Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, since the last update 17.2.1 I have two problems.

1) When Starting the game, when it stands about a minute on "Loading" translated in different languages,

just at the end of the loading, just before opening the main page, I have an error, that however

lets me play the game without sensible consequences. I copy-paste a part of the ERROR MESSAGE:

XML parsing error!: syntax error at line 1 of

><?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<panel>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top, horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<container class="plain_box" height="60">
    <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1, 1, 30" gap="10" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="8" layout_children="true" />

<container class="plain_box" height="30">
      <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left" offset="5" gap="0" />
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<container height="30">
      <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="20, -1, 20" alignment="left" offset="5" gap="0" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- search button -->
        <widget class="icon_button" id="nefi" show_button_appearance="false" icon="icons/16px/search" width="20" height="20">
          <record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="inbox_icons" />
          <event id="click_event">
            <flags id="event_id" value="keyp" />
            <flags id="event_target" value="nwsf" />
            <flags id="code" value="13" />
          </event>
        </widget>

ETC. ETC.

2) When I am playing and I want to recharge a previous save game, at least 50% of the times I have an ERROR that freezes and shuts down the game.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, faber83 said:

1) When Starting the game, when it stands about a minute on "Loading" translated in different languages,

just at the end of the loading, just before opening the main page, I have an error, that however

lets me play the game without sensible consequences. I copy-paste a part of the ERROR MESSAGE:

<panel>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top, horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="8" layout_children="true" />

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="left" offset="5" gap="0" />
      <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<container height="30">
      <layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="20, -1, 20" alignment="left" offset="5" gap="0" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!-- search button -->
        <widget class="icon_button" id="nefi" show_button_appearance="false" icon="icons/16px/search" width="20" height="20">
          <event id="click_event">
          </event>
        </widget>

ETC. ETC.

2) When I am playing and I want to recharge a previous save game, at least 50% of the times I have an ERROR that freezes and shuts down the game.

Hi faber83,

Could you please post about these issues in one of the below:

PC - https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/ 

Mac/Linux - https://community.sigames.com/forum/514-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-mac-or-linux/ 

The right people will then be able to help you out.

Cheers,
Seb.

3 hours ago, faber83 said:

<panel>

<container height="30">

<!-- search button -->
          <event id="click_event">
          </event>
        </widget>

ETC. ETC.

The first error is pretty self explanatory.  Does it mention a file?  It's saying there's a parse error at line 1.  There's an extra > in the first character that's breaking that.  You've either edited something manually or downloaded something a bit broken.  If you change that file, that'll work.

I only registered for the first time today, having played every version since CM2, taking a break at FM13 and coming back for FM17.

My feedback is that you guys are doing a bloody good job, and I cannot believe some of the negativity on this forum! Please keep up the good work, and whatever you do... leave in the 2D match engine. I never bother with the 3D one, and cannot see any reason why I'd change from 2D. The way the players ping it around is especially fun to watch in this version.

Thanks.

I think it's silly to have special relationships (brother/father, etc) as something that needs to be scouted. For example Thorgan Hazard. EVERYONE knows he's Eden's brother, but I have to scout him to find that out? Just annoying more than anything and doesn't make sense to me.

43 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

I think it's silly to have special relationships (brother/father, etc) as something that needs to be scouted. For example Thorgan Hazard. EVERYONE knows he's Eden's brother, but I have to scout him to find that out? Just annoying more than anything and doesn't make sense to me.

I'd never heard of Thorgan Hazard.

50 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

When using attribute masking you're essentially asking the game to hide real world knowledge so in that context not immediately knowing that two players are related makes sense, that is of course unless you're either player's manager.

1 hour ago, Barside said:

When using attribute masking you're essentially asking the game to hide real world knowledge so in that context not immediately knowing that two players are related makes sense, that is of course unless you're either player's manager.

I agree and I like having to use scouting to find out attributes and most other info. But for stuff like familial relationships I disagree that it makes sense. Say I'm a scout having a look at a youngster who has a brother playing in Bundesliga or something. That'd be one of the first things I'd know about the player. Oh did you know X player has a brother in Germany?

Or how about this, if someone with a familial relationship is in your team, their relative's info screen should show just that before scouting them. Granit Xhaka's brother Taulant should show that they're brothers on Taulant's screen.

