Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

44 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

If you believe that you might as well stop playing.

The FM ME is completely independent and doesn't know whether an AI or human manager gives the instructions.  If the AI teams are doing something you aren't that is entirely down to you.

You can play the blame game as much as you want but that doesn't change the facts.

What I have seen is enough actually, and am not the only one so you can say whatever you like it doesn't also change the fact that you will still lose by 1 shot on target regularly.

Also I won't be surprised that you are in every thread or discussion whenever someone talks something negative about fm whether transfers, brexit.. take a break.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Wells said:

What I have seen is enough actually, and am not the only one so you can say whatever you like it doesn't also change the fact that you will still lose by 1 shot on target regularly.

Also I won't be surprised that you are in every thread or discussion whenever someone talks something negative about fm whether transfers, brexit.. take a break.

If it happens to you and not the AI, its something you need to look into

if if happens to you and not other users, it's something to look into. 

And you'll definitely want to refrain from having digs at other users.

He's actually spot on about how it works

13 minutes ago, Wells said:

Yes, I respond when I see people giving factually incorrect information because that affects others.

I don't really care what you do but people spreading false information has been an issue for many years within the FM community and to stem the tide others need to pick it up & correct it for the good of the community.

^ This needs adressing as it distracts from the actually issues. After all, top AI teams facing defensive AI are often also affected, as they can do weird stuff on the occasion, which can make them underperform (Guardiola off his 4-1-4-1 in particular off previous, isolating his forwards or playing that aggressive that he's hit by easy balls over the top multiple times a match).

39 minutes ago, Wells said:

Whether things happen more oftently in the game than in football is debatable. Against cautious AI opponents, I can grind out 0-0 draws in sequence, like 7-8 of them, never ever happens in football. Similar there is players that go on runs of several hundred matches unbeaten. This one only happens regularly if those shots are poor on average (not every single one of them, necessarily). There is vitable feedback missing, for instance, where shots are coming from (as argued in my big post above). I haven't had this for years. If you want to, you can look at every review of every bad player of the game who has this, link up with them and have a moan with them. Doesn'T change the fact that some have this and others don't. Wonder what the difference is. So, technically, there are solutions. Whether you deem them to be realistic is another matter.

The last time somebody showed me his matches, he'd been ranting about this for years, it showed that his shots were actually up to 80% from outside of the box. However, even if they are from within the box, we don't have a stat which shows which one would be from open play or from set pieces, which is crucial as set pieces have boxes packed and forwards marked. I won't stop demanding this to be in the game until it is put in, as it is a major source of frustration, at least if you realized that having like 80, 90 per cent of your shots all coming from set pieces wouldn't be that good a sign. At to this the fluff that is flagged a chance by the algorithm (and which isn't), there you go. The worst you could do was turning this into a contest who has the most possession and shots (and conclude of dominating both = en route to greatness), as against AI tactcis sitting deep you will dominate both anyway... or the  you playing online and a human player sitting deep. It's then all about the quality or lack thereof. You wouldn'T be the first who had hit on an actually bug, though. Last year somebody had his wing backs told to man mark the opposing wingers. There was a bug, as whenever the ball was turned over, the wing backs gifted them acceleration space and never caught up with them, which meant the op wingers arrived in the box unmarked multiple times, which made the opposition conversion rates going completely through the roof despite matches "statistically" looking square. Still have a vid of this [focus purely on the wide players and what happens once the ball is turned over on both flanks, the players gifted space are the ones that would set up the goals due to being unmarked].

However, in 99% of all cases, the shots aren't that quality, and sitting top forwards up top has never been a solution for the type of shots created in the ME. 5 goals off 5 SOT could mean you have a bug though, so might be worth an upload.

@themadsheep2001 

It maybe okay, but tell me why are there many negative reviews about this issue? I can post them more than 20+ here but I am not going to do it anyway.

What I have done serves the purpose of the thread, I haven't seen this occurred regularly in FM 16 and I feel it happens a lot in this version, so if SI wants they can look at it to see if there is problem or not, it's their decision, am just giving feedback after all.

13 minutes ago, Wells said:

@themadsheep2001 

It maybe okay, but tell me why are there many negative reviews about this issue? I can post them more than 20+ here but I am not going to do it anyway.

