Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mizta05

Help needed!

So I just spend 4 hours editing the database, and suddently the editor crashes. So I start up the editor again, and I am asked if I want to load the unsaved changes or else they will be lost. I chose "yes" and imediately save the changes, but in the proces I overwrite the saved file with all my changes, leaving me with a file only containing my latest changes. Does anyone know of a way to undo this, by for instance restoring a previous version of the file? Thanks in advance...

That's only possible if you have some kind of backups, incremental saves or time machine on a mac. What ever you edit, save it with different versions. 001, 002, 003, 004 and so on. It's a live safer in editing.

I usually save every 20 mins or so and use the system:

i move up to to 2 etc after milestones or testing.

Its rule #1- Make backups and make them often!

4 hours ago, Mizta05 said:

Thanks, I guess I'll have to do it all Again... :(

It is a lesson we ALL have learnt, usually the hard way. Even now I get crashes and lose up to 20 mins work. Its to be expected on any project. Over the length of my current one I expect to lose around an hours work if things go like last time. Its just the nature of the editor,

You are not the first and for sure you wont be the last.

yep and sometimes a file corrupts so back up the back up:D

happened this year with a file with over 300k changes so a lot of time and work 

worse can be when patches to editor make files incompatible so for many seasoned editors the game is a march to november one:brock: