Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, T_Neumann said:

I did, I conceded two more goals anyway. And they didn't bring on any extra attackers.

And no, it's not a shame. I've identified the worst FM in years and got my money back. I'm not missing out on anything and the general consensus is with me.

Funny how no-one is taking me to task on any of the other criticisms I said by the way. Just really really poor stuff.

No you're right on reflection as it means we won't have to see you ranting on the forum for the next year.

The general consensus though is far from with you as most people feel its one of the best versions of FM with very few complaints on release.  The forum is probably the quietest its ever been in terms of issues which says a lot.

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

In the universe where you are the Liverpool manager. 

Penny dropping yet? 

Why do i have to chose international reputation if i want to manage Liverpool ? In previous versions it wasn't a problem setting a lower reputation and manage a big club. Just the fact that the board was more ruthless if you were on a poor set of results. I try to set my manager profile as close as i can to reality, setting an international reputation (former top footballer) doesn't seem right (feels like cheating). 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You're not seriously going to tell me none of the opposition goalscorers had a ratings boost when they scored? :lol:

Instead of putting words in my mouth why don't you try and offer some sort of reasoned defense or logical explanation? Instead you are just coming across like a fanboy.

1 minute ago, Georgik said:

Why do i have to chose international reputation if i want to manage Liverpool ? 

No-one has said you have to. However, go into a top job like that without a top reputation, and you have to expect a couple of players might test the water about moving on, How you subsequently handle that situation is up to you. 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No-one has said you have to. However, go into a top job like that without a top reputation, and you have to expect a couple of players might test the water about moving on, How you subsequently handle that situation is up to you. 

There weren't a couple. All first-team players (Clyne, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge), new signings aside, wanted to leave for another club. Milner, Mignolet, Origi and Ings were the only players that didn't want to leave (because no club was interested).

1 minute ago, T_Neumann said:

Instead of putting words in my mouth why don't you try and offer some sort of reasoned defense or logical explanation? Instead you are just coming across like a fanboy.

And there's the 'f' word, ticking all the boxes tonight, sir. 

I'm not putting words in your mouth, that's exactly what you said. 

No, but it was when I conceded 4 goals, owing to ratings and morale staying exactly the same across the board

How much clearer could you be? 

4 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

No you're right on reflection as it means we won't have to see you ranting on the forum for the next year.

The general consensus though is far from with you as most people feel its one of the best versions of FM with very few complaints on release.  The forum is probably the quietest its ever been in terms of issues which says a lot.

'Probably the quietest?' Nothing factual there is it. So I'll dismiss that with the same gusto you did me, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

And there's the 'f' word, ticking all the boxes tonight, sir. 

I'm not putting words in your mouth, that's exactly what you said. 

How much clearer could you be? 

Not clear enough for you to understand, obviously. Though that seems a ridiculously challenging task this evening. 

So this forum and in particular this thread isn't for airing grievances, according to a select few. Well if I wanted to do this via any of the games' social media pages they would direct me straight to this thread would they not?!

Ah whatever, what's done is done. Enjoy the game.

4 minutes ago, T_Neumann said:

'Probably the quietest?' Nothing factual there is it. So I'll dismiss that with the same gusto you did me, thanks.

You complained about FM15, you complained about FM16 and now here you are complaining about FM17.

I don't understand why you would continue to buy the game when you dislike it so much.

I'll leave it at that though as this is a feedback thread.

I've found another little feature that I really like.

In the past, whenever you delayed the confirmation of a transfer for a week, you had to wait until the end of that week before your next chance to confirm it. In FM17, you can now bring that confirmation screen up at any point during that week without having to delay longer than necessary. That is very useful if you have agreed to sign a player, but want to wait and see if a better transfer target will join you first before you confirm the deal.

1 minute ago, CFuller said:

I've found another little feature that I really like.

In the past, whenever you delayed the confirmation of a transfer for a week, you had to wait until the end of that week before your next chance to confirm it. In FM17, you can now bring that confirmation screen up at any point during that week without having to delay longer than necessary. That is very useful if you have agreed to sign a player, but want to wait and see if a better transfer target will join you first before you confirm the deal.

Never knew that, great addition. 

Yeah, I came across it while I was mulling over whether to sign Arouna Koné on a free transfer for Millwall. (And yes, I'm still in the middle of the first season. Everton released him in August.) I didn't in the end.

Results haven't been great for me of late, but I am still really enjoying this game, not least because I find it easier to see where we're going wrong and act accordingly. (The team report screen is like manna from heaven.) I haven't had a real long-term club save since FM13, but I've got a feeling that is going to change with FM17.