What I have done serves the purpose of the thread, I haven't seen this occurred regularly in FM 16 and I feel it happens a lot in this version, so if SI wants they can look at it to see if there is problem or not, it's their decision, am just giving feedback after all.

Since you didn't have those in FM 2016, those reviews (and rants, and threads) have existed ever since the dawn of the game, including 2016 too. And that was back then, when AI tactics always worked upon were fairly simplistic/poor, or when marking off set pieces was bugged enough that even if you had every single shot off set piece play, there'd likely be a goal in there that would have saved you the day. So this is nothing new, which is why it's adressed in a particular way. It's oft annoying, it offers excuses gladly taken by technically "worse" players of a game to rant and blame own failings to get to grips with all on said game, and it's distracting from genuinelly issues there may be. What is new is that you experience this for the first time apparently, and look at those reports as confirmation that it's something with the game. It may be, if you want them to have a look, by all means go ahead, there can be actually bugs (see my post). However posting screenshots of statistics or reporting match stats won't do, as it's the second by second play which may include bugs and odd AI decisions that would eventually make for the results. If you're frustrated by that, you have nothing to lose anyhow!

6 minutes ago, Wells said:

@themadsheep2001 

It maybe okay, but tell me why are there many negative reviews about this issue?

Because people don't understand how the game works. 

I had the same issue myself in my current save. I was having chance after chance, dominating games, and the AI teams were regularly scoring with few chances. Thing is, I fully understand there is no ME bias towards the AI as it's the same for both. So, instead of moaning about it (although I did have a mini-rant further up the thread :D ), I'm trying to fix it. My outlook is if the AI can be mega efficient in front of goal, then so can I. And if my team can squander chances in front of goal, so can the AI. I just need to work out how to change the dynamic in my favour. 

I posted this on reddit but I've got to share it some more.  It's just completely made FM17 for me irrespective of the small flaws that will hopefully get fixed.

Picture the scene. You took over a club who had been battling relegation in each of its last six seasons. You make minimal transfers due to the financial situation but somehow find yourself in 3rd place as the season approaches it's finale. You lose your second to last game of the campaign and now find yourself faced with the dreaded lottery of the playoffs. You know York won't lose their final game to an underperforming Shrewsbury Town.

You go into the final day hoping for the best and against all odds the result you needed to go your way is as Shrewsbury begin taking apart York but you still need to live up to your side of the bargain.

Your star man gets sent off after half an hour and the scores are still tied 0-0. You're stood on the sideline unsure what to do so soon into a must win match and so you hold firm. You allow Cambridge to attack, attack, attack and hope to counter. You head into stoppage time, you know York have lost 5-1 but you're too busy watching the drama on the pitch as a little ruckus see's Cambridge reduced to ten themselves.

Your last attack. Victory brings automatic promotion.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abA5VKwpkCo

OOF!

I'm still buzzing hours later. :D

20 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

rrent save. I was having chance after chance, dominating games, and the AI teams were regularly scoring with few chances. Thing is, I fully understand there is no ME bias towards the AI as it's the same for both. So, instead of moaning about it (although I did have a mini-rant furthe

From my experience it's pretty much the same at the core, in parts I still see them doing the same as before, which leads to matches where you play the top teams away and off the first dozen shots they have but one on target on occasion. Arguably FM 2016 could have been a bit harder, as when AI managers overloaded the flanks to stage comebacks (attack duty wide backs getting really involved when they previously may have sat back), they hit onto "weak" areas of previous ME out wide, which could be hard-ish to defend against. For once it could have been argued, to an extent AI managers borderline utilized ME "exploits". :D On FM 2017 those advanced backs are picked up immediately now due to WMs hard coded to anticipate their forward movement. Unless you're experiencing confirmation bias, AI still can only be super efficient though if you give them space, if you would copy their ploys of sitting a couple additionally men behind the ball and playing cautious lines, they have it just as difficult as you would. Such a simple game at the core. Hitting defensive mentality naturally won't do, which is an oft found misconception fueled by in-game text. They aren't much more efficient as such. Else the AI teams in any competition that as per their team reports convert as little as 4-5% of their overall shots would be done for. The last time I went this low I had all my players encouraged to take shots from all over the pitch, tbh.