11 hours ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Never noticed that this wasn't revealed in the profiles by default until you brought it up. :D Out of interest, are those relationships, in particular family, treated and recoginzed in any particular way? On more recent I noted that Ribery jun. did react real badly when I criticized Ribery F. sen. with both of them in the line-up and the dressing room. Might have been a coincidence, but I'm honestly not sure.

Those Crack me up, little buddy. :D (pun intended)

INTGQlL.jpg

I'd say this is the best FM I've played so far. My thoughts:

1. Team instructions and player roles seem more effective than usual.

2. Point 1 depends entirely on getting the right players too. Lacking certain attributes in a role seems to affect the execution even more. Used to be able to put whoever i want in a role, but underperforming if they're not the best at it is magnified.

3. I see a lot more individual brilliant games from players.

Overall, i find the game easier in a sense, and reasons for things working/not working much clearer on the match engine.

Good job devs!

22 hours ago, WhoPutTheBallInTheCarlisleNet? said:

I'd never heard of Thorgan Hazard.

But if you google "Eden Hazard" you'd learn that he has a brother who plays for Monchengladbach on the first page.  That's, like, the bare minimum of scouting.  They're both Belgian internationals, even.

A few things I have noticed (using 3D view):

GKs make no effort to reduce the angle in certain situations making it easy for player to score:  34:35 & 88:56

Defender gives away corner like this, happens alot, hardly ever seen it at any level:  53:05

GK frozen in animation when time wasting (haha yes I know a tiny detail):  88:00

Generally although passing is much more realistic than it was in that it is much less "pingy", some passes still seem "arrowed" with inch perfect accuracy through the air to players.

Linesman still are very slow to give offside decisions - I find this a bit frustrating and not like irl.  It's like the game is playing with you, trying to increase suspense but it's a bit annoying.  I think generally offside decisions should happen quickly.  I've always thought they've been way too delayed in previous versions and is still the same in this version:  87:15

Hearts Under 20s v St. Mirren Under 20s.pkm

I'm really enjoying this game so far and I would definitely recommend it. 

Pros:

1. Right-backs are no longer overpowered and wingers/full-backs don't shoot from the byline anymore.

2. ‘Scout until full knowledge’ is very useful. I also love the fact that the board have separate confidence in transfers than the fans. It makes it more realistic that I have the fans annoyed at me for selling a star player but the board are happy because we made a profit. Also, transfers in FM16 almost always started on 50% fan confidence unless you got an absolute bargain (60% confidence) or signed a player from a rival (35% confidence). Now, it's a lot more fluid and fans can start with 65%, 70%, 45% confidence depending on their initial opinion of the player.

3. I don't know if this was in previous FMs but I sold a player and the fans were disappointed at first. I checked it again a few (in game) weeks later and they were happy with the deal due to the players poor performances for the club I sold him to. Very nice touch and adds to the realism.

4. Better graphics and more comprehensive backroom advice. Pre-match team summaries are a good balance of detailed but understandable. 

5. Better A.I.

Cons:

1. Social media feed is good but definitely needs improvement. Too much repetition of comments.

2. Goalkeepers make slightly too many mistakes. 

Is there an issue with signing young Brazilians? Every one I scout says "would fail to get a work permit", have the rules changed from England making it harder to sign young talented Brazilians? I thought you could get special dispensation if they were talented?

18 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Is there an issue with signing young Brazilians? Every one I scout says "would fail to get a work permit", have the rules changed from England making it harder to sign young talented Brazilians? I thought you could get special dispensation if they were talented?

Yes the FA changed work permit rules last year.

It was announced in 2015 and there is no special dispensation any more.

I would link the site that summarised the new rules but it hasn't been working for a week or so.

On 20.01.2017 at 19:13, Firehouse said:

I can't sign non-EU players for my Italian Serie A team, but I signed only Italians last and this season.

Could it be that Lapadula counts as non-EU as he represented Peru internationally (he still have Italian citizenship), or is this bug?

Lapadula doesn`t count as non-EU, because he has Italian passport, and he was signed from Pescara, only the number of non-EU players signed from abroad is limited. Were there any co-ownerships or loans becoming permanent deals (common practice in Italy) that you might`ve missed?

