"Wing"ing it in Asia...

Raware

Facilities and Reputation

RlfPCRg.png

Finances and value of club

amA1Hx6.png

100+ appearances

Player				Appearances	Goals	Conceded	Season from - to	
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wong Ho Man (19N)		236		169	-		2018 - present
Lo Wai Chung (18I)		221		29	-		2017 - 2030
Siu Ka Kit			181		9	-		2017 - 2028
Ryan Rawlings (24A)		172		0	161		2023 - present
Kan Tsz Him			156		33	-		2017 - 2026
Lam Chun Yin (23D)		156		4	-		2022 - present
Cheng Ming Fung (18P)		149		77	-		2017 - 2028
Lee Chi Ming (20F)		149		1	-		2019 - 2031
Lee Kwok Kei			140		1	-		2017 - 2025
Ip Siu Ki (23L)			136		38	-		2022 - present
Lai Ho Yin			133		20	-		2017 - 2028
Adam Tse			131		57	-		2017 - 2024
Lee Yiu Chung (18E)		123		3	-		2017 - 2031
Dean Rawlings (25O)		110		39			2024 - present
Tong Chun Fai			107		10	-		2017 - 2024
Tsang Siu Hong (19E)		107		2	-		2018 - 2025

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Must be hard being Dean.  Only one cap and even that was out of sympathy.  Forever living in Golden Boy Ryan's shadow.  Dean also knows you love Ryan more.  :D

Ha ha...:D  'I love both of my boys equally'.  That's the diplomatic answer right? :D  Besides, Dean will argue that it's easier to be a goalkeeper as you get to use your hands, it's harder to stick the ball in the net.  Also, as I often say in the riveting post match press conferences..."Strikers shouldn't be judged on their goals.  I'm happy with his performances" :D.  That doesn't sound too biased does it?

Wing Yee - Pre-Season 2033/34

C2Pr8AR.png

League expectation

Hong Kong Premier League : Board expectation - Win the league  : Media expectation - 1st (out of 11)

Cup expectations

Hong Kong Community Cup : Not important

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Not important

Hong Kong League Cup : Not important

Hong Kong FA Cup : Not important

Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship : Not important

Asian Champions League : Not important

Transfer budget : £55k (last season £55k)

Wage budget : £21.6k p/w (last season £16.5k)

Current wage bill : £15.1k p/w (last season £12.6k)

Season tickets sold : 0 (+0 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : As expected, we’ve been installed as favourites to win the league while the board are expecting us win the league too.  Also, as expected, they don’t view any of the domestic cups as important while they also don’t view the Champions League as important…however, we’ve made it to the Quarter Final and have a real chance of progressing even further as there’s no real stand out team left in the competition that we should fear. 

Some bad news that we received during the summer though was the news that Wong Ho Man (19N) wanted to leave the club in search of a new challenge.  After 236 league appearances and 169 league goals (over 300 goals in all competitions) for us, who am I to stand in his way after helping us achieve so much.  It won’t be the same without him :(.

Wing Yee - Asian Champions League - The road to glory - 2033/34

C2Pr8AR.png

DEqEkh3.png

I usually just stick to the pre-season, youth intake and end of season updates but as you can tell from the title of this update, the ‘Asian Champions League - The road to glory’, this update is here because of our journey in the Asian Champions League…and for another reason too, which I’ll mention later…

As mentioned in the previous updates, we made it to the Quarter Finals at the end of last season where we were drawn against Adelaide United.

Asian Champions League Quarter Final 1st leg : The 1st leg saw us travel to the Hindmarsh Stadium in Adelaide where nobody gave us a chance, not even me as we struggled against them in the group stages.  But despite being the underdogs, we managed to score an away goal and hold the Australians to a draw to give us a great chance in the 2nd leg.

Asian Champions League Quarter Final 2nd leg : We came into the 2nd leg knowing that all we needed was to stop Adelaide United from scoring and we’d be through to the Semi Finals.  We set up with a game plan of packing the midfield to stop their ability of creating opportunities while playing deep and on the counter attack with the hope of hitting them on the break.  The plan worked perfectly as we nullified any creativity from them as they just couldn’t find the space while Chan Ho Man raced clear in the 62nd minute as they pressed, to catch them off guard as he coolly slotted home what turned out to be the winning goal that put us through to the Semi Final :eek:

Asian Champions League Semi Final 1st leg : We met South Korean side Suwon in the Semi Final who were probably the weakest South Korean side that we’ve faced over the years but still, we were considered the underdogs in the fixture.  With this in mind and the fact that they do have quality in their team that have the ability to punish us, I opted to use the same tactics and game plan that we did in the Quarter Final against Adelaide United.  With just one up front, chances were going to be difficult to come by and that proved to be the case as we created just one chance throughout the 90 minutes but more importantly, we stopped Suwon from scoring and getting that important away goal which gave us a fighting chance in the 2nd leg.

Asian Champions League Semi Final 2nd leg : The 2nd leg saw us travel to the Big Bird Stadium knowing the mammoth task ahead of us but the financially mammoth reward if we won.  With the weight of victory on everyone’s mind, probably more so on the Suwon players as they were massive favourites, I stuck with what worked so well for us up to this point as we sat deep for much of the game, in the hope of snatching a goal on the break.  That goal didn’t arrive but it didn’t arrive for the hosts either as we held them to a goalless draw after 120 minutes meaning that the game would go to penalties to decide who would progress to the final.  Thankfully for us, despite missing two penalties, Fan Wing Chung (29K) held his nerve to put us, unbelievably, into the Asian Champions League final!

Asian Champions League Final 1st leg : Unusually, the final consisted of two legs which I was unaware of and a little disappointed with as I held some hope of us being able to out perform our opponents in a one off game but not over two legs.  I was given a little more hope though when I saw our opponents in the final as Al-Ain surprisingly beat the favourites Al-Ahli (KSA), who have won the Champions League 6 times since the start of this save, in the other Semi Final.  I was under no illusion though of the huge task that faced us as Al-Ain, although nowhere near as strong as Al-Ahli (KSA), were still a very good side and with that in mind, again, I opted for us to sit deep and use the system that has worked for us so well.  Al-Ain battered us all game as we couldn’t even muster a shot on target but with our opponents reduced to 9 men in the first half, I grew in confidence that we might actually be able to pull this off!  We tried to push on in the second half but we couldn’t break the deadlock against our 9 men opponents as the game finished 0-0 with everything to play for in the 2nd leg.

