• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/03/2017 at 00:34, Pretended said:

There we go.

SSAuxerre.PNG

Became the champions with 74 points which is Auxerre's highes points accumulated record as well as 22 wins replicating the highest wins in a season (I actually was on the brink of breaking that record as well until 81st minute of the last match).

At last, after so many versions of FM, I could establish a tactic that is effective from the first season for average teams too and does not break with version changes (at least for now).

Le cheers !

P.S. League leaders in goals conceded and the second best after Ajaccio in those scored with one goal difference.

I would love to try this too, please could you send me it? I am guessing no OI or changes in-game?

On 3/21/2017 at 21:29, Pretended said:

Hello,

An update from a new 17.3.1 game, halfway through the season:

table.PNG

Can't get any better than this where media thinks I would be "fighting to avoid relegation".

Plus, AJ Auxerre's finances are far worse than my previous team Vitesse.

@Pretended thanx for the amazing approach ... would please share the tactic coz I would like to have a look on the PI's and the corner routines.

Thank u in advance 

I think I'm quite close to cracking a Conte-inspired 3-4-3. It's not perfect (mainly because I'm doing it with Leyton Orient so the talent isn't really there) but it's effective and works in a similar manner.

I don't have screenshots at the moment (will try to upload some later), but it looks something like this:

Flexible/Fluid  Counter/Control (obviously dependent on who you are playing)

Shorter passing, play out of defence, play narrower, slightly higher defensive line

GK(d) - Distribute to centre backs

CB(d) x2

CB(st)

WBR(a) - shoot less often, stay wider

WBL(s) - shoot less often, stay wider

BBM(s) - shoot less often, close down more

CM(s) - shoot less often, dribble less

IFR(s)

IFL(a) - sometimes I use roam on him but not always

DLF(a)

The theory is that the middle centre back comes out to meet players, almost like a very deep defensive midfielder. The centre mids cover lots of ground in the middle of the park. Playing narrower means my inside forwards tuck in a lot more. I changed it to this because my striker was left isolated too often. He comes in deep to create space but still gets himself into scoring opportunities. The wing backs need to stay wide and create the width.

Like I said, it's not exact but it's working for me and is a good base to build from. If I've missed anything you want to know then just ask.

On 4/12/2017 at 12:37, poma said:

The only tactic that have worked for me and looks like Chelsea on the pitch is this one:

THE GODFATHER - Conte's 3-4-3

Cheers

THIS for sure.. closest I've seen to how they play and most effective.  I'm playing with a lower league side and the one change I've made is to drop the D-line to standard instead of slightly higher, otherwise it works a treat.  Best to find a tall DM to convert to the David Luiz BPD.

I think I'm pretty close with the shape. I've gone for a flat back 5 with wing backs either side on attack. Then two centre mids, two inside forwards and a defensive forward. This gives me the defensive shape of 5-4-1 but a 3-4-3 going forwards into attack. Still tweaking the team instructions but it's definitely effective defensively. I'll try and post screenshots of the average positions of my players at some point tomorrow or the weekend.

On 4/20/2017 at 22:53, OrientTillIDie said:

I think I'm pretty close with the shape. I've gone for a flat back 5 with wing backs either side on attack. Then two centre mids, two inside forwards and a defensive forward. This gives me the defensive shape of 5-4-1 but a 3-4-3 going forwards into attack. Still tweaking the team instructions but it's definitely effective defensively. I'll try and post screenshots of the average positions of my players at some point tomorrow or the weekend.

Nice, let's see some of that ;)

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:38, poma said:

Nice, let's see some of that ;)

I've made more changes now and I'm genuinely pretty happy with it. Like I said before, I'm playing as Orient so the quality of players is poor but it seems to work fairly well with them. I'm yet to give it a go with the likes of Chelsea. I've changed the CD stopper for a CD cover and it seemed to click a bit more. Also changing the Inside Forwards to Advanced Playmakers made a huge difference. I'm quite busy with work at the minute but will post screenshots ASAP.

Ok, halfway through my 2nd season in top flight with Auxerre.

ligue1ss2.png

Check the kind of schedule I survived. I am on an unbeaten run following the Marseille match I highlighted. (I field my second eleven for cup matches, mind you, hence the mediocre performance)

fikstur.PNG

Edited by Pretended

"Curtain comes down on Ligue 1" again and I get the ticket to Champions League.

ligue1ss3.png

Stupid point losses against anti-tactic Angers, failing to win vs. Monaco at home equals to a title missed.

Anyway, I am quite happy with the performance and I also should advise you to snap Abdulkarim Al-Qahtani for he is convertible to the kind of WBR this tactic makes better use of. At an "Awkward" level he made a total of 5 assists having arrived mid-season and one of those matches was where his low crosses caused the same guy to score two own goals.

Also, one thing I have finally figured out about the kind of striker (DLF(a)) you need that plays best with the tactic:

Go for one with nice physical attributes Acceleration, Agility, Balance need to be at least 13. Plus he needs to be aggressive enough to be able to surge forward as he picks the ball deep.

About PPMs, "Plays with back to goal" is the one you should go for while making your purchase or training afterwards. If you can add "Plays one-twos" to that (I am a huge fan of that) he'll be making pass&move plays thanks to his Acc-Agi-Bal combination of attributes enabling him to twist and turn effectively.

"Moves Into Channels" is also a nice bonus if you have the chance.

With such a prospective figure in mind, I loaned Pape Sané from Caen freshly relegated to Ligue 2, who ended up breaking the almighty Djibril Cisse's record of most goals for Auxerre with a whopping number of 27 goals at the end of the season, coming second only to Alexander Lacazette (29 goals). He was transfer-listed and his profile was so low level that the loan contract had a 300k buyout clause while his value was 5.75M at the end of the season.

Edited by Pretended

• 3 years later...
On 16/12/2016 at 09:19, Rashidi said:

Basically this is what I arrived at. Essentially you get to see Azpi link up with Kante in the midfield to attack transitions. Alonso is a DW because of necessity. It allows Hazard to bolt and Alonso arrives when the ball is in the attack phase. What I wanted to capture was Azpi, Hazard and Pedro. If Azpi's movements can't be replicated,  then it won't be true to his movement which is something that's important to me, since he now plays a big part in their defence to mid transitions. The PIs sit narrower on Hazard and Pedro effectively turn them into AMCs. Like I said its still a work in progress..note how I still use CM(S) in midfield...

Chelsea.jpg

@Rashidi I remembered this tactic from 3+ years ago bc of how well this tactic emulated Conte's Chelsea irl....and watching a lot of Favre's BVB system using Lukas Piszczek as a right-sided CB that can support the right flank or half-space on occasion. Same with Gasp's Atalanta 3-4-1-2/3-4-3 system with their RCB. 

Can't imagine using this exact tactic on FM20 ...considering that...what would you tweak if you would attempt to replicate it esp with the current ME?

Yep I was thinking the same using the IW esp for Pedro’s role. Maybe even Hazard too but that AP-A allows him to pop up basically everywhere even in the box. Would you leave David Luiz as a CD-Co just so he doesn’t stray too far nor spray wayward long balls lol? 

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Now that we have the WCB role for Azplicueta and Cahill, I think the thread deserves a new life. What do you guys think? 

I'm trying to be faithful to Conte's tactics and get results at the same time but it's not been easy. Low xG, very bad performances from my Hazard role(the treq, sometimes an AP(A) as well) and just woeful football overall. 

20220809151603_1.jpg