I would try to catch up some though as with better AI this is going to be more pronounced. Matter of fact is, the possibly solutions depending on how stuff look like have been the same for years, which is why it's frustrating to find the same stuff popping up again and again, provided this isn't an actually bug, which may be (see above). If players struggle with such basics... how could they ever improve AI beyond the level as it is in the game? Pretty much direct quote from one of the tactical mods: If the AI were ever brought to a level, all hell would break lose as user after user would struggle with a proper competitive AI manager. I'm no guru at all and not advocating the game geared towards a couple few hardcore FM'ers, but I'd prefer a bit of an added challenge where at least the elite put a bit of a challenge in, and not doing as poor as on previous the elite managers, I mean Guradiola winning Bundesliga with 50 odd goals and more than a handful of losses semi-regularly. :-)

Well, there are games when you dominate and al scores the only chance they have, but it can goes either way. I have matches when I'm really dominated by the al and I win with the only chance I have. Also, there are games when the game really gets on my nerve like one in 7th tier division playoff semifinal when my defensive mid picks up two yellow cards in the first 30 minutes of the game. Then I go a little bit defensive but still I dominate the game, hits the post a few times and had other really good chances, but in the 70th minute the opposite gets a really weird penalty and I lose 1-0. I find out Mike Dean was the referee and his rating of the match was 4.1. Ok, this things happens and is really frustrating because my team was in a excelent form and I have to repeat another seasons in the same league instead of playing in Vanarama north/south.

But this is one of the reason I love the game. 

3 hours ago, doIT49 said:

Well, there are games when you dominate and al scores the only chance they have, but it can goes either way. I have matches when I'm really dominated by the al and I win with the only chance I have.

There have been traditionally two great fallacies here:

1) In case of success, more and more teams apply outright spoiling tactics, focused primarily on not to concede (and with a bit of luck score off a set piece, a counter gifted or a bug, which happens too after all).  So you are never much "dominated" anymore in long-term saves. You dominate those stats by default eventually. This is the same you would have if you would start say at Real Madrid etc. outright [or which their AI have to deal with if you don't and where they for sure drop their points also, see underperforming big teams depending on the release and AI manager (they all have slight tactical bias and favored formations contributing to this)].

2) Depending on the version, it can be comparably easy to "spam" possession stats and get decent shot counts going, purely in terms of quantity. This is often achieved by going very very narrow by default, for instance, where players sit close to each other visibly. There is TIs and Player instructions for that. If they do such, moves are less likely to break down early and passes harder to go astray, as the distances are close. So the possession goes up as passes are easily completed. However in doing such, the resulting shots are often poorly and the opposition defenders aren't stretched all over the pitch. None of this naturally were a problem if that shell were actually already carved open. There are points in a match where you may want to reduce risk and prioritize keeping additionally hold of the ball. However, matches on FM tend to start at 0-0, oddly enough. And for some AI teams, that can be all what they aim for.

Therefore my argument. There are possibly bugs, which is why Wells may provide the pkm to SI. But from experience, the average quality of own shots just isn't there if this persists (either mostly from range -- or from packed boxes i.e. mostly from set pieces* or a combination).

* The game desperately needs a stat / shot breakdown for this, SI. This is the FM age post corner exploits.

Why is the Advanced Playmaker role been nerfed so bad? no matter the quality of player, different teams , different tactics, i cannot for the life of me get an advanced playmaker performing consistently, normally poor for 4 games then finally some penetration, every years its like yous just shift the goals and assists to some other part of the pitch and positions.

1 minute ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Why is the Advanced Playmaker role been nerfed so bad? no matter the quality of player, different teams , different tactics, i cannot for the life of me get an advanced playmaker performing consistently, normally poor for 4 games then finally some penetration, every years its like yous just shift the goals and assists to some other part of the pitch and positions.

It's never been "nerfed". Not how a role works.

The success of a playmaker, like role, depends on the role's place within a formation, and the team instructions, and of course the player.

18 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

It's never been "nerfed". Not how a role works.

The success of a playmaker, like role, depends on the role's place within a formation, and the team instructions, and of course the player.

Hmm played all the FM's, never seen the playmaker role perform so badly, guess am just some clueless idiot thou eh? oh my bad. Cause there was me thinking that assists and goals from the advanced playmaker in the whole in the centre have been shifted elsewhere for so called 'Match Engine Balance' see the goals need to come from somewhere.