Asian Champions League Final 2nd leg : If the 1st leg was tentative and nervy, the 2nd leg proved to be anything but that as Al-Ain raced into a 3 goal lead after just 18 minutes!  An awful start to the game for us saw us change tactics as the tight, defensively minded setup that had worked so well didn’t work at all so I put two up front and chose to play more attacking.  It proved to be one of the best managerial decisions that I’ve ever made as we pulled back from 3-0 down to go on and win 4-3 as we had 4 shots on goal and scored all 4 in what has to be one of my most memorable games on FM!

A quite unreal achievement especially as we’re a small Hong Kong club and the whole team are a product of my youth system!

Wing Yee - Club World Championship - 2033/34

C2Pr8AR.png

ErGxU3r.png

No sooner had we finished celebrating our unbelievable achievement in the Asian Champions League, we were thrust into action again as we made the journey to India where the Club World Championship was being held this year. 

Club World Championship Quarter Final : We were drawn against ES Sahel in the Quarter Final in which I fancied our chances.  Those chances didn’t seem great though after 41 minutes as the Tunisian side raced into a 2-0 lead.  Some choice words were said at half time as the players came out in the 2nd half and responded well as they quickly pulled 2 goals back before ES Sahel grabbed another just 3 minutes after we restored parity.  Yu Ka Wai(28P) popped up on 75 minutes though to once again draw us level as the game went to penalties.  Amazingly, the penalties went to 8-8 as nobody missed before Mohamed Salah Jemal missed his spot kick for ES Sahel as it was left to Yu Hoi Chun(27C) to net the winning penalty and put us into the Semi Final!

Club World Championship Semi Final : We faced Manchester City in the Semi Final where, if I’m honest, I just wanted to keep the score respectable.  We managed to at least have a shot on target as Man City absolutely battered us as they had 39 shots in total so I was pleased to keep the score to just 2-0.

Club World Championship 3rd place playoff : After our defeat against Man City in the Semi Final, we met Mexican side America (MEX) in the 3rd place playoff where again, I was just wanting to keep the score respectable against such a strong side.  The result wasn’t the important thing in this match; the prize money was as the winners received £3.84 million while the losers received 2.84 million.  Needless to say, we lost but I didn’t care…we just won £2.84 million!  Not a huge amount of money in today’s football but for a tiny club like us, it’s a massive amount!

…This is where I move onto the other reason I mentioned earlier.  With this new found ‘wealth’ that we have, I obviously made a request to the board to improve the youth facilities and the training facilities as the training facilities are poor and haven’t been upgraded since I’ve been at the club and the youth facilities are poor and have been upgraded just once since I’ve been at the club.  They rejected the requests.  Couple this with the facts that I have nothing left to win in Hong Kong as we’ve won it all, we’ll probably never win the Asian Champions League again (this year was a massive fluke really) and a job offer from Hangzhou Lucheng in the Chinese First Division, it’s making me think if now is the time to move on?  Leave on a high?

Hangzhou would present a new challenge as they themselves have struggled in the past few years, suffering relegation from the Chinese Super League in 2027 and then another relegation from the Chinese First Division a year later in 2028.  They’re back in the Chinese First Division now and have been for the past 4 years.  They’re a big club who have suffered but it’d be a good chance to start a new youth challenge with fresh enthusiasm and a board that would probably back me.  Not to mention no sign of the season ticket bug which prevented Wing Yee from really growing.

On the other hand, do I stay at Wing Yee?  I’m a legend there; the club pretty much runs itself and produces decent youth academy players.  I have two sons there, the board have every confidence in me with my job more or less safe and I stand a good chance of winning more silverware in Hong Kong.

Any suggestions would be welcome…

Wow amazing. Managing in a league like that can be frustrating because it seems like they lack ambition and are happy with being local champions. I have no idea what decision you are going to make, but either way, it should be fun.

Just a quick question,, I noticed that you tend to rotate your keepers, is it an injury thing, or a morale thing?

An amazing result there in the Champions League and finishing 3rd in the World Club Cup was incredible too!  I think you're at a crossroads now as you say - stick or twist?  If you wish to further your manager, perhaps turn it into a pentagon challenge, that or make it a 1 club man?  Or even move away to China's mainland and attempt to overthrow the money spending Chinese clubs with a lower team.  Tough decision, I look forwards to seeing your choice and enjoying more content thereafter :)

On 6/1/2017 at 17:12, DodgeeD said:

Wow! Unreal indeed :eek:

May the champagne never end :D

TheWoods_PearGIF-1.gif

On 6/2/2017 at 05:27, ranbon99 said:

I say boat to china:cool:

On 6/2/2017 at 12:32, Murrayzoster said:

As you said yourself, you have won everything, time for a new challenge :) 

On 6/2/2017 at 13:07, ChallengeMeFM said:

An amazing result there in the Champions League and finishing 3rd in the World Club Cup was incredible too!  I think you're at a crossroads now as you say - stick or twist?  If you wish to further your manager, perhaps turn it into a pentagon challenge, that or make it a 1 club man?  Or even move away to China's mainland and attempt to overthrow the money spending Chinese clubs with a lower team.  Tough decision, I look forwards to seeing your choice and enjoying more content thereafter :)

On 6/1/2017 at 23:10, kidthekid said:

Wow amazing. Managing in a league like that can be frustrating because it seems like they lack ambition and are happy with being local champions. I have no idea what decision you are going to make, but either way, it should be fun.

Just a quick question,, I noticed that you tend to rotate your keepers, is it an injury thing, or a morale thing?

Thanks for the input fellas :thup:.  I'm genuinely struggling to decide what to do and haven't continued with the save yet .  I'm not sure whether or not to take up the new challenge of Hangzhou which would be a big challenge to overthrow the big Chinese clubs or to stay at Wing Yee even though I've achieved everything there.  The main issue that I'm struggling with is although I've achieved everything in Hong Kong, do I stay and see out my two sons' careers?  I would take them with me but Chinese clubs can't sign any foreign goalkeepers so that means that Ryan Rawlings (24A) wouldn't be able to follow me.

On 6/1/2017 at 23:10, kidthekid said:

As for the rotation of my goalkeepers, I didn't really have a choice in the Quarter Final 2nd leg or the 2nd leg of the final as Ryan Rawlings (24A) picked up a couple of injuries which ruled him out meaning that I had to field Li Chun Ho (30A).  But the Semi Final 2nd leg was purely because Ryan Rawlings (24A) morale had dropped, presumably because of his injury and I always try and play players with good morale as players with low morale tend to under perform.

