png

League expectation

Chinese Super League : Board expectation - Mid table : Media expectation - 14th (out of 18)

Cup expectations

Chinese FA Cup : Be competitive

Asian Champions League : Not important

Transfer budget : £0k

Wage budget : £59k p/w

Current wage bill : £52.2k p/w

Season tickets sold : 9781 ((+1250 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : After last seasons promotion back to the Super League, the board and the media are expecting us to avoid a relegation battle and to finish mid table.  I think this is a more than reasonable expectation and one that we should be able to achieve with no problems.  The squad of players proved last season that they’re more than capable of competing with Super League teams and with the addition of Ronaldo Schmude who joins us permanently (as part of the loan deal before I arrived), along with the likes of Yu Peng and Dou Keda in the squad, we should have a decent season.

There’s no expectation for us to repeat our feat of winning the FA Cup this season and we’ll also be appearing in the Asian Champions League where we’ve been drawn in Group G alongside Melbourne City, Saitama UTD and Seoul.

Some off field new for us in pre season as well as the chairman decided to go back on his word by scrapping plans to improve the youth facilities before deciding to do one as he sold the club to a new chairman.  Hopefully this new chairman sticks to his word.

Archived