No. I'm playing as Atalanta, and as I said, I only bought Italian players. I have got only Kessie, Gomez, Toloi and now Lapadula who are not Italian, although everyone except Toloi has Italian passport. Co-ownerships are banned :D , and I only loaned Locatelli.

12 minutes ago, Davey Boy said:

Is any else having trouble with fullbacks and wingers not crossing the ball? I sometimes get a cross completion of 0% from BOTH wingers.

0% doesn't mean they aren't crossing, it means they haven't connected with an attacker during the match.

You need to be clear whether your problem is them not crossing or not connecting with the crosses.

So, just finished my season and went to see penalties conversion because I am missing so many pens that I really am not even happy when my team gets awarded one. It is ridicilous. 

Anyway, in the league there were 66 penalties awarded and 42 scored. I don't know the real world percentages but to me this seems to many misses.

2 hours ago, luka_ said:

So, just finished my season and went to see penalties conversion because I am missing so many pens that I really am not even happy when my team gets awarded one. It is ridicilous. 

Anyway, in the league there were 66 penalties awarded and 42 scored. I don't know the real world percentages but to me this seems to many misses.

On average it's about 75%, so you might expect to see 49 of those 66 converted 

Was brought up by another guy in the ME bug section already (inadvertedly), but the AI tactical extremes, they're still taken too readily in my opinion. It's ok that they are there, but when outside of hopeless mismatches in international football (say Gibraltar vs Spain) have you seen a side sitting 5, 6 men behind the ball and keeping them there from minute 1 to 90 (with the option that they may still spring "to life" later on by a change. As long as that is the case, unless the opponent has its back doors wide open, attacks are easily intercepted. Completely one-sided matches (and match stats) are a given then, at least until a possible mid-match switch comes.

Gors31M.jpg

It makes em somewhat hardish to break down, as guys sitting back is guys sitting back, even though on a stats level FM has never once shown how good the remaining shots really are, the introduction of clear cuts or half chances has arguably made this even worse (the super keeper myth when in 9 cases out of 10 the keeper typically isn't even much tested in such uploads, and keeper ratings getting bumped alongside the masses of easy saves alongside to it). I still think it's unrealistic to see this in competitive league matches for such prolonged periods of play. That's half a team sitting back, and wishing the remaining guys well, purely focused on not conceding 100% and not committing forward anybody.

On 1/21/2017 at 20:03, Adam Dunbar said:

A few things I have noticed (using 3D view):

GKs make no effort to reduce the angle in certain situations making it easy for player to score:  34:35 & 88:56

Defender gives away corner like this, happens alot, hardly ever seen it at any level:  53:05

GK frozen in animation when time wasting (haha yes I know a tiny detail):  88:00

Generally although passing is much more realistic than it was in that it is much less "pingy", some passes still seem "arrowed" with inch perfect accuracy through the air to players.

Linesman still are very slow to give offside decisions - I find this a bit frustrating and not like irl.  It's like the game is playing with you, trying to increase suspense but it's a bit annoying.  I think generally offside decisions should happen quickly.  I've always thought they've been way too delayed in previous versions and is still the same in this version:  87:15

Hearts Under 20s v St. Mirren Under 20s.pkm

The match engine animation doesn't represent 100 percent what's going on, you still need to interpret it. 

Example: GK not closing the angle. Why does that happen? I can't check his stats, but as a youth player I assume he has poor positioning, anticipation, decisions, shot stopping, probably low determination and concentration too. The easiest way to reflect those attributes is to show him in a terrible position in the animation.

If you're taking what you see and interpret it as watching a FIFA game, you're going to have a hard time.

10 hours ago, backpocket said:

If you're taking what you see and interpret it as watching a FIFA game, you're going to have a hard time.

There's limitations, glitches, bugs and inherently coded behavior, but at the same time, doing the adverse will also lead to tons of frustrations. Because, 99% of the time, what is transpiring is exactly what is going on, including second by second on and off the ball player positioning (everybody who's ever filed a bug report may be aware of this). Hence my previous posts and my on-going case of judging shots for yourself, rather than blindly following stats (in particular on FM level of stats -- but if you're so focused on them, let's repeat that a side that is closing in on 15 corners a match is very rarely a good sign in the game, indicating masses of shots in no space usually, oddly none of the stats fans seems to react to that, when it's a rarity in real football, where the top sides despite parking into oppositions half average no more than 7).