Injuries permitting, Ryan Rawlings (24A) would be and has been my first choice goalkeeper...obviously because of his ability and nothing to do with the fact that he's my son! :D

On 6/8/2017 at 11:38, noikeee said:

Astonishing achievement to win the Asian Champions League! I really didn't think it was going to happen this time already. The way the final unfolded win was brilliant, too. :D

Thanks @noikeee :thup:.  I was amazed too, especially as it was with a side full of products from the clubs youth system!  Something that I've never managed to do in any other save on any FM's!  There was definitely a lot of luck on our way to the trophy and especially in the final.  To go 3-0 down after just 18 minutes and to pull it back to win 4-3 with just 4 shots on goal was more than lucky!

So after much thought about whether or not to stay or go, I’ve decided to stay at Wing Yee.  I was very tempted to take the move to China but I think it feels right to stay to 1) try and continue the growth of the club as it is going in the right direction even if it is frustrating at times, 2) try and build on our success on the continent by maintaining our presence in the Champions League every year and maybe even going close to the latter stages again (I’m not sure that we can win it again though!), 3) to continue to bring quality youth players into the club and 4) to stay and see out the careers of both of my sons (which was the main reason for me staying after waiting so long for a FM son).  I’m also hoping that in the future, I’ll be able to get the Hong Kong national job too, alongside managing Wing Yee.

Congratulations on winning the Asian Champions League and staying at Wing Yee for the future! (Did you load any other Asian countries than China in the game?)

Hope your league reputation get a big boost after your success - I find that due to the special qualification places in Asia, Asian countries are categorised into 3: 1) those who always get 2+ places and progress well in Champs Lge; 2) those who are just good enough for AFC Cup; and 3) those in-between.

Cat 1 countries always have at least 2 teams in the proper group stage and they tend to score well by getting into the knockout stages. e.g. China, Oz, Iran, Korea

Cat 3 countries unlikely to progress well in AFC Cup and stay close to the lower half of ranking. e.g. Singapore, Laos, Philippines

Cat 2 includes HK, India, Thailand etc. Sometimes they do well in AFC Cup thus getting a group stage seat in ACL, likely with another seat at the qualification stages. However because the 2nd club is likely to face strong opponents from Cat 1 countries and lose, the nation would have only 7 or 8 matches to score points (likely losing matches), and would be inferior to, say another Cat 2 nation with 2 teams in AFC Cup in knockout stages (12+ matches, likely non-losing). I can see you suffered from this as well when you did well in ACL but ranking goes downhill, as the situation isn't helpful when only you do well but the other team get sent home early. That was my experience. I am not sure if this reflects reality as the ranking system only started for a couple of years. Hope that you get 2 group stage seats now so that the nation can have 12 matches to score points and makes it easier to maintain qualification places.

Kim Pan Gon still managing Hong Kong after all these years? :p 

Oh, and I did a short save with Kitchee, editing in 100 season tickets from the start of the game, and the number of season tickets does grow (2019: 132), so I was probably right about "percentage increase" from original number :) the "extra" revenue from that is minimal though. Need a generally higher nation interest in football (and other variables in the editor) otherwise the attendance couldn't rise enough.

13 hours ago, a.panda said:

Congratulations on winning the Asian Champions League and staying at Wing Yee for the future! (Did you load any other Asian countries than China in the game?)

Hope your league reputation get a big boost after your success - I find that due to the special qualification places in Asia, Asian countries are categorised into 3: 1) those who always get 2+ places and progress well in Champs Lge; 2) those who are just good enough for AFC Cup; and 3) those in-between.

Cat 1 countries always have at least 2 teams in the proper group stage and they tend to score well by getting into the knockout stages. e.g. China, Oz, Iran, Korea

Cat 3 countries unlikely to progress well in AFC Cup and stay close to the lower half of ranking. e.g. Singapore, Laos, Philippines

Cat 2 includes HK, India, Thailand etc. Sometimes they do well in AFC Cup thus getting a group stage seat in ACL, likely with another seat at the qualification stages. However because the 2nd club is likely to face strong opponents from Cat 1 countries and lose, the nation would have only 7 or 8 matches to score points (likely losing matches), and would be inferior to, say another Cat 2 nation with 2 teams in AFC Cup in knockout stages (12+ matches, likely non-losing). I can see you suffered from this as well when you did well in ACL but ranking goes downhill, as the situation isn't helpful when only you do well but the other team get sent home early. That was my experience. I am not sure if this reflects reality as the ranking system only started for a couple of years. Hope that you get 2 group stage seats now so that the nation can have 12 matches to score points and makes it easier to maintain qualification places.

Kim Pan Gon still managing Hong Kong after all these years? :p 

Oh, and I did a short save with Kitchee, editing in 100 season tickets from the start of the game, and the number of season tickets does grow (2019: 132), so I was probably right about "percentage increase" from original number :) the "extra" revenue from that is minimal though. Need a generally higher nation interest in football (and other variables in the editor) otherwise the attendance couldn't rise enough.

Thanks @a.panda :thup:.  I loaded all of the Asian leagues that are available at the start of the game.

I think that you're right with regards to the categorisation of Asian countries and leagues as we have found ourselves in that category 2 predicament over the years.  We're too good for the AFC Cup, hence us only being involved in it 4 times and winning it all of those times.  When we have qualified for the ACC (Champions League) we meet category 1 teams who are a lot stronger than us and while we can beat them sometimes in the preliminary and play-off rounds we have often struggled in the group stages and only get to play a handful of games (7 or 8 as you say to score points) which has a knock on effect with our league ranking; e.g when our league ranking dropped from 9th to 24th in just 4 years a few seasons ago.  It has changed over the last few years though and with our back to back AFC Cup win and ACC Cup win we've seen a rapid rise in league ranking as we've gone from 24th to 8th this season meaning that the Hong Kong league now gets 3 qualifiers for the Champions League :D (one automatic place for the group stage and two places in the 2nd preliminary round).

Kim Pon Gon retired in the 2020 season and I did apply for the job but I didn't get it.  They've had 3 managers since and the manager at the minute has been in charge since 2027 and is 67 years old so I'm hoping that he'll retire soon.  I might stand a chance of getting the job this time around now my reputation has increased and ambition will be to qualify for the World Cup (a big ask I know!)

Are you carrying on with your Kitchee save?  We've still not had an increase in season ticket sales so it's definitely something that needs to be addressed in the next FM. 

7 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

out of curiosity, I don't know if you mentioned it, but can you sign players or is this a youth only save?

