Football Manager 2017 Official Feedback Thread

26 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

High scoring matches? or specifically an 8-4 score line? Because the former just isnt close to being true.

games with 10+ goals. last high scoring game was Monaco-Deportivo 8-3 back in 2003

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, doIT49 said:

Ok, I support Arsenal, but... how in the world Jenkinson have 15 at crossing. His crosses are definitely 15, but 15 feet wide. 

This thread is for feedback about the game.

If you think there's an issue with Jenkinson's stats, I'd suggest you bring it up here - and provide substantial reasoning behind why you think his crossing attribute should be reduced.

2 hours ago, vamcj said:

Hi,

When using lnc files to edit club names, the nickname disappear. This has happened to every FM and I've posted it some years back. Is this as intended or why can't it be fixed?

This is the code used:

"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 680 "Manchester United Football Club" ""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 680 "Manchester United" ""

Not sure if it has been like this is every version but I believe this is the case. I believe there is a way to do it and keep the nicknames, but I am no expert. Google to find other sites where people are much more knowledgeable and can talk about such matters :)

What's the reason that it's not possible to assign shirt numbers in international matches that are not tournaments? Because not every team uses the generic 1-11 numbers for the starting eleven in friendlies or qualifiers in real life. Would be a nice addition.

The money... oh my, the money...

Toying around with a save in England for the first time on FM17. Decided to start a save with Bournemouth. Spending a bunch of time creating a shortlist of possible players who are relative bargains. First day, Liverpool offer me 11m for Max Gradel. My starting left winger and one of the better players in the squad. Well heck, I'll negotiate. 20m Euros up front, 17m over 36 months, 3.7m after 50 league matches and some other add ons? Sure. Yes. CERTAINLY.

11 hours ago, Bigpapa42 said:

The money... oh my, the money...

Toying around with a save in England for the first time on FM17. Decided to start a save with Bournemouth. Spending a bunch of time creating a shortlist of possible players who are relative bargains. First day, Liverpool offer me 11m for Max Gradel. My starting left winger and one of the better players in the squad. Well heck, I'll negotiate. 20m Euros up front, 17m over 36 months, 3.7m after 50 league matches and some other add ons? Sure. Yes. CERTAINLY.

One of the reasons I find the Premier League so tedious to manage in.  So much money swimming around, with far less potential for it to be squandered than in real life.  Couple that with the oh so vanilla league structure...meh.  

54 minutes ago, forameuss said:

One of the reasons I find the Premier League so tedious to manage in.  So much money swimming around, with far less potential for it to be squandered than in real life.  Couple that with the oh so vanilla league structure...meh.  

A bit ironic, in the end. I was so excited to get that much money. I bought about 7 new players, mostly younger with potential. So not really players that will immediately make the side better. And the new left winger and new depth CB both failed to get Work Permits - the scouting reports (did each of them twice) said they should get on appeal. Didn't happen. So 3 weeks into the save and I've kinda soured on it. Made the common mistakes I often make - spreading the money around too much and not really addressing the most immediate needs - and had the main thing I don't enjoy about managing in England (work permits) already bite me.

Debating whether to go back to the save point just before the Liverpool offer and reject it, then go from there. Or just to start a new save somewhere else. Germany is appealing. Both Koln and Werder Bremen look like fun games.

The social media is so poorly done. Facing Pescara next, all the talk about Adrien Lopez for them, how he's so good and Pescara are a one man team. Checked his record, 1 goal in 20 games as a striker with a 6.60 rating overall. Yeah. Ok. Need to really revamp the whole system already.

Every team just scores at will in this game, i draw 4-4 , 3-3 on a regular basis, and i generally just see bizzare highlights that make no sense when compared to watching a real game of football. Yous also nerfed the playmaker role to much, barely any key passes being made from the central part of the pitch, as usual one step foward 2 steps back, will just wait till march now for a more stable match engine and back to FM16 for while, seems to be an occuring theme happening every year i buy your game.

Things I've noticed lately:

1. A surprising number of OGs, both for and against.

2. Attacking players in on goal never head the ball down. Which means they might score from five yards or more, but closer in they will almost always head over or hit the bar.

Just me, or anyone else seeing these?

I've noticed surprisingly low number of penalties being awarded on my game so far. I think I've had one given against me (saved) and none for in the 18 months I've completed so far. That said I did enjoy a penalty shoot-out win over Rangers as East Fife with nine out of ten penalties scored so not as worried about the conversion issue raised earlier in this thread.