For instance:

- A centre back stepping out of the line all the time isn't a computerized arbitrary way of showing a defender who has made a bad decision necessarily, it happens constantly if there is no protection in front of the back line and he's called in to clean up the mess instead.

- A central midfielder constantly caught out of position isn't an arbitrary way of showing a midfielder making bad decisions, it can constantly happen if he's given the duty to run forward on each attack asap

- a central forward not overly much tracking back isn't an arbitrary way of showing a forward with low work rate -- it's for the most part the way forwards are coded into the game currently in general, affecting play (and results) on both end of the pitches when they just stay forward (on the one hand, they're typically not overly much involved with defending, on the other, multiple forwards are a decent outlet for any break upon any interception).

In each of those you can do something logically about it, even in the last one (by putting a forward on manually man marking duty -- or putting one of them in the AMC slot). In the keeper case it is likely a mix of bugs, and behavior and limited 3d mo-cap animations to the optionally 3d player model... but the actually decisions and positioning all that, that's genuine. Hence there's likely quite a few guys (including me) arguing that the game were to benefit long-term if there was an advisor off some stature taken on board -- Ray Houghton had been a field player, same as due to the nature of the sports, the majority of players are (10 places for outfield players in a line-up, but one for a keeper). I found it interesting and revealing that in each of the last keeper biographies I read, in each of them it was touched upon at some point how TV punditry (typically ex field players) assesses keeper performances often quite odd ways. :)

What do you guys think about the IWBs in this match engine? There's been a bit of talk around that they're slightly overpowered, and I would tend to agree. I mean, I'm really enjoying messing around with them, and I think they were a great addition to the latest ME. I've integrated one in my system to compensate for other movements, and create an interesting overload in midfield. Andy Cannon's been killing it for me at Conference/League 2 level (I'm not sure the IWB was thought-off as appropriate for that level!).

What I would like to know is, why are them so good, there's got to be a drawback somewhere, why is that drawback missing in the ME. I don't think the IWB's movement by itself is too good or incorrect (maybe they're slightly too good at recovering position, but that's it), and I wouldn't like to see it dramatically changed. What I think is happening, is that it's manifestating a flaw that's been there for a few versions of FM. 

In real life, Guardiola's IWBs make his team prone to quick diagonal balls to high-up wingers. I find it that in FM, the AI rarely attempts this strategy to counter my IWBs; and it also seems a bit difficult to execute this strategy anyway - quick long diagonal passes seem a bit too inaccurate (although obviously they'll depend on passing skills), and wingers/IFs might just track back a wee bit too much even when fully freed up on an Attack role, Structured shape. I sometimes try to use this strategy myself, to try to catch out teams that overcommit their attacking fullbacks, but it's a bit hit-and-miss. 

Or is the missing drawback, that it's slightly too easy to overload midfields with extra players in this ME, full stop, regardless of whether it's a IWB or something else? I think it was @Svenc, who mentioned earlier somewhere that with narrow formations, even a 4 vs 3 extra man advantage in midfield seems really pronounced now. That man will be missing somewhere else, but there should be more diminishing returns the more midfielders we put in the field. A 3 vs 2 in midfield is very noticeable in real life, a 4 vs 3 should be a little less so, a 5 vs 4 even less, etc. 

I would also like to see the IWB role less hardcoded, with the possibility we could tweak things further. It has like 6 or 7 instructions set on by default and unable to be dropped, this seems too specific. I don't want mine to "dribble more", for example, I want mine to purely help overload the midfield as an extra passing lane, not to hog the ball themselves and dribble past players. Basically, for them to behave merely like a CM/S or a BBM/S in possession. I don't watch many Man City matches but don't believe Guardiola, when he uses the role, tells the likes of Zabaleta to try to dribble past everyone infield? And either way we should be able to experiment with different interpretations of the role other than Guardiola's.

On 22/1/2017 at 10:45, Cougar2010 said:

0% doesn't mean they aren't crossing, it means they haven't connected with an attacker during the match.