This is a youth only save @kidthekid so no signing players.  I've got to rely on my youth system

57 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Lai Ka Chun looks very impressive.  :thup:

He's does look decent especially for a 15 year old...well, decent for Hong Kong level anyway! :D  Hopefully with the right training, he can develop into an important player for us in the future, especially with Wong Ho Man (19N) leaving at the end of the season.

Wing Yee - Season Review 2033/34

C2Pr8AR.png

Hong Kong Premier League/Hong Kong Premier League progress/Hong Kong Premier League fixtures : For the first time since the 2023/24 season, we failed to win the league as South China beat us to the title to deny us a 10th straight league title.  Whether or not our exploits in the Champions League and Club World Championship had an affect on us, I’m not sure but our points total of 42 points was our lowest since the 2023/24 season.

Hong Kong Premier League Playoff : We beat Tai Po in the semi final of the season play-off and Kitchee in the final thanks to a 119th minute winner meaning that we’ll enter the Champions League at the 2nd preliminary round stage next season.

Hong Kong Community Cup : We beat our rivals Kitchee in the season opener.

Hong Kong Senior Shield : We couldn’t defend the shield as a tough draw for us saw us beat South China in the 1st round but lose to Kitchee in the Quarter Final as they beat us 3-1.

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group C : We made it to the final but South China beat us on penalties to deny us a 12th League Cup.

Hong Kong FA Cup : We managed to defend this cup as we gained revenge on South China for our League Cup defeat by beating them 3-1 in the final.

Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship : We once again finished as runners-up as Shanggang proved to be too strong for us over the two legs.

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group G : As I posted earlier in the thread in the ‘road to glory’ post, we continued with last seasons Champions League campaign at the start of this season as we beat Adelaide United and Suwon in the Quarter Final and Semi Final which then saw us beat Al-Ain in the final over two legs as we somehow won the Asian Champions League! :eek:

Onto this seasons Champions League and we made it out of the group with 4 draws and 2 wins.  We couldn’t overcome Central Coast Mariners though in the 2nd round as they beat us 4-0 on aggregate to send us out of the competition.

Club World Championship : Again, as I posted earlier in the thread, we made it to the Semi Final of the Club World Championship where Manchester City beat us.  We played the 3rd place play-off which saw Mexican side America (MEX) beat us as we finished 4th but we picked up some very healthy prize money along the way J.

Squad : A good season from the squad of players saw goals contributed from a lot of areas as 16 different players managed to get on the score sheet this season.  Of those players, Yu Ka Wai (28P) finished as our top goal scorer after going out on loan last season as he scored 26 goals in 32 games while his strike partner Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) scored 18 goals in 36 games as well as claiming the Hong Kong Footballer of the Year award.  Wong Ho Man’s (19N) time at the club seems to finally be over as he requested a move after wanting a new challenge as he played a bit part this season which saw him score 6 goals in 12 games, taking him to 174 league goals in 244 league appearances for the club…a true legend of the club.  Ip Siu Ki (23L) also had a good season as he claimed the Hong Kong Fans Player of the Year award and the Hong Kong Players’ Player of the Year award in what will probably be his last season with club.

Reserves/Under 18’s : The reserves won the league while the Under 18’s finished 3rd as both squads look as if a couple of players might be ready to make the step up to the first team in the next year or so.

Transfers : Li Chi Keung (29M) left us in the summer as he went to South Korean side Jeonnam while Chung Wai Kit (31N) left us for Rangers (HKG) for £30k.

Finances : Thanks to our Champions League win and our participation in the Club World Championship, our finances are looking very good indeed J.

My views of the season… : A mixed season for us as we achieved the amazing feat of winning the Asian Champions League but we failed to win the league for the first time since the 2023/24 season.  We did win the Community Cup and the FA Cup while also appearing in the Club World Championship though so overall we should consider it a successful season, especially given how better off we are financially.  While we’re on the subject of finances, the board finally agreed to upgrading the training facilities at a cost of £650K which is another step in the right direction as the club continues to grow.

My aims for next season… : The league title will be a necessity if I’m to stay secure in my role as manager especially after this seasons league performance.  I’ll be looking for us to make it through the preliminary rounds and the play-off round of the Champions League too as hopefully, we’ll be able to join South China in the group stages to make it two representatives of Hong Kong in the Champions League which will hopefully boost the league ranking even more.  As for this seasons league ranking, it went up once again as it’s now ranked 8th in the Asian rankings while there are now 3 qualification spots for the Asian Champions League.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League                Position     Playoff	  Community  	  Senior 	   League	    FA 	            Asian 	        Asian         HK SH Club  
							      		  Cup	    	  Shield           Cup	       	    Cup		    Champions League    Conf. Cup     Championship 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Wing Yee    	 HK Premier League     	 5th        Winners	      -	             -		     -		    Semi Final           -  	  	   -		  -	
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd  	    Winners	  Winners	  Winners	   Semi Final       Semi Final	    East Playoff	   -		  -	
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Winners	  Runners-up      Semi Final       Semi Final       Winners	    Group stage		   -		  -	
2020/21    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners	    East Playoff           -		  -	
2021/22    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Semi Final	   Winners	    Semi Final	    Group stage 	   -	      Runners-up
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -  	  Winners	  Semi Final	   Winners	    Quarter Final   East Playoff	   -	      Runners-up
2023/24	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Winners	  Runners-up	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners	    East Playoff        Winners       Runners-up
2024/25	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners	  	 -	        Winners		  -	
2025/26	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League       1st	       -	  Winners	  Semi Final	   Winners	    Quarter Final   Group stage	        Winners	      Runners-up
2026/27	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  1st round	   Winners	    Winners	    Group stage	          -	      Runners-up 
2027/28	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Semi Final	   Semi Final       Winners	    Group stage		  -	      Runners-up  
2028/29	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners	    Group stage		  -           Runners-up 
2029/30	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Winners	   Winners	    Semi Final	    2nd round		  -	      Winners	
2030/31	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  1st round	   Semi Final       Winners	    Quarter Final	  -	      Winners	
2031/32	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Runners-up	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners 	    East Playoff	Winners	      Runners-up
2032/33	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners	    Winners		  -	      Runners-up
2033/34	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Winners	  Winners         Quarter Final    Runners-up       Winners	    2nd round		  -	      Runners-up  

