Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has it reset Germany to fake players again?

No idea, just noticed Brazilian names were back to 3 letters then exited and deleted all the new files.

16 minutes ago, forameuss said:

How dare they try to avoid litigation.

Have the laws suddenly changed in the last 12 months?  Was never this bad in FM16 or the ten or so editions beforehand.  For an update that just included 'some adboard's updates' it added a hell of a lot files in the dbc, edt and inc folders that had nothing to do with adboard's.  No big deal but a heads up would be nice.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, jujigatame said:

Can't help feel that the finishing attribute is meaningless.  I am repeatedly frustrated to 0-0 draws by poor clubs because my guys with finishing attributes in the 15-17 range fluff multiple chances.  This is a problem I had with FM16 as well.

It extends to penalties too.  I'm currently 1/4 on penalties in my career, despite them all being taken by players with a 15 penalty taking attribute.

Mods have told me this isn't the case, but I can't help but feel that finishing in this game is more or less entirely down to confidence and morale and luck.

It's not just about the finishing attribute.  Composure and decisions play a part too, do they not?

Just now, celtic_fc said:

Have the laws suddenly changed in the last 12 months?  Was never this bad in FM16 or the ten or so editions beforehand.  For an update that just included 'some adboard's updates' it added a hell of a lot files in the dbc, edt and inc folders that had nothing to do with adboard's.  No big deal but a heads up would be nice.

The Brazilian one was very sudden.  Every single update creates a new folder in the data, because that's what versions do.  They aren't supposed to have you circumventing licencing, so are you really that surprised it keeps getting reset?

10 minutes ago, forameuss said:

The Brazilian one was very sudden.  Every single update creates a new folder in the data, because that's what versions do.  They aren't supposed to have you circumventing licencing, so are you really that surprised it keeps getting reset?

It's still version 1702? And no not surprised, more bored of groundhog day.  Pretty sure in the past small updates haven't reset everything.  In the last 10 days I've had to do the same thing three times. 

Never mind, now I know I can stop automatic updates it's all good.  Cheers Mrtrwsmiff. :thup:

I only just noticed the info window that pops up when you hover your mouse over the small regional knowledge map on the scouting page, showing which scouts are working in the particular region you're pointing at. Is that new in FM17? If it isn't, I hadn't seen it before. Pretty neat.

I'm actually really loving the 3D graphical representation. Up to FM16 I always played in 2D. In FM16 I had a young PL midfielder on loan. Initially it was obvious from the graphical representation he was snatching at things and looking nervous.

As the season has progressed and his confidence grown, its really evident he is a class apart from his team mates. I really feel the ME shows this perfectly in the way a calm, composed technically gifted player would stand out in a televised game IRL.

Having played many more matches, I can safely say high scoring matches are not an issue for me. I hardly see any unrealistic scoreline. Even on attacking mentality. You just need your team to gel and become familiar with your tactics. You also need to be much more sensible with your roles and duties. Going gung-ho with 11 players on attacking duties doesn't help. ME is much more punishing this year IMO. Good squad harmony also helps a lot.

I've also noticed sometimes setting opposition DM and MC positions to tight marking from the OI screen makes my forward track back with more regularity when not in possession. It could also be due to his high work rate rating, I'm not sure yet. I still need to test this with low work rate forwards.

11 hours ago, Rhand said:

I shut the lid.

I'm sorry, but are you honestly gonna be blaming my way of shutting down the laptop 10 minutes after quitting the game?

Neil is just trying to cover all the bases in trying to figure out what could have gone wrong here.

2 hours ago, FestyF said:

Having played many more matches, I can safely say high scoring matches are not an issue for me. I hardly see any unrealistic scoreline. Even on attacking mentality. You just need your team to gel and become familiar with your tactics. You also need to be much more sensible with your roles and duties. Going gung-ho with 11 players on attacking duties doesn't help. ME is much more punishing this year IMO. Good squad harmony also helps a lot.

I've also noticed sometimes setting opposition DM and MC positions to tight marking from the OI screen makes my forward track back with more regularity when not in possession. It could also be due to his high work rate rating, I'm not sure yet. I still need to test this with low work rate forwards.

You're not wrong.  I've gradually been keeping things a little more respectable.

Season #1 - Finished 1st in Cymru Alliance - 41 against. 

Season #2 - Finished 6th in Dafabet - 79 against. 

Season #3 - Finished 20th in National North - 93 against. 

Season #4 - Finished 8th in Scottish League 2 - 53 against. 

Season #5 - Finished 1st in Scottish League 2 - 27 against.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.  The last two seasons have really made a difference.  Normally I just play on commentary on the fastest and blitz through a game, I always have but since decreasing the speed a little bit I have and spending season #4 watching extended highlights I could see where I was going wrong.  I thought it was a tad unrealistic to have so many high scores but ultimately I was contributing to it.  I went back to a few old results where I got spanked and sure enough, it was a similar story as to how the goals came about.  It's about game management and morale, I don't actually think that tactical side is as important.  I start games now with a 'base tactic', feel my way in the game and go from there.  It's not my preferred way of playing but ultimately it's how FM should be.

8 hours ago, celtic_fc said:

It's still version 1702? And no not surprised, more bored of groundhog day.  Pretty sure in the past small updates haven't reset everything.  In the last 10 days I've had to do the same thing three times. 

Never mind, now I know I can stop automatic updates it's all good.  Cheers Mrtrwsmiff. :thup:

How do you stop automatic updates?

10 hours ago, mrtrwsmiff said:

It's not just about the finishing attribute.  Composure and decisions play a part too, do they not?

Finishing means squad if:

a) the shots on average are poor

b) (to a lesser extent) the forward routinely becomes frustrated due to a) and then becoming more likely to miss the few quality ones that may be in there (aka Ronaldo Euro 2016 and his many missed shots and hitting out at Iceland for their supposedly lesser mentality, and his missed penalty in the group stages later on) http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/11/euro-2016-in-numbers-efficient-portugal-cristiano-ronaldo-goes-d/

If there's one trend I noted in the past couple releases whenever somebody had severe issues here it's a) and a) and then some. Whenver pkms were uploaded things either looked like this:

dj2sEhO.jpg
(explains itself)

6RdBOGj.jpg
(shots marked immediately off set pieces, which is boxed packed and forwards pressured/marked outright, for which there isn't a stat in the game, which is real bad as every shot off a set piece === zero stretching of typically packed defenses and they always clear it. Bad  approaches pronounce this here as you can have set piece after set piece after set piece, up to 30 corners a match alone, when in real football top teams average no more than 7, 8. If this were finally introduced, it would be TONS more telling than the hugely unreliable and subjective ccc, half chance stats etc. If all of the shots on target came of such, you'd always had a severe issue there)

Even going into the editor and making a player to have low finishing it means he can still convert fairly regularly if he's given opportunities. Whether FM has that completely spot on who knows it's a computer sim. But whenever there is any such issue, your first port of call should be the type of shots you created, always been the case. Additionally, as AI teams still play fairly attackingly if they expect nothing but a win against your team, it's oft easier to get decent conversion stats here naturally, as the fewer chances you get are more likely to be put away. Unlike parking bus teams, they leave space for through balls all over the pitch. They also still advance additional players on aggressive duties, which naturally will have them caught out of position every once in a while, which is a luxury you aren't afforded against defensive AI. Having top forwards as per the game may mean they may save your ass on the additionally day, but it won't be a fix for problems which would be systematic. The reason for me posting this is that FM 2017 seems little different. If you assume you only need to have a class forward up top, you are guaranteed for added frustration. There's a reason why on some releases some top teams always facing the parking bus opponents would semi-regularly underperform when managed by AI too. The solutions and possible fixes depending what things look like have always been the same for I dunno half a decade now [and they've technically always belonged into the tactical forums]. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15118/10189870/wasteful-arsenals-premier-league-title-hopes-hit-by-poor-finishing

3 hours ago, mrtrwsmiff said:

It's about game management and morale, I don't actually think that tactical side is as important.  I start games now with a 'base tactic', feel my way in the game and go from there.  It's not my preferred way of playing but ultimately it's how FM should be.

Tactics are a part of the game. :) Whilst there's always been that tendency to reduce the game to a particular thing in isolation, tactics are a huge part of it on both sides. Going from the above, a top side coming up against defensive opponents just keeping men behind the ball on d-duty (as long as the draw they mainly target is still on anyway) and mimicing their ploys, you'd be in for masses of this. At the same time, if you are a poor side that is actually attacked by opponents as they expect nothing but a win against your side every week, you can put men behind the ball as much as you like, you still won't set any records for clear sheets, as the players would miss additionally headers, miss tackles, lose their men due to lapses in concentration/marking additionally times. If you don't know how to influence this, things will always seem random though, and you would always attribute every single thing to be down to a team talk, etc. Unfortunately, some of the in-game text reads as if things would happen just by clicking stuff, i.e. the defensive mentalities. Players on aggressive duties would still push up eventually if they aren't given less aggressive duties, for instance. You would also develop bad theory as to how things worked, including those that players nor tactics would mean zero, or that magic pep talks would have the ability to turn matches on their head completely in isolation.

yRS0zAr.jpg

Question, is there an option you need to enable the 64bit support? Might be my aging COre i3 setup, but on Win7 64 bit I barely noted a difference in performance tbh. :)

3 hours ago, Boss said:

How do you stop automatic updates?

In Steam you choose the option to play offline. It partially works, but sometimes you can't open the game without going online in which case the update is imposed on you. annoys the hell out of me if it does wipe out the files I added; in addition the unofficial utilities I use become useless until the creators update them (which, to be fair, they do incredibly quickly). At the very least, having bought and paid for the game, we should have the right to decide if and when we want it updated.

2 hours ago, Svenc said:

2 hours ago, Svenc said:

Question, is there an option you need to enable the 64bit support? Might be my aging COre i3 setup, but on Win7 64 bit I barely noted a difference in performance tbh. :)

No, your computer detects it automatically. I know what you mean though, even on my i5, Windows 10 the processing speed is a bit disappointing. It was super-fast on the beta, but since I've added a 22-level league file, it's not much different to FM16.

So are penalties broken? Is this an issue thats being looked at? Into December 3rd season and my team have converted 1 of 6 (I have good penalty takers, Kane and Berardi) who have converted at better than 95% the last two seasons. All their misses are hit straight at the keeper. Bug worth logging or ??

5 minutes ago, Sundin said:

Hello,

Can anyone help me?

I've ticked the "Show recent attribute changes" but nothing seems to be showing.

And also I would like to ask, Why some of the attributes are highlighted in blue and others in white?

Thanks

Blue are "key" attributes for the position/role.

White are secondary attributes needed for the position/role.

The show recent attributes I'm not sure but my gut feeling is your screen size/resolution is possibly blocking it - Your screen looks narrower than I would expect from left to right.

5 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Blue are "key" attributes for the position/role.

White are secondary attributes needed for the position/role.

The show recent attributes I'm not sure but my gut feeling is your screen size/resolution is possibly blocking it - Your screen looks narrower than I would expect from left to right.

Thank you!

Yeah, my screen is 4:3 and the highest resolution available is 1280 x 1024. Is there any way to fix it?

13 hours ago, Svenc said:

I have a decent PC i7 6700K 4.0 (not overcloaked atm) with 32GB ram and 970GTX 4GB, and I always check my ram usage (because the game sometimes feels slower compared to FM16) and when checking on task manager, never notice the game using beyond 2.5 RAM usage.

Recently I played both, FM16 and FM17 and it's almost the same ram usage, but i feel like FM16 runs much smoother and faster (same leagues checked).

try to go back on FM16 and tell me if it feels much smoother for you when even when you just pass the days and moving between screens.