You need to be clear whether your problem is them not crossing or not connecting with the crosses.

Sorry, cross completion.

19 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

@noikeee I'd be keen to see what significant benefits you get from them for them to be overpowered... and what system you use it in. But don't want to Hijack the feedback thread. Post it in Tactics first to get a gauge there?

For a start my IWB gets really good ratings for me, though that's a small sample and ratings don't necessarily mean much.

The system I use is this. I use Cannon from the right-back position as IWB, as a 4th midfielder essentially, causing confusion in the opposition midfield (who marks this extra player?), and freeing up the CM/A to join the attack, as the IWB slots in his place. In fact thanks to his "gets further forward" PPM he sometimes goes as high as the CM/A does, and joins the attack himself. 

However, if he's there upfront he's got to be missing at the back. But this is not exploited by the AI. Essentially it's as if I've got an extra player. I get one extra player to attack but don't miss this player whilst defending.

Obviously this is a bit of an exaggerated version, as I've got my whole system carefully balanced on purpose to ensure I don't get over-exposed on transitions. But the slight imbalance/exploit is there.

57 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Or is the missing drawback, that it's slightly too easy to overload midfields with extra players in this ME, full stop, regardless of whether it's a IWB or something else? I think it was @Svenc, who mentioned earlier somewhere that with narrow formations, even a 4 vs 3 extra man advantage in midfield seems really pronounced now.

I haven't tried IWBs personally, never did so in previous much, so can't say much on that. But if they help to flood the middle of the park, that could definitely impact. It's due to central midfielders getting isolated (the wide defensive positioning of the wide midfielders coded to watch the wide spaces isolating them, central midfielders bunching together, plus central forwards not putting much of a foot in to support from positions in front of them). If you have man advantage here, that is always at least one guy completely unchecked. That can be a 3vs 2 advantage, a 4vs2 a 5vs3 what have you, and it is very much real. You see this popping up in the downloads sphere of tactics too now... more recent in the German community somebody posted a strikerless one flooding the middle of the pitch, which coupled with a few possession based TIs allowed him to have an average of 64% of possession in La Liga, topping the poss table and "statistically" dominating Manchester United out in Europe in their own back yard (United having like 25% of possession)... with Real Betis first season. As often usual with anything dominating stats, the measures to get there decrease the likelyhood of scoring, even if shots still come off it (they are then mostly from set piece play... or generally no space as the area of play needs to be made so small to get there). So on FM too, dominating stats like that is by no means a sign of dominating in itself, and this was no different, though it generally allowed the guy to overachieve. As his opposition had so few off the ball, they didn't have much opportunity to get forward. However I don't want to drag this there, the whole thing seems under review. :) As for IWBs as said, no idea.

8 minutes ago, noikeee said:

For a start my IWB gets really good ratings for me, though that's a small sample and ratings don't necessarily mean much.

The system I use is this. I use Cannon from the right-back position as IWB, as a 4th midfielder essentially, causing confusion in the opposition midfield (who marks this extra player?), and freeing up the CM/A to join the attack, as the IWB slots in his place. In fact thanks to his "gets further forward" PPM he sometimes goes as high as the CM/A does, and joins the attack himself. 

However, if he's there upfront he's got to be missing at the back. But this is not exploited by the AI. Essentially it's as if I've got an extra player. I get one extra player to attack but don't miss this player whilst defending.

Obviously this is a bit of an exaggerated version, as I've got my whole system carefully balanced on purpose to ensure I don't get over-exposed on transitions. But the slight imbalance/exploit is there.

I see ... odd that it does it for full backs ... iwb should be for wb strata only (so should the wb role)

because then the offset is you probably need 3cbs or double pivot in midfield... so you fill the cm role with your auxiliary. no wonder it's overpowered, or seems overpowered, if you can have a stable back 4 defending then those fullbacks become cms in attack.

EDIT - also do you find that the stats of the player need to change... i.e. is Cannon someone you've isolated as perhaps having general qualities that suit both CM and RB... or is he an out and out RB and the role is so good they can just cope when they get into CM positions?