12 hours ago, Cougar2010 said:

Yes, I respond when I see people giving factually incorrect information because that affects others.

I don't really care what you do but people spreading false information has been an issue for many years within the FM community and to stem the tide others need to pick it up & correct it for the good of the community.

And I don't care what you do also, and if you think this false information it doesn't matter to me, I will still wait a reply from SI and not just a user.

I am giving feedback, i'm entitled to my own opinion I will say what I want if I believe there is something wrong about it, the decision is off course matter to SI.

20 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

As TMS & Alex have said above it depends on what is going on around him but I would add another spoke to the answers.

That is the opposition.  AI defence has improved in FM17 and the space which an AP looks to sit in is going to be closed down on a more regular basis, especially if the opposition employ a DM in their formation.  This has the knockon effect that you need to recognise the matches where this happens/potentially happens and be able to adapt by either changing the roles/duties to take advantage of where the space is on the pitch or by doing something which gives your AP more space to work in/more options when he is on the ball.

6 minutes ago, iAlwaysWin said:

Hmm played all the FM's, never seen the playmaker role perform so badly, guess am just some clueless idiot thou eh? oh my bad.

Not sure where the clueless idiot part has come from, but playmakers can be excellent to awful (like any other role) depending on how they are used.

There's currently no context to your post:

Which advanced playmaker role, advanced or support?

Where on the pitch, AML, AMR, AMC, MC?

What are you trying to achieve with the role?

EDIT: as cougar says, how the opposition set up is also key, are they denying them space to operate in?

Really don't want to be a pain, and this is likely a question that's been asked and answered countless times before, but is there any sort of timeline, however vague, on when the new patch will be released?

Now the Regionalliga file has been released, it's only a couple of bugs that are restricting me from starting a long-term save.

Just now, Llew_Arshavin23 said:

Really don't want to be a pain, and this is likely a question that's been asked and answered countless times before, but is there any sort of timeline, however vague, on when the new patch will be released?

Now the Regionalliga file has been released, it's only a couple of bugs that are restricting me from starting a long-term save.

There's no current timescale that I know of, not the answer you wanted I know. History suggests there is usually a second patch roughly around christmas, but that's all I can offer.

4 minutes ago, Wells said:

And I don't care what you do also, and if you think this false information it doesn't matter to me, I will still wait a reply from SI and not just a user.

I am giving feedback, i'm entitled to my own opinion I will say what I want if I believe there is something wrong about it, the decision is off course matter to SI.

You are fully entitled to your own opinion and in an area that is subjective opinions can differ.

However what you posted wasn't a subjective area, you claimed that the AI teams were doing something that you couldn't and implying that the AI got an advantage over the human user both of which are factually incorrect.

If a SI employee turns up & tells you the same will it change your opinion?

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 16:39, arneaux said:

Playing the 17.1.2 version. Played it for 92 hours now.

The ME is great, but some issues for me are; 

1. My poacher is always offside. I've trained him not to be, and even when we play to posses the ball 99 out of 100 balls he is offside. 

2. To many goals in turnovers from the opponent. Nearly every goal i concede is from a turnover. Players tend to cover a zone instead of a running man or a deep ball. 

3. Home / away issue. Sure i know there is a difference between playing at home or away but the difference it to big. 

4. Scoring goals from DFK's is impossible. 

5. Maybe the most important one; when i watch the game in ext highlights it gives no ext highlights. The commentary bar just gives me info, no visual info. 

6. Strengthen the squad. I manage a little club, and promised to a player that i bring in more strikers. I get 2 strikers at loan and 2 wingers who can play as one, and still he is unhappy. 

1) doubt he is always offsides, show us a screen shot of number of touches ... should be 0 every game if he is always offside.

2) all goals come from turnover - the opposition can't score while you have the ball (unless you have an own goal specialist like Michael Proctor)

3) I just don't see this in my save. I'm as likely to win away as I am at home if I play same formation vs same formation. I find it is the formation which decide if the game will be tough or not. I certainly adjust accordingly week to week between my 3 tactics based on opposition tactic rather than opposition stature or home/away

4) it isn't impossible... show us the DFK stats from your save. I've scored several each season. Are you managing someone like Payet and expecting 20 goals a season? just doesn't happen in real life or in the game (thank god)

5) raise as bug.