Trophy Cabinet

Premier League					-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2027/28. 2028/29, 2029/30, 2030/31, 2031/32, 2032/33
Premier League Playoff				-	2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2023/24, 2033/34
Community Cup					-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2030/31, 2032/33, 2033/34
Senior Shield					-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2031/32, 2032/33
FA Cup						-	2019/20, 2020/21, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29, 2030/31, 2031/32, 2032/33, 2033/34
League Cup					-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2031/32, 2032/33
Asian Champions League				- 	2033
Asian Confederation Cup				-	2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2031/32
Hong Kong Shanghai Interport Club Championship 	-	2029/30, 2030/31

cq831K2.png

39OgqS5.png

100+ appearances

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wong Ho Man (19N)		244		174	-		2018 - present
Ryan Rawlings (24A)		192		0	185		2023 - present
Lam Chun Yin (23D)		166		4	-		2022 - present
Ip Siu Ki (23L)			147		42	-		2022 - present
Dean Rawlings (25O)		117		41			2024 - present
Lau Cheuk Yin (26N)		107		65	-		2025 - present

Did you not get that job in China mate? I've been reading through this and I'd have prob got bored of winning the league every year and moved on. I'm currently on with an Asian journeyman save myself, started in Vietnam and now in Malaysia. Got those 2, India, Australia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and China loaded. Only 3 seasons in at the minute.

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Did you not get that job in China mate? I've been reading through this and I'd have prob got bored of winning the league every year and moved on. I'm currently on with an Asian journeyman save myself, started in Vietnam and now in Malaysia. Got those 2, India, Australia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and China loaded. Only 3 seasons in at the minute.

I did mate.  I was offered the Hangzhou job and I was very, very tempted to take it!  (I took me 3 or 4 real days to decide!!!)  I really wanted to take it but in the end, I decided to stay at Wing Yee as Chinese clubs can't sign goalkeepers and that would mean that I wouldn't have been able to take my in game son with me.  After waiting so long for an in game FM son (let alone two sons!), I want to stay with them and see how they both develop until they retire.  If I didn't have a GK son I would've moved to China. 

We actually didn't win the league last season for the first time in 10 years as South China beat us to the title so there is still some competitiveness in the league (shame about the cup competitions) but my interest in this save is still well alive and kicking mainly because of my two sons, the Champions League and the little bit of competitiveness that's still in the league.  Plus the youth products that we're producing are something that keeps this save going.

Have you got a thread on here?  Where did you get your Vietnam and Saudi Arabia add-on's from?  I've played quite a few Asian saves over the years and have always felt that the saves would feel more complete if leagues like Saudia Arabia, Japan, etc were available from the FM release date.  It'd be interesting to see how your save develops.

4 hours ago, Raware said:

Have you got a thread on here?  Where did you get your Vietnam and Saudi Arabia add-on's from?  I've played quite a few Asian saves over the years and have always felt that the saves would feel more complete if leagues like Saudia Arabia, Japan, etc were available from the FM release date.  It'd be interesting to see how your save develops.

To answer this question: just use Claassens edit files mate. They can be found on this forum. He has created all the national competitions in the world including Asia. They all work fine and are without bugs!

15 hours ago, Raware said:

I did mate.  I was offered the Hangzhou job and I was very, very tempted to take it!  (I took me 3 or 4 real days to decide!!!)  I really wanted to take it but in the end, I decided to stay at Wing Yee as Chinese clubs can't sign goalkeepers and that would mean that I wouldn't have been able to take my in game son with me.  After waiting so long for an in game FM son (let alone two sons!), I want to stay with them and see how they both develop until they retire.  If I didn't have a GK son I would've moved to China. 

We actually didn't win the league last season for the first time in 10 years as South China beat us to the title so there is still some competitiveness in the league (shame about the cup competitions) but my interest in this save is still well alive and kicking mainly because of my two sons, the Champions League and the little bit of competitiveness that's still in the league.  Plus the youth products that we're producing are something that keeps this save going.

Ahh yeah guess having 2 (2!!) sons would keep me there too, is a shame about China not allowing goalkeepers being signed. I've played CM / FM since championship manager 00/01 and to my knowledge I've never ahd a son let alone 2!! Good going mate.

Not got a thread going, never really bothered posting my careers, but would deffo let you know how I get on though if ya interested. I've never bothered with Japan because you can't see the 'general' screens and I like that.

10 hours ago, maxtothemax said:

To answer this question: just use Claassens edit files mate. They can be found on this forum. He has created all the national competitions in the world including Asia. They all work fine and are without bugs!

Exactly this!! 

Good decision to stay in Hong Kong. The pressure's now on to try to win another Asian CL in the future and prove the first one wasn't a fluke. Tbh it probably was given the manner of the final. :D All the sweeter, though.

• 1 month later...

Wing Yee - Pre-Season 2034/35

C2Pr8AR.png

League expectation

Hong Kong Premier League : Board expectation - Win the league  : Media expectation - 1st (out of 11)

Cup expectations

Hong Kong Community Cup : Not important

Hong Kong Senior Shield : Not important

Hong Kong League Cup : Not important

Hong Kong FA Cup : Not important

Asian Champions League : Not important

Transfer budget : £300k (last season £55k)

Wage budget : £23.5k p/w (last season £21.6k)

Current wage bill : £12k p/w (last season £15.1k)

Season tickets sold : 0 (+0 from last season)

My views for the season ahead… : The league is the priority for us this season after we failed to win it last season as both the board and the media are expecting us to win the league.  As for the Champions League, we’ll have to go through the preliminary rounds and then the play-off round if we want to qualify for the group stage and join South China, who automatically qualify for the groups after winning the league last season.

On 6/16/2017 at 10:28, noikeee said:

Good decision to stay in Hong Kong. The pressure's now on to try to win another Asian CL in the future and prove the first one wasn't a fluke. Tbh it probably was given the manner of the final. :D All the sweeter, though.

Tbh...it was a massive fluke and the games leading up to the final and the actual final itself show that :D.  I don't care though :D...I've had plenty of FM times when I should've won things and didn't as the opposition had just one shot and that proved to be a winner.

I don't think I'll manage to repeat the feat of winning the Champions League again with Wing Yee...but I'll keep going :D

Wing Yee - Season Review 2034/35

C2Pr8AR.png

Hong Kong Premier League/Hong Kong Premier League progress/Hong Kong Premier League fixtures : After missing out on the league title last season, winning the league title this season was a must.  It was a tight affair all year as South China sat top of the league for much of it while we played catch up with our games in hand.  We matched each other week in week out as the title came down to the last day of the season as both ourselves and South China were on the same points total on the last game.  South China won their final game, as did we, but because of our superior goal difference, it was us who claimed the title :D.