I've also noticed a lack of fouls awarded when a defender slide tackles through the back of a player. The game seems to think that because they "won the ball" that this isn't a foul. I'm pretty sure sliding through a player from behind and sending him tumbling is a blatant foul regardless of contact to the ball. There is never a mention in the text commentary of it even being a decision let alone a contentious one.

A more frustrating observatiob is that goalkeepers seem to be conceding goals hit straight at them. This could be due to the part-time level I'm managing atNot sure if this is just an ME -> animation issue but is infuriating watching multiple goals effectively go through your keeper. If they were errors I'd expect the rating to reflect this but they aren't, so I presume it's a bug of some kind?

Generally I'm finding this version more engrossing and more difficult than I did FM15 and this is reflected in the fact I've slowed my match speed and view more highlights than ever before (from key to comprehensive). Enjoying it immensely though.

Is anyone else finding the game just a wee bit easy this year, don't get me wrong the ME is the best I've seen for a while but I feel it's too easy to win. I play as Hibernian, my tactics are similar to last years 4-4-2 diamond and 3-4-1-2, I was unbeaten in mid January and 23 points ahead of nearest rival, I topped my Euro group and had already won the Betfred League cup. Hibernian have a very good squad which would easily compete in the Premiership but it's all too simple this year, I suppose I could make it harder by simply playing with a rubbish tactic. :D

How do I find out which Brexit occured? England are out of the agreements list so it's clearly happened but I must have missed the message.  I just had a youngster sold but he can't join the English club until his 18th birthday.  He's Scottish too but I'm guessing they remained part of the UK.

26 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Is anyone else finding the game just a wee bit easy this year, don't get me wrong the ME is the best I've seen for a while but I feel it's too easy to win. I play as Hibernian, my tactics are similar to last years 4-4-2 diamond and 3-4-1-2, I was unbeaten in mid January and 23 points ahead of nearest rival, I topped my Euro group and had already won the Betfred League cup. Hibernian have a very good squad which would easily compete in the Premiership but it's all too simple this year, I suppose I could make it harder by simply playing with a rubbish tactic. :D

Yeah it's a doddle. :D

screenshot_252.png

Player interaction is still utterly moronic sometimes.  Daniele De Rossi signs a new contract with me (Roma) and then 2 months later says he wants to leave to go to an MLS club?  Then I tell him that would be bad for the club, he says ok fine he'll drop it, and then half my club is upset with the way he was treated anyway?  This is so stupid.  Half the time it seems like player interaction is just there to throw annoying roadblocks at you and make the game more difficult for the sake of it.

Apparently the problem is even worse.  It wasn't that the squad was unhappy despite him being satisfied with the interaction, it was that the dialogue was misleadingly worded, and he was actually UNHAPPY with the interaction although it didn't sound like it.  So now I have an unhappy player.  This is really poor and detracts from the game quite a bit.

There really needs to be revamp of this ''failed to strengthen the squad'' issues. It's like it only counts as strengthening if player has certain reputation.

For me the strengthening is when you buy player that is better than the ones you had. But my players don't think alike. I've bought better players, I'm currently 1st (MP is 21), but my best two players have abysmal morale because I failed to strengthen the squad. Stupid. And I asked my captain to resolve the issue, then message came to my inbox where it said that issue is resolved, but they stay very poor or abysmal, and under information it stays that they feel that time is running out for me to strengthen the squad.
And this is a BIG issue, as we all know how much morale is important in FM.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Firehouse said:

There really needs to be revamp of this ''failed to strengthen the squad'' issues. It's like it only counts as strengthening if player has certain reputation.

For me the strengthening is when you buy player that is better than the ones you had. But my players don't think alike. I've bought better players, I'm currently 1st (MP is 21), but my best two players have abysmal morale because I failed to strengthen the squad. Stupid. And I asked my captain to resolve the issue, then message came to my inbox where it said that issue is resolved, but they stay very poor or abysmal, and under information it stays that they feel that time is running out for me to strengthen the squad.
And this is a BIG issue, as we all know how much morale is important in FM.

If you think there's an issue, please raise it on our bugs forum here ideally with an example - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thanks. 

Really enjoying this year’s game so far, but I have noticed I let in a lot of goals off of corners unless my match preparation every game is ‘defend set pieces’. Gets frustrating especially when a lot of it is players that are set to man mark either let their man have a 5 yard head start, or mark another defender.

On a side note, I've just accidentally clicked the box 'don't show this message again' on the confirm team selection page. Is there any way I can get the box to show up again as I often almost submit my team by pressing space too much! Thanks.

3 hours ago, roykela said:

So what's in that latest update?

Something that makes my savegame being unable to load.

Played one month for nothing. Guess it's my fault for not keeping a back-up handy of my save games. Should know better than to rely on proper patches to be distributed.