6) agree - raise as bug

Myth buster:

a) too many goals - I've now played a few whole seasons and simply not an issue. the odd high scoring game still but I believe SI have a volume of PKMs to assess and these anomalies will be sorted in time. But it's not really impacting my saves. the total number of goals in my seasons is not too far below/above real life totals over past few years.

b) game too easy - it's always been easy. AI is restricted to a set of rules and formulas, we can always spot the patterns and learn to beat it... I would say FM17 is slightly harder because the AI is more intelligent and adapt more. In FM16 I could win the league with very poor teams just playing 532 every match. This game can still win but have to adapt my tactic more often to counter the AI.

c) dominating shots but losing match - if you play defensive/counter you can swing this on it's head. If you watch any game IRL that Arsenal have lost you will see they had more possession and shots. Sometimes it's the nature of football ... bring the opponent on, open space behind and 1 clinical one on one break away is better than 20 frustrated shots from range (not forgetting some strikers have off days .. Cavani vs Arsenal? missed countless one on ones and Arsenal scored the one chance they had.)

1 hour ago, luka_ said:

Man, I'm not native english speaker but consider myself to be very able to speak,write and read english but fek me if I ever understand what this guy Svenc is trying to say in his posts. :D 

I'm Deutsch and admittedly I can get carried away on the topic at hand. It's too bad as I am 100% convinced I could help you if you struggle with the same (lots of shots, little return, AI doing better). Here's the abridged version for FM-rageaholic anonymous:

If you ever have a lot of this:

It's likely you have that because a lot of this.

PV809Jd.jpg

As the greener part of this doesn't at all have an in-game stat though at all, as the stats make zero distinction if shots are from open play (defenders stretched) or from set piece play (boxes packed), you can be quickly back to this.

Hope that's clear enough.

47 minutes ago, Svenc said:

I'm Deutsch and admittedly I can get carried away on the topic at hand. It's too bad as I am 100% convinced I could help you if you struggle with the same (lots of shots, little return, AI doing better). Here's the abridged version for FM-rageaholic anonymous:

If you ever have a lot of this:

It's likely you have that because a lot of this.

PV809Jd.jpg

As the greener part of this doesn't at all have an in-game stat though at all, as the stats make zero distinction if shots are from open play (defenders stretched) or from set piece play (boxes packed), you can be quickly back to this.

Hope that's clear enough.

Now, that's much more understandable! :D

Hello,

I have played 2 seasons now and I think it is the time to have some comments.

ME - just great. I still play the "dots" version, but I feel like the dots are alive. Firstly I thought that there are too many strange goals, or goalie is conceding stupid things, but I think, that all comes with tactic. I even think that the tactic side is easier this year, than previous, I was able to put up some good results with my own tactic. I tried the plug and play, but mine is even better than the downloaded one.

Press conferences - still a huge pain. Needs massive redesign.

Social feed - at first I thought it is stupid. After some time I started to love it. Now it gets repetitive. What I hate the most about social feed is, that there is never any one sided action. E.g. new signing - there are still negative, and positive feedbacks. And it is like this for everything. Can not there be something more schocking? Like total hate of signing etc. I don´t like this relaitivism. And also when I click fulham hashtag, it brings me to fulham squad. I would like to see stream of news about fulham, like on real twitter.

3 hours ago, Llew_Arshavin23 said:

Any chance you could point me towards the file?

48 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Quick question , what do the green stars/small ticks next to the nations on the 'select nations" game start screen stand for? 

Ones already selected based on the club you've chosen or maybe ones recommended to be selected?

10 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

Dunno, england has a yellow tick, the green stars seem pretty random..

I don't think I'm quite seeing the same as you.

Green highlight + tick = country selected.

Green star = Recommended to load based on the team you have chosen.

I don't see any yellow ticks though.

9 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

I don't think I'm quite seeing the same as you.

Green highlight + tick = country selected.

Green star = Recommended to load based on the team you have chosen.

I don't see any yellow ticks though.

So based on the manager fav team? its add/remove league screen at game start,,,

even if you pick non you get - its prob recommended leagues but Ireland & Wales seems odd.

Football Manager 2017_ New Game Choose Nations.png

22 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

So based on the manager fav team? its add/remove league screen at game start,,,

even if you pick non you get - its prob recommended leagues but Ireland & Wales seems odd.