Hong Kong Community Cup : We claimed the first piece of silverware of the season as we beat South China 2-0 in the season opener.

Hong Kong Senior Shield : We made up for last years exit in this competition by claiming our 9th Senior Shield as we beat Yau Tsim **** 2-0 in the final. 

Hong Kong League Cup/Hong Kong League Cup Group A : Last season saw South China beat us on penalties in the final to deny us the cup.  We made amends this season as we beat them 1-0 in the final to claim our 12th League Cup.

Hong Kong FA Cup : We were unable to defend the FA Cup after last seasons success as Kitchee beat us in the Quarter Final to send us out of the competition.

Asian Champions League/Asian Champions League Group H : We made it through the preliminary rounds, made it through the play-off and surprisingly topped our Champions League group to make it through to the knock out stages.  We were unable to make it past Melbourne City in the second round though as they knocked us out on the away goal rule :(.

Squad : The squad of players did what was expected of them this season as they won the league title after last seasons disappointment.  Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) finished the season as our top goal scorer as he scored 28 goals in 35 games as well as claiming the top goal scorer award, while Lai Ka Chun (34O) burst onto the scene as he scored 13 times in 26 appearances in his first season.  Chung King Yuen (30L) also had a great season as he claimed the Hong Kong Footballer of the Year award, the Hong Kong Fans’ Player of the Year award, the Hong Kong Players’ Player of the Year award and the Hong Kong Young Player of the Year award.

It wasn’t all great for us though as Cassio (31M), Tang Chi Him (30J) and Lai Ka Lok (33H) all handed in transfer requests, wanting moves to a bigger club, with Lai Ka Lok (33H) actually securing a move as I’ve accepted a bid of £1 million from Rubin for his services.

Reserves/Under 18’s : The reserves won the league again while the under 18’s also won their league for the first time in 3 years.

Transfers : No major outgoings this season other than the transfer that has just been agreed with Rubin for the sale of Lai Ka Lok (33H) which will see him move in January 2036.

Finances : Looking ok with nearly £400k in the bank.

My views of the season… : A good season for us as we put last seasons disappointment of not winning the league behind us as we claimed our 13th league title, even if it was on the last day of the season and on goal difference!  We also managed to claim the Community Cup, the Senior Shield and the League Cup as well as making it through to the knockout rounds of the Champions League, so overall, it’s been a very pleasing season.

My aims for next season… : Winning the league is the obvious aim again while the cup competitions will remain a chance for the fringe players to play in as the board aren’t bothered about winning those cups anymore.  With the loss of Lai Ka Lok (33H) now a reality though and the potential loss of Cassio (31M) and Tang Chi Him (30J) next season as both of them want to leave with their contracts entering the last year, we could be left very weak in midfield.  With a youth only policy in this save, I may have to give some of the younger midfield players a chance next season to aid their development and fast track their progress or hope that we get a good youth intake next season.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League                Position     Playoff	  Community  	  Senior 	   League	    FA 	            Asian 	        Asian         HK SH Club  
							      		  Cup	    	  Shield           Cup	       	    Cup		    Champions League    Conf. Cup     Championship 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Wing Yee    	 HK Premier League     	 5th        Winners	      -	             -		     -		    Semi Final           -  	  	   -		  -	
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd  	    Winners	  Winners	  Winners	   Semi Final       Semi Final	    East Playoff	   -		  -	
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Winners	  Runners-up      Semi Final       Semi Final       Winners	    Group stage		   -		  -	
2020/21    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners	    East Playoff           -		  -	
2021/22    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Semi Final	   Winners	    Semi Final	    Group stage 	   -	      Runners-up
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -  	  Winners	  Semi Final	   Winners	    Quarter Final   East Playoff	   -	      Runners-up
2023/24	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Winners	  Runners-up	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners	    East Playoff        Winners       Runners-up
2024/25	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners	  	 -	        Winners		  -	
2025/26	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League       1st	       -	  Winners	  Semi Final	   Winners	    Quarter Final   Group stage	        Winners	      Runners-up
2026/27	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  1st round	   Winners	    Winners	    Group stage	          -	      Runners-up 
2027/28	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Semi Final	   Semi Final       Winners	    Group stage		  -	      Runners-up  
2028/29	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners	    Group stage		  -           Runners-up 
2029/30	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Winners	   Winners	    Semi Final	    2nd round		  -	      Winners	
2030/31	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  1st round	   Semi Final       Winners	    Quarter Final	  -	      Winners	
2031/32	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Runners-up	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners 	    East Playoff	Winners	      Runners-up
2032/33	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -	  Winners	  Winners	   Winners	    Winners	    Winners		  -	      Runners-up
2033/34	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 2nd	    Winners	  Winners         Quarter Final    Runners-up       Winners	    2nd round		  -	      Runners-up
2034/35	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	 1st	       -          Winners         Winners	   Winners	    Quarter Final   2nd round		  -	          -  

Trophy Cabinet

Premier League					-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2027/28. 2028/29, 2029/30, 2030/31, 2031/32, 2032/33, 2034/35
Premier League Playoff				-	2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20, 2023/24, 2033/34
Community Cup					-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2030/31, 2032/33, 2033/34, 2034/35
Senior Shield					-	2018/19, 2020/21, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2031/32, 2032/33, 2034/35
FA Cup						-	2019/20, 2020/21, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2026/27, 2027/28, 2028/29, 2030/31, 2031/32, 2032/33, 2033/34
League Cup					-	2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23, 2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2026/27, 2028/29, 2029/30, 2031/32, 2032/33, 2034/35
Asian Champions League				- 	2033
Asian Confederation Cup				-	2023/24, 2024/25, 2025/26, 2031/32
Hong Kong Shanghai Interport Club Championship 	-	2029/30, 2030/31

Just caught up with this and glad to see you finally win the ACL :applause: i'd probably have done the same as you with having sons in the game and stayed but with potentially 10 seasons or so left in each it might test your patience a bit :D I can't remember seeing many sons in game where they get documented in a thread so i'm kind of hoping once they retire they go in to management and go against you :D I'm still to ever have a son so wouldn't know what happens when they retire :(

On 7/23/2017 at 16:20, Dexter_Morgan said:

Just caught up with this and glad to see you finally win the ACL :applause: i'd probably have done the same as you with having sons in the game and stayed but with potentially 10 seasons or so left in each it might test your patience a bit :D I can't remember seeing many sons in game where they get documented in a thread so i'm kind of hoping once they retire they go in to management and go against you :D I'm still to ever have a son so wouldn't know what happens when they retire :(

Thanks @Dexter Morgan :thup:.  The ACL win was more than a bit fortunate but I'm not complaining! :D  

If Chinese clubs were able to sign foreign GK's then I think I'd have taken the move to China but having waited soooo long for an in game son, I want to stay with them until they retire.  Hopefully, when they do retire, they will go into management and I can face them head to head :D.  This is the first time I've ever had an in game son so to get two is unbelievable!  I have been playing CM/FM since 1991 though so I have waited a while to get a son :D.  I was due one! :D  I just need a stadium named after me now! 