After you played FM17 quite a lot (i assume) you might be able to estimate the differences.

In my experience i don't notice any real difference between FM16 32-bit and FM17 64-bit.
I have the same slowdowns now in 2019 on FM17 as i started getting in the 2040s in FM16. And that with less players in FM17 compared to FM16 (about 70k-90k players less). Default detail level in both games.
In general though i don't notice anything different apart from UI responsiveness. But that could just be an optimisation thing as well.
RAM usage is pretty much the same as 32-bit FM16. Only that with FM17 it exceeds 3GB of usage at times. Processing power is pretty much the same as with FM16.

My conclusion, on my computer, is that i don't see any noticable improvement, nor does it "feel" like anything has improved by running 64-bit.
It hasn't become any worse either, apart from the significant slowdowns mentioned above.

15 hours ago, Sundin said:

Hello,

Can anyone help me?

I've ticked the "Show recent attribute changes" but nothing seems to be showing.

And also I would like to ask, Why some of the attributes are highlighted in blue and others in white?

Thanks

Anssi Jaakkola_ Overview Attributes-2.png

Maybe theres been no recent attribute changes? 

Playing the 17.1.2 version. Played it for 92 hours now.

The ME is great, but some issues for me are; 

1. My poacher is always offside. I've trained him not to be, and even when we play to posses the ball 99 out of 100 balls he is offside. 

2. To many goals in turnovers from the opponent. Nearly every goal i concede is from a turnover. Players tend to cover a zone instead of a running man or a deep ball. 

3. Home / away issue. Sure i know there is a difference between playing at home or away but the difference it to big. 

4. Scoring goals from DFK's is impossible. 

5. Maybe the most important one; when i watch the game in ext highlights it gives no ext highlights. The commentary bar just gives me info, no visual info. 

6. Strengthen the squad. I manage a little club, and promised to a player that i bring in more strikers. I get 2 strikers at loan and 2 wingers who can play as one, and still he is unhappy. 

1 hour ago, arneaux said:

1. My poacher is always offside. I've trained him not to be, and even when we play to posses the ball 99 out of 100 balls he is offside. 

If you train him the "Beat the offside trap" trait, it's more likely he will get cought in offside more often, because he will also try to make more runs behind the defenders.

In case you trained him this trait, did you checked if he does suitable with that trait? does he have a good mobility + anticipation + decisions, off the ball and i think most important for not getting cought in offsides more often is concentration and balance (which in my opinion is one of the most important for finishers).

1 hour ago, MHovel said:

If you train him the "Beat the offside trap" trait, it's more likely he will get cought in offside more often, because he will also try to make more runs behind the defenders.

In case you trained him this trait, did you checked if he does suitable with that trait? does he have a good mobility + anticipation + decisions, off the ball and i think most important for not getting cought in offsides more often is concentration and balance (which in my opinion is one of the most important for finishers).

This are his attributes. Mobility; 12, anticipation; 11, Decisions; 10.

Other key attributes (imo); Without Ball; 13

And i've trainend him to beat the offside trap. 

Schermafbeelding 2016-11-27 om 19.58.14.png

1 hour ago, arneaux said:

This are his attributes. Mobility; 12, anticipation; 11, Decisions; 10.

Other key attributes (imo); Without Ball; 13

And i've trainend him to beat the offside trap. 

Schermafbeelding 2016-11-27 om 19.58.14.png

doesn't really look like the best player to anticipate where is the long ball going to be played. he doesn't even strike me as a player who would know where to move and find space. although, he has the pace to get there. and, with decisions of 10 he would rarely know when to start his run not to get offside. off the ball and first touch give him a bit of slack, but coupled with other atributes, i doubt he can get on the end of balls into space regularly.

Quick question for those that play the long games.

I've completed all the coaching courses and I still can't coach at a good level. Working with youngsters is still at 1, most other stats below 10.

I've seen the mental stats improve over time, but does coaching attributes too?