Football Manager 2017_ New Game Choose Nations.png

Yeah I presume you have a skin loaded there.

I don't get the yellow tick on the default skin.

Green stars are recommended to load and are either major nations or neighbouring nations where there is often a lot of transfer between.  The default skin actually tells you what the green star is for at the top right but that isn't visible on that skin.

7 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

There's no current timescale that I know of, not the answer you wanted I know. History suggests there is usually a second patch roughly around christmas, but that's all I can offer.

The answer I expected, and understand, but no harm in asking. Thanks for replying.

3 hours ago, ScottGooner said:

Any chance you could point me towards the file?

Here you go: 

6 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Quick question , what do the green stars/small ticks next to the nations on the 'select nations" game start screen stand for? 

Hover over the star and it tells you why its been selected.

"Major Nation", and "Neighbouring Nation" are the two I see when I do it.

Is the amount of shots hitting the post/bar an issue that's being looked into, do we know? 

I've just gone back and tallied it up and in my last eight matches, we've hit the woodwork 14 times. Is the match engine keeping scores down by having an excessive amount of shots at goal hit the woodwork?

I keep losing all my games even the easy ones

my opposition just score out of nowhere

this happens even in games where my team is in control

and having most shots on goal my players miss open goals

my opposition get a free kick they miss it completely and then they get to retake the same freekick and guess what happens they score.

this game is very frustrating and not enjoyable

I hope they improve the game because the matches are not good at all.

I saw the majority of negative reviews on steam and I didn’t believe it, but I have now played the game myself and I now understand why it has got so many negative reviews.

I am finding some really frustrating happenings in the ME at the moment and was wondering if others are having the same problems. 

1.  Players hitting the woodwork far too much.  I think my striker hits the bar at least twice a game and the post at least once a game at the moment and these efforts are close in from the penalty area.  If he didn't hit the woodwork he would have double the goals he has now.

2.  Anyone else experiencing giving away a lot of penalties whilst defending free kicks?  It's happening to me at least once every three games.  In one match I gave away two within minutes of each other both defending free kicks.

3.  Keepers reactions are very slow at times, although it might be my keeper or maybe the animation.  My keeper saved a penalty, albeit a tad clumsily, and it hit the post and rolled back to his feet.  It rolled bizarrely through his legs and the on rushing taker blasted it home on this rather bizarre "rebound".  The old saying "could have thrown his cap on it" was never more apt!!!

4.  I think crosses have gone too far the other way this year.  Last year they were finding targets possibly a bit too often, this year crosses on the whole are woeful.

Having said that with a few tweaks I think the ME could be very good indeed.  I particularly love he way some players can dribble and run with the ball in this version...

Re interaction some things are very strange.  Every week my Assistant tells me that Payet has developed into a good wide midfielder but needs a bit of time in that role, even though he plays it every week.  That's fine but does he have to tell me every week?

Staying with Payet he has demanded a transfer to Barcelona who haven't even put in a bid and yet because I turned his request down he is pleased with my comments and his morale is high, so slightly mixed messages!!  On this subject this has happened in both saves I have run.  Is it hard coded in the game that Payet wants to leave? (even though this hasn't been confirmed IRL) 

The Social Media Feed is bizarre at times but I think others have pointed that out as well.

Lol at people giving negative feedbacks because they can't win every match and keep conceding goals with their 'plug-and-play' or 'downloaded' tactics. The AI is much better this year and adopts to your so-called magic tactics, which is how it should be. People are spoiled by the 'Add-a-tactic-and-forget-about-it' approach which used to may be work more in previous FM versions. I'm personally loving this year's AI. It's still not that difficult as I would have liked but much better than previous versions.

6 hours ago, King Costly said:

Is the amount of shots hitting the post/bar an issue that's being looked into, do we know? 

I've just gone back and tallied it up and in my last eight matches, we've hit the woodwork 14 times. Is the match engine keeping scores down by having an excessive amount of shots at goal hit the woodwork?

The ME doesn't work like that. It does sound high, but it's also only 8 matches though.

7 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Re interaction some things are very strange.  Every week my Assistant tells me that Payet has developed into a good wide midfielder but needs a bit of time in that role, even though he plays it every week.  That's fine but does he have to tell me every week?