PNYYmHB.png

2v6ktsK.png

100+ appearances

Wong Ho Man (19N)		244		174	-		2018 - 2034
Ryan Rawlings (24A)		212		0	200		2023 - present
Lam Chun Yin (23D)		172		4	-		2022 - 2035
Ip Siu Ki (23L)			147		42	-		2022 - 2034
Dean Rawlings (25O)		133		46			2024 - present
Lau Cheuk Yin (26N)		125		77	-		2025 - present

This was the job that I've been waiting for! :D

I know I could've carried on managing Wing Yee alongside the national job but it felt right to leave Wing Yee after all of these years and winning pretty much everything that I could've won.  This will allow me to fully focus on the Hong Kong job too rather than having to focus on two jobs.  I was close to leaving last summer but because China are not allowed to sign foreign goalkeepers, it meant that I wouldn't be able to take my son with me (who is a GK) which was the main reason for turning down the Hangzhou job offer.  This move still allows me to play both of my sons as I'll obviously be able to pick them for the national side (of course, there's no bias really and they're both picked on their ability! :D)

Hong Kong - 2035

av4VJnf.png

Season expectations

World Cup Qualifiers (Asia) : Be competitive

My views for the season ahead… : I join Hong Kong with them already having played 2 games in the World Cup Qualifying group as they sit top of Group 4 with 6 games remaining.  My first game in charge comes against Saudi Arabia who are the favourites to win the group and qualify for the final group stages of the Qualifiers.  While beating Saudi Arabia and finishing top of the group is a big challenge, I do think that we have a chance of finishing 2nd in the group as the other teams in the group are beatable and this would give us a chance of qualifying for the final stages of qualification as the 4 best teams that finish 2nd in their groups (out of 8 groups) will qualify for the final stages of qualification (along with the 8 group winners).  This would be a great achievement for us especially when the FA are just expecting us to be competitive in the group.

The players that I have available to me are of a good enough standard to help us finish 2nd in the group and I do have the advantage of knowing the majority of the players as the majority of the players are the players that I’ve brought through at Wing Yee J.  Lau Cheuk Yin (26N), Li Chi Keung (29M), Cassio (31M), Chan Wai Chung (29E) and my son Ryan Rawlings (24A) are probably the key players that I have available to me.

Hong Kong - Season Review 2035

av4VJnf.png

2035 fixtures

World Cup Qualifiers (Asia) Group 4 : The end of 2035 sees us sitting 2nd in group 4, level on points with Saudi Arabia after 6 games.  I started my reign as Hong Kong manager with a very respectable draw with Saudi Arabia followed by an impressive win over India.  The friendly against Jordan gave me a chance to give a few of the fringe players a game, to see how they could perform at international level before we were back in action in the World Cup Qualifiers which saw us beat Bangladesh and Myanmar comfortably.  We ended the year with an easy win against minnows Northern Mariana as Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) finished the year as the countries top goal scorer with 10 goals in 14 games.

My views of the season… : A very good first 5 months in charge saw us pick up 3 wins and a draw in our World Cup Qualifying group which puts us in a great place for qualifying for the final stages of the World Cup Qualifiers.  Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) had a great season as he scored 10 goals in 14 games which saw him break a few records in the process, including the most amount of goals in one game.  Our performances have also seen our ranking in the World Rankings climb to our highest position as we’re now ranked 90th in the world.

My aims for next season… : We’ve got two World Cup Qualifying games left as we face the two strongest teams in the group in Saudi Arabia and India.  The game against Saudi Arabia will be a tough game but if we can beat India, then we should be guaranteed of qualifying for the final stages as we have one of the best records amongst the countries in 2nd place.  Should we qualify, we’ll obviously have more fixtures then, but until we qualify, we won’t know what group we’ll be in and who we’ll face.

Career Summary

Season     Team          League/Competition        Position     Community  	Senior 	   	League	    	FA 	        Asian 	       	    Asian         HK SH Club  
							      	Cup	    	Shield          Cup	       	Cup		Champions League    Conf. Cup     Championship 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Wing Yee    	 HK Premier League     	     5th          -	             -		     -		Semi Final           -  	       -	       -	
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd  	Winners	  	Winners	   	Semi Final      Semi Final	East Playoff	       -	       -	
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd	Runners-up      Semi Final      Semi Final      Winners	    	Group stage	       -	       -	
2020/21    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	East Playoff           -	       -	
2021/22    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Winners	    	Semi Final	Group stage 	       -	   Runners-up
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Winners	    	Quarter Final   East Playoff	       -	   Runners-up
2023/24	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd	Runners-up	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	East Playoff        Winners        Runners-up
2024/25	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	  	     -	            Winners	       -	
2025/26	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League           1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Winners	    	Quarter Final   Group stage	    Winners	   Runners-up
2026/27	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	1st round	Winners	    	Winners	    	Group stage	       -	   Runners-up 
2027/28	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Semi Final      Winners	    	Group stage	       -	   Runners-up  
2028/29	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	Group stage	       -           Runners-up 
2029/30	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Semi Final	2nd round	       -	   Winners	
2030/31	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	1st round	Semi Final      Winners	    	Quarter Final	       -	   Winners	
2031/32	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Runners-up	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners 	East Playoff	    Winners	   Runners-up
2032/33	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	Winners		       -	   Runners-up
2033/34	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd	Winners         Quarter Final   Runners-up      Winners	    	2nd round	       -	   Runners-up
2034/35	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners         Winners	   	Winners	   	Quarter Final   2nd round	       -	       -  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2035	   Hong Kong	 World Cup Qualifying	   On going

Trophy Cabinet

Hong Kong Premier League			-	x 13
Hong Kong Premier League Playoff		-	x 5
Hong Kong Community Cup				-	x 14
Hong Kong Senior Shield				-	x 9
Hong Kong FA Cup				-	x 11
Hong Kong League Cup				-	x 12
Asian Champions League				- 	x 1
Asian Confederation Cup				-	x 4
Hong Kong Shanghai Interport Club Championship 	-	x 2

Hong Kong - Pre-Season 2036

av4VJnf.png

Season expectations

World Cup Qualifiers (Asia) : Be competitive

East Asian Cup Qualifying : Qualify from the qualifying round

My views for the season ahead… : Having given ourselves a great chance of qualifying from our World Cup Qualifying group, we’ve got two remaining games against Saudi Arabia and India in which we can secure our place in the final stages of the qualifying rounds for the World Cup in 2038.  While the Saudi Arabia fixture is obviously a tough game, if we can beat India, I’m confident that we’ll be able to secure qualification to the final stages through finishing 2nd in the group.