I started new game on latest version and I dont have places for U19 coaches, available places are for both first team and U19. If I can hire  3 coaches it is for first team and U19 overall. I think on previous version there is places for first team and U19, separately. Anyone with same issue, is it bug or new feature? 

Hey, first post on the forum.

Thought I'd throw some initial observations out there for comment.

With each new release of FM I generally follow the same pattern, I allow myself one false start playing up to Christmas, just to get a feel for the version, then regardless of how I'm doing I ditch it, rebuild the database and start a new save. I then play for around 3 months, (obviously i don't mean 3 months solid!! I do still feed the pets, oh yes and the kids) in that time there might be three or four saves, generally I'll go for clubs that are more of a challenge, initially something from the Championship, then some low league foreign outfits. Last season my main save was Oțelul Galați in the Romanian lower leagues, man it was painful at first but eventually after several seasons we found success. I always avoid the team I support too. Once the 3 months is up I won't touch it again until the next full release.

So, this year's Championship side, Newcastle United, great squad, bit of cash but still a challenge due to the extremely high levels of expectation, seems Ashley is quite demanding.....

Let's get the stuff that sucks out of the way first - 

• Goalkeepers at the near post, please make it stop, every game they'll fumble at the near post, save something that's going miles wide or just generally look drunk. Also way too many mistakes, not ones you can live with either, ones like rolling the ball out to the feet of the opposition CF, or kicking the ball in to the back of the head of your CD and watching, paralysed as the ball trickles back towards goal and over the line.
  • Two goal leads, yes you don't want a two goal lead too early in a game, you're totally dominating play until that point, then it's one way traffic until parity is restored or worse still you throw it away. I'm not for one second saying this shouldn't happen, I'm saying its like a switch is flicked and it happens with too much regularity.
  • Team Morale, way too oversensitive. You build it up slowly, everything is looking great then someones comes in for your star centre half, you reject the bid, he spits his dummy out and the rest of the teams morale drops to abysmal in solidarity with him, may happen in real life if one or two of the team mates are friends with the individual concerned but not to this level and not the whole team, especially amongst professional sports men.
  • The Ai is compensating way too much towards the underdog, in my save I'm currently in 2nd place, P29 W15 D10 L4. All four defeats have come at the hands of teams in the bottom 3. I'd rather be loosing to teams above and around me. To make it worse I can't get anywhere near them, regardless what I try, each time the same, 60% possession, 25 shots and nothing, goals disallowed, penalties missed, they have one shot and score, it feels like the result is inevitable. I understand that some times the team at the foot of the table puts one over on a team near the top but not with such regularity. However, in the cup, when I play teams from the Premier League I have no concerns, the rolls are reversed here, I beat Liverpool comfortably 4-1 in the quarter final then go on to destroy Hull 5-1 in the semi, no doubt my luck will run out in the final against Chelsea. I don't want to win every game, hell the point at which you dominate the league really is the end of that years version, I have no interest past that point, I just want more realism.
  • Long range shots, they look great but too many are flying in.
  • Teams in the Championship wanting to loan your players for a fee and then the deal falling through because they don't have a 140k to complete, seriously? Also, you arrange a transfer and get caught a little short, by that I mean a few grand, surely the deal would still get done and some flexibility needs building in here.
  • Playing lesser teams again, a few minutes in and half of your team is "feeling nervous" yet it just didn't bother them playing in the cup quarters and semi's against Premier League teams.
  • Match engine, players freezing, running away from the ball, running in to each other and the ref skidding across the pitch, legs not moving, like Dean, without Torvil......
  • Free Kicks, I don't mind if I don't score, but surely more than one in ten would be hitting the target.
  • Injuries, still too frequent, especially if you up the training. The Newcastle United gym is so dangerous the HSE would have long since barred the doors.

