Facepack panels not working

Mufred

Hello, hope this is the right place to ask. Over on FMSweden me and a couple of others always make an action style facepack, with the pics measuring 218x305. So to get them to show up in the correct size in the game we've used some modified panels. In the past these panels have worked for each game, but now for FM17 suddenly they don't work and the pics are scaled down in the game. Here's how it looked in FM16 and here in FM17.

I need some help fixing this, I didn't modify the panels we've used (I've inherited the project from someone else and I think someone on here actually made the panels for him) so I don't know how to fix it, I've extracted the FM17 panels via the Resource Archiver and looked around a bit but need help. How do I change the size of the profile pic?

Would greatly appreciate some help!

The layout of the panels folder has changed in FM2017, depending on which files you have edited they might need to be put in the panels\player folder rather than just the panels folder like in the past.

When you have extracted the default files, you need to put your edited file(s) in the same place but within the folder structure for your skin so the game can find your files.

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The layout of the panels folder has changed in FM2017, depending on which files you have edited they might need to be put in the panels\player folder rather than just the panels folder like in the past.

When you have extracted the default files, you need to put your edited file(s) in the same place but within the folder structure for your skin so the game can find your files.

Thanks for the reply. Tried that, but the result was this. So it seems to be a problem with the files themselves and not just the placement of them. I've attached the panels we've used, can you spot any problems? Thanks!

panels.rar

Now we got it working! Many thanks! Only a slight issue now with that the...what do you call it, the hexagonal graph of a players attributes became weird-looking. No biggie, but do you know how to either fix it or simply remove it?

Skärmavbild 2016-11-05 kl. 01.26.49.png

17 hours ago, Mufred said:

Now we got it working! Many thanks! Only a slight issue now with that the...what do you call it, the hexagonal graph of a players attributes became weird-looking. No biggie, but do you know how to either fix it or simply remove it?

Skärmavbild 2016-11-05 kl. 01.26.49.png

In the 'player profile personal details' xml file locate these lines:

<!-- outfield player analyser panel : visible by default -->
            <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player attribute analyser outfield" hidden="false" auto_size="vertical" />
            <!-- goalkeeper player analyser panel : hidden by default -->
            <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="gkap" file="player attribute analyser goalkeeper" hidden="true" auto_size="vertical" />

And change them to read:

<widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player\player attribute analyser outfield" hidden="false" auto_size="vertical" />
            <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="gkap" file="player\player attribute analyser goalkeeper" hidden="true" auto_size="vertical" />

As the linked file has moved in fm17.

7 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

In the 'player profile personal details' xml file locate these lines:

<widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player attribute analyser outfield" hidden="false" auto_size="vertical" />
            <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="gkap" file="player attribute analyser goalkeeper" hidden="true" auto_size="vertical" />

And change them to read:

<widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="ofap" file="player\player attribute analyser outfield" hidden="false" auto_size="vertical" />
            <widget class="person_attributes_analyser_panel" id="gkap" file="player\player attribute analyser goalkeeper" hidden="true" auto_size="vertical" />

As the linked file has moved in fm17.

Hm, didn't work, it looks the same, weird.

15 hours ago, D_LO_ said:

I had the same issue when creating the player overview and likewise the above didn't resolve it for me either (I accounted for the new file structure in panels) I put it down to the fact I used my fm16 skin as the base file whilst I also took a lot of fm16 coding when re-doing the player overview. This won't be the base of my final, released skin though so I will look into it again. It's not a current priority so won't be for a few days but if I resolve it I'll come back here and elaborate. 

Appreciate it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-11-11 at 22:23, D_LO_ said:

I've resolved this. 

Some context as I have a quite specific set-up, I use the attribute analysis paragon re. selector panels on the player overview. So you don't need this first part of code but it's here to show my arrangement to hopefully give a deeper understanding.... 

-<container class="client_object_viewer_selector_panel" priority="3" minimum_height="105" id="cos7" file="player/art player overview small selector panel" save_session_state="true">

<integer id="default_for_unemployed_managers" value=""/>

<integer id="default_for_international_managers_other_team" value=""/>

<integer id="default_for_everyone_else" value=""/>

<integer id="default_for_versus_mode" value=""/>

</container>

So as you can see I use art's selector panel which provides the link. Within this panel I needed to make a slight amendment to the relevant code so it now reads: (I nicked it from someone else's FM17 skin, I forget which one, was a day or two ago) 

<widget class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" id="paAn" late_loading="true" file="player/player attribute analyser panel">

<translation id="title" value="Attribute Analysis[COMMENT: player overview; title for a panel showing an attribute analyisis diagram]" type="use" translation_id="334971"/>

So copy this code into your selector if you have a similar structure to mine or alternatively you could copy this directly into the container within your player overview panel if that's how you're organising your screen. NB: you will obviously need to arrange your container accordingly to harbour this. 

For anyone interested this was the code which was previously not working for me (taken from my FM16 skin and art's panel)

-<widget id="att2" class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" late_loading="true" file="player/player attribute analyser panel">

<translation id="title" value="Attribute Analysis[COMMENT: player overview; title for a panel showing an attribute analyisis diagram]" type="use" translation_id="334971"/>

<record id="object_property" set_property="objt" get_property="objt"/>

</widget>

Hi, thanks for the reply. Though I'm not good at this sort of thing (I just create facepacks, no clue about creating skins etc) so I'm not sure how to use this advice, I think our files are structured differently. Would you mind taking a look in our player overview panel and see what it is that needs to change to either make the attribute analyser appear correctly (or, second best, remove it?)

player overview panel.xml

Archived