Sports Interactive Community
BamBamBam

Whats different from the beta version from the full version?

You've got pre-Game editor and if you buy it in-game editor + Ressource archiver at least 

5 minutes ago, Hingis said:

You've got pre-Game editor and if you buy it in-game editor + Ressource archiver at least 

Can I edit Brazilian club names? If so, what are the steps? I see a Create-a-Club editor on the main screen but not an Editor in general... Thanks.

7 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Can I edit Brazilian club names? If so, what are the steps? I see a Create-a-Club editor on the main screen but not an Editor in general... Thanks.

You have to download the editor separately.  If you click on Games at the top of your Steam window, one of the subchoices is "Tools."  Download it from there.

3 minutes ago, suncrush said:

You have to download the editor separately.  If you click on Games at the top of your Steam window, one of the subchoices is "Tools."  Download it from there.

suncrush, thanks for the tip. Yes, I downloaded the editor.

My question is: what file should I load to change club names in a *current save* I'm playing?  

(FM updates had reverted Brazilian club names to three letters, and I want to rewrite that in the single game I'm in the middle already. Club names are fine in new game saves).

Thank you.

Just now, BamBamBam said:

But the actual game, there is no difference, right?

Main version fixes glitches from Beta. It's more solid. Other than that, it's the same thing. No unlocked game features (other than the Editor). It's worth the investment.

2 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

But the actual game, there is no difference, right?

There are always 'under the hood' changes and given the size of the update from beta to full game, there were a few... probably significant ones..

6 minutes ago, Welshace said:

There are always 'under the hood' changes and given the size of the update from beta to full game, there were a few... probably significant ones..

such as?...  (ok to guess. Just curious).

Absolutely a guess, as there isn't a change list for good reason..

But I've found stability to be much improved.. the UI is sharper too.

hello i have buy the game in pre order so i launch a game in beta version. How can i verify that i play now in the full game mode? And is my saved game in beta version ok for the full game ?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, milko38530 said:

hello i have buy the game in pre order so i launch a game in beta version. How can i verify that i play now in the full game mode? And is my saved game in beta version ok for the full game ?

Thanks

The Beta has a bar at the bottom that says "This is a Beta."

Yes, Beta saves will work in the full version, but if the full version made any changes that are set at game creation, those changes will not be reflected

They did fix a lot of bugs, smaller and bigger ones. Some of them just cosmetic others more important. What we see are just the builds that are going public. In development you have a lot more steps, it's like when you are doing incremental saves with a file you are working. The one who will receive the file will see Version 1 and Version 2, while there are also 1.1,1.2.,1.3 etc.

5 hours ago, swirlypop69 said:

Mine too...but irl :(

Happens to the best of us  :D

7 hours ago, jazzyboy said:

How many of you keep going with your beta saves? Any database changes with the full version?

Not sure about the bigger name players but definitely in the lower leagues, I've noticed a couple of players at Luton who have had attributes/positions changed since the beta for example.

9 hours ago, Welshace said:

Absolutely a guess, as there isn't a change list for good reason..

But I've found stability to be much improved.. the UI is sharper too.

I set up an unemployed holiday save, went to bed, back 7 hours later and I'd progressed 26 years. That's about 4 times faster than I'm used to. What's more, when i click on return from holiday it was immediately responsive.  Apart from the Brexit workpermit nightmare that greeted me, ensuring that my proposed career is unworkable until I can get a fix sorted, I'm extremely impressed.

11 hours ago, phd_angel said:

suncrush, thanks for the tip. Yes, I downloaded the editor.

My question is: what file should I load to change club names in a *current save* I'm playing? 

You must start a new game to use an edited database. If you want to edit an ongoing game you will need a 3rd part editor, such as FMRTE.

About Brazilian data, probably guys from FManager Brasil are already editing clubs names and colours.