The positives -

• The AI of the opposition managers seems way more dynamic, changing tactics and adjusting to whats happening in game, it's actually forced me to watch games in "full" mode rather than one of the other options, it also forces you to tweak your own tactics in response which ultimately adds to the realism. 
  • More variation in each new save, not quite as easy to sign the same players or for the same fee's. I've only started a couple of games but that was fairly evident.
  • Less high scoring games and harder to score in general, needless to say people will inevitably invent tactics that overload the AI, as much as I admire the ingenuity of these they hold little appeal to me.
  • It's taken me ages to get a tactic that works pretty well, longer than previous years, also I find I'm needing at least two variations of my main tactic and a solid second one which I've not quite achieved, especially against lesser opposition. My current 4-2-3-1 is pretty solid and is a tweak on my FM16 tactic.

I'm sure both of these lists will grow and whilst the negatives list is currently longer I feel they are niggly and more easily rectified, the positives are pretty big ones.

There are a couple of other elements that are totally essential to enjoying a game of FM and neither of them have anything to do with SI. Firstly, the FM community, without the ability to add the Real Names Licence Fix, Club Badges, Kits, Trophies, Facepacks and Backgrounds I'd really struggle to play the game, these add an extra layer of realism and atmosphere thats essential. Secondly and probably the single most important factor in enjoying a game of FM is honesty, most people learn this early on and it will make the world of difference to both your hair loss and fingers crossed, success! The low's will definitely be lower but the highs if you reach them legitimately will be so much sweeter.

Enjoy.

2 hours ago, janrzm said:
  • The Ai is compensating way too much towards the underdog, in my save I'm currently in 2nd place, P29 W15 D10 L4. All four defeats have come at the hands of teams in the bottom 3. I'd rather be loosing to teams above and around me. To make it worse I can't get anywhere near them, regardless what I try, each time the same, 60% possession, 25 shots and nothing, goals disallowed, penalties missed, they have one shot and score, it feels like the result is inevitable. I understand that some times the team at the foot of the table puts one over on a team near the top but not with such regularity. However, in the cup, when I play teams from the Premier League I have no concerns, the rolls are reversed here, I beat Liverpool comfortably 4-1 in the quarter final then go on to destroy Hull 5-1 in the semi, no doubt my luck will run out in the final against Chelsea. I don't want to win every game, hell the point at which you dominate the league really is the end of that years version, I have no interest past that point, I just want more realism.

Nice post, just one thing. There is no compensating, if it's regularly you're simply poor at a) stretching defensive teams and b) at the same time, as that inevitably means adding some risk (else attacks are toothless and result in poor shots all around), have a decent balance here that would cover the attacking movement/width or else make it easy to score against you. This is all the roles/dutys primarily. There has been something coded into the game for years that makes the underdog "grow in confidence" if it manages to hang on in there slightly, same as forwards getting frustrated/nervous after missing shot after shot, but it's not a "compensating of AI" either way as it would apply in the reverse [as long as AI managers still play attacking tactics and you would sit deep yourself]. It is not a default loss too and it also only kicks in regularly if a) applies for which you can look for advice. I don't want stuff like that to spread as it distracts from the actual issues, because the core behind it is that players can't cope with the simple ploy of AI managers going defensive, deep lines killing through balls, additional man on d-duty never caught out of position. Arguably, some AI managers have been struggling with that themselves, on FM 2016 it was way too easy to outperform AI Guardiola who faced defensive sides practically every week (and often scored less than 60 goals a season, dropping points). Whether that is too tough to break down in the ME is debatable, but it's no bias/compensation either way.

In general AI tactics have become a bit more robust throughout the years, in parts aided by the input provided of the "gurus" no doubt, but this has been the same for years. Weak sides playing defensive can be a bit tough to break down in particular if they hang on in there, and occasionally may take a point or two and have the odd loss, but in general those are and should be for you the easiest matches of the season. If they aren't and you regularly lose I suggest opening a thread in the tactics forums and at best uploading a few pkms, as players can have traits that influence their positioning in possession already, and nobody would know your squad and what the opposition would be doing else. Whoever points out that it is the overall approach you should look out for is right, as complacency can slightly rub off too, and players are at best if focused and motivated, but if this persists, there is system behind, which is tactical typically.