3 hours ago, Wells said:

Right there is this advice that come into your inbox, like player recruitment advice summary, and there is little settings icon to it that you can set it to none or report, monthly, daily e.t.c

So if I untick it, set it to not receive it about it, where can I set it on again?

I got it never mind ;)

Untitled.png

58 minutes ago, T_Neumann said:

If you want an honest opinion, you can send me a PM with the saved match as a pkm (hit result and click save match). I know those Jekyll/Hyde performances where either matches are turned on their head either at half time, or in Cups over two legged ties for the return rather well. The typically cause is one team either applying an unusual basic formation (=defensive shape) and/or pushing a lot of players upfield; and the AI manager making a switch mid-match (or for the return tie in a Cup) that now thoroughly exploits that holes.  For instance, are you aware of that central forwards don't much track back on FM ever since ca. FM 2014/2015, and have you ever monitored that? A couple of AI managers switch mid-match to three of them, which I personally dreaded since. Every AI manager has a couple of preferred formations, and several traits, which you can all edit in the database yourself. What can be criticized is that this seems to be happening at random intervals for everyone experiencing this, so the "punishment" seems completely random and out of the blue, rather than consistently. In an ideal FM, AI was this clever that it would specifically aim to exploit that right from the start, so that you knew you had some sorting out to do rather than it happening few and far between and you suddenly leaking goals like crazy.

I'd be interested too because of the talked about overhauls in AI manager in-match decision making, and if there could be something new to watch out for in this iteration too, still trying to gauge what's been changed myself. Thanks! Usually the root cause though has been as said either an unusual formation or not that much defensive cover, which then is likely to be exploited by a couple of possible AI switches mid-match. The high number of goals on both sides seems to be a clue, but 5 goals by your side scored in the first half too, as that sounds quite aggressively. From my experience this is tactical either way -- by both sides -- every time. As players would now sit into lots of space, or else this was impossible. Pep talks or anything happening in the dressing room have nowhere near that power that bad myth still attributes to them.

On 11/3/2016 at 23:07, Neil Brock said:

Please keep all your feedback for the Football Manager 2017 here.  As always all we ask if for everyone to keep their feedback constructive. Also if you come across any issues you think may be bugs, please take the time to raise them in our FM17 Bugs Forum.

Some helpful links which may be of use:

How to Activate FM17
FM17 FAQ

If you have any problems launching the game after install, please visit the technical section of our Football Manager 2017 FAQ

Many thanks and behalf at everyone at Sports Interactive, good luck managers!  

- 64x is having a spectacular effect on the games performance on my computer, and is much welcomed. Wish it had been here years ago (and perhaps the white knight apologist brigade will get off their high horse now about how it wouldnt bring any benefit and couldn't be done).

- On the back of having 2 career games running at the moment at 2 very different levels, there is a massive problem with player consistency (imo), and constantly having to change playing systems to get a result, I dont really think that this is realistic as most teams don't necessarily change their playing system seemingly randomly IRL.

- Goalkeepers are shockingly bad, and hiding it by coupling it with appalling finishing isn't doing much for the match engine.

- Serious effort needs to go into licensing, Brazil in particular is a horror to even just look at in game.

I mentioned this before but as I've been goofing around and starting up new random games, I have to say the new process of Choosing Nations, Leagues, etc, is atrociosuly slow. That wouldn't be nearly as annoying if it kept the settings you had previously. It takes 15 or 20 minutes to do exactly the same that took 30 seconds of FM16 and previous versions. When I click on a nation on the Choose Nation screen, it doesn't show up for like 10 seconds. So there's no way to simply click thru and select all of them you want quickly. Then you have to use the drop downs to adjust the leagues for each of those nations. Its painfully slow.

After just over 2 weeks, i've already reached my limit with 3D. FIX GOALKEEPER ANIMATIONS!!!!!! Year after year goalkeepers are an issue. This is by far the best 3D match engine again but games are too often ruined by witnessing appalling goalkeeping (or goalkeeping animations). 

36 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

I mentioned this before but as I've been goofing around and starting up new random games, I have to say the new process of Choosing Nations, Leagues, etc, is atrociosuly slow. That wouldn't be nearly as annoying if it kept the settings you had previously. It takes 15 or 20 minutes to do exactly the same that took 30 seconds of FM16 and previous versions. When I click on a nation on the Choose Nation screen, it doesn't show up for like 10 seconds. So there's no way to simply click thru and select all of them you want quickly. Then you have to use the drop downs to adjust the leagues for each of those nations. Its painfully slow.

Since 17.1 I think lag in general has come into the UI in certain places.  Hopefully a easy fix compared to other issues

Before I raise this as a bug, has anyone else noticed that if you play with a front two, the two players swap roles during the match without your instruction? 