We’ve also qualified for the Asian Cup qualifiers because of our performances in the World Cup qualifiers but we’ve yet to be involved in the draw as the draw will happen later on in the year.

Hong Kong - Season Review 2036

av4VJnf.png

2036 fixtures

World Cup Qualifiers (Asia) Group 4 : We played our final two World Cup Qualifying games at the end of March as we managed to scrape a draw with Saudi Arabia and then we managed to beat India, which confirmed our qualification from group 4 as runners up and into the final stage of the World Cup qualifiers.

World Cup Qualifiers (Asia) Final Stage Group A : We were given a tough draw in our final stage group as we were drawn with Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Jordan.  With only the top two from each group qualifying automatically for the 2038 World Cup and the countries finishing in 3rd place having to play a playoff to decide on the 5th country to qualify for the World Cup, I knew our chances were very slim and my immediate thought was whether or not we’d actually be able to win a game!  However, as we’ve reached the halfway stage of the qualification group, we find ourselves sitting, amazingly, top of the group having beaten Qatar, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Jordan!

East Asian Cup Qualifying : We qualified easily from our qualifying group, as the board were expecting us to do, as we brushed aside North Korea, Chinese Taipei and Guam to book our place in the Asian Cup, where we’ll meet the likes of China, Japan and South Korea.

My views of the season… : A quite unreal season for us as we firstly, qualified for the World Cup Final Stages by finishing 2nd in the 2nd qualifying round and then currently, we sit top of the Final Stage Group, ahead of South Korea, Japan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Qatar!  Obviously, there’s still a long way to go and we still have to play all 5 of the countries in our group again, but if ever we had a chance of qualifying for a World Cup, it’s now as a couple more wins could secure us qualification! 

It’s been a good season for us in the Asian Cup too as we breezed through the qualifying round to book our place in the Asian Cup where we’ll meet China, Japan and South Korea next year.

It’s been a great year again for the squad of players and in particularly for Lau Cheuk Yin (26N) as he scored 8 goals in 10 international appearances which takes him to 46 goals in 81 caps for Hong Kong while Cassio (31M) had a good season too as he picked up his 20th Hong Kong cap as well as securing a move to South Korean side Ulsan. Lai Ka Lok (33H) also continued his rapid progression as he picked up his 31st cap as well as becoming a regular in the Rubin side as his value has reached a million pounds…probably one of my best ever youth products on FM :D.

We also had a phenomenal rise in the World Rankings as we went from being ranked 90th in the world last year to being ranked 28th in the world this year!

And I had a good year personally too as I was approached by both the French and the Italian FA’s to take control of their national sides.  Obviously I rejected the offers, especially with things going soooo well with Hong Kong :D.

My aims for next season… : We’re in the position now where we could make history by actually qualifying for a World Cup for the first time ever in the history of Hong Kong football.  We’ve obviously still got 5 very tough games in the World Cup qualifiers to play but if we can scrape a couple of wins and hope that other results go our way, we might be able to make that history!

We’ve also got the Asian Cup to look forward to where we’ll face China, Japan and South Korea and while Hong Kong’s last appearance in the competition (last season in 2035 - before I joined) wasn’t a memorable one, we could cause a bit of an upset if we continue to play how we have been!

Career Summary

Season     Team          League/Competition        Position     Community  	Senior 	   	League	    	FA 	        Asian 	       	    Asian         HK SH Club  
							      	Cup	    	Shield          Cup	       	Cup		Champions League    Conf. Cup     Championship 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017/18    Wing Yee    	 HK Premier League     	     5th          -	             -		     -		Semi Final           -  	       -	       -	
2018/19	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd  	Winners	  	Winners	   	Semi Final      Semi Final	East Playoff	       -	       -	
2019/20	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd	Runners-up      Semi Final      Semi Final      Winners	    	Group stage	       -	       -	
2020/21    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	East Playoff           -	       -	
2021/22    Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Winners	    	Semi Final	Group stage 	       -	   Runners-up
2022/23	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Winners	    	Quarter Final   East Playoff	       -	   Runners-up
2023/24	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd	Runners-up	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	East Playoff        Winners        Runners-up
2024/25	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	  	     -	            Winners	       -	
2025/26	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League           1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Winners	    	Quarter Final   Group stage	    Winners	   Runners-up
2026/27	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	1st round	Winners	    	Winners	    	Group stage	       -	   Runners-up 
2027/28	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Semi Final	Semi Final      Winners	    	Group stage	       -	   Runners-up  
2028/29	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	Group stage	       -           Runners-up 
2029/30	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Semi Final	2nd round	       -	   Winners	
2030/31	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	1st round	Semi Final      Winners	    	Quarter Final	       -	   Winners	
2031/32	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Runners-up	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners 	East Playoff	    Winners	   Runners-up
2032/33	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners	  	Winners	   	Winners	    	Winners	    	Winners		       -	   Runners-up
2033/34	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     2nd	Winners         Quarter Final   Runners-up      Winners	    	2nd round	       -	   Runners-up
2034/35	   Wing Yee	 HK Premier League	     1st	Winners         Winners	   	Winners	   	Quarter Final   2nd round	       -	       -  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2035	   Hong Kong	 World Cup Qualifying	   Qualified from 2nd round
2036	   Hong Kong	 World Cup Qualifying	   Final stages of qualification
			 Asian Cup Qualifying	   Qualified

Trophy Cabinet

Hong Kong Premier League			-	x 13
Hong Kong Premier League Playoff		-	x 5
Hong Kong Community Cup				-	x 14
Hong Kong Senior Shield				-	x 9
Hong Kong FA Cup				-	x 11
Hong Kong League Cup				-	x 12
Asian Champions League				- 	x 1
Asian Confederation Cup				-	x 4