I've had that as well. Player is a natural at centre mid, I play him at centre mid every game and every week my assistant tells me that he needs more playing time there to become fluent or some such.

I also have noticed that when one of my players gets fouled, the commentary tells me that he made contact with the fouler. Shouldn't that be the other way round?

EG, 'Free kick Luton. Ruddock (Luton player) made contact with Johnson(other teams player). Should it not be Johnson making contact with Ruddock?

48 minutes ago, HemHat said:

I've had that as well. Player is a natural at centre mid, I play him at centre mid every game and every week my assistant tells me that he needs more playing time there to become fluent or some such.

Glad it's not just me!!

Also forgot to mention the oddities in the transfer market.  An example of this is that I put in a bid for Dybala throughout and at the end of season one.  No matter what I offered Juventus were asking for £143 million.  After a bit of haggling they would lower it to a still unaffordable £134 million.  So I just left it obviously not going to spend that on any player even if I did have the money.  At the start of the second season I find out that Arsenal had got him for 53 million.  Still too much for me but this can happen quite a lot where I have given up on trying to get a player and they have turned up at another Club for half or a quarter of the price that their Club were asking me for.

6 hours ago, FestyF said:

Lol at people giving negative feedbacks because they can't win every match and keep conceding goals with their 'plug-and-play' or 'downloaded' tactics. The AI is much better this year and adopts to your so-called magic tactics, which is how it should be. People are spoiled by the 'Add-a-tactic-and-forget-about-it' approach which used to may be work more in previous FM versions. I'm personally loving this year's AI. It's still not that difficult as I would have liked but much better than previous versions.

Every Year people like yourself say the exact same thing!!!! AI got smarter, ur tactics dont work anymore, lol its not the case at all, the game is as hard or easy as you want it to be, am guessing people like youself are never succesfull and jealous of managers who are, which is why you come in here ranting about magic tactics lmao.

8 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

I am finding some really frustrating happenings in the ME at the moment and was wondering if others are having the same problems. 

1.  Players hitting the woodwork far too much.  I think my striker hits the bar at least twice a game and the post at least once a game at the moment and these efforts are close in from the penalty area.  If he didn't hit the woodwork he would have double the goals he has now.

2.  Anyone else experiencing giving away a lot of penalties whilst defending free kicks?  It's happening to me at least once every three games.  In one match I gave away two within minutes of each other both defending free kicks.

3.  Keepers reactions are very slow at times, although it might be my keeper or maybe the animation.  My keeper saved a penalty, albeit a tad clumsily, and it hit the post and rolled back to his feet.  It rolled bizarrely through his legs and the on rushing taker blasted it home on this rather bizarre "rebound".  The old saying "could have thrown his cap on it" was never more apt!!!

4.  I think crosses have gone too far the other way this year.  Last year they were finding targets possibly a bit too often, this year crosses on the whole are woeful.

Having said that with a few tweaks I think the ME could be very good indeed.  I particularly love he way some players can dribble and run with the ball in this version...

Staying with Payet he has demanded a transfer to Barcelona who haven't even put in a bid and yet because I turned his request down he is pleased with my comments and his morale is high, so slightly mixed messages!!  On this subject this has happened in both saves I have run.  Is it hard coded in the game that Payet wants to leave? (even though this hasn't been confirmed IRL) 

The Social Media Feed is bizarre at times but I think others have pointed that out as well.

no myth busting to be done here... I agree with 1,3 & 4.

1- in fact after reading a few people say about headers in the 6yard box always hit the bar... I played last night and saw the same thing. going to load some pkms at the weekend. I find the issue exponentially worse the taller the player heading the ball is. i.e. matt smith cannot score a header even though his stats suggest he should be one of the best... and it's like he is too tall and players can't head the ball downwards.

2 - I found this more prevalent in FM16 ... still happens a lot, or more so that the attacking team always has a man free at the back post after the kick is taken ... don't think defence line moves back enough after the free kick is taken. But I concede less than 10 penalties a year so it's not a massive issue... and half of them are full backs taking out wingers from behind which is realistic

3 - there are a lot of bug threads about keeper behaviour. I think this will be improved when the bigger patch is released... I imagine it entails a tonne of testing when making significant changes to player intelligence.

4 - is under review I loaded PKMs of many crosses being aimed directly at the near post. and other thread by someone else about the crosses going out of play.

Archived