19 minutes ago, westy8chimp said:

I see ... odd that it does it for full backs ... iwb should be for wb strata only (so should the wb role)

because then the offset is you probably need 3cbs or double pivot in midfield... so you fill the cm role with your auxiliary. no wonder it's overpowered, or seems overpowered, if you can have a stable back 4 defending then those fullbacks become cms in attack.

EDIT - also do you find that the stats of the player need to change... i.e. is Cannon someone you've isolated as perhaps having general qualities that suit both CM and RB... or is he an out and out RB and the role is so good they can just cope when they get into CM positions?

I don't have enough experience with more players to answer you, Cannon's been ever-present for me in the role ever since I hired him. I did target him for his specific skills doubling up as FB and CM.

But others are reporting excellent performances from IWBs as well in other contexts - see this blog post from Strikerless. His usage of IWBs differs from mine as he wants them to cut inside to dribble like a IF.

9 hours ago, Svenc said:

Because, 99% of the time, what is transpiring is exactly what is going on, including second by second on and off the ball player positioning (everybody who's ever filed a bug report may be aware of this).

Huh, I've always thought it was down to animation limitations. Been seeing bad angle covering since the past FM's, but the ones that tend to do that are relatively poor keepers, so I've always assumed that.

By the way, am I the only one who sees players controlling a ball, then it slides behind them? I've seen goalies do it, when they set the ball down after holding it, then it just moves behind them for awhile. I'm assuming this is just representation of a poor touch, but I'm starting to think I should submit a bug report when I see it again...

15 hours ago, backpocket said:

Huh, I've always thought it was down to animation limitations. Been seeing bad angle covering since the past FM's, but the ones that tend to do that are relatively poor keepers, so I've always assumed that.

By the way, am I the only one who sees players controlling a ball, then it slides behind them? I've seen goalies do it, when they set the ball down after holding it, then it just moves behind them for awhile. I'm assuming this is just representation of a poor touch, but I'm starting to think I should submit a bug report when I see it again...

I see that regularly - I wouldn't say it's poor touch, even with touch 0 you would know to put the ball in front of you not just walk past it two yards.

8 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

I see that regularly - I wouldn't say it's poor touch, even with touch 0 you would know to put the ball in front of you not just walk past it two yards.

So it's a bug? I thought if it wasn't intended, it would've been fixed by now.

7 minutes ago, backpocket said:

So it's a bug? I thought if it wasn't intended, it would've been fixed by now.

id say its a bug/limitation ... in as much as people ghosting through the net etc ... minor and always exist and not really worth the time to log it and provide pkms as they must see it enough in testing and not be able to fix it?

1 hour ago, westy8chimp said:

id say its a bug/limitation ... in as much as people ghosting through the net etc ... minor and always exist and not really worth the time to log it and provide pkms as they must see it enough in testing and not be able to fix it?

I've seen the bug work in my favour: opposing keeper bugs the ball behind him, for some reason he doesn't react and my forward runs in and taps it in.

There were some close calls on my side, but what'll happen for my GK is he clears it out in time.

Just had a weird one. Managing Fulham 1st season, loan in Mason Holgate from Everton. Just got a message that he out for 6-8 weeks due to injury sustained in under 23 match against Spurs. Couple of things:

He is not available for the under 23s

My under 23s did not play Spurs

When looking into this further it turns out he was injured playing for Evertons under 23 team against Spurs the previous day even tho he on a season long loan with me !!

• SI Staff
Just now, AndersBC said:

Just had a weird one. Managing Fulham 1st season, loan in Mason Holgate from Everton. Just got a message that he out for 6-8 weeks due to injury sustained in under 23 match against Spurs. Couple of things:

When looking into this further it turns out he was injured playing for Evertons under 23 team against Spurs the previous day even tho he on a season long loan with me !!

This would be worth raising in here accompanied by a save before and after the issue occurred - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Cheers,
Seb.

3 hours ago, AndersBC said:

Isn't there an option in loan deals that says a player can play for the parent clubs reserves?

Has anyone else seen this problem?  Player takes penalty, ball strikes the woodwork and comes back out and everyone reacts bar the spot kick taker.  It's happened to me twice now and I thought it was just one of those things the first time it happened but on both occasions the spot kick taker just stands still even though he is in the perfect position to knock in the rebound.

Ignore, idiot alert!!!  :rolleyes:

Archived