The one exception I may make on this version is if you're playing a 4-4-2 to an extent, but to which extent that is debatable (there is an extra thread on this called wide midfielder defensive positioning). Depending on which, even a much weaker side can be "in control" here a bit easy-ish on occasion, which can fuel additionally matches where the underdog prevails (naturally also AI vs AI). That too is no compensating, that's just how the ME currently works including second by second of play and visible positioning. Which might be an actually issue, I'm not happy with this as you would find.

That ''failed to strengthen the squad'' issue patch can't come soon enough.

So once again I bought players clearly better than ones I had, but two players are still angry and abysmal/very poor morale. And their morale fluctuate between that. It's been going on like that for one whole year now.

I can't bring better reputation players, nobody wants to come ffs.

I'm very disappointed with this years game. The matches are very one sided it doesn't matter who you are playing or how in form your players are/ or how motivated they are the matches only show what the opposition is doing most of the time this is why you will lose very easily. 

I have also seen that when you apply instructions they don't work properly players will purposely miss tackles Football Manager 2016 was a better when it came to this.

I hope you improve the press conferences because its the same long questions same as FM 16 I was expecting something new this year. 

I'm also not happy about the friendlies most of the teams are unavailable and it takes so long to find a good team that you like. I hope you make some improvements because for £30 I was expecting something a bit more. 

Is there a way to select specific type of news items that I want to see in my inbox? 

The Real Madrid, Juventus and Man City jobs were all available and I missed them all because the info turned up in my news items not in the inbox and I never look in the social tab so don't see the news.

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

Is there a way to select specific type of news items that I want to see in my inbox? 

The Real Madrid, Juventus and Man City jobs were all available and I missed them all because the info turned up in my news items not in the inbox and I never look in the social tab so don't see the news.

Thanks.

Generally if they didn't appear in your inbox then I would say you stood very little chance of getting them even if you applied.

2 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Generally if they didn't appear in your inbox then I would say you stood very little chance of getting them even if you applied.

Ok, that makes sense. thanks. 

So, if jobs that are more suitable for me become available I should see them in my inbox?

5 minutes ago, Wells said:

Such clinical AI, 5 shots on target 5 goals, every shot on target is a goal for them apparently. while my 15 on target is just a single goal.

This happens IRL very rare, but in FM it is just normal and happens often.

and you don't think you should look at your tactics?

Your questions should be why are you not converting a higher % of your chances and why are you giving the opposition such good chances?

Just now, Wells said:

NO I should not, no matter which tactic you use it will happen and happen.. and you better check the amount of negative reviews in steam that talks about this issue instead of saying it is "TACTICS".

I feel your frustration, but that's not true. It's entirely possible to play the way your opponents are playing and get the same result, ie a very high goals to shots ratio. I've done it myself several times when playing defensive against stronger teams. You're probably giving them too much space to work with. There is a difference between taking a shot when you're surrounded by defenders as opposed to taking a shot in acres of space.

I do feel sometimes there's a bit of rubber banding in the way the ME handles tactics that create an unrealistic amount of chances but your issue isn't really with the ME, it's tactical. Try being a bit more cautious, see if that gets you somewhere. I usually play with counter against weaker teams.

41 minutes ago, Wells said:

NO I should not, no matter which tactic you use it will happen and happen.. and you better check the amount of negative reviews in steam that talks about this issue instead of saying it is "TACTICS".

Not sure what reviews would have to do with something tactical, which is it if it's happening to just you and not the AI. The ME is universal, no difference between you and the AI in the inputs

If this were true, I wouldn't have the best conversion ratio in the league.

EDIT: 2nd best conversion rate in the game (curse you Barcelona)

32 minutes ago, Wells said:

If you believe that you might as well stop playing.

The FM ME is completely independent and doesn't know whether an AI or human manager gives the instructions.  If the AI teams are doing something you aren't that is entirely down to you.

You can play the blame game as much as you want but that doesn't change the facts.

Archived