3 minutes ago, Rhand said:

Something that makes my savegame being unable to load.

Played one month for nothing. Guess it's my fault for not keeping a back-up handy of my save games. Should know better than to rely on proper patches to be distributed.

Are you assuming that some small adboard update (?) has wrecked your save game? That's unlikely.

Haven't you thought about what you may have done after you last saved that game? Did you just close the game or turn off your computer as soon as the 'Saving Game' screen disappeared? The saving process will still be continuing in the background, so you really should leave a good few seconds - I'd say at least 10-15 seconds, but someone more 'in the know' might state otherwise - before you quit FM or power off.

Just now, CFuller said:

Are you assuming that some small adboard update (?) has wrecked your save game? That's unlikely.

Haven't you thought about what you may have done after you last saved that game? Did you just close the game or turn off your computer as soon as the 'Saving Game' screen disappeared? The saving process will still be continuing in the background, so you really should leave a good few seconds - I'd say at least 10-15 seconds, but someone more 'in the know' might state otherwise - before you quit FM or power off.

Unlikely, yet how unlikely is it that a game that saves and works afterwards for 30 times suddenly doesn't work anymore? It didn't happen yesterday or 2 days ago, no, today, just after I updated the game.

I can't believe I'm actually giving this assumption any credibility, but here goes: I always quit the game directly and let it save on my way out. I never turn off my computer after quitting the game, because I always check my email before going to bed.

Never in my life did I have a game that flatly refused to start my savegame, without me changing anything to the game settings or without me adding any custom content.

1 hour ago, King Costly said:

Anybody else noticing that throw-ins just don't seem right at all? The amount of times my own team, as well as the AI, just throw the ball straight to the opposition when they have options open is a bit silly. 

Yes i have noticed this too! Drives me crazy when the throw is going towards my player and the opposition turns into Billy Whizz and nips in front of my player.

2 minutes ago, Welshace said:

What exactly do you mean by not loading? does it come up with an error? do you do rolling saves?

nvnqck.jpg

And unfortunately I had turned it off, will not make that mistake again. Luckily I wasn't deep in (only 11 months), but it was for a Challenge that I was on my way to completing, hence my urge to rant!

40 minutes ago, Rhand said:

Unlikely, yet how unlikely is it that a game that saves and works afterwards for 30 times suddenly doesn't work anymore?

About as likely as it failing the first time you saved, or the 400th time you saved.  It's definitely gotten better over the years, but FM (or more accurately CM, as I've got awful memories of that) has always been prone to just frying saves randomly.  

Lesson as always is to have rolling autosaves or something similar.  Painful lesson to learn, but a useful one.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Rhand said:

nvnqck.jpg

And unfortunately I had turned it off, will not make that mistake again. Luckily I wasn't deep in (only 11 months), but it was for a Challenge that I was on my way to completing, hence my urge to rant!

Did you exit the game to update? When was the last time you'd played the save game? 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Did you exit the game to update? When was the last time you'd played the save game? 

Played it last night, quit + saved. Checked my email and facebook, shut down my laptop. Booted my laptop again today, wanted to play FM and first had to wait for the update to finish. Afterwards it didn't show my save game anymore in "Most Recent" and I was like "wtf", and when I click on Load Game it gave me that error.

Can't help but feel 4-4-2 is more effective than ever this year against high defenses. Don't know if it's because of Leicester last season and changes have been made because of that, but average teams constantly breaking with average players over the top is quite frustrating to watch. It's easy enough to counter by going defensive but can't help but feel it's too easy for teams to get out of high presses and feed the ball over the top for strikers

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

And to confirm, when you shut down your laptop, did you click on Start -> Power -> Shut down, or did you just press and hold the power button? 

I shut the lid.

I'm sorry, but are you honestly gonna be blaming my way of shutting down the laptop 10 minutes after quitting the game?

Can't help feel that the finishing attribute is meaningless.  I am repeatedly frustrated to 0-0 draws by poor clubs because my guys with finishing attributes in the 15-17 range fluff multiple chances.  This is a problem I had with FM16 as well.

It extends to penalties too.  I'm currently 1/4 on penalties in my career, despite them all being taken by players with a 15 penalty taking attribute.

Mods have told me this isn't the case, but I can't help but feel that finishing in this game is more or less entirely down to confidence and morale and luck.

1 hour ago, celtic_fc said:

Why do these tiny updates insist on messing up club names?  Becoming a chore to keep deleting the same files at least once a week.

I don't allow automatic updates for anything and thus I avoid such issues until I know how the update worked for everyone else. :cool:/:D

Archived