For example, my current tactic utilises a target-man/poacher combination. These two roles are poles apart in terms of suitability for players. Yet about 15-20 mins into each match, I notice that the two swap round, so that my poacher is playing TM and vice versa, meaning I've got to go into tactics and change it. They jump back again a few times before the end of the match. It doesn't happen in every game, but when it does, it's really annoying. Anyone else noticed this? 

Firstly I'd like to say that I appreciate the work that SI put into the game making it the most realistic Football Management Sim on the market. I've always been a loyal fan of the series, bought the game every year and judging by the hours put in I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

However this is the first FM I've actually refunded. I didn't feel like the game had been a big enough evolution that I've been used to in the past. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game but it's good at best in my opinion. I guess for those who missed out on FM16 probably see this as a better game. However for me it's a Data Update + New Social Feed (which albeit is more modern then Subscriptions but I actually prefer Subs then Social) + New Staff Roles + New Contract Negotiation Stages.

But Training + Tactics remained the same and I feel since the series first started these have always had some sort of upgrade. To my amazement they'd be left untouched.

SI haven't lost a customer here, far from it as I'll still continue playing FM16 but they have lost a purchase as I look forward to seeing what FM18 brings.

Thanks,

Justified

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

Before I raise this as a bug, has anyone else noticed that if you play with a front two, the two players swap roles during the match without your instruction? 

For example, my current tactic utilises a target-man/poacher combination. These two roles are poles apart in terms of suitability for players. Yet about 15-20 mins into each match, I notice that the two swap round, so that my poacher is playing TM and vice versa, meaning I've got to go into tactics and change it. They jump back again a few times before the end of the match. It doesn't happen in every game, but when it does, it's really annoying. Anyone else noticed this? 

Im in my second season though have only played with 2 strikers during my second season (played almost 30 games). I have 2 different 3-5-2 formations, one with a target man and one with DLF and with neither have i noticed this happening. Will keep an eye out though. Players do end up in different positions as you'd expect but not noticed roles being swapped

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There is a swap position Personal instruction. I assume you haven't got that ticked by mistake? I've never seen players swapping in my saves.,

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I did notice that in one of my games.
I was fiddling around a bit during a bad game, trying to improve. Figured i could manually swap my to strikers.
Swapped them and after about 5 minutes in-game they swapped back again. Didn't think much about it at first until
i checked the tactics again and they had swapped back. Not understanding what had happened i manually swapped them again, thinking i've bunged it up somehow.
Just before the end of that match i saw that they had swapped again, from my last manual swap.
I don't have any instructions set to have them swap with eachother, yet they did so anyway.

Only happened that one game though, as far as i'm aware.

Just now, Per Annum said:

There is a swap position Personal instruction. I assume you haven't got that ticked by mistake? I've never seen players swapping in my saves.,

Aaah good shout, that's exactly what it was. I remember having that set up before I tweaked the current tactic to have a TM. Nice spot, sir. 

2 hours ago, roykela said:

What does 'contextual advice' do? What's the difference between yes and no?

Well.. imho that's one of the best additions to FM17.

The contextual advice are the "flashing" info popups about things you should consider.

For example if your assistant thinks that a player will become unhappy with his playing time.

1 minute ago, DP said:

Does anyone get injuries in a game where a player has to be substituted?

I've gone half a season and have had no player that's had to go off injured. 

Have I just been fortunate?

Yes, I've had two I think this season.

1 minute ago, DP said:

Yes... I'm playing with "Much more closing down" and in the last season I had a handful of in-game injuries.

But my impression is that the amount of injuries is rather  low.

I play in La Liga and usually no team has more than 6 or 7 injuries at a time.

Even if I've lost my main goalkeeper last week for 5 months :D

I had a high tempo, closing down tactic, and got far more injuries than my lower tempo, sit deep tactic, interestingly.

On the subject of that, I've tried for a couple of years to have a "shitfest/Tony Pulis" tactic that works, just because it intrigues me whether its effective in game. This year seems like the first time its actually a realistic approach.

qb3t4By.png

Its immensely pleasing.

Just now, Romanista. said:

a few players seem to have a very sudden change in value. i had Leandro Castan go from 7.5Mil value to 625K value in 1 day.

I've noticed rather sudden drops in value of players, but its usually when their contract enters the final six months.

41 minutes ago, DP said:

Yes, my goalkeeper broke his wrist during a match.

Further on to the ''Team meeting' being unavailable until the end of Pre-Season, this includes the Scottish LL's who have Cup Games prior to the league starting others have CL & EL games to play. Why wouldn't a new Manager have a ''Team Meeting'' as soon as he gets the job or during a Pre-Season?

Archived